test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Missing mails after patching.

yuukageyuukage Member Posts: 27 Arc User
edited September 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
come on!!!.. what's with the missing mails again after todays released patch... I got tons of mails missing... if you want to fix something on mails can you please gave us a warning first before your patch auto ninja delete our mails?please fix this cryptic.. I want back my mails!!!!!!!! :(
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mustafatennickmustafatennick Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I bought over 2 million ec worth of consoles and sent them to another one of my alts

The mail flashes up but disappears within second along with the take items icon

I want an answer to this that was all my ec I don't have Time to grind much

Edit**

I cannot claim them back from any of my alts
    ----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====---- :cool:
  • philhodgsonphilhodgson Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm the same - all mails missing back to July 7.

I've also got a permanently flashing new mail icon, and when I sent a mail to myself, it wasn't delivered.

It would appear the patch has messed up the mail function.
  • grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I believe the patch notes said only 300 mails will be viewable now.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
    edited August 2013
    grylak wrote: »
    I believe the patch notes said only 300 mails will be viewable now.

Which is fine - though I would prefer my 300 most recent mails, not a random selection.

I have tried deleting some of my earliest mails to see if it would allow new(er) mails through, but it seems I cannot delete mails either.
    edited August 2013
    Actually this is the bug.

I've found opening and closing the mail programme completes the deletion, and the newer e-mails are starting to appear.

We can only see 300 mails, but they have set it to show the earliest 300, not the newest.
  • armitasarmitas Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mails again gone - next time test those changes :mad:
    edited August 2013
    If they want us to delete our own e-mails - they need a better system - I'm not going to sit and spend time deleting hundreds of e-mails one by one to gain access to my current mails.
  • auron8222auron8222 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same here..can't read new ingame e-mail
    edited August 2013
    Same here lost 2 mil worth of tac consoles
    ----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====---- :cool:
  • colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Its so Kafkaesque...

You cant post stuff to the exchange without retrieving or deleting items. You cant retrieve or delete items because there is now a display limit and you cant access all your mail. You have buggy emails you cant delete.

Maybe they should have fixed some issues before creating additional problems
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have easily 100 mails I want to delete but cant. I get multiple blank ones every time an item comes off the exchange.

I cant delete some mails and cant see some mails I might be able to deal with.

Until they fixed the NON deletable and blank exchange returns, they should never have tinkered with anything else.

At this point Im just like F-it. I just wont bother with mail or exchange.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    No mail what so ever is coming through

I have sold several items on the exchange and no mails

I have had several fleet member mail me and no mails
    edited August 2013
    Same here lost 2 mil worth of tac consoles

I don't think you'll have lost them - if you log out and then back in, then check your mail - for the briefest fraction of a second, you will probably see your mail. However, you can't access them.

They have done what they said, and put a 300 mail limit on us, but for some unknown reason, that 300 is the earliest 300. If you want access to your current mails you have to delete every e-mail to bring your most recent into the 300 limit.

However, as some on here have said, certain e-mails are undeletable - but frankly even if they weren't they can't expect players to delete potentially hundreds of e-mails when they only let us select one at a time.

I am hoping this is a mistake which will be quickly fixed - because if we are expected to delete each mail we receive, then the mail system will require so much maintaining when you log on, it's practically game-braking.
    edited August 2013
    After patch I cant read new ingame mail,cant delete some (sale exchange expired) and cant read old August mail..please fix it thanks
    edited August 2013
    I try to re-log but nothing..I submit a ticket to GM
    edited August 2013
    Having the same problem and no comment on all three posts as to where were at with it I have over 2 million in ec value items lost in there they better sort it
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited August 2013
    No mail what so ever is coming through

I have sold several items on the exchange and no mails

I have had several fleet member mail me and no mails

You mailbox may be full -- check out these patch notes from a few weeks back and see if it helps: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=795091

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Erm, I have deleted all mail items in my mail box. So it's not that.
  • sulfrustriplesulfrustriple Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    On the duplicate exchange emails, I have found that if you pick up the attachment in one email, the associated "duplicate" email will disappear after you close and then reopen the mailbox interface. That seems to remove the "undeletable" email for me.
  • mikiiymikiiy Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I mailed a couple items to me just 2-3 days ago, the mails were still there yesterday, now they are gone. So yea.. i lost some items too.

Any mail i send to myself atm isn't arriving either. And yes i have a ton of old mails from the past... but those shouldn't count for the limits!

Any mailsystem that just eats mails when the box is full is poor design anyway.
    edited August 2013
    mikiiy wrote: »
    I mailed a couple items to me just 2-3 days ago, the mails were still there yesterday, now they are gone. So yea.. i lost some items too.

Any mail i send to myself atm isn't arriving either. And yes i have a ton of old mails from the past... but those shouldn't count for the limits!

Any mailsystem that just eats mails when the box is full is poor design anyway.

Like I said earlier in the thread, if you delete some of the earliest mails, you'll see newer ones appearing.

The earliest mail I have is June 25 - I'd be happy to delete most of my inbox - but I am not going to sit and delete each and every mail, when there are hundreds to delete and it's two clicks per mail to delete. It will take hours to delete every mail to unlock upto the end of August.

As the patch said, we've been limited to viewing 300 mails - but for some reason, it seems to be our earliest 300.
  • evilresistance1evilresistance1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The problem I have here is that a lot of my mail is "Item sold in exchange" TRIBBLE.

Those messages take up a LOT of space and it is infeasible to delete the hundreds of those by hand. As such, I think it would be a good idea to either enable mass delete again, or make it so the exchange notices don't take up space against the inbox.
  • ficrficr Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is getting really annoying now. Mail missing again. Why can't they tell us these things before they implement them?

Ticket #1,940,559

Ex-CoH players, Please add the chat channel "CoX STO"
  • mikiiymikiiy Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Like I said earlier in the thread, if you delete some of the earliest mails, you'll see newer ones appearing.

The earliest mail I have is June 25 - I'd be happy to delete most of my inbox - but I am not going to sit and delete each and every mail, when there are hundreds to delete and it's two clicks per mail to delete. It will take hours to delete every mail to unlock upto the end of August.

As the patch said, we've been limited to viewing 300 mails - but for some reason, it seems to be our earliest 300.

You might be right on that, theres some limit how many it shows it seems.. after deleting some older ones newer ones started to show up again.. oddly yesterday i saw all of em without problems. They need to add some status display to the window so we know how much room we have left or how close we are to some display limits.
  • eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mikiiy wrote: »
    They need to add some status display to the window so we know how much room we have left or how close we are to some display limits.
    Agreed

Also, a 'select all' button would be nice too, and/or allow us to shift/ctrl select multiple emails in inbox to make mass deletions in under an hour possible.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • yuukageyuukage Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Cryptic pls learn something from Granado Espada Dev team.. they gave warning to players what they are going to do during maintenance and adviced them to remove anything from xchange or mails which could be lost during the process. how about that? learned something from them already? ok enough about that.. I want my missing emails back pls.

Thanks
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    armitas wrote: »
    mails again gone - next time test those changes :mad:

if you want them to test it maybe it should be you that needs to get on tribble and help test instead of griping when the %^&* hits the fan.

and just to clarify I am not missing mails
  • sheeplikasheeplika Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Got to report that after latest patch I have stopped to receive new e-mails altogehter... I still have blinking notifications... but e-mails are missing :S
  • armitasarmitas Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    if you want them to test it maybe it should be you that needs to get on tribble and help test instead of griping when the %^&* hits the fan.

and just to clarify I am not missing mails

First - as a publisher it is on your responsible to test changes before updating/patching and not the fault of the gamers. The gamers dont get payment for testing anything on tribble - so pay us for testing. Cryptic gets the money from the gamers and on the other hand the gamers can expect that Cryptic test new content before publishing it.
    Second - if only showing 200 or 300 mails - then why not the newest instead the oldest ?
    Third - the limit includes not only STO - the CO mails get counted too and i think NWO too.
  • fcsp1910fcsp1910 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ...exactly the same probs here: all mails missing back to July 7

Loads of mails gone, full corresprondence forging an alliance gone,...and I can't even recieve any new mails now :(

I'm President of 2 fleets and I need the ingame mails system for communication. Being one of the 'banned 110' now having mail/account trouble AGAIN is not very nice indeed!!!

Brought down the number of mails far below 300 BEFORE the patch, cleaning up stored stuff and old corresprondence...

Please PWE, sort this out quick please!!!

[TicketCreated] Successfully submitted ticket ID #1,942,517.