test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

And the new Batman is .............

seanftdseanftd Member Posts: 319 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Ten Forward
Not sure how to take today's news that Ben Afleck is the new Batman.
I was initially gutted once I heard he had taken over from Bale.
I'm sure there are better actors that could have been picked but oh we'll.
Fingers crossed and we will see what happens.
Post edited by seanftd on

Comments

• seanftdseanftd Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Who do you all think would have made a good batman?
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Batman should be really a old guy with a bat walking frame and with Robin, married, 3 kids and a nagging wife.

Just going for realism here.

"Batman - Married with Children"- the action-sitcom?
  • kal36kal36 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!
  • kirk201okirk201o Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think Branflakes should be batman.
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kirk201o wrote: »

Batflakes? or Branman?
    edited August 2013

That I did not expect
  • grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think Statham would be a fantastic Two Face or Black Mask.

As for Bats himself...... I can see where they're coming from with Ronin. I honestly don't know who I would like to play it. But I enjoyed Argo, so I'm thinking we may get a great Bats out of Affleck. I'm reserving judgement until I see him on screen.

Remember people were against Keaton when he was first cast.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na... ACTOR!

*swiftly vanishes*
    signwidrona.png
    edited August 2013
    recon2130 wrote: »
    Me and the guys at work have been debating this since 0800 this morning and I maintain Jason Statham as batman.

1) He's bad TRIBBLE and can already fight

2) He looks good in a suite, which to be fair is an essential for the Bruce Wayne side of things. Other candidates included Jason Mamoa (Ronin in SG:Atlantis)

Not sure on Mamoa if im honest.

I like statham but I don't think he looks the part of Bruce Wayne , I did thing Bradley Cooper though
    edited August 2013
    idrona wrote: »
    Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na... ACTOR!

*swiftly vanishes*

Where did he go :eek:
  • kirk201okirk201o Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Still branflakes, he's just like the dark knight, he's very deceiving.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,184 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Yep and his theme tune would be the Brian Adams song "Everything I do" (others will know what I mean by that ;))
  • kain9primekain9prime Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    From Man of Steel to Man of - WTF?.

So basically it's Ben Affleck playing Ben Affleck in a Batman suit. The only movie I've ever been able to watch him in and not think "ok, stop calling him by another name; it's just Ben Affleck" was Argo, mostly because he was relatively unrecognizable from every other role he's cast in.

Hollywood FAIL.
    The artist formally known as Romulus_Prime
    edited August 2013
    I will say though, when they said an older batman i pictured alot older than afleck .
    I think im basing that on the fact when they announced this they used a like from the Dark Knight Returns.
    Personally i cant look at Ben Afleck and think Batman. I thought Bradly Cooper might be a good shout for the role.
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    *quack* Batflack! *quack*
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    BranFlakes should be the new Batman!

So says Batman! *points at avatar* ;) :P

/thread
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited August 2013
    seanftd wrote: »
    I will say though, when they said an older batman i pictured alot older than afleck .

For "older" Batman, I'd pick Jim Caviezel, who is currently awesome as a suave vigilante on Person of Interest. He looks the part of a tall, dark Bruce Wayne, too.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    shpoks wrote: »
    BranFlakes should be the new Batman!

So says Batman! *points at avatar* ;) :P

/thread

Just remember who gave you that avatar :P.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You guys keep supporting all these lame comic book movies Hollywood spews out and you wonder why we hardly get any Trek and when we do we get JJ Trek :rolleyes:
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Some guy tried to put a petition on the White House website.

Good grief people... This is almost as bad as the Death Star thing.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Karl Urban should be batman...he has the physique and gruff look that batman SHOULD have...

he fights badguys all night and than tries to play off as a billionaire playboy at day...that guy should look haggard, worn and stubble for living a lifestyle like it,

Urban had good presence in Doom, LotR, Trek, and was an amazing Dredd

So ben afleck....might as well get tom cruise to play the riddler than and pauly shore as penquin since we aren't going for what would make since
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Just remember who gave you that avatar :P.

The Lion King. ;)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bunansa wrote: »
    Karl Urban should be batman...he has the physique and gruff look that batman SHOULD have...

he fights badguys all night and than tries to play off as a billionaire playboy at day...that guy should look haggard, worn and stubble for living a lifestyle like it,

Urban had good presence in Doom, LotR, Trek, and was an amazing Dredd

So ben afleck....might as well get tom cruise to play the riddler than and pauly shore as penquin since we aren't going for what would make since
    Yeah Urban would be a good choice.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,442 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Having seen Affleck in some movies where he's not burdened by a horrible script, I honestly think he's got the chops for the role.

And speaking of Tom Cruise, he was once rumored to be in talks for the role - so yeah, it could have been a lot worse... :)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited August 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    Having seen Affleck in some movies where he's not burdened by a horrible script, I honestly think he's got the chops for the role.

And speaking of Tom Cruise, he was once rumored to be in talks for the role - so yeah, it could have been a lot worse... :)

Could you suggest a couple of movies that fit your viewpoint? I've not seen a lot of Affleck. I have seen Daredevil which was inconsistent IMHO, some parts I really liked, others not so much. I saw him in The Sum Of All Fears, great story, but although he was okay, I thought he was the most understated of the Jack Ryan portrayers.

Cruise would make a good unbalanced villain, for the same reason that Robert Downey Jr. owned the role of an alcoholic, party-boy genius Tony Stark. Real life.

Perhaps Cruise could portray Victor Zsasz if Nolan were ever to do another "realistic" Batman film.
  • scruffyvulcanscruffyvulcan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jonsills wrote: »

I remember being horrified that Tom Cruise was cast as Lestat, but he (IMO) totally proved me wrong and brought in an amazing performance.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Affleck.

Like I said in another post, we're being mighty forgiving of Bale's portrayal of Batman here. Sure, he was a great Bruce Wayne, but as Batman, he acted like he was doing an SNL skit.
    edited August 2013
    Could you suggest a couple of movies that fit your viewpoint? I've not seen a lot of Affleck. I have seen Daredevil which was inconsistent IMHO, some parts I really liked, others not so much. I saw him in The Sum Of All Fears, great story, but although he was okay, I thought he was the most understated of the Jack Ryan portrayers.

Cruise would make a good unbalanced villain, for the same reason that Robert Downey Jr. owned the role of an alcoholic, party-boy genius Tony Stark. Real life.

Perhaps Cruise could portray Victor Zsasz if Nolan were ever to do another "realistic" Batman film.

I thought Affleck did an excellent job in Hollywoodland and Argo.
  • hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is all terribly amusing to me, as someone who remembers the furor over casting Michael Keaton ("Michael Keaton, are you kidding me??"). The more things change...

(and yes, we had the Internet back then.)
    edited August 2013
    hfmudd wrote: »
    This is all terribly amusing to me, as someone who remembers the furor over casting Michael Keaton ("Michael Keaton, are you kidding me??"). The more things change...

I'm jealous of you. In '88 (When Keaton was cast), the internet wasn't even something I'd ever heard of.

Not saying you didn't have it. I'm sure you did. I don't know the history of the internet. I'm just saying in my little corner of the world, we sure didn't have it.

That said, people did hate the idea of Michael Keaton. I remember tons of complaints... just not on the internet.
  • cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    hfmudd wrote: »

and Milli Vanilli

:rolleyes: