What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance (September 30, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hit evasive... that will free you lol :P

He means polarize hull.

Now I cant understand all the players that want a harder event for normal? A hard elite sure, but why the normal?

Do they get that amount of satisfaction from the frustration of other players? Really, the only reason someone would be against this fix on the normal event is out of sheer petty malice.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • admiralthorr360admiralthorr360 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    How about just managing your time better? I log in the same time every day to do my CC. I never have to do math to figure it out. Or, alternatively, you can make a mental note of the time you did the event in your head and say "Okay, yesterday I ran CC at 2pm. That means I can do it again any time after 10am."

Heh I take a NOTEPAD file on my desktop... named it... log the name and times I've finished the event. ALT+TAB + Type Note + Change Toons + Rinse + Repeat = Wheee. :cool:
  • jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited September 2013
    I am all in favor for them adding a "TRIBBLE Level" where the enemies have double the hitpoints, do twice the damage per shot, and players have half the DPS just for those who want more challenge and think dying allot makes things more challenging. If Cryptic provided that for those who think thats fun then we wouldnt have to hear from them complaining about care bears or whatever.

Then for everyone else a normal mode that casual players can do, easy peasy boring mode for experianced+geared players and an elite mode where the enemies actualy do something challenging aside from taking allot of hits and invisible 1 shot killing players, something like more skills used and random sets of tactics the enemies will do randomly like 1 enemy will hit you with tractor beam while another launches a high yield volley and the third knocks out your weapons and other combo attacks from multiple enemies. As for boss fights how about a boss that has every skill and will use them all on the players randomly with half cooldowns and not shared. That would be a real challenge... being prepared for any skill and can be hit with anything in any order and no 1 shot invisi torps or lance 10+ deaths required!
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • globus4globus4 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i was prepared to tough thru it all 14 days

instead of making it easier maybe could have sized up the loot?
    theres 1st page post of ppl not being able to beat it untill its easier, say what? :eek:
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    globus4 wrote: »
    i was prepared to tough thru it all 14 days

instead of making it easier maybe could have sized up the loot?
    theres 1st page post of ppl not being able to beat it untill its easier, say what? :eek:

that would have been the better way I think :cool:
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It is very annoying that maintenance is always at the same time (from 14:00 UTC), because it's peak time where i come from. I suggest you to make maintenance that way: one day 14:00 UTC, other day 4:00 UTC, then 20:00 UTC and so on.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Already said it in the appropriate Redshirt thread, but I'm gonna say it again:

I suggest reducing the respawn timer for the MU ships to something like 3-5 minutes instead of 10 minutes not to make it too easy.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    lter wrote: »
    Great, 2 hours downtime to nerf an already easy event... Oh well, if only important issues would take the same time to fix...

This..., all the mirror ships was fun and finaly a good test if your ship was set-up correctly.
    Next thing they will nerve nws, so you can do it in a miranda ??
    Cryptic hates missions that need special builds & team-work, a mmo that you can do alone.
  • robinsonfamilyrobinsonfamily Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thanks Cryptic for fixing the bugs. This is good news for the community at large!
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    bones1970 wrote: »
    This..., all the mirror ships was fun and finaly a good test if your ship was set-up correctly.
    Next thing they will nerve nws, so you can do it in a miranda ??
    Cryptic hates missions that need special builds & team-work, a mmo that you can do alone.

Agreed.
    CEE was good as it was, people just complained because they couldn't faceroll it with a pug team like before. However, it was still as braindead as ever if you had a well built team.

On a side note, I seriously hope the 2 hr maintenance today means there won't be one on thursday....
  • robinsonfamilyrobinsonfamily Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I seriously hope the 2 hr maintenance today means there won't be one on thursday....

Of course there will be one on Thursday. I believe we will see the memorial site for the late h2orat go live on Holodeck Server. Currently you can see the memorial on red shirt.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited September 2013
    Our maintenance has begun. We expect downtime to last for 2 hours and I will post again once it is complete. Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • cmdrbrooks38cmdrbrooks38 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Can't you guys do this at like 6 in the morning or something? I have only a two hour window to play in the morning and that's is (conveniently enough) RIGHT when you guys do your server maintenance.
  • anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sophus84at wrote: »
    ...half my fleet is having problems with this event in its current state...

i am aware that there are many players that CAN do it. me myself can do it., still its annoying. as it takes so much time i need for.... grinding or playing the game normally.

and there are people who are not able to. some of them my friends and fleet mates. and for those it should be doable also.
    It is easy if all players realize that they have to focus all their dps on the entity. Time and time again I see players getting occupied with the mirror ships, so then the few ones targeting the entity have it very rough and then it is near impossible to complete.
    I got all my shards since the start, doing the elite crystal cataclysm. My Romulan has a poorly equipped t5 ha'feh (coz I haven't spent much time on it so far) but even she makes it on the normal version of the event.
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • revyremirevyremi Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It is very annoying that maintenance is always at the same time (from 14:00 UTC), because it's peak time where i come from. I suggest you to make maintenance that way: one day 14:00 UTC, other day 4:00 UTC, then 20:00 UTC and so on.

yes but then they would have to find engineers that would want to do this work at random times.

its bad enough they have to get someone to come in and push the reset button. they also have to like hamsters
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It is easy if all players realize that they have to focus all their dps on the entity. Time and time again I see players getting occupied with the mirror ships, so then the few ones targeting the entity have it very rough and then it is near impossible to complete.
    Its a good strategy.

As a few people keep the mirror ships busy, the others are free to go after the entity.
  • nagrom7nagrom7 Member Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Can't you guys do this at like 6 in the morning or something? I have only a two hour window to play in the morning and that's is (conveniently enough) RIGHT when you guys do your server maintenance.

It's always 6 in the morning somewhere, if they changed it then someone else would be in your position, it just so happens to be when they work. Just unlucky I guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harden up Princess
    Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
    www.ausmonauts.com
  • mindspielmindspiel Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Bug w ECC? Dam, i was thinking that CC needs some help on Elite. Ships from Mirror are just some temporary slowdown but nothing to big to handle. Please, make them attack players on sight and put some more. This could be potentially a great challenge...

Cheers
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have completed the CE Event 52 times (4 days, 13 characters, mostly PUGs on Normal, but some private Elite runs, too), so it is doable. However it's involved frustration, taken longer than it should, required leaving bugged instances, etc. (ie not fun).

I'm happy Cryptic is fixing the bugs.

Thanks.

:)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • issueman1issueman1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thank you for fixing this... I know you thought it was working as intended. It was not, It was doable with top quality groups, but how many of us pug it? I do just because getting the full group is a PITA.
  • kingpounderkingpounder Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It is bugged but not every time, i had only one time where this event goes crazy and every ship getting shot down in seconds. I cant say what goes wrong but in my opinion the spawn timer is ok even that the Mu ships start to fire if a player gets in range is fine. There are a few bugs in this event, today on my run not a single fragment and the Entity absorb doesnt work. But like above the next time the event runs fine.

At first you should only fix the clean up Mu ships on rifts despawn, thats completely enough. Every other fix doesnt fix the real issue, it only make it too easy.
    edited September 2013
    It is bugged but not every time, i had only one time where this event goes crazy and every ship getting shot down in seconds. I cant say what goes wrong but in my opinion the spawn timer is ok even that the Mu ships start to fire if a player gets in range is fine. There are a few bugs in this event, today on my run not a single fragment and the Entity absorb doesnt work. But like above the next time the event runs fine.

At first you should only fix the clean up Mu ships on rifts despawn, thats completely enough. Every other fix doesnt fix the real issue, it only make it too easy.
    I agree on fixing the bug of tons of mirror ships, but reducing the number of rifts and mirror ships not firing on you when not attacked is overkill. The Terran Empire are enemies; of course they will fire on you!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
  • revyremirevyremi Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    edited September 2013
    revyremi wrote: »
    And what does this have to do with STO? Wrong forum...
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
  • deniedexistencedeniedexistence Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Even in random pugs, the CE was pretty easy on elite. All anyone needed to do was ignore the mirror ships and they wouldn't come after you. They would even fight the CE, and then when the shockwaves came at 66% and 33% it would wipe them ALL out

So there wasn't really a problem with it in the first place imo. But just like anything in this game, the vast majority of people who can't seem to figure out basic builds and jump straight into elite just cause 'it gives moar markzorz' don't understand how to actually play the mission, it summarily stomps on them, and they complain. Then comes the nerf bat.

Can't we have something that is an actual challenge in this game instead of more braindead 'mash spacebar, all things go kaboom, mission success' stuff? And when we do can we not have it nerfed into oblivion cause people can't be bothered to learn game mechanics and actually build a half-decent ship?
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    issueman1 wrote: »
    Thank you for fixing this... I know you thought it was working as intended. It was not, It was doable with top quality groups, but how many of us pug it? I do just because getting the full group is a PITA.

I -only- pug ce

to not pug ce is a strange prospect as due to the way cryptic likes to make us work together but at the same time reward only one of us for doing so (competetive team pve still makes me wonder about the devs sanity point level) - thus to do it as a team of friends means you are doing it wrong as instead of all of you getting first place, instead only one of you will get it
  • nenfisnenfis Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    revyremi wrote: »
    yes but then they would have to find engineers that would want to do this work at random times.

its bad enough they have to get someone to come in and push the reset button. they also have to like hamsters

After three years of play, and multiple days without playing because we always make revisions at the same time and after asking hundreds of times. DO NOT WANT TO COME TO WORKERS AT 3:00 IN THE MORNING, but can not perform the reviews 2 hours later or earlier?. It's not that complicated, just something that will not do.

And as a player I'm tired of those who claim to have patience and all that, I have paid for a service, and live in another part of the world I have the same right as others to get it and demand it.

If it affects you, perfect, but which affects us we only have the right to complain, but we know that we are ignored.

A greeting.
  • allarian210allarian210 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Strangely enough I never had any problems on my Romulan Dreadnought with Dual beam setup, I use Beam fire at will with it and only the cloaking shields module, works well for drawing the fire so the rest of my teammates don't die, and since he's an Engineer he survives quite well against the whole invasion. Although, I don't suggest drawing that much firepower without at least the Nukara Mk X set or the combo of 2 piece assimilated and elite fleet shields.

I did however have problems with any character of mine that wasn't an Engineer, except for the Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier Romulan Tac. But then, she has the Jem'Hadar Mk XII set.
  • allarian210allarian210 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I agree on fixing the bug of tons of mirror ships, but reducing the number of rifts and mirror ships not firing on you when not attacked is overkill. The Terran Empire are enemies; of course they will fire on you!

no no, they're not stopping them from doing that, only making it more likely for them to target the entity as well, after all, it is an enemy as well, it should also fire on the Mirror Universe ships though, not just the players Prime Universe ships.
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited September 2013
    Don't thank them until you try it

Or

"I have a bad feeling about this"
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
This discussion has been closed.