test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (September 26, 2013) [Complete!]

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited September 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, September 26th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 2.5 hours. The test server, launcher and access to manage your account may also be unavailable during some portions of the maintenance.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Excellent job on the Lobi!

Both much requested and much appreciated.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Lobi AND CE rerun at the same time?

Me likey. Was not expecting the Lobi to hit so soon.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    well well well i be dang gone they acctually did it they made lobi account bound
    Lobi is now bind on account!
    Lobi can now be traded between all characters on an existing account through the account bank.
    Lobi cannot be traded to other players or placed on the exchange.
    This change will work on all existing Lobi you're already collected as well as all future earned Lobi.
    The Lobi tutorial that would reward a single Lobi is now once per account

• Options
    defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Will we ever know why the change to lobi to being made? I'm happy it's coming but I'm wondering if this is the good news before the bad news so to speak. :o
    Cryptic and PWE,

I thank you for the lobi changes.

This is welcomed news and shows that you guys do indeed listen to us !

Thanks again !
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    ducklesworthducklesworth Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm extremely suspicious that the CE event is going to have significantly reduced rewards compared to when it was launched. They're holding off on the details until the morning of the patch, not a good sign.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited September 2013
    I'm extremely suspicious that the CE event is going to have significantly reduced rewards compared to when it was launched. They're holding off on the details until the morning of the patch, not a good sign.

Dooooooooom!!!!! :P

Sneak peek of the new project's rewards: 50,000 Dilithium Ore, 500 Fleet Marks, 250 Marks of your choice (Fleet, Omega, Romulan or Nukara), and a special Very Rare Duty Officer.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Sneak peek of the new project's rewards: 50,000 Dilithium Ore, 500 Fleet Marks, 250 Marks of your choice (Fleet, Omega, Romulan or Nukara), and a special Very Rare Duty Officer.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

*Raises eyebrow* That's a nice set of rewards, in league with what it was in the past. Question, if we have already done the first project will we be able to this one, or no?
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • Options
    buddha1369buddha1369 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

:eek:

250 less marks BUT the option to change 250 to whatever you want. Pretty good tradeoff. And a possible crystal shard doff? Interesting

Of course my one non-fleet character will now reach almost 4000 fleet marks with this event. All from CE and PvP dailies.
  • Options
    giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I love you Crytpic!!! Thank you so much for making Lobi account bound!!!
    edited September 2013
    rtk142 wrote: »
    *Raises eyebrow* That's a nice set of rewards, in league with what it was in the past. Question, if we have already done the first project will we be able to this one, or no?

Absolutely! :) And for players who have the old project in progress, they need to cancel* it or complete it before they see the new project. And if they have enough progress already and enough time to run the event daily during the 3 weeks it's active, they may even be able to complete both!

There is also a new bonus 1-shard project that becomes available only after completing the new rep project: 2,000 Dilithium Ore, 50 Fleet Marks and 35 Marks of your choice (Fleet, Omega, Romulan or Nukara). The old one will no longer be available to slot.

* Any existing contributions will be lost if you cancel the project.

And that's all the spoilerz for tonight! :cool: Stay tuned tomorrow morning at 10AM PDT for the news post that contains full details about the event.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    neok182neok182 Member Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Absolutely! :) And for players who have the old project in progress, they need to cancel* it or complete it before they see the new project. And if they have enough progress already and enough time to run the event daily during the 3 weeks it's active, they may even be able to complete both!

There is also a new bonus 1-shard project that becomes available only after completing the new rep project: 2,000 Dilithium Ore, 50 Fleet Marks and 35 Marks of your choice (Fleet, Omega, Romulan or Nukara). The old one will no longer be available to slot.

And that's all the spoilerz for tonight! :cool: Stay tuned tomorrow morning at 10AM PDT for the news post that contains full details about the event.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

okay i have a question.

on my romulan i have the project but i've never slotted it because the event was done.

Will i get this project tomorrow or will i have to go complete that one to get this one? and if i have to do both is there enough time to do both?
    ACCESS DENIED
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm so glad of this. As I got lobi stuck on characters that I can't do anything with. This will help as I find some on maps, etc. And can go towards a purchase better.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    billsy101billsy101 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    All good will be in bed asleep anyway...
  • Options
    khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Fleeeeeeaaaaas now that is sweet.

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited September 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

"Brandon I will take this Project as my Late Brithday Gift.... :) Thank you!!!"
  • Options
    sasdeansasdean Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Branflakes:

Will this patch stop the recurring "Server Not Responding" issue that I and many other players have suffered with since the last patch ending "Hearts and Minds?" Tech Support has been unable to offer a viable solution, so I was wondering whether the devs might be resolving it.

Thanks for all your assistance and I'm particularly excited about the account-wide Lobi change and intend on using it once I can access STO again. (Its going on 11 days without meaningful access to the game.)

Kindest regards,

Sasdean
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Eh would have been more feasible if the rumored change to rep systems where you wouldn't have to do it on every single character went in first but too soon to regrind CE again. Not worth the time spent imo.
  • Options
    oakland4lifeoakland4life Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Finally some good news... thx 4 making the Lobi's bind on account instead of one character.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I am going to tip my hat to cryptic on this patch

Youve listened to your players and gave them something they have been wanting for a very long time account bound lobi .

The crytaline entity event returning is a nice touch

Now could you guys do something for risa? it looks so..sad and lonley now :D
  • Options
    greendragon527greendragon527 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Indeed, credit must be given where credit is due, thanks for making lobi account bound and bring back the Crystalline Event! Good job Cryptic!
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Lobi crystals account bound? :eek:

What's next, a tier 5 constitution? :D
  • Options
    admiralthorr360admiralthorr360 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Really thankful lobi are being made Account bound especially considering how much people can spend trying to get lobis; changing your mind on something to try and consolidate to get something first ... just makes things easier. Especially if you have leftover Lobi.

I'd really love to see Rich Dilithium Mine ticket boxes or w/e they're called Account bound as well. I don't see why they are I mean you typically have the 8k cap etc all the time anyway but spreading it out among some toons might be cool considering when you have a couple hundred boxes on one toon... because previously you needed the lobi on one toon.... (these things kinda conflict when you have to decide what you want which Is why I feel these should also be account not character bound)

The important thing here though is; this is a really positive step forward and I'd like to thank you guys for it. Thank you!!!
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Now that they are Account Bound...,

I wonder if we will ever see a sale again.

:eek:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    solidneutroniumsolidneutronium Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Lobi account bound, CE rerun.

It's a trap!
    Professional Slider Since 2409

Officially Nerfed In Early 2410
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Is the "free sample" single Lobi you get from a mission also bound to account ?

Or will we get a repeat of the winter event 'materials' where some were bound , some weren't and if you grouped those which were with those that weren't then the whole stack became un-tradable .
  • Options
    oracion666oracion666 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Lobi is account bound. . . A big wish has been fulfilled. . . . I love you. . .
    Formerly known as Echo@Rivyn13
    Member since early 2011

• Options
    admiralthorr360admiralthorr360 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I want to be able to take my ship into Earth Space-Dock and see the docking clamps locking on.... even if I choose to see it happen once it was all worth the effort :P How bout we do that next :P ?
  • Options
    thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    How long will the CE projects be available?
  • Options
    rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    Looks like I'm going to be doing CE a lot again
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
This discussion has been closed.