test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

no bridge officer in first contact mission

2»

Comments

• giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Something like this lack of linking to your boff never should have happened. It's a near impossible bug to get past any sort of testing at all. Thus, the community reports the hell out of it, it's completely ignored, and then what?

What more can we do to communicate simple bugs with simple fixes to these devs?

1. They broke the split bottom pants around late June, early July. Simple, simple wrong texture. No fix yet. Anyone who wants any TNG era uniform is screwed. Not only do they not fix it, or even acknowledge that the problem exists, they even give away a free DS9 uniform to pour salt in the wound, putting a spotlight on this bug!

2. They removed soft boots for male characters; thus, anyone who bought TOS stuff is screwed out of a consistent uniform there. At this point, ALL of the canon uniforms are broken. Seriously. Not a word from the devs, no fix in sight.

And then the Envoy Diplomacy level has a completely broken mission system. This is beyond incompetence. It's intentional abandonment.

End of completely justified rant. Why is it justified? Because I want more people to play STO and buy stuff, so that it makes money. Between me and the devs, why am I the only one who wants that wish to come true?
    Greenbird
  • saakathsaakath Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Adding my voice to the fray. Having the same issue with lack of bridge officer briefing. Tried 4 different first contact mission types; all of em with the same problem.:confused:
  • teidi01teidi01 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am tired....no...exausted of waiting after Release notes for this game breaking bug to be fixed!!!

Have they even acknowledged it yet???????

This isn't simply cosmetics anymore...it really is a huge bug!!
  • rhodgherrhodgher Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same problem here.
    After two months no fix. Devs must have been busy with 'fixing' the icons...
    Graphics more important then working missions it seems..
  • asklepianasklepian Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    We are many who experience this problem. I have the issue with the "no Bridge Officer appearing to talk to" on ALL of my First Contact missions... I send a "BUG-report" about it months ago and then again a few weeks back and nothing has happened... I'm beginning to think it never will, which it seems I am not alone in...
  • chris5626chris5626 Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same problem here. Have to talk to my Bridge Officer but they aren't there, clicking on the 'Talk to Bridge Officer' button just makes the dialogue screen disappear. Surely this came up in testing?
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • rpb2012rpb2012 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same problem here.
  • nautis89nautis89 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm experiencing this glitch as well. At least I can make other people(wut?) faster now though.
  • skullleaderrfbsskullleaderrfbs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Same Issue here its still not fixed
  • nakrarnakrar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Same here for Eridan first contact, fix it please !
  • hamishmacdoogalhamishmacdoogal Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    wow.
    Wish I had seen these posts before I spent all that time travelling to the different first contact locations trying to see if any of them worked.
    At least now I know that I didn't miss something...(I think):mad:
  • pureleadheadpureleadhead Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Dame issue for me too. Why has this not been fixed?!!!!
    [Insert Clever Signature Here]
  • calgorifficcalgoriffic Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Still not fixed.
  • duckdaworldduckdaworld Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    And add me to the list, same issues.
    [Fleet Admiral DuckDAWorld - Universal Fleet Official Cancelor]
  • phaon14phaon14 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Same here. I have an alt that I intended to play as non-combat as possible. An alt I *was* willing to spend money on, I would like to point out. I have no intentions of spending said money until this issue is fixed, as these missions are the bread and butter of a non-com character.
  • h0llyw00dj0hnh0llyw00dj0hn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Non-existent bridge officer. I noticed that my science officer slot is full when I zone in, but as soon as the we go to the reception room, the science officer station is cleared. May not be the cause but might be a clue.
  • jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited September 2013
    Linked this thread in my bug report lol. maybe then they will do something about it or atleast acknowledge it. Oh and tried 2 different times in 2 different locations with 2 different aliens... No bridge officer to consult. Grind to get the mission and cannot do the mission is a big letdown.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • kaylin76kaylin76 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    OMG I have been wracking my brain trying to figure out a way to fix this. Reported bug for two systems in case they thought it was just one. I'm not glad you're all having the same trouble but at the same time...I'm glad I didn't miss something. *other than these posts* Frustrating. I was about to put money into my character...not so sure now.
  • cl1mh4224rdcl1mh4224rd Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I just reached Rank 3 Diplomacy. First Contact missions are still completely broken.

It might have something to do with bridge officers abandoning their stations during map loads. Every time the observation lounge map loads, 4 out of 5 of my bridge officer stations are empty.

However, I even tried setting every station to "None" before loading the observation lounge. They stayed set to "None", but it didn't fix anything.
  • dafmeisterdafmeister Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What's the deal with the BOFFs? Mine rarely abandon their posts entirely, but the department heads change pretty much any time I change maps.
  • bluelanternwarthbluelanternwarth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This problem appears to have been fixed for me now. Thank's STO Devs!