Install Arc
Options

Record Runs

Comments

• Options
    ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kirisee wrote: »
    hmm using bad game mechanics to defeat the STF's fast is not uber..when will ppl learn that to be truely good you don't have to exploit mechanics to be uber....sigh

totally agree. this topic is the pit of cheaters, exploiters and liers. it is a shame, cryptic does nothing to ban these kind of players, who advertise ther "great deeds", when a legit player cant get such results

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • Options
    eardianmeardianm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, at least I make my cheating obvious by using cruisers and beams, known throughout the forums to be both terrible choices
  • Options
    lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited May 2013
    ferdzso0 wrote: »
    totally agree. this topic is the pit of cheaters, exploiters and liers. it is a shame, cryptic does nothing to ban these kind of players, who advertise ther "great deeds", when a legit player cant get such results

Just because you can''t do it doesn't means it was cheated. Just like you can''t beat 10 seconds for a 100 dash, doesn't means those that can are cheating.
    Learn to get better or learn to accept that you are not the best.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Lol, he's trolling
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Just because you can''t do it doesn't means it was cheated. Just like you can''t beat 10 seconds for a 100 dash, doesn't means those that can are cheating.
    Learn to get better or learn to accept that you are not the best.

just because I am not willing to pump my veins with steroids and adrenalin and all kinds of stuff, I cant beat 10 seconds for a 100 dash. frak me for being honest and fair.
    I know its my fault that I try to play a game without exploits, and cheats, but blatantly advertising like this, is just too much

• Options
    dichtbringerdichtbringer Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stop trolling ferd, or at least make it not overly obvious with your signature :D Also tell Hulk his mom says hi.
    STO Voice Control Tutorial Video: WATCH
    ELITE STF SPEED RECORDS (time on optional remaining):
    S07: KASE: 12:54 | CSE: 13:20 | ISE: 12:38 All held personally, my POV
    LOR: KASE: 13:19 | CSE: 13:47 | ISE: 13:34 None held personally, other player's POV
    S08: coming soon
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Stop trolling ferd, or at least make it not overly obvious with your signature :D Also tell Hulk his mom says hi.

the troll must go on!11!!11 (how hypocritical is it, to press 1s, when ! is on button 4 for me, lol). its especially fun when it is obvious (and especially fun if I already admitted to trolling in this topic).
    also there is truth in my words, that noone can deny. them ppl are using outside programs, and bad game design for their cause

also, I aint playing at the moment til after LoR, so I cant tell Tom nothing (but I really really want to, in fact I will stop working now, and go home online to listen to his soothing voice)

• Options
    wildchild8wildchild8 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ahoi!

was looking for info on the DPS 5000 channel, any OP's around that could invite or parse me? would like to check the channel out...!

I run 6-8k engi's and sci's with 9-11k tacs...

found a parse or two floating around from STF runs, have a looksy or if you want to do a run to parse my dps yourself hit me up.

Sci Fed ( Jones )

http://i.imgur.com/X4iBeLb.png

Tac Fed ( Quaid )

http://i.imgur.com/wWX5wg2.png?1

@wildchild8
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.elitedefensestarfleet.com

/channel_join PublicEliteSTF
    PublicEliteSTF Channel Info: bit.ly/PublicEliteSTFV2
    WE WANT A KDF BOP 3 PACK!!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I'll give a shout out to channel admins. Probably just want to do a quick ISE run with you but not seeing anything of concern.
  • Options
    wildchild8wildchild8 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    eardianm wrote: »
    I'll give a shout out to channel admins. Probably just want to do a quick ISE run with you but not seeing anything of concern.

sweet, thanks, might be best for them to mail me @wildchild8 to arrange to meet somewhere or a channel to sound off on so they can pick me up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.elitedefensestarfleet.com

/channel_join PublicEliteSTF
    PublicEliteSTF Channel Info: bit.ly/PublicEliteSTFV2
    WE WANT A KDF BOP 3 PACK!!
  • Options
    dranaldranal Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi all!

I would love to have an invite to the DPS-5000 channel.

I have a Fed Sci that flies an HEC. He usually does 6-8K.

My Romulan Tac flies a Scimitar and usually does 8-11K.

Thanks!
  • Options
    whiskyfueledwhiskyfueled Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Howdy all!

Nice work on those runs. I'd love to join you for a few.
    By now i'm parsing well above 5k, on pretty much every one of my 12 chars, in random ISE PUGs up to ~15-17k on my new (still slightly undergeared) Scimitars.
    I'd really appreciate a chance to try out for DPS-5000, feel free to contact me @whiskyfueled.

