test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

It's time to End the Fed/KDF war for good.

newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
I was just watching one of my favorite DS9 episodes and it reminded me that the best episodes were with Starfleet and the KDF fighting together.

One of the best lines in all of DS9:

Defiant is trying to finish laying the mines and is attacked by the Jem hadar - then she is saved by my favorite character(well also Garak) General Martok.

Martok: "You may continue your work Cmdr - I will handle the Jem'Hadar"

Jadzia "who says there's never a Klingon around when you need one!"

Martok - laughs

http://youtu.be/QkQizwbq7Rs?t=2m56s

A formal peace treaty should be announced.

(also cloaked self-replicating mines(non-tractor beam) should also be added to the game:P)

Edit : Also a KDF Bop should be able to decloak alpha strike and destroy a JHAS!!

oh and 1 more thing: The "fleet B'rel" needs to be modified to have 4 tac consoles to be competative with the Romulan "Fleet T'Varo"

that is all - for now :)
Post edited by newromulan1 on

Comments

• Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If any sort of war is going to exist, it should involve a territory control system.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Level 21 for a Fed.
    Level 13 for a KDF.
    Never really exists outside of a blink of the eye for a Rom.

They did end the War...long ago.

But as the server is named Holodeck, and almost everything has a replay button - you can replay the War whenever you like.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Level 21 for a Fed.
    Level 13 for a KDF.

But as the server is named Holodeck, and almost everything has a replay button - you can replay the War whenever you like.

There has been no formal end to the war.
  • Options
    tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Cryptic added too much conflict to keep up with via content, especially endgame content.

In the episodes you fought everybody pretty much. You even fought fellow Starfleet ships and personnel in a few missions.

Borg, Orion Pirates, Klingons, Nausicaans, Romulans, Remans, Tholians, Undine, Breen, Cardassians, Mirror Universe, Jem'Hadar, and Federation.

Only limited amount of endgame content includes all/most of them. The Fleet queues and No win are the only ones I can think of.

Need less conflict and more content.
    pvp = small package
  • Options
    korollynkorollyn Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Agreed, but there is one kind of conflict I would like to see, and that's dueling. Part of the fun of an MMO is fighting your friends to see whose gear is better. A friend and I have been wanting to try this for some time now, and its just not there. Fail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    korollyn wrote: »
    Agreed, but there is one kind of conflict I would like to see, and that's dueling. Part of the fun of an MMO is fighting your friends to see whose gear is better. A friend and I have been wanting to try this for some time now, and its just not there. Fail.

You can challenge any player in the game to a private match - just right click on them and select challenge - then select space or ground missions.
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There has been no formal end to the war.

And there won't be, till we purge Starfleet and the Federation of Undine, and seduce the Vulcans to march Beneath the Raptor's Wings.
  • Options
    erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was just watching one of my favorite DS9 episodes and it reminded me that the best episodes were with Starfleet and the KDF fighting together.

One of the best lines in all of DS9:

Defiant is trying to finish laying the mines and is attacked by the Jem hadar - then she is saved by my favorite character(well also Garak) General Martok.

Martok: "You may continue your work Cmdr - I will handle the Jem'Hadar"

Jadzia "who says there's never a Klingon around when you need one!"

Martok - laughs

http://youtu.be/QkQizwbq7Rs?t=2m56s

A formal peace treaty should be announced.

(also cloaked self-replicating mines(non-tractor beam) should also be added to the game:P)

Edit : Also a KDF Bop should be able to decloak alpha strike and destroy a JHAS!!

oh and 1 more thing: The "fleet B'rel" needs to be modified to have 4 tac consoles to be competative with the Romulan "Fleet T'Varo"

that is all - for now :)

What is this war you speak of :confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    How will we explain marauding doff missions if the Klingons and Feds aren't having a war.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    marc8219 wrote: »
    How will we explain marauding doff missions if the Klingons and Feds aren't having a war.

Don't get me started on that - I don't like the KDF being seen as a Farming faction.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    korollyn wrote: »

I don't think you've explored the UI much, esp. for the obvious submenu you get when you right click on someone's name...

Oh, and I am for deepening and widening the war. For you newer Star Trek fans, a conflict between the Federation and Klingon Empire is classic Star Trek. Just because the devs have a short attention span and have completely dropped the ball on every story arc they start, doesn't mean a Federation-Klingon War is not a viable backdrop for a Star Trek game.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Oh, and I am for deepening and widening the war. For you newer Star Trek fans, a conflict between the Federation and Klingon Empire is classic Star Trek. Just because the devs have a short attention span and have completely dropped the ball on every story arc they start, doesn't mean a Federation-Klingon War is not a viable backdrop for a Star Trek game.

