Install Arc
Options

Sad but True

2»

Comments

• Options
    hank900hank900 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I speak for me, and I can tell you that I am sick and tired just because a person does not agree with something in the game and it is not what they want, or not what they want to see all they do it put the game down, say the DEVs don't know what they are doing. If you can do better put in your resume with PWE. STOP bashing the game all, if you don't like it don't play. I know this will fall on deaf ears (so to speak) but I had to say this.
    http://www.1279sto.com[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    You can't take over forum land.....you did not bring your own flag...unlike me I have a flag...and them the rules....no flag no country that's the rules I just made up now :D

I was also expecting this to be a Metillica thread....:( now.

1) My flag is bigger than your flag :P
    2) http://youtu.be/CD-E-LDc384 ;)

As for the OP, obviously he doesn't speak for everyone. People do this quite often thinking it will make the developers listen more to what they're saying. It never does because they can read the forums, they talk to people in game, talk to friends that play etc so they know what is going on.

Bugs suck this is a well known fact however, has a few have pointed out, since launch of this game bugs HAVE been fixed many times and even the patch notes show that. With only being little more than 3 years old, and finally getting a sizable increase in staff we're starting to see things move more quickly and even bugs getting fixed at a more reasonable rate. Which is a plus.

Give the game some time like a lot of us have and you will see a difference. Hopefully anyways lol.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kidamar wrote: »
    As concerning the state of STO, I think I speake for everyone

Do you feel in charge?
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    Don't dare speak for me... ESPECIALLY when you are right.

OK, ok, almost everyone :P
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think it's time for a thread lock
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I say have a week maintenance and fix as many issues as possible every 2 or 3 monthes on top of the weekly maintenance

What does a week of downtime have to do with fixing bugs?
  • Options
    bruccybruccy Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    people often forget the developers have an imagination to and know what game they would love to create but sometimes the technical needs of that imagination are expensive and for now unobtainable .
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    bruccy wrote: »
    people often forget the developers have an imagination to and know what game they would love to create but sometimes the technical needs of that imagination are expensive and for now unobtainable .

Yep.
    And not just that. This is a business afterall.
    There are cost/benefit issues and time frames.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    As concerning the state of STO, I think I speake for everyone

You sure as hell don't speak for me nor do you speak for the considerable number of STO players I know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    As concerning the state of STO, I think I speake for everyone when I say the development team doesn't have a clue as to the current state of the game.

This is a clear indication that what you think is not reality. You most certainly do not speak for everyone, and you certainly need to stop thinking you do.
  • Options
    skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So many people jumping all over this guy over a poor choice of words. I think the important part of his post, his ongoing frustration at the way the game is developed and ran is being ignored by most people responding. I'd almost say willfully so.

I'm not happy with the direction Cryptic is taking with STO either. Are most players happy with it? I'd like to think they aren't but I know that the average Cryptic players is vastly different from me so who knows? Maybe the player churn IS high enough that incoming players are happy to spend and then go their merry way, never to look back at STO again?

Great for Cryptic if that's the case, but bad for me Mr. Long Term Player. Maybe we should push for a consumer advisory message for Cryptic "Not for long term players"? :D
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    askray wrote: »
    1) My flag is bigger than your flag :P
    2) http://youtu.be/CD-E-LDc384 ;)

As for the OP, obviously he doesn't speak for everyone. People do this quite often thinking it will make the developers listen more to what they're saying. It never does because they can read the forums, they talk to people in game, talk to friends that play etc so they know what is going on.

Bugs suck this is a well known fact however, has a few have pointed out, since launch of this game bugs HAVE been fixed many times and even the patch notes show that. With only being little more than 3 years old, and finally getting a sizable increase in staff we're starting to see things move more quickly and even bugs getting fixed at a more reasonable rate. Which is a plus.

Give the game some time like a lot of us have and you will see a difference. Hopefully anyways lol.

Hear hear Ray. Keep safe
  • Options
    ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Doom! Doom! Doom!

The game doesn't function the way I want it to so it's DOOMED!

I've been listening to that since early Closed Beta. :)

This game wont make it past a year... erm 2 years.... 3years...... 4 years...... meh :P
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
  • Options
    captainednacaptainedna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Doom! Doom! Doom!

The game doesn't function the way I want it to so it's DOOMED!

I've been listening to that since early Closed Beta. :)

yet we still have the bugs from close beta lol
  • Options
    hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    As concerning the state of STO, I think I speake for everyone...

You are wrong.

Also
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMbQNu-d7QU
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So many people jumping all over this guy over a poor choice of words. I think the important part of his post, his ongoing frustration at the way the game is developed and ran is being ignored by most people responding. I'd almost say willfully so.

I'm not happy with the direction Cryptic is taking with STO either. Are most players happy with it? I'd like to think they aren't but I know that the average Cryptic players is vastly different from me so who knows? Maybe the player churn IS high enough that incoming players are happy to spend and then go their merry way, never to look back at STO again?

Great for Cryptic if that's the case, but bad for me Mr. Long Term Player. Maybe we should push for a consumer advisory message for Cryptic "Not for long term players"? :D

No it wasn't a poor choice of words, an assumption was made. NO NO NO people are not being ignored I for one know this as fact. I am extremely happy with STO. Like the OP you say you too are not happy with STO, so one question Why are you still playing? No one is forcing you to play against your will, so therefore you must be happy to still play. Let me put it this way, your favourite drink is changed by the company that makes it and the change is not to your liking, do you still continue to drink it even though you now no longer like it, or do you stop buying it. The same principal applies here.

Like askray (the Mod) said no one like bugs and glitches but they are part and parcel of any MMO, you either work around them or stop playing.

I do wish to reiterate what I said about people not being ignored I do know this as fact. I found out personally just this very weekend how much we the players do actually mean to the guys at Cryptic and PWE.

I now actually see STO in a greater light, and where I have always had respect for the game, my respect for the game and those behind it grew even greater
  • Options
    skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    eazzie wrote: »
    No it wasn't a poor choice of words, an assumption was made. NO NO NO people are not being ignored I for one know this as fact. I am extremely happy with STO. Like the OP you say you too are not happy with STO, so one question Why are you still playing? No one is forcing you to play against your will, so therefore you must be happy to still play. Let me put it this way, your favourite drink is changed by the company that makes it and the change is not to your liking, do you still continue to drink it even though you now no longer like it, or do you stop buying it. The same principal applies here.

Like askray (the Mod) said no one like bugs and glitches but they are part and parcel of any MMO, you either work around them or stop playing.

I do wish to reiterate what I said about people not being ignored I do know this as fact. I found out personally just this very weekend how much we the players do actually mean to the guys at Cryptic and PWE.

I now actually see STO in a greater light, and where I have always had respect for the game, my respect for the game and those behind it grew even greater

You're funny. Why do I stay? What a silly thing to ask, I stay for several reasons, not least of which is friends and liking flying space ships. Why would you equate my displeasure in certain things to a total hatred of STO? You will be surprised things aren't as black and white. Its not a case of either totally loving or completely hating everything. But I guess its just easier to assume things right?

I'm glad you like the folks at Cryptic and think they really care about the players. That's great, I too get the feeling they appreciate players a great deal. That does not mean they design things that are well thought out, tested, or with any other intent than to surpass in power things that already exist in an attempt to get more cash from players. Personally, I'd prefer at least a little thought given to some of the more ridiculous things they do, but alas, they will not. Why spend resources when the customer base does not demand it?
  • Options
    mikec1013mikec1013 Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    One thing you should always keep in mind, PWE, the parent company that owns Cryptic, cares only about spending enough money on the game to keep the servers running (sort of). Otherwise, its all about the next gimmick they can stuff in a lock box to sell master keys. I can guarantee you the next lock box will have more time and money spent on it than the last 3 years of bugs and glitches. Get used to it. The little things don't matter unless you're willing to pay hard cash to see them fixed.
  • Options
    mikec1013mikec1013 Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    He lost me when he made the ridiculous statement, "I think I speak for everyone."

Thankfully he doesn't even "speake" my language.
  • Options
    nylsianylsia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    . . . I think I speake for everyone . . .

You do not "speake" for me.
  • Options
    lake1771lake1771 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    grr.. oops,
  • Options
    lake1771lake1771 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So where did all the money that paid for developing LoR come from? ... Underpants Gnomes?

Lock Box Gambling.

If Steam is the exon mobile of internet gaming then PWE is the BP.

Don't get it twisted. there's plenty of money flying around.
  • Options
    bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It is what it is, a game relying upon churn instead of focusing on player retention.

But I enjoy spaceships so here I am. If a casual friendly PvE focused spaceship game other than STO existed that is where I would be. But they quite literally have zero competition.
  • Options
    ferthannaferthanna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think I speak for everyone when I say you should not think you speak for everyone, neither should you speak that you think for everyone, neither should you speak if you do not think. Thus I speak, I think.
    What goes around comes around.

Satcher@ferthanna
    R'awlins@ferthanna
    T'flup@ferthanna
  • Options
    vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well isn't OP right as far as most people have a long list of items that should have been fixed a long time ago ?

It brings up an interesting question namely at what point does it become unacceptable ?

In my case I crash loading new maps in sector space, my ground sets are bugged on their 10th month and 2 weeks ago I lost all my carriers.

At which point is it legit to complain ? When the game can't launch at all ?

The bugs aside after half a year with reputation grinding I feel burned out and I think killing old STF was a mistake.
    I don't want to make an alt so I have no use for a new ship it's kinda like what is the point anymore.

Play through reputation for a bugged out ground set or try to do doff'ing crashing constantly ?
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think I speake for everyone when I say the development team doesn't have a clue as to the current state of the game.
    You don't.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    darkdog13darkdog13 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you for confirming the point I was making, which is that PWE is spending more money on this game than just enough to keep the servers running like the person I was responding to was implying. :D

Think about how much money they have made on LOR most of the Romulan ships are pay ships (7 of them are free if you include the starting ship 25 of them cost zen or real money either from lifetime or from a lockbox)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    vestereng wrote: »
    Well isn't OP right as far as most people have a long list of items that should have been fixed a long time ago ?

It brings up an interesting question namely at what point does it become unacceptable ?

In my case I crash loading new maps in sector space, my ground sets are bugged on their 10th month and 2 weeks ago I lost all my carriers.

At which point is it legit to complain ? When the game can't launch at all ?

The bugs aside after half a year with reputation grinding I feel burned out and I think killing old STF was a mistake.
    I don't want to make an alt so I have no use for a new ship it's kinda like what is the point anymore.

Play through reputation for a bugged out ground set or try to do doff'ing crashing constantly ?

Yes and No.
    Lists are short or long depending on what you compare them with. I think we can agree that there are several bugs. Many, even. But there are also several that have been fixed. And obviously that there are many that will come up. The problem is when they are more serious and not so much for their number. However, it's not fair to pick that up and go around saying that the developers are incompetent or that they don't have a clue.
    If you find a bug report it. Try to reproduce it. Try to figure out why it happens some times and not others, if it's not constant. Then send that info. For instance, I've notice that my crashes to desktop at sector space only happen when I have the DOff menu open as you approach a sector change (warp) area. If I don't have it open, the game will not crash.
    As for when it is legit to complain, the answer is: everytime you find something wrong. The thing is, it's not what you say, it's how you say it!