test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Record Runs

superguru100superguru100 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
So the guys over at DPS-5000 channel saw a very old post (5months) on the forums, showing that "record" times for space stfs were around the 10min mark left on optional, knowing that they do that even when in pugs a few of them got together and recorded quick times on the three original Space STF's with times all in excess of 12mins left on clock

Infected: The Conduit (Elite) 12:21 left
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU4fPLN3AVU

Khitomer Vortex (Elite) 12:16 left
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwFXffggb6Y

The Cure Found (Elite) 12:33 left
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at66M5k_ciA

in the discription of each of these vids is a link to the combatlog parser used and a downloadable combatlog.log of the encounter if you wish to use your own parser

enjoy the vids and please if you beat any of these times post a moving VIDEO of it as photos can be easily shopp
Post edited by superguru100 on

Comments

• ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    the videos are obviously edited, these are fakes

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ferdzso0 wrote: »
    these are fakes
    "It's a faaaaake!"

sorry, had to do it :P
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • agresiel2agresiel2 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    the videos are obviously edited, these are fakes

i love your epic trolling ferdzso0

i can send you UNEDITED videos if you want, tho im sure as your a massive troll you would just claim these are faked somehow too :P
    MY SPEED RECORDS KASE: 13:38 CSE: 13:52 ISE: 13:51 HSE: 2:58 NWS: 6:35

Solo STF's With Optional ISE: 3:34
    i have all logs saved of these so if you would like to view them send me a pm and it can be arranged :)
    edited April 2013
    agresiel2 wrote: »
    i love your epic trolling ferdzso0

i can send you UNEDITED videos if you want, tho im sure as your a massive troll you would just claim these are faked somehow too :P

raw videos are harder to fake. no wonder you uploaded the edit, so while we accuse you of them being fake, you can also fake the raw vids too.
    it is impossible to get that much dps in the game, unless you are glitching...

• saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    raw videos are harder to fake. no wonder you uploaded the edit, so while we accuse you of them being fake, you can also fake the raw vids too.

Coming from guy that has 10k dps vesta, you are the haxor hiar, anything over 800 dps is a cheat.
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
    edited April 2013
    saxfire wrote: »
    Coming from guy that has 10k dps vesta, you are the haxor hiar, anything over 800 dps is a cheat.

vesta is pay to win

• eardianmeardianm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh no no, I'm getting my name in on this. If everyone is around Saturday we're aiming for 12:30 left on ISE. I think I can get the last couple upgrades to beams o doom in place by then.

And I assume ferdzso is actually trolling? I didn't look, did agresiel2 hit 20k again in that run? Was cross verified in a couple parse logs the first time.
    edited April 2013
    dont worry gwen, i credited you in the ise video, and no i got about 19k ish dps on that run the 20k run was a few days before :)

i have all logs saved of these so if you would like to view them send me a pm and it can be arranged :)
  • xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dont worry gwen, i credited you in the ise video, and no i got about 19k ish dps on that run the 20k run was a few days before :)

Is that you in the videos? Quit clicking like a noob. ;)

How's your DPS on average pug runs? I've always wondered if my would go up or down if I ran w/ a pimped out group.
    edited April 2013
    xantris wrote: »
    Is that you in the videos? Quit clicking like a noob. ;)

How's your DPS on average pug runs? I've always wondered if my would go up or down if I ran w/ a pimped out group.

yes its me, i do keybind and macro, but wanted to show that even a clicker can do good damage, thats my excuse and im sticking to it ;)

my average dps in pug runs varies differs wildly, but id say 15-16k is pretty standard, if i go below 15k im usually pretty angry at myself

• mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is totally doable. With all the new equipment, ships and passives the STFs are left behind.

The video is edited because is jumping from one player to another.
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
    edited April 2013
    mrkollins wrote: »
    This is totally doable. With all the new equipment, ships and passives the STFs are left behind.

The video is edited because is jumping from one player to another.

ofc its edited but the timer is not doctored in anyway, its just two points of view of the same encounter

but yes a new difficulty would be nice

• mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ofc its edited but the timer is not doctored in anyway, its just two points of view of the same encounter

but yes a new difficulty would be nice

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that these videos are fake, I'm just throwing some clarification.
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • theeishtmotheeishtmo Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Can we get a bit of clarification on what ships and weapons were being used in these? I don't need all your secrets, just some idea of what was being used.
    I know there is a method but all I see is madness.
    edited April 2013
    theeishtmo wrote: »
    Can we get a bit of clarification on what ships and weapons were being used in these? I don't need all your secrets, just some idea of what was being used.

i dont know everyones build but the basic idea is dhc x4 turrets x3 and 5 tac consoles, if 5 players do that it doesnt matter what ship they are flying, as long as you have 5 tac consoles and dhc/turret you will do the dps required to get these times

me personally was flying either the kumari tac with 5 dhc 2 turrets OR i was flying the fleet defiant with 4 dhc and 3 turrets. depends which video you watch.

weapons should be fleet advanced (teir 2 eng starbase) and as you can see by the green everywhere, disruptor as they are the biggest dps increase out of all the procs (pve ofc)

hope that helps

edited April 2013
    i dont know everyones build but the basic idea is dhc x4 turrets x3 and 5 tac consoles, if 5 players do that it doesnt matter what ship they are flying, as long as you have 5 tac consoles and dhc/turret you will do the dps required to get these times

me personally was flying either the kumari tac with 5 dhc 2 turrets OR i was flying the fleet defiant with 4 dhc and 3 turrets. depends which video you watch.

