test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Let's take the time to say something nice to and about Cryptic and PWE.

2»

Comments

• Options
    seerisowseerisow Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    hmm I got multiple things to say here.

despite the few untouched graphical errors I would have to say what I enjoy most about any of the cryptic/pwe games I have played is the level of detail they have put into each game. the level of the artwork alone keeps me coming back to S.T.O at least 2-4 times a week just to get my fill of it.
  • Options
    tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I say to them, "Something nice would be nice."
  • Options
    hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    STO hasn't made my computer burst into flames yet. Bravo.
  • Options
    philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited September 2013
    hravik wrote: »

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like ... victory."

(I originally had "nitroglycerin"; oops.)
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Good Tea.........Nice house.... :D
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    acrosscat wrote: »
    Thanks for maintaining this game and keeping it fresh with new content. I certainly hope this means breaking the viscious cycle of 'no new content for klanks, because not enough people play klanks, because not enough content for klanks because...'
    They did that in LoR. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    krrjakrrja Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I for one have greatly enjoyed the Romulan story arc. That being said, any help in acquiring an agonizer booth to replace Tovan's sonic shower would be appreciated...
  • Options
    quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    for the most part i enjoy the game , but its hard to be positive when they do things like take away payed for uniforms with no real explanation or attempt to return assets used that = game time for purchase . my rom capt is very annoyed
    and lets not forget the console art change .

these things alone make it hard to be positive towards cryptic right now .

lets say this , IM STILL HERE .
  • Options
    hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    hravik wrote: »

It also has not killed our boot.ini unlike some OTHER game that shall remain nameless...
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i have sang cryptic`s praises and gave my thanks many times in the past but i will do it here again gladly i have enjoyed the game so much i even took the step up to lifetime subscription and as my wife will tell you i do not part with my money easily, well done cryptic for an awsome game keep up the good work and many thanks.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Cryptic Studios' STO team is a fairly small group of people who do the best they can with the time and budget they're given. A lot of them seem to genuinely enjoy the game they've made and play it in their free time. They interact with us weirdos more than they have to. I love them all.

I don't really have anything good to say about PWE. Their customer service is worthless and their GMs are incapable of doing anything more than sending form-letter responses to player problems and changing bad names to BadName. Their purchase of Cryptic did save the game, though, I'll give them that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    While browsing the forums from day to day I have come to notice that there are rarely any threads like this, if any at all. So to escape from the world of complaints, sarcasm, rants, and raves. Lets take the time to show our respect to those who have created this game we all love so much.

I'd like to say THANK YOU to both Cryptic and PWE (and the outsourced company used to create the Mac build of the game) for supplying us with the ONLY, TRUE Star Trek MMO in existence, as a kid playing around on Windows 95 and watching TNG I always thought about how cool it would be do be apart of the storyline, now with games the way they are anything you can imagine is possible. You have made Star Trek gamers very happy happy happy.

Keep up the good work, and again, Thank You

I have to admit. As not crazy I am about groundplay, I'm obsessed with spaceplay. Very little room for improvement in space. 20 000 more hp to everyone for longer pvp? i dunno. I should stop playing so much. I play everyday.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    A revamped FED storyline would be epic.

More involving would be nice
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'll try.

/10chars
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    gurugeorgegurugeorge Member Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've already done my wee "praise Cryptic" thread, but I don't mind adding to this one.

I've tried STO a few times, but never really got into it. This time, I'm REALLY into it. And curiously, that's coming off the back of GW2 and TSW, which are also fantastic MMOs, and more modern. I never thought I could go back to an "older" style of DIKU MMO after GW2's and TSW's innovations, but I have to admit that STO has hooked me. Whether it's the new DX11 mode, the revamped and much clearer UI, or the Romulan/Klingon stories, the sheer abundance of missions, etc., or the fact that I'm seeing story characters in some stories crossing over to other stories I've done (which is as it should be, being a semi-coherent lore universe), I don't know.

I tried NWN and while I appreciated its quality, I couldn't get into it. Maybe it's that I'm finally sick to death of fantasy MMOs, and good as NWN and GW2 are, in their different ways, I actually really prefer s-f. TSW has that modern setting going for it, and it has superb immersion, but it's far more flakey and buggy than STO, and it's too damn short.

STO is huge, has tons to do, plays really smoothly (once I get the damn thing going past the launcher :) ) has a great community, and it's s-f. Maybe that's it.

Or maybe it's just that there are only two "big" s-f space MMOs now, this and EVE, and EVE, while also fantastic in a different way, requires too much commitment, which I can't give. But also it lacks ground combat, which STO now does really well.

All I know is that STO is now a great game to play, and I'm enjoying the heck out of it! :)
  • Options
    duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    gurugeorge wrote: »
    I've already done my wee "praise Cryptic" thread, but I don't mind adding to this one.

I've tried STO a few times, but never really got into it. This time, I'm REALLY into it. And curiously, that's coming off the back of GW2 and TSW, which are also fantastic MMOs, and more modern. I never thought I could go back to an "older" style of DIKU MMO after GW2's and TSW's innovations, but I have to admit that STO has hooked me. Whether it's the new DX11 mode, the revamped and much clearer UI, or the Romulan/Klingon stories, the sheer abundance of missions, etc., or the fact that I'm seeing story characters in some stories crossing over to other stories I've done (which is as it should be, being a semi-coherent lore universe), I don't know.

