Install Arc
Options

Separate PVP Ques, keep PVP alive!

2»

Comments

• Options
    masterkeychnk5masterkeychnk5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I would wish to see something like this at least.

A simple auto detect feature on the pvp queues will do wonders on itself.

(try to autoqueue pre setup teams vs teams.)

I have no issues waiting half an hour in the Qs personally if it gives me a better fight.

Problem with seperate queues for teams is that teams can abuse it and still queue up all solo right at the same and have a big chance for them to get into the same match.

Hilbert leaderboard could actually be an example of how cryptic SHOULD have implemented the pvp queues, queue up vets with vets, noobs with noobs, middle ground guys together. etc

Too bad the current Q is simplistic at best.

Its funny to,see how fast hilbert is implementing changes to his leaderboard n stuff where cryptic has never bothered creating something like this, EVEN if it was just to queue the right people together.

Ask yourself how many PvPers we wouldve saved? Exactly. People would overall have a much better experience in learning the ropes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am not Snakie, MT is!
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I love this.
    It shows premade team attitude at its finest.

Sit in queue for 15 minutes, get into a match only to find its a premade, match lasts 2 minutes, any chance of fun was removed.

Speak for yourself. I for one enjoy a challenge and could care less what the final outcome is (win or loose.) Some people will even offer advice on how to improve if you engage them in actual conversation that isn't 'nerd rage' filled. In the end, if you want to improve your PvP survivability, it pays to listen to those that have had success in the type of PvP your playing.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    fredscarranfredscarran Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hilbert leaderboard could actually be an example of how cryptic SHOULD have implemented the pvp queues, queue up vets with vets, noobs with noobs, middle ground guys together. etc

Separating premades and pugs would be quite sufficient, no need for a "leaderboard".
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Speak for yourself. I for one enjoy a challenge and could care less what the final outcome is (win or loose.) Some people will even offer advice on how to improve if you engage them in actual conversation that isn't 'nerd rage' filled. In the end, if you want to improve your PvP survivability, it pays to listen to those that have had success in the type of PvP your playing.

If premades were separated from pugs you could still "enjoy a challenge", with a much shorter join time.
  • Options
    maicake716maicake716 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Separating premades and pugs would be quite sufficient, no need for a "leaderboard".

your missing the point he was trying to make.

he wasnt refering to just a leaderboard.

he was talking about a basic match making feature.

which would use the stats from the leaderboard to match make.
    mancom wrote: »
    Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
    Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
    Do you even Science Bro?
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    hey, do ya know whats not healthy enough to be further divided up? pvp ques! if they were more divided up now, it would be impossible to ever get a pop!

i guess i'll state the obvious once again, a solution is to write code to match up people that are pre teamed, and thus que up all at once, with others that do the same, without doubling the number of que types, and splitting everything up. unfortunately they are proboly less willing to make that effort then they are to delete pvp all together.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    hey, do ya know whats not healthy enough to be further divided up? pvp ques! if they were more divided up now, it would be impossible to ever get a pop!

Separate premades and pugs, and the number of players that que for PVP will increase by over 10.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    maicake716 wrote: »
    your missing the point he was trying to make.

he wasnt refering to just a leaderboard.

he was talking about a basic match making feature.

which would use the stats from the leaderboard to match make.

You're making this more complicated than it has to be.

If Team A premade
    And Team B pug
    Do Not Put In Same Game

Problem solved.
  • Options
    maicake716maicake716 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You're making this more complicated than it has to be.

If Team A premade
    And Team B pug
    Do Not Put In Same Game

Problem solved.

problem not solved, because what if theyre the only ones in the que?

should no one at all get to play?

that seems counter productive.
    mancom wrote: »
    Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
    Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
    Do you even Science Bro?
  • Options
    skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    maicake716 wrote: »
    problem not solved, because what if theyre the only ones in the que?

should no one at all get to play?

that seems counter productive.

No, no one should because the type of game both are looking for are entirely different.
  • Options
    scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just a little suggestion after some thought.

Maybe a solution would be to overhaul the queues to be more like a lobby system. You know, where you get to see exactly who is queued up, with a little info on each person, e.g. captain type and ship type, with a little space for user-edited info, which could be used to give more info on your intended role. Teams would be highlighted by the same colour and grouped together.

Then, you have the option to start up an instance, visible to everyone in the lobby, that you can set to either open or private, teams on or off, folding in the challenge system. Also, an instance could be set to casual or competitive, just to inform others on what type of game you wish to play.

There would also be the option to either select an instance to join, or click a 'random' button, which would randomly assign you to an instance, i.e. similar to the system as it is now.

This would avoid the problems involved in splitting the admittedly low population between queues, but also allow more casual players to pick an instance with no teams.

The main problem with the system as I outlined it would, of course, be the possibility of fleets abusing the repeatables/dailies to make dil fast by suiciding - but I think this is already possible via the challenge system.

Thoughts, all? *raises flame shield*