its impossible to use that many dhcs because of the firing cycles, lol

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    its impossible to use that many dhcs because of the firing cycles, lol
    what do firing cycles have to do with anything? they don't stop other weapons from being fired
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited April 2013

LOL, you are not a member of dps-5000 or you would know that the top players can get up-to 18k, i'm stuck on about 13 k.
    Yes dps-5000 is awsome.
  • eardianmeardianm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

weapons should be fleet advanced (teir 2 eng starbase) and as you can see by the green everywhere, disruptor as they are the biggest dps increase out of all the procs (pve ofc)

hope that helps

Afaik I'm one of the few running a beam build, in a dkora atm. It's not the most optimised choice, but unfortunately kdf cruisers don't slot what I'm trying to do. Might just try it in a jhec next and test.
  • radkipradkip Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We didn't record it, but 4 Federation Emergency Services + 1 extra guy finished Khitomer Accord Ground Elite with 7:01 left on the optional a few weeks back. Fastest I've witnessed it being done, by far.

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
    kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited April 2013
    Yes, these are possible, and the vids are real. I play with the same people in DPS-5000 and have seen some consistently amazing scores. (seriously though, i thought it was BS until I played with them.... and I thought I was good. LOL)

What the trolls fail to realize it's NOT the ship that produces the killer DPS. It's the pilots.

The times are doable - and I have been part of a few really interesting ones. When your team average is 7K+, these missions are over before you know it.

And our resident GREEN MONSTER just broke 20K dps in his words 'with the wrong doffs'.

So while Mr. 10K Vesta vents about what he thinks is real, we're still waiting on see any proof from him.

Admiral Thrax
    Delirium Tremens
  • sohtohsohtoh Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just watched the ISE video... that was pretty freaking awesome.
    "I'm not big on telepaths myself. I'm not big on guns either. But if everyone else has them, I want to make sure I can get my hands on the biggest one I can."
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I just ran ISE, CSE, and KSE with some ppl from a PublicEliteSTF channel... The runs were insane! :eek: We finished all three in about 4min each. I'd never done STFs so fast!

Gwen was one of the members of our little group, and invited me to the DPS-5000 channel. (Apparently my Vo'Quv I was flying was pouring out about 7k... And it's not even finished yet, with some Mk X uncommon gear still (have to finish my Reputations on this toon)!)

Anyway, I wouldn't have believed runs like this were possible if I hadn't just went through them myself. Crazy cool!!!

:cool:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The fact remains that high dps (say above 10k) is a team efford. You cant take one of these numbers like 18k and assume thats what this player would have done in a pug game so in the end those numbers are worthless. Nice somehow but worthless. Its nice to see the elite stfs go fast and i dont say its not possible just saying that talking about dps is as much about your own setup as it is about your team.
    edited April 2013
    S we're still waiting on see any proof from him.

yeah. some proof would be nice, not these edited and shopped fakes
    The fact remains that high dps (say above 10k) is a team efford. You cant take one of these numbers like 18k and assume thats what this player would have done in a pug game so in the end those numbers are worthless. Nice somehow but worthless. Its nice to see the elite stfs go fast and i dont say its not possible just saying that talking about dps is as much about your own setup as it is about your team.

exactly. in a pug, where you are not getting all the tac team, and glitches and hax from your teammates, its impossible to do more than 5k dps

edited April 2013

lol not to turn this into a flame war, but you really are cluless.
    and id put money on it that your probably low end dps too!

while it is true that the team effort helps i and many others can get 14k+ in pug groups without a problem, just because you cant doesnt mean its not possible

so instead of trying to devalue other peoples achievements, because you cant do them why not try and get better and maybe learn from other people who are better

if you wanna run a pug group with me you can ill prove to you, also look at KASE video where players pretty much SPLIT UP the entire run targeting different targets 17k still acheved right there dispite all the excess flying about and high resistance, in the discription there is a downloadable link to the combatlog.log if you wanna check my damage out on your own parser.

oh and ferdszo your trolling was funny in the first post now your just looking a bit stupid/pathetic.

• ozujskoozujsko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    who ever say it s not possible itis troll,in pug group i hit 13 to 16k dps...in premade even more...when you can guard 3 sides in CSE where ships dont even come close to kang or shootdawn 3 raptors and 2 spawned bops in like 2 or 3 sec and still get middle to help kill cube and spawns you can say whatever you want....untill then burry your head in sand and dont troll hard work of this awsome players...peace
  • johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well I do 7-10k dps depending on the pugs and the char/ship im using. With a good group it gets towards 12k with my tac ofc.
    I dont believe you can get much more than that without a good team.

It may be that you guys are better players but i dokt believe you getting 50% more dmg out of the same stuff im using which is fleet weapons kumari or whatever else is out there. Otherwise i really would like to see it for myself ingame.
  • ozujskoozujsko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It may be that you guys are better players but i dokt believe you getting 50% more dmg out of the same stuff im using which is fleet weapons kumari or whatever else is out there. Otherwise i really would like to see it for myself ingame.

1 word for you my mate: keybindes....
    edited April 2013
    oh and ferdszo your trolling was funny in the first post now your just looking a bit stupid/pathetic.

if it wasnt for me your topic would be dead, so you are welcome. plus I get bored at work