test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Missing mails after patching.

13»

Comments

• blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, the "includes e-mail from other games" bug definitely breaks the "have to delete hundreds of e-mails one at a time to get the e-mail you just sent" minigame.

Can I opt out of that minigame?

Wishing it were possible :mad:

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • dova25dova25 Member Posts: 475
    edited September 2013
    I havent been able to send a email for some time now.I cant post items on exchange any more.
    Deleting mail one by one is not a option ( i have a lot of mail) instead I chose not to use any more the mail system and the exchange untill they get fixed somehow.
    "There already is a Borg faction, its called the Federation. They assimilate everyone else's technology and remove any biological or technical distinctiveness and add it to their own."
    I refuse to be content https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwI0u9L4R8U
  • imnakimnak Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Personally before I had some stuff floating in the mail that was very expensive. I guess according to their changed mail limit, when I came back after a break now I have no real way to resolve it. Full mail box or not, they should make it where at least we can get the items out of the mail, delete the mail and move toward their limit as the notes states. I find it very unfair that they expect us to just keep deleting, without being able to see what we are losing and in some cases, mail not deleting at all.
    I submitted a report, only to be told it falls under a bug report, so i did that and have got nothing. If you want to enforce a limit for some reason, at least give us a way to unload our mail system, come on!!
  • fcsp1910fcsp1910 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    3 weeks gone...c'mon PWE!!!

Could you please shift the next content update for a week and get this mail stuff sorted??

Thx in advance
    edited September 2013
    imnak wrote: »
    Personally before I had some stuff floating in the mail that was very expensive. I guess according to their changed mail limit, when I came back after a break now I have no real way to resolve it. Full mail box or not, they should make it where at least we can get the items out of the mail, delete the mail and move toward their limit as the notes states. I find it very unfair that they expect us to just keep deleting, without being able to see what we are losing and in some cases, mail not deleting at all.
    I submitted a report, only to be told it falls under a bug report, so i did that and have got nothing. If you want to enforce a limit for some reason, at least give us a way to unload our mail system, come on!!

Since you're back after quite a while, you may not remember this - you have to be at a mail console in order to see and retrieve your items from your mail.

So if you are at a mail console, you should be able to take the item out of the mail, delete the mail and move toward the view limit. The more you delete, the more queues in, until you've dealt with all the mail that is over the 300 view limit.

Note that if you have mails that say "your item is being returned to you" from the exchange but you don't see the item attached, that is a different thing - there is also a limit on how many items you can have attached to mails. So if you're over THAT limit (I think it's either 20 or 25 mail attachment slots), you won't see the attached items from unsold exchange posts until you take enough items out of the mail to reach that point.

To make it more annoying, they send 2 mails from the exchange - 1 with the item attached and 1 without the item attached. So you may be viewing the notice, but be over the attachment slot limit and unable to see the items.

I know - it's confusing. And annoying. And utterly ridiculous. But there have been no posts even hinting at changing it, so don't expect any changes. <shrug>

"Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • yiweitechyiweitech Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Since you're back after quite a while, you may not remember this - you have to be at a mail console in order to see and retrieve your items from your mail.

So if you are at a mail console, you should be able to take the item out of the mail, delete the mail and move toward the view limit. The more you delete, the more queues in, until you've dealt with all the mail that is over the 300 view limit.

Note that if you have mails that say "your item is being returned to you" from the exchange but you don't see the item attached, that is a different thing - there is also a limit on how many items you can have attached to mails. So if you're over THAT limit (I think it's either 20 or 25 mail attachment slots), you won't see the attached items from unsold exchange posts until you take enough items out of the mail to reach that point.

To make it more annoying, they send 2 mails from the exchange - 1 with the item attached and 1 without the item attached. So you may be viewing the notice, but be over the attachment slot limit and unable to see the items.

I know - it's confusing. And annoying. And utterly ridiculous. But there have been no posts even hinting at changing it, so don't expect any changes. <shrug>

Being at the mail console doesn't help at all, same as always, it's still confusing as hell and I really hope they fix this
    Exia@yiweitech
    U.S.S. Omega
    Assimilation is Futile

Nimoy's Task Force
  • romeowhiskey4romeowhiskey4 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Still unable to delete mails and they are piling up now. Earliest dates from 2012. Still no mention or word from Cryptic even acknowledging this issue...

Why must we be treated with UTTER contempt? Getting downright rude now! :mad:

I'm sure if something that prevented you from getting our money you would jump on it like a shot!
  • andrestartrekandrestartrek Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It is time for a real good bump.

I am sick of the ignorant that Cryptic is playing here, I am trying to sell out my stuff from my mail. But if I can't access it how should I get my mail out of there. It is too much to get it all of it out, I don't have the space, even with 19 chars.

I can't receive any normal mail, I can't receive any fleet mail. This whole mail issue, is beyond a simple bug, it is a unworkable situation. A lot of my fleet members don't receive any of my fleet mails. This is a real bad situation when I can't communicate with my fleet members, and it is real bad that I can't receive any mail from my fleet members.