I tried NWN and while I appreciated its quality, I couldn't get into it. Maybe it's that I'm finally sick to death of fantasy MMOs, and good as NWN and GW2 are, in their different ways, I actually really prefer s-f. TSW has that modern setting going for it, and it has superb immersion, but it's far more flakey and buggy than STO, and it's too damn short.

STO is huge, has tons to do, plays really smoothly (once I get the damn thing going past the launcher :) ) has a great community, and it's s-f. Maybe that's it.

Or maybe it's just that there are only two "big" s-f space MMOs now, this and EVE, and EVE, while also fantastic in a different way, requires too much commitment, which I can't give. But also it lacks ground combat, which STO now does really well.

All I know is that STO is now a great game to play, and I'm enjoying the heck out of it! :)
    waiting for anarchy online to get the new engine :) you should check that out

meanwhile - Cryptic, thanks or adding Romulans although i could kick you for hours for the way you did it.

ps - PVP, exploration, crafting next while entertaining us with playable Suliban, new costuemes and some sci ships..
  • Options
    ferthannaferthanna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for my Risian Corvette!! I love it!
    What goes around comes around.

Satcher@ferthanna
    R'awlins@ferthanna
    T'flup@ferthanna
  • Options
    cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    duaths1 wrote: »
    waiting for anarchy online to get the new engine :) you should check that out.

isn't that the wildly outdated game I remember from years and years ago? :P I kid....(was it early 2000's that I started that game ? ...like 2001/2 or something. was fun, but now pretty antiquated IMO.

the engine update doesn't look much different to me, ... just more shadowy...

....but a classic game in it's own right, good memories.... I spent a few years playing myself I do admit.
    edited September 2013
    I have enjoyed and still do enjoy all aspects of Star Trek Online, Champions Online and Neverwinter Online.

I think Cryptic have done a good job with these games and I'm glad PWE came along and saved them from Atari.

Could things be better? Well, yes, things can ALWAYS be better - but they could be a lot worse to.... and personally, I am big fan of the expression "Better the Devil you know...."

So, Cryptic, PWE, I say thank you

(NB: My wife, not so keen on the games... I tend to skip jobs around the house for in game events, which annoys her LOL ).
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The Romulan story line is great.

I think the new KDF story line is actually a little better.

Love them both! I look forward to continued excellent story missions in the future!

Thanks for Nimbus, probably the best Adventure Zone in the game, as far as I'm considered. Love the look of the world. Love the story missions. Love the dailies, the accolades, the rewards, the variety of enemies... Just pretty much everything about Nimbus rocks.

I really enjoyed the Summer Event at Risa. Another beautiful world with lots of fun stuff to do. Great event, love the costumes, ship, birds, accolades, etc. I can't wait for it's return next year, or even the Winter Event this upcoming Dec.

Thanks for the recent freebie C-Store stuff. I got a couple cool things from that.

I enjoy playing Star Trek Online almost every day. Thanks for taking my money and giving me a gaming addiction in return.

:D

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ok hrm uhm welll they...no

but they do .....no

ok well they uh...no not that either

Uhm let me think about this a second :confused:

I KNOW!!!! they smell better then a klingon :P

I am enjoying LoR cryptic yes its bug filled and it drives me crazy but its a great exansion and very detailed i hope you do the same for the cardassians in the future.

But very nice work with LoR
  • Options
    idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    BranFlakes
    signwidrona.png
  • Options
    topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I will not thank PWE for anything, sorry.

Having not spent so much time in STO recently, but in other MMO and game development circles - if I could change any one thing about this game it would be the publisher.

Eastern Asian MMO developers and publishers are by far the worst for ripping off their playerbases and turning everything into a cash-cow. Yes I'm glad we have an MMO with the Star Trek IP, but I can't think how much better it would be if Cryptic were run by a nicer company, which is a shame.

So, thank you Cryptic. Thank you for everything you've done for us over the past few years, I appreciate it.

PWE? Not so much. You saved the game from bankruptcy, but that's the only good thing I have to say about you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I really like their... manes?
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Thanks for using Unicode in Foundry text and allowing copy and paste. It lets me do something with NPCs that I really enjoy: Giving humans accurate non-English names, such as the Slovak lady I made ambassador to the Breen, Alzbeta Nedvedova. Now if only they'd do that with the forum, so I could put the diacritics in there.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Despite a rough couple of years, I'm mightily impressed with how they turned this game around and found the time to make another MMO. And despite some long term bugs in all their games, I do recognize that if there's a problem they can fix quickly, they do so.

Now if they can move Champions Online out of permanent mantinence mode, I'd say they're the kings of the F2P world.
    <3
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    starswordc wrote: »
    Thanks for using Unicode in Foundry text and allowing copy and paste. It lets me do something with NPCs that I really enjoy: Giving humans accurate non-English names, such as the Slovak lady I made ambassador to the Breen, Alzbeta Nedvedova. Now if only they'd do that with the forum, so I could put the diacritics in there.
    You'd be surprised at how many Hungarian, etc people play. :D

I have to say that I greatly enjoyed playing the new CC yesterday. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg