test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Has PWE given up on adding more federation ships from the shows?

Comments

• Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Sorry, but if anyone needs more ships its the KDF, and not the Feds.

It is not so much, that Feds need more ships, but Trekkis who like to see a complete ship class catalogue.
    I think KDF has achieved that already.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    timelord79 wrote: »
    It is not so much, that Feds need more ships, but Trekkis who like to see a complete ship class catalogue.
    I think KDF has achieved that already.

Nearly all canon Klingon ships are in the game but still some are missing and I would love to see them getting added.
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    bridgern wrote: »
    Nearly all canon Klingon ships are in the game but still some are missing and I would love to see them getting added.

I am not aware of any, but if there are, I can get behind that. With a few exceptions Icm Not a fan if Cryptic designs.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Well they are from Enterprise but they have great designs that would fit realy well into STO

"Augment" ship

Battlecruiser type

D5

you can find pictures here
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    dknight0001dknight0001 Member Posts: 1,542
    edited September 2013
    PS: CBS said only NO! to a TOS T5 Constitution class.

CBS said "No" to a T5 Connie. We all know this.

And I claimed they said "Yes' to a T5 B'Rel. Again it's in the game we all know this.

The question here is have they said "Yes' to a T5 Miranda? They may not have said "No", but I don't think they said "Yes' either.
    I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001. :confused:
    If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
    When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    More ships... please for the love of all things holy... no more ships for a while (or throw the KDF some love with a couple ships)... but seriously the Feds dont need any more ships for a while...

Content PLEASE, PvP Update, Gateway Update, Foundry Update, Exploration zones, pick one.. pick them all... but for the love of god... NO MORE SHIPS... why do we need new ships to fly around the same old tired content.

+1.

Really, what do people do with all of the ships we already have in game? :confused: What we need is more places to use them.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited September 2013
    The Fed does not need new ships

The klingons need new ships,........K'Vort

The Fed needs older ships which are out of date and WEAK given the buffs needed to make them compete on equal footing with the klingons and romulans

A few klingon ships also need updates to make them competitive

more new alien ships will be lock box failures like the last 4 lock box ships have been and cryptic knows what failures they have been

anyone who watch's the sales of the lockbox ships also know how poor these ships have done as well

Star trek fans want there classic canon ships treated with the respect they deserve and put on a equal footing with the Alien ships...and we wont mind paying for it either

I guess cryptic has to bring out a few more alien ship failures before they believe this as well

If its alien and not as good as the wells/Mobius/JHDN/JHHC guess what.....Its not going to sell well cryptic because all of the people who power game already have these ships except a small few

If the Fan ships are put in this class they will Sell and sell big...perhaps thats the problem ?

The less than sterling cash flow from the last 4 ships is most likely why the JHAS is now for sale again lol

out fleet has about 75 active members who play several days a week is what i base my statements on i figure most other fleets are about the same,75% of our active members are star trek fans and the rest min/maxers thats more true on our KDF fleet its almost all Fans
    most of our Romulan players are power gamers with only a few fan members.Hmmm guess why ? lol

anyway cryptic thats my take on it do what you will but i will leave you with this

make a Galaxy equal in firepower to the JHDN and it will outsell it by a large margin
    make intrepod equal to the Wells and it will outsell the Wells

Make a Vorcha and a Neg'Var and a K'Vort along th Same lines

put these ships in lockboxes just like the alien trash your selling and these iconic ships will OUT SELL them if there competitive
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    jellico1 wrote: »
    The Fed does not need new ships

The klingons need new ships,........K'Vort

Be nice if they made the K'Vort Class cruiser with an enhanced battle cloak. Give the KDF back some mojo in that area considering the Romulans seems to have robbed them of that with all their battle cloak ships. Or even perhaps as a destroyer similar to the Mogai. Either way K'Vort would be cool and needs to be added since it is canon.

As for the fedside I would love to see the New Orleans, hopefully as a destroyer or light cruiser.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Whilst you are right, and I really DON'T disagree, it does however seem to me that no matter what new content is added, it's always the STF's (particularly ISE) that are the busiest, with the newer content receiving far less attention. It's very rare for it to take more than a minute to be dropped into a new instance of ISE, whereas with other content it's not usual to have to wait a few mintues before sufficent players queue.

So, frankly, in the context of the thread, evidence suggests that new ships simply = something new to take into STF's. Or if you prefer, new content to use in old content.

Actually new STFs, better quality level and more of them was what I had in mind, not the FE missions in particular. Because we've done the current STFs to the death and then some.
    Maybe it's just me, but I usually pick a ship I love and stick with it for a loooong time. Would be nice if I could take that ship in a new environment once in a while. :o
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Well this only counts for me, but I have every ship in STO and I like them all and I would switch from one ship to another far more often when it wouldn't mean to recreate my power bar all the time.

PS to jellico1:

Those Lock Box ships don't sell bad otherwise there wouldn't be so much messages that someone got the ship everytime a new Lock Box is released. I actual think they make a fortune alone in the first two days.

A reason those ship don't sell that well on the Exchange is that still 80Mil and more is a lot in this game and do you really want to use it on a new ship, or do you rather invest it in some MK-XII purple gear.
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yeah the last ship I heard the developers were genuinely interested in including was the constellation class. It's a terrible shame about the Springfield and new Orleans classes.
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Sorry, but if anyone needs more ships its the KDF, and not the Feds.

I must agree with you.

But the thing FED and KDF need the most is a rework of their ships.
    Especially the (Fleet) Heavy Cruiser Retrofit, which has a much too similar BOFF layout as the Assault Cruiser, Star Cruiser and Galaxy -R. (forgive me if i have forgotten anything)
    To be honest i don't know much about KDF ships but i can imagine that some of their ships suffer from the same problem.
    These ships need a serious rework to make them more unique or at least more versatile.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    CBS said "No" to a T5 Connie. We all know this.

And I claimed they said "Yes' to a T5 B'Rel. Again it's in the game we all know this.

The question here is have they said "Yes' to a T5 Miranda? They may not have said "No", but I don't think they said "Yes' either.

A common mistake of the proliferation of non-canon sources that contradict with hard canon.
    The B'rel was actually only seen once on screen in TNG, and was a vastly larger ship than the Constitution, and a couple of them even posed a threat to a Galaxy Class starship.
  • Options
    capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I don't think it matters who needs what; the issue is that there are still canon ships, that some of us would like to fly, that are not in the game. They didn't even make it in as non-playable NPC ships.

We got the Centaur and Cheyenne, so where are the others? The ship line up just doesn't feel complete without them.

Personally, I'm particularly interested in the Freedom, Challenger, and Niagara classes; because they would introduce new unique and distinctive ship configurations.
  • Options
    hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Well they are from Enterprise but they have great designs that would fit realy well into STO

"Augment" ship

Battlecruiser type

D5

you can find pictures here

The Battlecruiser type is in the game already

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Koro%27t%27inga_Battle_Cruiser
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What ships need to be added? The kitbashes only get uglier from here on.
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The only Federation ships I'm interested in are the Merian and Allegiance-classes. The others are just kitbashes that wouldn't look good in STO.

I want more Romulan and KDF ships instead.

Yes, yes . . . I would like to see Allegiance class as well.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yes, yes . . . I would like to see Allegiance class as well.
    The license for the Merian was being negotiated at the same time as the Vesta - as Mark is the creator of both - but I have no idea whether the license was completed. I don't believe you'll ever see the Allegiance, though.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I haven't played in probably 9 months but I patched up and logged in yesterday only to find that PWE hasn't added any new canon federation ships. Has PWE given up on adding ships like:

Niagara
    New Orleans
    Freedom
    Challenger
    Springfield
    Constellation
    Curry
    Soyuz
    ect...
    The Constellation is really the only ship on that list that has any screen time; and I'd have to wonder if they don't just consider the Stargazer Class in the game a 25th century version of the Constellation - especially since it's named after what is probably the only famous Constellation in canon.

The rest are just glimpsed kit-bashes. At best I'd rather see Cryptic making a few more original ships at this point.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    The Constellation is really the only ship on that list that has any screen time; and I'd have to wonder if they don't just consider the Stargazer Class in the game a 25th century version of the Constellation - especially since it's named after what is probably the only famous Constellation in canon.

The rest are just glimpsed kit-bashes. At best I'd rather see Cryptic making a few more original ships at this point.

Agreed, but they should have given the Stargazer Class (Heavy Cruiser Retrofit) a different BOFF layout.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited September 2013

If they made them with the standard 3 variants of the free ships, they could do both at the same time.
  • Options
    akulaeasternakulaeastern Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Cryptic's designs are ugly and even a few minutes is a lot more then any of the Cryptic ships have seen on screen. Also this isn't Cryptic space online its Star Trek Online which means it should use stuff from the shows and extras only when required.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Cryptic's designs are ugly and even a few minutes is a lot more then any of the Cryptic ships have seen on screen. Also this isn't Cryptic space online its Star Trek Online which means it should use stuff from the shows and extras only when required.
    Ugly is subjective, and it's important to understand that. When TNG first started in '87 the BBS was flooded with people saying how ugly the Galaxy was. Compared to the streamline Excelsior and Connie from the TOS movies the Galaxy was fat with an over-sized saucer that made it look like it should fall forward in space. It wasn't universally loved. 26 years later it's considered iconic, and very loved by much of the fan-base.

As far as the game being Cryptic Online, STO's timeline is 30 years past Nemesis. Starfleet would have many new ship designs by 2409. Heck, the Intrepid, Defiant, Prometheus, and Sovereign were only a few years behind the production of the Galaxy. There's no reason to assume Starfleet stopped making ships with those designs.

If CBS made a new series decades past Voyager would you expect those shows to only use the old ships? Of course not! You'd expect to see the new Enterprise ship and all the other advancements in that time. That's what we should be expecting in STO too, rather then 250 year old ships that have no place in this time period.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Sorry OP, but the Feds have received far too much love in their ship lineup.

Take a look at this Playable Ships lineup. The KDF & Romulans need attention.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    mondoidmondoid Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The only thing they have left to add is some kit bashes, some tiny obscure ships that were only shown for less than a second. Personally I want some lower tier Caitian, Vulcan or Andorian ships. NO MORE FLYING SPOONS WITH SUB-PAR STATS!!!
  • Options
    oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ugly is subjective, and it's important to understand that. When TNG first started in '87 the BBS was flooded with people saying how ugly the Galaxy was. Compared to the streamline Excelsior and Connie from the TOS movies the Galaxy was fat with an over-sized saucer that made it look like it should fall forward in space. It wasn't universally loved. 26 years later it's considered iconic, and very loved by much of the fan-base.

As far as the game being Cryptic Online, STO's timeline is 30 years past Nemesis. Starfleet would have many new ship designs by 2409. Heck, the Intrepid, Defiant, Prometheus, and Sovereign were only a few years behind the production of the Galaxy. There's no reason to assume Starfleet stopped making ships with those designs.

If CBS made a new series decades past Voyager would you expect those shows to only use the old ships? Of course not! You'd expect to see the new Enterprise ship and all the other advancements in that time. That's what we should be expecting in STO too, rather then 250 year old ships that have no place in this time period.

It took me along time to like the Galaxy. I thought it was one of the ugliest ships made. Now, I like it. Sleek, powerful, and majestic.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
  • Options
    capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The Galaxy is one of my Favorite ships. That being said I like the Sleeker more stylized look of the Venture, THAT being said the Venture skin on the Gal-X takes it from a funnly looking Kitbash to a sleek ship that looks like it was DESIGNED that way.

But i dont really want new ships, maybe a few made into Fleet status with the standard bonuses, Like the Atrox and the Gal-X.

Let the Klingons have a go for a while, you know maybe they will get a bigger player base, which will mean more money for Cryptic bringing more stuff for the klingons, you know like a capitalist cycle which is how this game runs.
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Yes Klingons need more love with ships but only 10% of the players play KDF from a economic point of view it makes no scenes to make new ships for a faction that not many people play.

I myself have Klingon alts so new ships are welcome but I don't think that we will get them.
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    And thats the thing, From a ship creation point, the company is making ships to make money, so the fact that 10% of the players on kdf side play from an economic stand point.

all im saying is people want.

the ones who open their wallets more usually end up with more.
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]