test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sad but True

kidamarkidamar Member Posts: 64 Arc User
As concerning the state of STO, I think I speake for everyone when I say the development team doesn't have a clue as to the current state of the game. Having played since season 6 only, I have see content thrown @ the game rather than fixing the issues that prove bothersome to players. I have personally experienced poor tech help as well as many others. I have sinced stopped spending money on the game because of this. I don't know if this is intended to make the game decline purposely or just lack of intellegence on the management or planning teams part. Who ever thought that new content would passify players frustration with broken characters, skills , bugs, and on top of that a system dependant on rmt . Sad to say it but the game is terminally ill and will die if it drastic measures are not taken. I say have a week maintenance and fix as many issues as possible every 2 or 3 monthes on top of the weekly maintenance. What do I know any way I'm just a dumb gamer feeding the po ket of a huge gaming corp who makes money regardless
Post edited by kidamar on

Comments

• kahless2001kahless2001 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kidamar wrote: »
    As concerning the state of STO, I think I speake for everyone when I say the development team doesn't have a clue as to the current state of the game.

Was there an election? I seem to have missed it.
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Bro, you have no idea how far the game has come. It has bugs and the in game support is terrible. But it is still improving
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • trekkietravistrekkietravis Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What are you talking about? This game has made MASSIVE improvements with every season. Yes, there are still bugs to be addressed, buy you can hardly say the game is in a worst place now than it was in previous seasons.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Doom! Doom! Doom!

The game doesn't function the way I want it to so it's DOOMED!

I've been listening to that since early Closed Beta. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Don't say you speak for everyone, because you don't. You speak for yourself.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • mattack13mattack13 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    "I think I speak for everyone when I say the development team doesn't have a clue as to the current state of the game."

You are certainly entitled to your opinion but leave it at that, don't try to present it as speaking for everybody. You certainly don't speak for me.

I have had my share of frustration and yes, questionable tech support at times, but overall my feelings on the state of the game are positive. I've been playing STO for over a year and a half and, to me, the game has largely gotten better and better since then. Perfect? No. But I wouldn't say the developers are clueless.
  • sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sorry, this troll lost me at, "the development team doesn't have a clue as to the current state of the game".
    Yes, because the developers, who are currently working on this game, have absolutely no idea what they are working on or how the game is faring overall.
    Right.
    That's what's up, apparently, according to the OP.

..... I need emergency kitten pictures or something.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • kahless2001kahless2001 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sorceror01 wrote: »

http://cdn.iwastesomuchtime.com/26201310174.gif
  • vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sorceror01 wrote: »

amagad....... ohhh noes............kitten to the rescue!

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x41/andmanpro/emergency-kitten.jpg
  • admanf2padmanf2p Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just once I would like to read a coherent rant. Not that I'd agree with it, but at least it wouldn't make my eyes bleed...
  • trekkietravistrekkietravis Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't think that's possible...

I think once it starts becoming coherent is stops being a "rant" and starts being "constructive criticism"...
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You know I had started to type a serious response here, but why bother.

Although I do think it's funny that people think taking down the servers for a week would do anything. That's not how devs fix bugs lol.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I speak for everyone when I say "Begone from wench you came!"

I speak for no one when I say... "Undine faction plox"
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ....I think I speake for everyone when I say....

no, you don't.

_________
    As concerning the state of STO, I think I speake for everyone when I say the development team doesn't have a clue as to the current state of the game. Having played since season 6 only, I have see content thrown @ the game rather than fixing the issues that prove bothersome to players. I have personally experienced poor tech help as well as many others. I have sinced stopped spending money on the game because of this. I don't know if this is intended to make the game decline purposely or just lack of intellegence on the management or planning teams part. Who ever thought that new content would passify players frustration with broken characters, skills , bugs, and on top of that a system dependant on rmt . Sad to say it but the game is terminally ill and will die if it drastic measures are not taken. I say have a week maintenance and fix as many issues as possible every 2 or 3 monthes on top of the weekly maintenance. What do I know any way I'm just a dumb gamer feeding the po ket of a huge gaming corp who makes money regardless

I agree thats there bugs but you don;t speak for everyone
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • article001article001 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Metallica Yeah Yeah!!!
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    As concerning the state of STO, I think I speake for everyone when I say the development team doesn't have a clue as to the current state of the game.

I stopped reading after this, so my apologies if you solved world peace or something after, but you can in no way shape or form speak for everyone.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Not everyone on Cryptic works on bugs, they all work on various teams like Bugs, Art, Design, and Story. Some of these teams are broken down even further like Art would have different teams for Environment and Ship. While someone can work on Ship and Environment due to both of them being part of Art, you can't have someone on Bugs work on Art or Art work on Bugs. The names are different from what they use. I seriously doubt there is an Art team since it would be called by something more technical.

Now for fixing Bugs. While there are some bugs that are easy to fix like a simple typo, there are some bugs that are harder to track down and fix. After all, there are some bugs that only 20 people encounter which could make them not play the game. So the only way to fix all the bugs is shut down development for a couple of years since new content means new bugs. The game would not survive if they did something like that.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Didn't you know? The devs have magical Harry Potter wands and all they have to do is wave them at the server and say "Fixio Bugius Reparum!" and all the bugs are gone.

Ahh if that was true
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Please take your words and... well.. Eat them...

No one I do not know personally has the right to assume they speak for me... And especially not the ones I do not agree with.

Oh look... You are brand new to the game.

What you are really saying here is: I have no clue what would really hurt the game.

Do you REALLY belive that shutting down their only true source of collecting data would benefit fixing issues? All I can say is: LOL.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    As concerning the state of STO, I think I speake for everyone when I say ...

I think I try very hard to spell things correctly when I speak, alongside good punctuation and grammar when I write.

Second it's very presumptuous for someone who hasn't even been playing for a year to turn around and claim to know all about the game and the state it's in particularly better than the people that created it and work on it on a daily basis. The game isn't perfect and conceivably never will be. Keep Calm and Carry On.

Third as has been covered in countless other threads by countless other ill informed people such as yourself; shutting the servers down for a week, a month or however long will not "fix bugs" there is only one thing it will do for certain is kill the game.

What you are suggesting is akin to saying "I have pneumonia, therefore I should stop breathing until I get better" which as you might guess is not the smartest move to make in that scenario.
  • saekiithsaekiith Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Warte warte warte!

You're saying that they should shut down the complete game for a WHOLE WEEK every month to fix bugs?
    I could have overlooked anything else but this? Sorry... but this is the most ridiculous thing I've read on here for a long time...
    Selor Andaram Ephelion Kiith
    edited August 2013
    saekiith wrote: »
    but this is the most ridiculous thing I've read on here for a long time...

Either you don't come around much, or the STO forums is in trouble ^^
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    Don't say you speak for everyone, because you don't. You speak for yourself.

This. Yes there are bugs. Yes there's bad issues that need improvement. (Customer service)
    But to those who think this game is in the worst shape it's ever been, you're out of your mind. This game is light-years ahead of what it once was. I'm sure if the game was still like the time between S4-S5 people would be hating on it too.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • jacqueline3752jacqueline3752 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Bugs are part of most games that get layer on top layers of updats.

her is scenes first part you see the user and then dev part start at 1:35 :?
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You can't take over forum land.....you did not bring your own flag...unlike me I have a flag...and them the rules....no flag no country that's the rules I just made up now :D

I was also expecting this to be a Metillica thread....:( now.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think I speak for everyone when I say you don't speak for everyone...
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,184 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I SPEAK FOR MYSELF. Simple solution to your predictament IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT STOP PLAYING IT.

I won't be stopping playing. But more importantly do not assume everyone else shares your view.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,184 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I echo your comment
    edited August 2013

Don't dare speak for me... ESPECIALLY when you are right.