test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't login on Windows 8.1

Hey guys,

Just loaded up STO using the new arc lient on my Windwos 8.1 PC and ntoiced that I can't actually login to the game with the launcher. I think it might be related to the changes in Internet Explorer 11. Not biggie for me, as I'm waiting until Season 8 to really jump back in, but I figured you might want to investigate it before 8.1 goes out to everyone on October 18th.
Post edited by captainharlem on

Comments

• Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You might want to run the 'Net Test' and 'Trace Route' network diagnostics described in this thread...

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=225155

... and make sure you can actually establish a Internet link to the STO site, as there might be some underlying condition, (e.g. Firewall) in Windows 8.1 that you may need to tweak...
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You sure your not effected by the problem the rest of us are having?
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    captainharlemcaptainharlem Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Checked using traceroute tools and my firewall settings, it definitely seems to be a bug in the way the rendering engine of IE 11 treats button events differently as opposed to IE 10. Of course, i'm no dev and I could be completely wrong.

UPDATE
    Since I posted this status Microsoft released a new patch for Windows that address how the browser handles click events. Seems to ahve taken care of the issue.