What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Infected The Conduit Elite STF ?

2»

Comments

• bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Moved thread to appropriate feedback forum
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • jadensecurajadensecura Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Grav well works exceptionally well against targets not using a movement buff. Expecting it to be the end all of AoE CC in every possible situation is ludicrous. There are more than sufficient options available to chase down and tackle high mobility targets.

The number of people pining for NPCs to not just be bags of HP throwing out one-shots, yet who immediately turn around and complain when said NPCs gain some form of in-combat ability other than more HP or bigger hits will never cease to amaze me.

That would be a completely reasonable statement if you were operating on the assumption that sci ships are supposed to bring nothing of value to a team. If, on the other hand, you think that sci ships really ought to have a reason for existing, then not so much. Sci ships don't provide top DPS against a transformer, nor are they designed for distracting the nanites by tanking them (admittedly that doesn't actually work, but anyway). Their one use in that situation is to slow down the nanites, and they are given two abilities that could potentially do that: GW and TR. TR has never been able to pull it off, at least not since S5, but until LoR GW could. (I guess you could try to count TBR as well, but it's difficult to use effectively, and with the speed they get from EPtE it won't actually help the team, as the nanites will be back to the transformer within a few seconds and before the player is, and the team will have been short on damage for that time.) Now having a sci heavy ship at any point in that STF is a disadvantage (since drains and disables have always been ineffective on the targets that shoot back). That's not the way it should be.