Thanks Guys and Gals!

edit: Invite taken care of, was a great run. see ya in space :)
  • Options
    begeracbegerac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hey, I would love to see Inv for 5k dps channel

@begerac

Btw maybe good idea would be to post new topic here by one of channel admins, where people could just write there instead of offtops here:D
  • Options
    topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    begerac wrote: »
    Hey, I would love to see Inv for 5k dps channel

@begerac

Btw maybe good idea would be to post new topic here by one of channel admins, where people could just write there instead of offtops here:D

I'll get in game and parse you through an ISE.

I don't think we're actively recruiting any more, need to weed out the fluff first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • Options
    igordudesloigordudeslo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    if some1 want invite to dps5k can pm me in game @cpts4rge for qualifying run
    you will need 5kdps with cannons or 7k with beams to get invite
  • Options
    khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Color me interested. I've been working my buns off squeezing every last ounce of performance out of my dreadnought cruiser. It would certainly prove a point if I can make it into the 5k dps channel!

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • Options
    bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    khayuung wrote: »
    Color me interested. I've been working my buns off squeezing every last ounce of performance out of my dreadnought cruiser. It would certainly prove a point if I can make it into the 5k dps channel!

5k isn't the end station, after you get into dps-5000, try to get into dps-11.000 after that, dps20k and ofcouse the end station is to get into Kirks_protege.
    And no im not joking.
  • Options
    drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    bones1970 wrote: »
    5k isn't the end station, after you get into dps-5000, try to get into dps-11.000 after that, dps20k and ofcouse the end station is to get into Kirks_protege.
    And no im not joking.

Funny because I see members in Kirk's Protege every day who are not in any of the DPS channels. Not that they can't do 5/11k, they are just not interested in anything besides NWS I guess.
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    meh, this thread is elitism at it's finest. Until now I had never even heard of such a channel. If you are to the point where you become obsessed with your "DPS", you really need to take a step back into reality. Reread for a moment, this thread is advertising a chat channel that only allows players with 5k DPS or more. The only point I'd see in such a channel would be for bragging rights, or for creating a master "List of people that will oneshot themselves when firing on a science vessel max specced in feedback pulse".

I've seen a lot of players throw out the "I do 20k+ DPS" card lately on the forums and ingame. It's honestly getting very old, none of those "20k+ DPS" builds are single target, they all use AoE. 5 fore weapon slot ships aside, most builds do not get over 10k against a single target when on their own.

I will say those rapid STF completions are impressive, even believable with as much AoE as presented. Somehow though, I think there is a bug somewhere in there. Quite a few times there are 15k critical hits from a single dual heavy cannon shot shown in the videos against targets, even when Attack Patterns and debuffs are down. I don't care if you say you are running [CritD]x3 dual heavy cannons for +70% critical severety. Under normal conditions you aren't going to get that much damage out of one critical hit. Other than that, nice videos.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited September 2013
    Sorry the only bug here is how rediculous Cryptic have let power creep get and how much it just plain favours doing damage through weapons. That and APB3 stacks to such a silly extent that even a tanking cruiser will see their beams hit for 3k playing with all these players.

Also, lolz, romulans. I've heard people get nearly 20% crit chance on them, it's just absurd. One stupidly powerful combination would be 5 recluses with elite mesh weavers, romulan faction, romulan crew, atack pattern cooldown doffs and just using FAW back to back with APB3 to melt anything they touch.

I'm not kidding either, seen elite mesh weavers hit for 20k+ with their pathetic leeching torps thanks to APB3.

Incidentally how does one go about getting a 5k and 11k invite, got at least 3 builds that should qualify for both.

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    meh, this thread is elitism at it's finest. Until now I had never even heard of such a channel. If you are to the point where you become obsessed with your "DPS", you really need to take a step back into reality. Reread for a moment, this thread is advertising a chat channel that only allows players with 5k DPS or more. The only point I'd see in such a channel would be for bragging rights, or for creating a master "List of people that will oneshot themselves when firing on a science vessel max specced in feedback pulse"...
    Personally like the DPS-5000 channel because it's an invite-only channel for people that score a "decent" amount of DPS. The definition of "decent" being that they can at least be relied upon to pull their weight in any given mission.

I honestly don't mean any insult, but there are lots of players that just don't get game mechanics and/or are too casual/unable to practice mission "procedures". And while I know many of these people and am close friends with them, and still happily run missions with them, there are times where I just want to login, get my Game On, and blow up pixels. I got dailies to do and possibly limited time to do it... I don't want to mess around with sloppy play where an Infected run takes 14-20mins and might blow the Optional.

Cue DPS-5000 Channel. All those are "guaranteed" to take 5-10mins and the people know how to run them "professionally" (I don't have to "waste" even more time explaining the steps).

So to me it's more convenience than Elitism.

