test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

It's time to End the Fed/KDF war for good.

2»

Comments

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Another problem is that this "war" doesn't achieve anything. Neither side tries to accomplish anything and I'm not even talking about a RvR territory system. Even the story around the "war" doesn't lead to anything.

Biggest gameplay problem is that most people playing STO are "gamers". "Gamers" want action. Wargames means action because you can shoot things and STO is at last an action MMO, so there's not much room to change the gameplay. But it is also this gameplay that leads people to believe Klingons are nothing more than cheap space orcs, though the "terran navy" aka the federation isn't much better off in this game.

But even lore-wise the war makes no sense since the Klingon Empire is already so weakend and desolated that they need to fill their ranks with orions because they're running out of warriors. And I don't believe every Klingon besides Worf and Martok is an idiot ;)
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    onyxheart1onyxheart1 Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sonnikku wrote: »
    War? What war? There's never been a war. Everything you've done has been on a holodeck. (Weren't you put off by the server name?) For what purpose? To evaluate your effectiveness for joining section 31! Sometimes just to TRIBBLE with you, they will put you in a holodeck within the holodeck. :eek:

Are we sure it's even Section 31 testing us?

THERE...ARE...FOUR...LIGHTS!

just making sure :P
    KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~ :P
    signature-omega.png
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kain9prime wrote: »
    Real world: Of course, this is fine for people who mostly, or ONLY do PvE. Getting more PvE missions from Fed side is about the only advantage I can see of "ending" the war. Lol, sorry, that's just not anything worth having an "Alliance" for. Personally, I prefer being in a faction apart from the majority of armchair Picards.

Game world: What does the Federation have to offer the Klingon Empire anyways? What is the point of the Empire NOT being on guard against people who let a hostile species run around in their territory? Feds try and avoid conflict. Klingons are proactive vs hostiles, as are TRUE Romulans. The ideology of the Federation and the Klingon Empire is and will always be at odds. If the Feds want alliances to destroy enemies - that's fine; they can come grovel for help. Anything outside of that is fodder...

^^Ah, finally someone who gets it! :)

I really don't get all of this constant complaining to end the war, what is it to you?
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    shpoks wrote: »
    I really don't get all of this constant complaining to end the war, what is it to you?
    I think it's just the issue that people prefer the TNG era canon where the KDF and FEDs had a loose alliance. That period where Martok could bring his fleet and help save DS9 and Picard can go to Qo'nos and help with a new Chancellor. It was a lot more into the spirit of Trek - especially since the Organians told the viewers the future was peace between the Klingons and Federation. So a war in this era just feels un-Trek and uncanon to many.

Plus, most of the STO players don't PvP. The war adds nothing to the game for them - or at least nothing that couldn't just as easily be called a "wargame," and treated as such. You can pew-pew the TRIBBLE out of each other without there needing to be a war. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I personally prefer the TOS era canon, and I am quite happy that I can finally be a Romulan Mini Skirt Commander (okay, Vice Admiral) flying around the galaxy in a Klingon ship (although I usually use my Romulan ships, since I can't get a tier 5 Klingon ship) and trying to seduce Vulcans so as to lure them to march Beneath the Raptors Wings.