test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Demorecord crash

I'm trying to load a map with demorecord, but it says the map couldn't be found. The name of the file definitely matches the name I entered into the launcher. Crash #17935712.
NJ9oXSO.png
"Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
-Thomas Marrone
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• alax2011alax2011 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm trying to load a map with demorecord, but it says the map couldn't be found. The name of the file definitely matches the name I entered into the launcher. Crash #17935712.

when was the file created, after each patch the demo file becomes obsulete and cannot be used anymore so if you didnt record it to another type of file (fraps...video recording software) you cant edit that file anymore

here was an official Post but when the forums merged the names got lost so i dunno who wrote it but it is true

How To Record and playback gameplay demos - with camera control
    *** NOTE ***
    There is one big drawback to using the demorecordings. They will only be good until the content you recorded changes. Any patch, update, or content change could render them useless. So...if you -really- want to keep a permanent record, record them using fraps or something.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    alax2011 wrote: »
    when was the file created, after each patch the demo file becomes obsulete and cannot be used anymore so if you didnt record it to another type of file (fraps...video recording software) you cant edit that file anymore

here was an official Post but when the forums merged the names got lost so i dunno who wrote it but it is true

How To Record and playback gameplay demos - with camera control

I took it a couple of days ago. So it shouldn't be a problem with the patching.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone