test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ticket Support NON-EXISTENT?

Is it me, or is there absolutely NO SUPPORT via the Ticket system? I have a few tickets in, most are about two weeks old, and all I get is the generic auto-response.

Have they just given up? As long as the zen flows, all is good?
Post edited by ssholeroy on

Comments

• mattmurdocknzmattmurdocknz Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have to agree - its been a week on my ticket regarding store ships that I had already paid for with Cryptic points showing as needing to be purchaseed again and I have had zero response. Ticket reference is 130807-001441. Not happy at all :mad:
  • bridportbridport Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I agree, I sent a ticket in last week about the cutting beam. I pressed collect reward and nothing appeared. I check overflow bag, inventory was not full anyway. I sent a ticket in and nothing.........
    In Game Characters,
    Dagoth Commanding Officer of the R.S.S Sabre, Scimitar Class Dreadnought.
    Nelson, Commanding Officer of the Victory - E, Armitage Class Carrier.
    Jones, Commanding Officer of the Sovereign, Sovereign Class Battleship.
    Fleet Admiral of Approaching Storm, the Servers fastest growing Fleet.
  • darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Waiting three weeks for an answer on my ticket. Nothing. Seems like all tickets go to/dev/null/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have never had a ticket responded to in less than 6 weeks (auto response normally). Most of them have taken 8 - 9 weeks and all of them have been a matter of "please resubmit ticket using the bug reporter"...even though they were submitted through the bug reporter :rolleyes:
    I've submitted a few dozen over the last year and a half since I started playing sto and none of the issues I've submitted have been fixed*. Ever. Period.

*Broken/unusable items, Broken costume slots, large amounts of unrefined dil vanishing from my characters. All sorts of issues.
    I need a beer.

• geekasylumgeekasylum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm going to add a "me too" here because, while I havnt put in a ticket (Via the web site at least) for a long time, that is because the support web site is broken for many browsers. I responded only today to someone else with the same problem, so it isnt just me.

Here's the thing, and why I agree with this thread....

I reported that the support web site gets itself into a redirect loop over a year ago. The response was that "This is a known problem" and that "The development team are working on it".

Imagine my surprise when six months later, I need to lodge a ticket, and have the same problem. The response then, was again... "This is a known problem".

Now today, I see someone else with the same problem, so I know that in a year, they have not been able to correct a simple problem, which most web sites seem to get right without even trying.

Cryptic/PWE - I see a growing perception that you don't care. I understand that you get a lot of tickets, but if you focused on fixing the serious bugs, rather than pushing out season after season, of new bugs, you might have happier customers (and less tickets).

Its getting to the point now where Im hesitant to spend Zen for fear that what Im buyng wont work, and I'll be left out in the cold - an example of which is the 6 outfits my Romulan toon bought slots for, but now cant wear, which is another long standing "known issue". Silly me for assuming something I paid for (the 6 slots) would work as advertised.

To paraphrase Eraun: "Can you imagine the huberis it takes to [ask people to pay for something that you KNOW is completely broken]?"

Cryptic, I love you guys, you do awesome work, so much so I Lifetime'd up, but PWE... take note you're losing whatever goodwill you ever had, with this kind of thing! Fix the serious bugs and be responsive to your customers!
    --
    Player since July 2010. KDF Sci: 11,230 Accolade Points as at Jan 2015
  • ssholeroyssholeroy Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    geekasylum wrote: »
    ...Cryptic, I love you guys, you do awesome work, so much so I Lifetime'd up, but PWE... take note you're losing whatever goodwill you ever had, with this kind of thing! Fix the serious bugs and be responsive to your customers!
    Is PWE handling bug reports and GM tickets? I thought PWE was just the distributor... it wouldn't be the first time Cryptic threw up their hands and sold off their title to their distributor, as any City of Heroes player could tell you.

PWE's websites and forums are the WORST I've ever seen in "modern" times. I mean, they may be better than HTML 1.0 encoded stuff, but just barely. Their login does not work on Opera (my favorite browser), and the forum sub-section list looks HORRIFIC. Seriously, does anyone at PWE have ANY sense of style or design?
  • ravagerborgravagerborg Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well you are not the only one. I had items dissapear from my mail and so far no response. My ticket is about to be 1 week old
  • geekasylumgeekasylum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ssholeroy wrote: »
    Is PWE handling bug reports and GM tickets? I thought PWE was just the distributor...

I believe so. The support website is all PWE, it has been for over a year now, and that is the one which is broken.

In one of their responses, I was replied to by a GM, who basically said: "I cant help you thats up to the devs".

Helping me would have involved nothing more than passing on my bug report to the devs - the guys who could actually fix it - but alas, after a bit of to and fro, even that seemed too hard for him.

So yes. I believe the customer service (or lack of it) is PWE and that most of the tickets are resolved by GMs who have no real power to actually fix anything, nor any desire to see that reported issues actually get fixed.

Its pretty much all canned responses with a line or two, typed in to make it seem a little personal, and give the impression that the actual problem was addressed.
    --
    Player since July 2010. KDF Sci: 11,230 Accolade Points as at Jan 2015
  • trekkietravistrekkietravis Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My roommate did receive a response and proper resolution to his support case. The case was filed in May before Legacy of Romulus Launch...he just received a response last week (the second week of August).

That's about 3 months for a Customer Support response, locked out of the game the entire time.

Not sure if his issue was unique in terms of response time, but that's bad by any standard.
  • mattmurdocknzmattmurdocknz Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Got a response today to my ticket about not being able to claim my store ships, guess what? Complete denial that I had ever purchased them using Cryptic points, Zen or any other cash currency (basically saying I got them in-game on just one character).
    The frustrating part is that I even quoted the Paypal transaction numbers that I used to buy the Cryptic points in the first place! Gee, did they just evaporate? Im sure I spent them on something... oh yeah, that's right, I bought some ships! *facepalm*
  • pelnypelny Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I had a character that got trapped in an instance during the fed tutorial mission chain at the beginning before the lieutenant promotion. I was stuck for 3-4 weeks, had 4 different tickets that i explained in detail my problem and received only generic responses and responses that proved my ticket wasn't read in full, if at all. I was forced to delete the character. Luckily it was a fresh character but i was still very disappointed with the support.
  • synthenoxsynthenox Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, I have to say that I have never received support as sluggish and with the desire to do the bare minimum as I have in this game. Even big box stores will get back to you relatively quickly and with some attempt to remedy the situation. Heck, in every MMO i've been in, a GM will talk to you in game if you wait a few hours.

I'm actually quite surprised with this.
  • stupidconversionstupidconversion Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Six weeks? Try two years.

I hope nobody wonders why I'm not Gold.

The thing is, it *wants* to be a very fun game. But the bugs periodically drive me away, I come back for a month, go away, come back, go away...

It's like it takes a few months to forget the aggravation.
  • geekdavidgeekdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    geekasylum wrote: »
    Cryptic/PWE - I see a growing perception that you don't care. I understand that you get a lot of tickets, but if you focused on fixing the serious bugs, rather than pushing out season after season, of new bugs, you might have happier customers (and less tickets).

I'd just be happy if they jumped on bugs quickly instead of coming out with the umpteenth lock box that you gotta pay to open and get a few worthless coins out of. What's next, the Godzilla Lock Box? At least when Guild Wars 2 started with their locked boxes, they also gave away a few keys free for quest completion and such.

As far as the original topic, yes, the customer service is nothing short of abysmal. And that's from someone who has trained people in customer service. If the people running the support tickets were in one of my classes, they'd be told to do much better or find another line of work.
  • maltinpolarmaltinpolar Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ssholeroy wrote: »
    Is it me, or is there absolutely NO SUPPORT via the Ticket system? I have a few tickets in, most are about two weeks old, and all I get is the generic auto-response.

Have they just given up? As long as the zen flows, all is good?

I've had this issue for the last three weeks and I'm still waiting for any kind of response to my several tickets. I'm not even getting the auto-response anymore. I suspect my tickets are going straight to their spam folder.

As it turns out, that same bug was reported back in Jan 2013 and I'd bet that guy still hasn't seen a fix.

This is total bee-ess, Cryptic.
  • psychickittypsychickitty Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ah well.....I don't think I have gotten real support from cryptic for a very very long time.

I sent in a bug report anywise......in hopes that maybe someone will read it.

Maybe the issue will be fixed..... maybe not

I was actually hoping to have fun with their new stuff....but their are always other games to play.

I am the type to support games I like playing.....if this one doesn't seam to have developers that care....then I simply wont support it anymore.

Power without Perception is Spiritually useless and therefore of no true value.

=^_^=

• rsfdanrsfdan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Been playing STO for quite a while now, can say the actual in-game tickets I've never received replies too but when I've submitted tickets via their website I usually get a response within 2 - 3 days. Infact I submitted a ticket on Friday and got a response today - which shocked me being a Sunday! :O
  • pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Most annoying stock answer (I get it on every ticket): "Unfortunately, this needs to be further reviewed by our developers. Please keep an eye on the Forums for any update to Star Trek Online. Bug Reports help our developers keep track of players who have had this issue, in case they needs additional fixes. "

KEEP AN EYE ON THE FORUMS??? Really?!?! Why the FRAK should I have to keep watching the plethora of messages on the forums (what, am I supposed to read every single post?!) for an answer? Should't my TICKET GIVE ME THE ANSWER when it's resolved???

I will point out that, on occasion, the problems for which I've opened tickets have been resolved - with no mention on my ticket at all, and nothing that I could find on the forum. When that happens, I quickly close the ticket for fear that someone will go in and start poking around and TRIBBLE it up again ... or worse!