Options

Scheduled Maintenance (August 29, 2013) [Complete!]

13»

Comments

• Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    I dont mean that, likely there would be two blogs about it, one that would be a preview about it and one the day before release about the stats as its common within C-Store ships.
    I see thanks!
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    embrosil wrote: »
    Umm, what do you mean? My Fed alligned romulan character has an access to every Fed c-store ship I have bought.

My Klingon-allied Romulan character can't use the marauder Cruiser. I keep getting 'This character can not use that ship' when I look it up, and I bought it at the C-store before it became a give-away ship. Which irks me as well.
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • Options
    trekthestarstrekthestars Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I admit I was a little shocked about the removal of fleet uniforms for Romulans, I was planning on buying one today since I can't get the Senate Robe.

Federation players (and I mean Federation players) can wear our "Romulan" Senate Robes but Romulans wearing KDF/Fed uniforms isn't acceptable? The robe has a Romulan badge on it! I would imagine Fed players would be very upset if they lost their hard earned Embassy robes.

On another note, this might mean that Romulans will get their own uniform. *fingers crossed* :D
    Hey all my old posts are gone! :/

• Options
    fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    Nniol tr'Keiniadh doesn't "belong to" the Federation's Starfleet - he's a liaison officer from the Romulan Republic. Requiring him to wear the Starfleet uniform would make as much sense as forcing the Canadian liaison officer I worked with at HQ SAC to wear a USAF uniform. (In fact, doing so would have been a violation of Canadian Armed Forces regulations, and I doubt very much that the Captain would have been at all amenable to such an idea...)
    In STO canon liaison officers wear the uniform of their home military, not that of the military to whom they are temporarily embedded.

You may recall Riker, embedded with the KDF and in a Federation uniform, demanding Picard's surrender.

Just saying... ;)
  • Options
    morpheusssssmorpheusssss Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I never really intended to buy those uniforms for a Romulan character and I don't understand why they are taking them away from Romulan characters. It doesn't really bother but taking them away from people who have already bought them and not allowing them to use them anymore is stupid and unfair.
  • Options
    fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    tyriniusss wrote: »
    Commodities above food in the Replicator. Great news for DOFFers! Thank you :)
    Agreed!

Now if my silly BOffs could just remember their stations...
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mrlizardo wrote: »
    My Klingon-allied Romulan character can't use the marauder Cruiser. I keep getting 'This character can not use that ship' when I look it up, and I bought it at the C-store before it became a give-away ship. Which irks me as well.

Romulans can't use T5 ships from their allies. No matter how or when you unlocked them. ;)

And as for the uniforms, a fleet could simply set up a Romulan Fleet Uniform to use in meetings, no big deal.
  • Options
    coldfusion2012coldfusion2012 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    thanks for the bug fixes keep them coming

and as far as tailor is concerned my opinion is every costume available in there should be available on all faction characters the uniform or any other item in the tailor is purely aesthetic it do not affect game play[ except when a male Klingon run's past you in a little black number "cold shivers up spine"]
    i think the tailor should be redone to reflect this
    not only would this make a lot of people happy it could also boost costume sales as all fed players would have already made NEW content to use and vice versa
    and romulan aligned characters should have full access too the faction they have aligned to restricting them from things that every other federation member has access too would be nothing less than persecution
    IT'S WORSE THAN THAT IT'S A GAME JIM
  • Options
    darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Waiting for the end of server maintance. Waiting for the release of the hangar module in Star Citizen...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jahkejahke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I won't bother re-stating it but I will say, PLEASE read back through the comments in here from folks who are in the armed forces, they are correct... Being "embedded, allied or joined with" a Federation Fleet would NOT compel, or require you to, wear a Federation uniform. Your Romulan characters are not IN the Federation, they are ALLIED with the Federation. There is a distinct difference. Not to mention the loads of examples from Trek that show this... Kira, T'pol and Riker, to name a few, all wore their own military's uniform while on a ship (or space station) from an allied faction. Ok fine, maybe I will re-state it after all, lol...

However, as for this patch. It SHOULD have read something like this:

"The Odyssey and Bortasqu' Fleet Uniforms are no longer wearable by Romulan players. For those Romulans who have already purchased these uniforms, you may now trade them in for the new 'Scimitar Fleet Uniforms' which are available for purchase alongside the Fed and KDF uniforms in their respective Fleet Starbases. Thanks for playing!"

They should not have been taken w/out a suitable replacement given. THAT part is just wrong. It's not fair to those who bought them already, but to argue that your Romulan SHOULD be wearing it... Sorry, no offense, but you're a fool. Being upset cause you wasted your currency on a uniform you cant wear, oh yeah, I'd be mad too, but the mistake here is really in Cryptics handling of this situation, it's not some kind of violation of military policy/etiquette. In fact, it's quite the opposite.
  • Options
    mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    qjunior wrote: »
    Romulans can't use T5 ships from their allies. No matter how or when you unlocked them. ;)

I thought the Marauder was a t4 ship? Ah, heck whaddooiknoe?
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • Options
    gavriil1983gavriil1983 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mrlizardo wrote: »
    I thought the Marauder was a t4 ship? Ah, heck whaddooiknoe?

can't use tier 4 ships for romulans either.
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The Fleet uniforms were never intended to be worn by romulans. All they are doing here is fixing a bug.

Get. Over. It.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    morpheusssssmorpheusssss Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jahke wrote: »
    I won't bother re-stating it but I will say, PLEASE read back through the comments in here from folks who are in the armed forces, they are correct... Being "embedded, allied or joined with" a Federation Fleet would NOT compel, or require you to, wear a Federation uniform. Your Romulan characters are not IN the Federation, they are ALLIED with the Federation. There is a distinct difference. Not to mention the loads of examples from Trek that show this... Kira, T'pol and Riker, to name a few, all wore their own military's uniform while on a ship (or space station) from an allied faction. Ok fine, maybe I will re-state it after all, lol...

However, as for this patch. It SHOULD have read something like this:

"The Odyssey and Bortasqu' Fleet Uniforms are no longer wearable by Romulan players. For those Romulans who have already purchased these uniforms, you may now trade them in for the new 'Scimitar Fleet Uniforms' which are available for purchase alongside the Fed and KDF uniforms in their respective Fleet Starbases. Thanks for playing!"

They should not have been taken w/out a suitable replacement given. THAT part is just wrong. It's not fair to those who bought them already, but to argue that your Romulan SHOULD be wearing it... Sorry, no offense, but you're a fool. Being upset cause you wasted your currency on a uniform you cant wear, oh yeah, I'd be mad too, but the mistake here is really in Cryptics handling of this situation, it's not some kind of violation of military policy/etiquette. In fact, it's quite the opposite.

You have a point, but this isn't the real world its a game and in that case how do you account for all the different various uniforms floating around in the game in one faction alone? Or that there are several hundred fleets with random names? Since they allow the above they should allow them to purchase those uniforms its not affecting the game so what's the big deal?
  • Options
    bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    pupibird wrote: »
    This! It's such a pain! I have already been called a leacher with no chance to explain the STF team, that it just takes me 2 minutes to correct boff & hotbars! :mad:

Some times it are my bo's that are gone, 1 time my bo's where all there but my power-bars were all gone (I use 7 bars, so its a real pain and takes me a while to fix)
    ps: I was lucky , i was on ts3 with the team so i could explain what was going on.
  • Options
    orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You have a point, but this isn't the real world its a game and in that case how do you account for all the different various uniforms floating around in the game in one race alone? Or that there are several hundred fleets with random names? Since they allow the above they should allow them to purchase those uniforms its not affecting the game so what's the big deal?

what is that i hear? the sound of you admiting ur incorrect! your all forgetting this in Deep Spae 9 what uniform did Kira wear!!!!!

it was BAJORAN! not starfleet!!!

she was GIVEN one when she joined starfleet and go the rank of Commander or something like that!

when a KDF officer was on the Enterprise he was wearing a KDF uniform!!!

Every Race if its Stafleet, Romulan, KDF and Cardies have their own uniforms.

it was a mistake, it was a bug. now then every1 has told u the same thing, and its in the show so unfort you are on the loosing side now you can like it or quit. if you quit dont let the door hit your TRIBBLE on your way out. some poor jr officer has to clean it lol
  • Options
    jahkejahke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You have a point, but this isn't the real world its a game and in that case how do you account for all the different various uniforms floating around in the game in one faction alone? Or that there are several hundred fleets with random names? Since they allow the above they should allow them to purchase those uniforms its not affecting the game so what's the big deal?

I wasn't so much trying to MAKE a point as I was answering some of these other folks who are saying "Since my Rom is in a Federation Fleet he should wear a Federation Uniform". That is absolutely untrue. THAT was my point.

You are correct, this IS a game and not the real world. If it was the real world, you would be getting a refund. =]

My comments have nothing to do with all these "100's of other uniforms", and further, those uniforms have nothing to do with this issue. Let's stay focused here...

Please don't get me started on Fleet names, but yet again, that's another issue that has even LESS to do with this. Again, let's stay focused here...

Saying, "If we can do X, we should be able to do Y" is... well, I really don't wanna say, but I hear that from my 6 yr old a lot...and yet again, let's stay focused here..

The argument was brought up that taking these uniforms away from Romulans somehow stopped them from fulfilling their fleet, or military responsibilities. THAT is what I was addressing... Not how many uniforms there already are, not the fact that people can name their fleet any kind of random, idiotic name (that isn't even spelled right half the time), and not any other random thing there is in game that should therefore allow us to do some other random (and completely unrelated) thing.

And lastly... it's NOT a big deal. It's just a game. =]
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    can't use tier 4 ships for romulans either.

That is not true. T1-T4 ally ships are usable by Romulans, just not T5 ships. ;)
  • Options
    gavriil1983gavriil1983 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    qjunior wrote: »
    That is not true. T1-T4 ally ships are usable by Romulans, just not T5 ships. ;)

interesting.
  • Options
    bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Here we go, slow patching again. I hope this isnt going to be the norm.
    In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited August 2013
    Maintenance is now complete! Thanks for your patience. We'll see you back in-game!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.