The Fed-Kling war is something classic - that's why it's in this game to begin with, to appeal to fans of the TOS movie era. This game however is supposed to be set in the post TNG era. Reviving that war was a cheap trick to begin with and the given reason for the war - yet another occasion that shapeshifters infiltrate major powers which happened multiple times in the past and with 8472 Voyager even uncovered their plans and reported to Starfleet without a doubt - was a phony one to begin with. The only reason it exists is that Cryptic was going for a Red vs Blue PvP setup, a concept they lost interest in in the meantime.

The whole setup of this game makes no sense. It just serves the purpose of varying mobs to shoot. Think of it, it doesn't matter if you are KDF or FED the game is made so you can shoot each and every ship/race you ever saw on-screen, even your own - there is no other purpose besides providng a trek-themed shooting range ;)
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    bruccybruccy Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    totally disagree with the OP . the war needs escalated so we have shifting borders as planets get captures etc . never understood why this game is a themepark and not a wargame . CBS are totally comfortable with a fed klingon war and i dont get it
  • Options
    xpectadeth68xpectadeth68 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    All you tohzahs suggesting the war should end need to just sit down and shut up.Star Trek would not even BE star trek without "RED ALERT!!" "BATTLE STATIONS!!" "SHIELDS UP!!" "LOCK PHASERS!!" "LOAD TORPEDO BAYS!!" If they listened to all of you...then the next thing youd be whining about is there isnt enough fighting...and theres no use carrying weapons on our ships anymore.

If you think the war should end.,..dont participate in it.Just spend YOUR time with your little white flag exploring and let the rest of us worry about the glorious battles.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    PVP has nothing to do with the war....Everything you do it it's always a battle simulated mission anyway .....just end the War it's not even a War....ending the War wont affect PVP at all, just a bunch of War games as it is now.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    starhoundstarhound Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If any sort of war is going to exist, it should involve a territory control system.

THIS is what the game NEEDS. It would add to PVP immensely and add tot he depth of the game.

However, I agree with the OP, I love the Fed/Klingons being on good terms. I like the idea of an Alliance and I would love to see the war end, relations grow warmer [we can still PVP in 'simulated' skirmishes'] and a new faction take the 'bad guy' mantle whom we can PVP against in a territory control system.

Introduce the Dominion as a 3rd playable faction and start a second Dominion war with a new sector block [including DS9] that is 'winnable' for the FED/KDF & Dominion. It would be epic. Hell, add the Cardassians as a small Dominion faction to expand the war further.
    We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes. - Gene Roddenberry
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    starhound wrote: »
    THIS is what the game NEEDS. It would add to PVP immensely and add tot he depth of the game.

However, I agree with the OP, I love the Fed/Klingons being on good terms. I like the idea of an Alliance and I would love to see the war end, relations grow warmer [we can still PVP in 'simulated' skirmishes'] and a new faction take the 'bad guy' mantle whom we can PVP against in a territory control system.

Introduce the Dominion as a 3rd playable faction and start a second Dominion war with a new sector block [including DS9] that is 'winnable' for the FED/KDF & Dominion. It would be epic. Hell, add the Cardassians as a small Dominion faction to expand the war further.

That would be a great addition, though I'd imagine the factions being the Coalition (FED, KDF (Klingons, Nausicaans, Gorn, Ferasans), Romulan Republic (is de facto allied to both anyway)), the True Way/Dominion ('Core' Dominion (Vorta, Jem'Hadar), Cardassians, Breen) and a third faction could be opened up for people like Orions (since nobody who wants to play an orion wants to fight for the Klingons), Mercenaries of different origin, Marquis etc.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    YES end the war. we can fight along side feddy bears at times. but their can never really be peace until the Federation surrenders to the Empire.

So if you agree to these terms by all means let it end. our position has never been stronger . the romulans are divided. between the Empire and the federation. the feds can have all those unification sewer rats they want. im ok with our new reman warrior cousins.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• Options
    sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    War? What war? There's never been a war. Everything you've done has been on a holodeck. (Weren't you put off by the server name?) For what purpose? To evaluate your effectiveness for joining section 31! Sometimes just to TRIBBLE with you, they will put you in a holodeck within the holodeck. :eek:
  • Options
    icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sonnikku wrote: »
    War? What war? There's never been a war. Everything you've done has been on a holodeck. (Weren't you put off by the server name?) For what purpose? To evaluate your effectiveness for joining section 31! Sometimes just to TRIBBLE with you, they will put you in a holodeck within the holodeck. :eek:

its a Roluman trick don't listen... but feel free to report to the nearest Klingon vessel and turn over all your weapons . we will take care of you .
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Well I am fairly certain that the next "Faction" added will be a Cardi/Dominion/true way hybrid - then what? Another addition of this group to the Fed and the KDF - at that point the war would get extra silly. Klingons HATE Cardi's - well they hate romulan too - so I don't know - guess just make some more **** up!
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sonnikku wrote: »

Shhhh. You're almost right, but it's not Section 31 ...
  • Options
    lordvalecortezlordvalecortez Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There is a war going on? I thought that Star Fleet was doing training exercises with a few of its protectorate/affiliated member states. Otherwise, no sane government would willingly give aid to a hostile government or do joint operations with them on a grand scale. That would just be silly.
    Cheers from Antonio Valerio Cortez III, Half-Celestial Archduke of the Free Marches Confederacy.
  • Options
    skanvakskanvak Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I read that some want to end this war and other want to escalade it. I think we need both. Let me explain.

If we get more political combinaison that can evolve let's say every month. We can have peace between some faction and why not between the fed and the klingon, or we can have war or cold war (the uneasy peace between klingon and fed during TOS where no formal was going on but they were still fighting each other).

In war we can have what most propose which is territory control. Though remind that a war generally imply invading only one planet as holding a planet seem quite difficult if it is very populated.

I'd like to see the Romulan Star Empire story more exploited because that could be really a reason for the KDF and Starfleet to fight each other to sway the faction (or conquer world) in the Romulan Star Empire. I have Always thought that the Republic would ally with the Fed ans the rest of the Romulan Empire with the Klingon (though the klingon can jsut go for conquest on a weaker neibhourg).

I agree with the orginal poster on a point : in Star Trek, the political setting is not stable and can change quite quickly. We need this.
  • Options
    kain9primekain9prime Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    protogoth wrote: »
    And there won't be, till we purge Starfleet and the Federation of Undine, and seduce the Vulcans to march Beneath the Raptor's Wings.
    THIS

I don't want all my characters to be on Fed side. Hell, I'm in the process of converting most of my Fed side ones to KDF side Romulans.

No peace in our time...

:mad:
    The artist formally known as Romulus_Prime
  • Options
    turks1turks1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    For what it's worth, I agree with the OP that Cryptic should end the war. There is plenty enough out there with the Borg, Elachi, Undine, Iconians, rogue factions ie True Way, Marquis, mirror universe folks to keep the Kingon blood boiling and their warrior ways sharp. We can still skirmish in pvp, but end the war imo.
    I'm a lover not a fighter. But I'm also a fighter so don't get any ideas...
  • Options
    kain9primekain9prime Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    turks1 wrote: »
    For what it's worth, I agree with the OP that Cryptic should end the war. There is plenty enough out there with the Borg, Elachi, Undine, Iconians, rogue factions ie True Way, Marquis, mirror universe folks to keep the Kingon blood boiling and their warrior ways sharp. We can still skirmish in pvp, but end the war imo.
    Real world: Of course, this is fine for people who mostly, or ONLY do PvE. Getting more PvE missions from Fed side is about the only advantage I can see of "ending" the war. Lol, sorry, that's just not anything worth having an "Alliance" for. Personally, I prefer being in a faction apart from the majority of armchair Picards.

Game world: What does the Federation have to offer the Klingon Empire anyways? What is the point of the Empire NOT being on guard against people who let a hostile species run around in their territory? Feds try and avoid conflict. Klingons are proactive vs hostiles, as are TRUE Romulans. The ideology of the Federation and the Klingon Empire is and will always be at odds. If the Feds want alliances to destroy enemies - that's fine; they can come grovel for help. Anything outside of that is fodder...
    The artist formally known as Romulus_Prime
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,404 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Level 21 for a Fed.
    Level 13 for a KDF.

Well, not technically ended the war - but there is an armistice. Makes perfect sense for the Klingons, what with everything else going on in the galaxy right now. (See my sig line for the explanation.)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited August 2013
    Let's get back to TOS era Klinks / Feds ... and make it a cold war ... skirmishing. It is a lot more interesting and opens up tons of possibilities without actually requiring a bonafide conflict to be resolved through stores.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie