What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hive Onslaught

Comments

• Options
    yaisuke15yaisuke15 Member Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Did it on Normal twice and only died maybe five times the first time around and twice the second time around.

The first time around was due to not knowing about the lances and being spammed by it four times. (I died once to the Borg Queen's ship after only one other person was left. Usually kept going after than.)

The second time around I was killed two by the lance and never by the borg queen ship.

I'd say that's okay, because I can't get anyone else into the queues to play the elite one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Look at me I'm a target!"
    "Fire the Lance on my mark... MARK!
    "How many times have we gone into the breach again R'shee?"
    My proposal for a Galaxy bundle
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The lances are being fixed in the next patch.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    yaisuke15yaisuke15 Member Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    The lances are being fixed in the next patch.

That they were. Now you can no longer just fly in between the big Borg ships, you are permenantly stuck to sticking 5km near the Borg Queen. And now, if you get killed, to get back under the guns, you have about five seconds to get back there at full impulse, assuming that the probes, regeneration probes and tractor probes don't grab you and hold you down to be lanced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Look at me I'm a target!"
    "Fire the Lance on my mark... MARK!
    "How many times have we gone into the breach again R'shee?"
    My proposal for a Galaxy bundle
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    yaisuke15 wrote: »
    That they were. Now you can no longer just fly in between the big Borg ships, you are permenantly stuck to sticking 5km near the Borg Queen. And now, if you get killed, to get back under the guns, you have about five seconds to get back there at full impulse, assuming that the probes, regeneration probes and tractor probes don't grab you and hold you down to be lanced.

Watch the ships for the green glow, wait til it dissipates and then fly in, they take about 15-20 seconds to cycle up. They wont shoot you if youre 20k out, and youve got bigger issues if you cant get to the queen in 15-20 seconds.

Also, carry attack pattern omega for the tractor probes.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    We are the borg.. all your base are belong to us.. or are the borg just the Q TRIBBLE with us 1hk 1hk 1hk 1hk 1hk 1hk 1hk 1hk 1hk 1hk 1hk 1hk 1hk 1hk 1hk cough 1hk 1hk 1hk 1hk
  • Options
    porchsongporchsong Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    HSE ownage:

http://www.twitch.tv/ryansto/c/2888357

3:02 minutes with all optionals. . . . It really is not that hard.
  • Options
    intrepid74656intrepid74656 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    porchsong wrote: »
    HSE ownage:

What da fuuk was that?! What was the rest of the team made up of, also dual A2B's beam boats?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    HSE ownage:

Way to miss the point.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Way to miss my point: Kill things faster rather than cry about the vessels lancing you. So many whiners, so little problem solvers. . . . .
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Kill things faster rather than cry about the vessels lancing you.

Proof that you missed the point.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    jimmyjjohn0jimmyjjohn0 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You & me were in that Same Normal Hive Onslaught. I did a Elite Onslaught last night that every1 after 1hr & half on the 2 Gun Ships finally decided to bail on. Those Invisi Cannons that can hit u from 20k out is just plan dumb if u ask me. Doesn't matter how much hull or Shields u got. that new Invisi Cannon the Devs have added to Hive Onslaught will kill u. I do feel that Hive Onslaught was hard enough b4 these new additions to it. now it's become Ridiculously hard on bot Normal & Elite. What the heck is PWE thinking changing an hard STF to damn near impossible. I mean come on not smart.

tnx
    NCERT Maths Solutions
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Proof that you missed the point.

Proof you have no clue how the game works. If you kill the Vessels quickly, they never have the opportunity to charge up the lance, thus insta kill you. The game is what it is, either whine on the forums or adapt and learn how to overcome.
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited September 2013
    skollulfr wrote: »
    assinine.
    game needs a mechanical overhaul. the clear disparity between equally expensive items and extreme disparity between powers that are simply usefull, or useless is proof of that.

exploiting cheese to take advantage of that disparity isnt skill or adaptability.
    its use of a calculator.

In other words spending hundreds of dollars to beat broken content is just plain non sensical. By the devs own definition it is broken ... Behavior of npc is contrary to specs.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    djdamcdjdamc Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    macronius wrote: »
    In other words spending hundreds of dollars to beat broken content is just plain non sensical. By the devs own definition it is broken ... Behavior of npc is contrary to specs.

If you fail HSE it's not the game's fault. It's not broken it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. If you can't beat it, adapt or stop discussing and playing it.

If you guys don't like killing stuff before it kills you, here's a video of me in a HSE PuG. Part 1 Part2 (By no means is my build or playstyle the most optimal but it works so it's fine for me). Enjoy.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Have you even watched the video i posted? If you don't die from Torp Spreads and stay near the queen you will not get lanced.
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited September 2013
    sometimes the under the guns works

sometimes it does not

cryptic

1 shot kills arnt fun for players

Just so you know...........just saying......So you know I mean.........
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    How many times do I have to state the obvious? Under The Guns prevents you from being targeted by lances. If they've targeted you when you were outside its range you will die. The solution is simple: don't go outside its range.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Please read my previous post again. I will even write it again for you:
    'UNDER THE GUNS' buff prevents you from being targeted by lances. If you don't have it you're in the danger zone. The tricks to beating HSE are:
    -destroy unimatrices before they start firing lances (~45s)
    -stay alive within the buff's range
    -zerg till you run out of components(least preferable)

If you refuse the above solutions to "the Hive Onslaught Elite problem", you're the "cryptic halp, me kannot finish mission by mashing my spacebar with my forehead, halp plx" type of person (I'll prolly get a warn/ban on the forums for saying that...).
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    You've been presented with 2 videos showing 2 different approaches to HSE and you still claim they don't work. How do you explain that in that speedrun the've managed to get all optionals? How do you explain that I managed to stay alive in my video? Magic? Cheating? Santa? Vodoo? What's the next thing you're going to say? "It's a faaaaaaaaaaaaaaake"? And now you accuse me of trolling... I'm absolutely serious. I know how to beat HSE. I've told you how to do it, yet you still claim it's broken. If you can't comprehend that you should stay away from HSE. It's not there to be farmed, it's for people who enjoy a challenge and you obviously want all content to be dumbed down to mashing spacebar with your forehead.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I can even record a new one if you insist on it being broken despite the recent nerfs...
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Video is meaningless - all that it proves is that you played HOSE BEFORE the bugs.

Videos are meaningless?!?!?!? -- did you see the date stamp from the speed run when you watched it? It was from 5 days ago. Should we do another video and scream out the date while we smash HSE in 3 or so minutes again?

You know, you ignore peoples advice and continue to cry in the forums, sad really. Learn how to overcome the shortcomings of this game. Clearly in our speed run, we popped the vessels before they could do anything. Furthermore, we did it with our highest dps'r dead. . . So 3 recluses and 1 scimi wiped the vessel out almost immediately.

HSE is really not a challenge. If you do not employ solid, well thought out tactics, you will probably fail it and continue to cry in the forums. If you continue to ignore people's advice, you will fail. If you claim vids proving our points are fake or old, well, then. . . . you are hopeless.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Videos are meaningless?!?!?!? -- did you see the date stamp from the speed run when you watched it? It was from 5 days ago. Should we do another video and scream out the date while we smash HSE in 3 or so minutes again?

You know, you ignore peoples advice and continue to cry in the forums, sad really. Learn how to overcome the shortcomings of this game. Clearly in our speed run, we popped the vessels before they could do anything. Furthermore, we did it with our highest dps'r dead. . . So 3 recluses and 1 scimi wiped the vessel out almost immediately.

HSE is really not a challenge. If you do not employ solid, well thought out tactics, you will probably fail it and continue to cry in the forums. If you continue to ignore people's advice, you will fail. If you claim vids proving our points are fake or old, well, then. . . . you are hopeless.

Thanks, it's good to know that at least 1 more person on this planet doesn't think HSE is broken.
  • Options
    bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited September 2013
    Only thing broken about HSE is it is a bit harder and the rewards are the same as the easier other 3 STFs. Up the rewards so people have an incentive to get off their backsides and make a better build and soon people will complain it's too easy.

HSE is harder than the other STFs but if you're good enough to zombie the others in less than 5 mins with full optionals you should be able to zombie HSE.

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    But I know that you'll continue to ignore these facts in favour of e-peen waving, so I'll leave it there.

What facts? All you've shown us here is that you and a bunch of other guys have no clue how to do HSE. And I've done HSE with a PuG today, and as usually I didn't die even once and random guys where getting instavaped by Torp Spreads most of the time. Does that mean that HSE is broken? Not at all. And you can call me whatever you want. The fact is I can do HSE w/o a problem and you need to cry on forums because it's to hard for you. L2P or avoid HSE. Can't be simpler than that.
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just after the HSE fix was launched, we did a pug with fleetmates (4 fleet, 1 stranger). Yeah, we got killed, but we finished it in one go.

I call that as being fixed.