test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Infected The Conduit Elite STF ?

starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
What is Up with Infected The Conduit Elite STF lately Spheres racing all around the map going in and out of the main Conduit. Also really getting hard to Target them. This started happening since last few Patches. LOL seems the invisible beam I back as well. Anyone else notice this?
Post edited by starmanj on

Comments

• Options
    chris919ukchris919uk Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Been doing that since LOR was released. Spheres spam EPTE, whizz around the map on Borg steroids and get stuck in the gate often. Everything is apparently working as intended. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon, taH pagh, taH be"
  • Options
    legetdumarlegetdumar Member Posts: 263
    edited August 2013
    It seems the Borg spheres assimilited one too many BMX racers, see it even in the Red Alerts too. Last time I did the conduit, the "magical mystery invisi-torps" were an issue, has that expanded to beams as well?
    Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill
  • Options
    darkdog13darkdog13 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Maybe the spheres are just trying to go back though the gate and get home i mean at this point after killing millions of borg ships they have be thinking oh **** here comes captain kickass of the uss pwnmobile i'm outta here.
  • Options
    darkhorse281darkhorse281 Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah their pretty much lottery balls now a days, I rather see them be more aggressive rather than run around like headless chickens, the raptors in CSE do that too it seems like.
  • Options
    topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    chris919uk wrote: »
    Been doing that since LOR was released. Spheres spam EPTE, whizz around the map on Borg steroids and get stuck in the gate often. Everything is apparently working as intended. ;)

Borg adapt, learn to CC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • Options
    chris919ukchris919uk Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    topset wrote: »
    Borg adapt, learn to CC.

I don't believe I said that I actually have a problem with them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon, taH pagh, taH be"
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Borg adapt, learn to CC.

You know, it would really be cool if the Borg AI was at the level it actually could adapt.
  • Options
    vagiusvagius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ISE was getting too boring anyways.

I find it more fun to pop the gens right away, grav well the spheres, then pew pew them before they can reach the transformer. Sometimes I will even pug it to see if I can kill all the spheres before the rest of the team gets the transformer down :D

It's not until the transformer blows that they start shooting back and spamming EptE, so if you can take them out before then, things go much quicker.
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited August 2013
    darkdog13 wrote: »
    Maybe the spheres are just trying to go back though the gate and get home i mean at this point after killing millions of borg ships they have be thinking oh **** here comes captain kickass of the uss pwnmobile i'm outta here.

LMAO. This!

They don't dare go against the lock box heroes or wallet warriors.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    starmanj wrote: »
    What is Up with Infected The Conduit Elite STF lately Spheres racing all around the map going in and out of the main Conduit. Also really getting hard to Target them. This started happening since last few Patches. LOL seems the invisible beam I back as well. Anyone else notice this?

Yeah, the spheres have ADD and go zooming off to nowhere. Really annoying. You can miss the bonus timer just due to having to run them down.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Borg adapt, learn to CC.

Dude, I toss GW3 on them and they act like it ain't there.
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've told Morn about that nebula that has it's molecules exactly the same as 12 yer old scotch, found back in the 90's. Look it up.

Sooo.......I also hid a beacon on him, so yeah, soon the Borg spheres will just be siting around, falling over now and then.

Nah, not really, Morn is awesome, I just sent the Borg the head honcho of PW. Same effect. =3

Great, now we are going to have to deal with chatty borg as well. Thanks a lot!
  • Options
    metaphorgrandemetaphorgrande Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It does seem odd to see the Borg "run away" from you. I can almost hear them say "Run Away" just like Monty Python! I thought resistance was futile, instead it's catch us if you can. Ha!
  • Options
    matrix0matrix0 Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well the best and fastest way to do atm is after simultaneously killing all the gens, instead of hitting the trans everyone get to the gate and kill the nanites sphere when they slowly moving to the trans. During this period, the nanites doesn't use any power or fight back. They were nerfed and easier to kill now. Also, new hi dps weapons and consoles such as subspace, grav are widely available. It took us 8min to clear the mission.

However, it's not recommend if the group lack of sciv or dps. If so, better stick to the old way.
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I thought they'd started playing Borg tag.. "haha tag... your it... quick run away....resistance is useless..." :P

Or....

Its a new Borg tactic - Divide and Conquer. Make everyone go skimming off after spheres and the ones that seem to get lodged in the gate are in-fact lures to draw unsuspecting captains in for the gate to then spread its special "love" :D
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Borg adapt, learn to CC.
    Usually they adapt to become more powerful, not less. Running over the map scatter them, even get them stuck in the gate and useless, and thus, diminish their cumulated firepower. 1-2spheres are not dangerous. 10 of them are more a threat.
    Also, they are more frustrating, not more efficient.
    Finally, running away from players is not something I expect from a cyborg race that ignore fear.
    EPtE serve no purpose except frustrating the player, and probably avoid the AOE that were used in ISE. It doesn't make ISE more difficult, in fact, it's easier. It's just more frustrating. Instead, they could have add EPtW, or S. More DPS or more tank, that would have been more interesting.
    Or maybe some AOE, like GW3.

About CC, my fully buffed GW3 (130aux power) can't stop them when they use EPtE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Actually a thought has just occurred to me....

When the spheres start running away double-quick time....I want the background music to change to the Benny Hill chase music! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW9w2KPT7B0

:P
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just Cryptic's poor game design showing it's ugly head again.
    It is a shame it is happening more often than not these days....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    therealfluffytherealfluffy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Copy & Paste from the LoR Release Notes:
    Emergency Power to Engines:
    Increased the Flight Speed bonus of Rank 2 and Rank 3 of this ability.
    Increased the duration of the Flight Speed bonus from 5 seconds up to 30 seconds.
    This ability now also gives a small flat added value to Turn Speed.
    A lot of NPCs are using EPtE2, among them the Borg spheres.
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Dude, I toss GW3 on them and they act like it ain't there.

Because Grav Well is the only CC ability ingame...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Because Grav Well is the only CC ability ingame...
    GW purpose is to root several foe, right ? Yet, it doesn't live up to expectation.
    You can still take a tractor beam and snare 1 sphere, while 10 of them keep running. Very efficient.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    erei1 wrote: »
    GW purpose is to root several foe, right ? Yet, it doesn't live up to expectation.
    You can still take a tractor beam and snare 1 sphere, while 10 of them keep running. Very efficient.

Grav well works exceptionally well against targets not using a movement buff. Expecting it to be the end all of AoE CC in every possible situation is ludicrous. There are more than sufficient options available to chase down and tackle high mobility targets.

The number of people pining for NPCs to not just be bags of HP throwing out one-shots, yet who immediately turn around and complain when said NPCs gain some form of in-combat ability other than more HP or bigger hits will never cease to amaze me.
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    matrix0 wrote: »
    Well the best and fastest way to do atm is after simultaneously killing all the gens, instead of hitting the trans everyone get to the gate and kill the nanites sphere when they slowly moving to the trans. During this period, the nanites doesn't use any power or fight back. They were nerfed and easier to kill now. Also, new hi dps weapons and consoles such as subspace, grav are widely available. It took us 8min to clear the mission.

However, it's not recommend if the group lack of sciv or dps. If so, better stick to the old way.

Yep, I haven't found that hard with a good team either, typically clear it and get the optional ...... typically we take out the inital cube/spheres, then go for the left cube, then simultaneously take out all 4 gens then the trans (can be done easily before the nanite spheres get there), then mop up the spheres, move to the right one (repeat above), mop up most of the spheres, and then stay well ahead of the tac cube, take the gate out and finally concentrate on the cube...... of course you get the occasional fool who goes straight for the a gen. while everyone else is hitting the cube.
  • Options
    sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I can usually keep them together by dropping a gravity well on them when they get clustered together. It helps with slowing them down before they can heal generators. Last night though someone knocked them out of the well and towards the generator using a tractor beam. TRIBBLE. :confused:
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Grav well works exceptionally well against targets not using a movement buff. Expecting it to be the end all of AoE CC in every possible situation is ludicrous. There are more than sufficient options available to chase down and tackle high mobility targets.

The number of people pining for NPCs to not just be bags of HP throwing out one-shots, yet who immediately turn around and complain when said NPCs gain some form of in-combat ability other than more HP or bigger hits will never cease to amaze me.

Welcome to the STO forums, where you can have threads simultaneously complaining that estf's are too easy AND that things have been added which make it hard to get the optional.
  • Options
    captaintrueheartcaptaintrueheart Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Um... the point is that giving the borg super speed makes them look stupid in the game. How can you not see that this isn't just people whining about it being "hard" but that the spheres just look dumb zooming around, plus their tendency to get glitched is an actual problem.

The complaint isn't about difficulty, it's about a poor choice in AI abilities...
    =/\= ================================= =/\=
    Captain Ariel Trueheart Department of Temporal Investigations
    U.S.S. Valkyrie - NCC 991701
    =/\= ================================= =/\=
  • Options
    mosaic06mosaic06 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    please, please, please can we have the Benny Hill Chase music in the STF's - esp. for The Cure and Infected :P

In fact I~ most of the STF's could do with a bit of am umph, so why not put in daft silly music, at least I laughed when I thought of chasing the Borg Raptors or the Spheres, whilst listening to Benny hill Chase Music !!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2013

tekehd wrote: »
    Welcome to the STO forums, where you can have threads simultaneously complaining that estf's are too easy AND that things have been added which make it hard to get the optional.
    I never claimed it makes the STF harder, and never claimed the Borg don't need new abilities. I just say having Borg running away from players, and getting stuck in the gate is stupid.
    Now, if you can elaborate on how it makes the STF more difficult, please do so, I'm really curious. I find the STF even easier, as the sustained firepower of a sphere team was much greater than a single sphere running away from the others.
    I also think OS torps are stupid. In fact, they both belong in something devs should avoid : frustrating fights. There are no skills involved in chasing a sphere. It's not even difficult, anyone can solo a sphere. And even with my Vo'quv I can catch it, sooner or later.

As I said, EPtW or EPtS would have been a better choice to increase stf difficulty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]