So why F*&@#^* is this not fix, why don't we get any responds and why are we treated as dumb sheep's

After more than a month with this problem we deserve a real good explanation why this is not addressed and that you guys playing ignorant on this. This problem is not gone disappear by itself.
  • yiweitechyiweitech Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    SOLUTION

After hours of messing with the mail system and creating new toons, I have finally figured it out...

This may take a few hours depending on how much mail you have but the solution is to delete every single exchange mail from your mail. This is is really long and frustrating and some won't delete but here's the thing.

You can drag the mail window around and match it so that the "Delete" button is right under the "Okay" button on the confirm delete window, then order the mail by subject, select the exchange item sold mail at the VERY bottom, then click away*! (The easier solution is to just write a script that clicks 10 times/second but be careful where you point that thing...)

The item expired mail does delete, it just doesn't refresh. You must delete one, move up to the next one, delete, repeat. It doesn't look like it deleted but if you close and open the mail window you'll see that they've been deleted.

As I understand it, the 40 item attachment limit is character-limited. Meaning 40 items for each of your characters. So you must retrieve all your attachments before being able to receive new attachments. It also doesn't look like all lost attachments come back after you delete...

The most important thnig is to keep deleting every mail that comes in. Or else the same thing will happen again...

I hope this helps, and have fun getting repetitive stress disorder.

*I do not take any responsible for broken mice, broken fingers, amputated arms, smashed computers, or thermonuclear war.
    Exia@yiweitech
    U.S.S. Omega
    Assimilation is Futile

Nimoy's Task Force
  • xgorillapxxgorillapx Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm missing a ton of mail and now can't receive new mail on ANY of my characters. I've sent them to others and they receive them, but I can't receive anything. This is a serious problem.
  • earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If they want us to delete our own e-mails - they need a better system - I'm not going to sit and spend time deleting hundreds of e-mails one by one to gain access to my current mails.

Well, then maybe you should have kept your mailbox better organized. After all, the Galactic Post Service has been working hard, and not even for tips, they do it for free!:D

On another note though, seriously, you complain about it showing only the earliest mails, but if the system were re-done to only show the latest, then someone else would be like WTF? Whenever you have any kind limit to how much mail is accessable at any given time, at least 1 person isn't going to be happy with how the system has been chosen to display it.
    Now personally, what would make a happy medium, is either a function to pull mails out of the game, into a text document (easily), thus enabling people to keep those mails that they do want, while not clogging up system resources. Another possibility, like a lot of mail programs offer, have an "Archived Mails" folder, again, this could work where it dumps any messages you select to go into that folder, onto your hard drive, thus taking that load off the server(s)

Anyway, that's my take on things, and I hope my first comment does elicit some chuckles, it was meant tio be slightly humorous, at least.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
  • romeowhiskey4romeowhiskey4 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    For months now I haven't been able to receive any mails. Bit crippling when trying to run a fleet! I thought I was getting somewhere with customer support, honestly felt truly hopeful, wasn't standard message, was asking me numerous questions. I really thought 'Thank God... a REAL human being is taking note of what I am saying!'
    But then they just copied and pasted the exact same email they sent me 4 days ago... real kicker is that if the person just scrolled down the page they could have copied and pasted it from there back to the top...actually that's probably what they did. Getting REALLY pissed off now... Ruining game, money spent yadda yadda yadda... usual bemoaning going on.
    edited September 2013
    yiweitech wrote: »

The item expired mail does delete, it just doesn't refresh. You must delete one, move up to the next one, delete, repeat. It doesn't look like it deleted but if you close and open the mail window you'll see that they've been deleted.

true
    As I understand it, the 40 item attachment limit is character-limited. Meaning 40 items for each of your characters. So you must retrieve all your attachments before being able to receive new attachments.

The 40 item limit per character is only for posting to the exchange - if you have 40 returned items in your mailbox for the same character, you will not be able to post any more on the exchange on that character.

It also doesn't look like all lost attachments come back after you delete...

The MAIL item limit is 20 slots per ACCOUNT - the equivalent of 4 emails with all attachment slots full (stacks of items count as "1" attachment). If you had the aforementioned 40 returned items, you would only see 20 of them and would have to retrieve/delete the first 20 in order to have the next 20 queue in behind them. They do come back.

There is also a 300 MESSAGE VIEW limit. The exchange will also send you two messages that an item expired, one with the item attached and one without. Presumably, you will see the "without" one if you're over your 20 slot maximum and therefore can't see the "with" one. Item sold and item expired are not supposed to count towards the view limits, but they do.
    The most important thnig is to keep deleting every mail that comes in. Or else the same thing will happen again...

Well, this is true - but unfortunately your solution only works if the only mail and items that are in your mailbox are exchange-related.

Sorting by subject only works for the oldest messages, it will not re-sort to let you see anything other than the oldest 300 messages. And if you're one of the lucky ones, like me, who lost all their mail and only got the items back with the subject line "Lost items are being returned..." with the same date, your solution is not an option.

― Sereda Aleta Dailey