test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Account Ticket Timeout (Resolved)

YEAH !!!! a new bug that makes a brand new experience changing toons!!

So whats the word on this lovely new bug.

EDIT: Per BranFlakes, this is now resolved. Source: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=11829591&postcount=14
~ Bluegeek
Post edited by english3 on

Comments

• snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    someone beat me to the punch on creating a thread for this account ticket thing. its apparently this maintinance today that created this thing to show up
  • english3english3 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am convinced there method is a crack induced high that says. break two things while fixing one.
  • kodaikodai Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    english3 wrote: »
    YEAH !!!! a new bug that makes a brand new experience changing toons!!

So whats the word on this lovely new bug.

Yep. I've seen this too. Started with today "maintenance". I posted it on twitter to the server up announcement and bugged it in game.

maybe if enough others do this, they'll think there may be a problem and fix it.
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yup, I'm getting this too.

Account ticket timeout.

Every time I try to change toon and it takes two or three attempts to log in with any character.

Things like this happen. STO is a complex machine and adjustments can have unintended consequences, but I'd like to see some acknowledgement and an ETA on a fix really soon.

Breaking things can happen. Sticking your head in your ears and singing lalalalalalaitisnthappeninglalalalalalala is not acceptable.
  • gonael77gonael77 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    wtf. Since patch yesterday i get dc'd every45-60 Min. After patch today i get dc'd every 10-15 Mins. Playing is impossible and thats at weekend.
    And now i even cant log in witout the mentioned error message

do yer patches at Monday then you got a whole week to fix your 500 new programmed bugs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jaguaro70jaguaro70 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Getting this also.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was just in the game last night and had no problems, but I noticed there was account server maintenance scheduled for today.

Maybe that was why you had a problem? If you were online, it wouldn't have kicked you out but if you tried to change characters it would've needed to talk to the account server.

It seems to be complete now, according to Dev Tracker. Is anyone still having an issue?
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Was loading into DS9 thismorning after the maintenance and got timed out less than 5 seconds into the loading screen.
  • raistormraistorm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    this bug starts to tick me off :( damn it just even happened while playing :eek:

edit: thats it im off the game is unplayable like this >.< flying stop and go till it kicks u out ... cant start a mission like this
  • hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Had it a few times myself. It sticks around for a minute or two, then it works normally, and then it comes back again.

So glad we had that server maintenance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    hrisvalar wrote: »
    Had it a few times myself. It sticks around for a minute or two, then it works normally, and then it comes back again.

So glad we had that server maintenance.

Its certainly intermittent, but its does seem persistent as well.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bluegeek wrote: »
    I was just in the game last night and had no problems, but I noticed there was account server maintenance scheduled for today.

Maybe that was why you had a problem? If you were online, it wouldn't have kicked you out but if you tried to change characters it would've needed to talk to the account server.

It seems to be complete now, according to Dev Tracker. Is anyone still having an issue?

Yes.

I've been getting this error all morning since the maintenance ended. Had no problems last night and the first time I logged in today was after maintenance. I switch characters and get the Account Ticket Timeout error and am dumped to the login screen.

Which for some reason still has my old Cryptic username and not my new/current PWE username, even though I have the Remember my username box clicked. Yeah, I know, old bug but still...
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited August 2013
    Add me to the list "account ticket timeout" - can't get back in.

happens when switching toons.
  • dorusnonndorusnonn Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    iamynaught wrote: »
    Yes.

I've been getting this error all morning since the maintenance ended. Had no problems last night and the first time I logged in today was after maintenance. I switch characters and get the Account Ticket Timeout error and am dumped to the login screen.

Which for some reason still has my old Cryptic username and not my new/current PWE username, even though I have the Remember my username box clicked. Yeah, I know, old bug but still...
    As he says, except I can't even login to play the game. Oh and that nice old 'REMEMBER' bug .. I wonder where McCoy is now.
    Being here since 2011 Spring
  • qwikstrykeqwikstryke Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yup bout an hour b4 downtime today i was gettin dc like crazy...made it impossible to do anything but i thought feck it there doing some "server maintenance" soon so should be cool when i get back....lol

now i cant change toon without gettin this BS "Account ticket timeout"......lmao

sort it out guys...seriously WTF

Cheers Stryke
  • snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i still get it even when logging in from launcher
  • captainkroncaptainkron Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    change toons a bunch just a pain.
    CibJ7qu.jpg?1
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    FYI, this is also being discussed in this thread, where BranFlakes says the report is being investigated:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=820911
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • o1derfull1o1derfull1 Member Posts: 294
    edited August 2013
    Just adding my two cents to confirm that I too am still havijng this issue, it only occurs when switching toons, but does not always occur when switching toons. When it does occur, it takes approximately 3 attempts to log back on and generate a character list.

Edit: Apparently this has since been fixed per the linked thread above. We shall see tonight! :)

::WARNING:: This game is not intended for use as a source of self-esteem.