That being said, within an acceptable parameter of imperfection, I do like to master game mechanics and try to min/max my builds, and I like others that do too. It's one of the things that makes the game fun.
    bpharma wrote: »
    ...Incidentally how does one go about getting a 5k and 11k invite, got at least 3 builds that should qualify for both.
    I got my 5k invite purely by serendipitous fortune, some time ago. I was playing through an ISE mission with some people from the PublicEliteSTF channel and it went swimmingly well. We were all so impressed/happy that the five of us carried on to complete CSE and KASE too. When finished, one of the players offered us an invite to the channel (they had been parsing the missions, IIRC).

As for the 11k, that just happened for me two days ago. I saw in 5k that they were testing for invites and I had a build that I was pretty sure could make 10-12k so I asked for a go. Got 16.2k DPS out of my A2B Excel during that qualifier run.

:D

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    bpharma wrote: »

Also, lolz, romulans. I've heard people get nearly 20% crit chance on them,

I did some math and if i had my numbers right the hard cap is around 24%. I think 23.8 if every console is used, every boff is SRO, reps are specced right, skill tree is specced right, and its a rom tac cappy with RO as well.

I dont think CritH actually shows from your weapons on the "attack" window, but that adds even more. (if so it pushes your effective crit rate with all CritHx3 weapons into 30 territory)

Oh yeah, and the severity without popping any buffs is somewhere around 115%
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I did some math and if i had my numbers right the hard cap is around 24%. I think 23.8 if every console is used, every boff is SRO, reps are specced right, skill tree is specced right, and its a rom tac cappy with RO as well.

I dont think CritH actually shows from your weapons on the "attack" window, but that adds even more. (if so it pushes your effective crit rate with all CritHx3 weapons into 30 territory)

Oh yeah, and the severity without popping any buffs is somewhere around 115%

At that point you'd probably be better off with [CritD]x3 on the weapons instead of [CrtH].
  • Options
    xxxhellspawnyxxxxxxhellspawnyxxx Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Just to bring the thread back on track...

these are the current records that I know:

Left on optionals:

ISE - 13:30
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ7NGSYzTHo

CSE - 13:27
    http://www.twitch.tv/ryansto/c/2888455
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzL8_lPi9pE

KASE - 13:19
    http://www.twitch.tv/ryansto/c/2888432

Total combat time:

CCE - 1:50
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESY3Sl5xZfg

HSE - 3:02
    http://www.twitch.tv/ryansto/c/2888357

Or do we have any better times yet?
  • Options
    buccaneerdtbbuccaneerdtb Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Just to bring the thread back on track...

these are the current records that I know:

Left on optionals:

ISE - 13:30
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ7NGSYzTHo

CSE - 13:27
    http://www.twitch.tv/ryansto/c/2888455
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzL8_lPi9pE

KASE - 13:19
    http://www.twitch.tv/ryansto/c/2888432

Total combat time:

CCE - 1:50
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESY3Sl5xZfg

HSE - 3:02
    http://www.twitch.tv/ryansto/c/2888357

Or do we have any better times yet?

We were not trying for speed, however...

Yesterday we finished Khitomer Accord Ground Elite with 4 minutes left on Optional timer.

We killed all borg in all rooms and skipped none of the Elites.

3 Engineers 1 Tactical 1 Science
  • Options
    squeezedbesqueezedbe Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Anyway all fun and so on,

But possible to get an test for the 5000k channel? And while we are at it also for the 10k channel?

Pretty sure ill pass but never received an invite anywhere so thought wth. could be less frustrating to play stf s with peeps who know what they are doing right? :)

Edit: Really hope to get the change for a test off. I wont waste you guys time for that 10k channel or however its called above 10k for the 'Invite Only' channels.

Currently my Tac s char build is good for around 15 - 21k DPS depending on PUGS mostly. a2b build
    If needed i also got a Cannon based build laying around somewhere capable of going to 11 - 14k mostly depending on pugs asswell 'but would need a minute to change ship/boffs for it offc.'

Also got an Sci build doing around 9 - 12k ish 'also depending on Pugs'
    engy char around 14k
    And some other chars going above 10k but which still are a work in progress

Reason for wanting to get an invite? Because im losing intrest in normal eSTF ing thx to well been there done that not a real challenge anymore, aint liking PVP neither for some reason. But i have intrest in doing speedruns 'with the clock as my challenge' which is only doable if you got decent teammates.
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What's DPS-5000? Sounds fun, can I join you guys?
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I only just heard of this channel today.
    I'll have to work on my builds. My KDF tac is at 4.5k. I also have a fed sci that gets almost 4k. This is all without fleet equipment (neither are members). My KDF even has MK X & XI stuff on it.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • Options
    saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    There are currently... 5 different channels for each class of dps/skill level, ofc the recruiting is not open and the channels are NOT moderated, reasoning that the recruiting is fairly slow. moderating also costs time, and there currently have been only 1 player who got kicked from the channel. hopefully nobody gotta leave in future, which is reason why recruiting is slow.
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."