test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

V.O.T.H. *SPOILER alert*

jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I do not think there is any chance we will not see the Voth.

They are coming to STO.

On my G+ Commuinity, someone saw a file that had the words:

Voth
City
Ship

All in the same file name!
Latest Tribble patch (spoilers)

Some info about the "new unknown" enemy and some other data can be found looking into the filenames of the latest patch to Tribble:

Geo_Ship_Whitebox_Capitol_Voth_Hull

and some updated art for some "minor race" ships.
Show less
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Post edited by jumpingjs on

Comments

• Options
    jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No one commenting?
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    so the Voth are coming home :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    mailman650mailman650 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm guessing a city ship will be the largest ship we've seen to date. What do you suppose they will say upon arriving in the Alpha Quadrant.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    mailman650 wrote: »
    I'm guessing a city ship will be the largest ship we've seen to date. What do you suppose they will say upon arriving in the Alpha Quadrant.

they dont have to say any thing just beam earth inside and Extreminate! Extreminate! Extreminate!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,109 Arc User
    edited August 2013

you know the usual... bla bla bla pew pew pew... while we're all shooting each other the Undine are laughing at us.... while the Iconians are laughing at them :/
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I hope the Voth bridge officer will come with decent space traits and be an engineer.:D
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • Options
    mailman650mailman650 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    How about a Voth pet? Perhaps have something like a baby raptor follow you around:P
  • Options
    tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't like you, but nice data mine. Fully expect this thread to get deleted though. It happened to the people who datamined tal shiar lockbox.
    pvp = small package
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If it's true...in before the purge...since when it comes to spoilers...Cryptic will start the Ban wagon....on that note...I want a pet Raptor
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    If it's true...in before the purge...since when it comes to spoilers...Cryptic will start the Ban wagon....on that note...I want a pet Raptor

There hasn't been a Raptr-Promotion in ages....
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    There hasn't been a Raptr-Promotion in ages....

I don't want that little Orange thingy...I want this Clever Girl
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I don't want that little Orange thingy...I want this Clever Girl

but i do :P plus it would now fit if the voth are coming and also who says it has to be orange it could be what green? but still be the model of the Raptr
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    daan2006 wrote: »
    but i do :P plus it would now fit if the voth are coming and also who says it has to be orange it could be what green? but still be the model of the Raptr

Don't matter to me...two favorite things I loved as a child...Dinosaurs, and Star Trek:)
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I doubt you will see it as an NPC ship, maybe in a cut-scene, but the Voth city ship is big enough to have an internal space map much like "The Vault". :)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Don't matter to me...two favorite things I loved as a child...Dinosaurs, and Star Trek:)

same here :) and Jurassic Park best movie of Dinosaurs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    I doubt you will see it as an NPC ship, maybe in a cut-scene, but the Voth city ship is big enough to have an internal space map much like "The Vault". :)

This is how I think we will see it.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    this thread is Against Doctrine!!!!

:)
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I predict that there will be space combat missions inside the Voth City Ship.
  • Options
    matixzonmatixzon Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Interesting...Totally called It
    @mawexzon

I like cats :cool:.

UGC Campaign: The Coldblooded Scrolls
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It doesn't mean a lot of things. There are a lot of files in the patcher, even a lot about "western foundry assets", including buildings and stuff. Yet, there are none in game, and I saw this files months ago (before new romulus). There are also sulibans and hirogens heads customizations for a playable character. Not to mention the MACO enterprise armor available as a costume in the foundry for some time (until it was removed).
    At least, that's the name of the files, maybe they are placeholders, or empty, or anything.

I think they added a lot of "possible" things. Things they want to do, some times in the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aaronh42aaronh42 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    matixzon wrote: »

That assumes the VOTH are enemies and not our Delta quadrant allies, we'll just have to wait and see.
  • Options
    johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    if the dev's have any sense of humor at all please when the rep system for the Voth goes up, the weapon available must be a chicxulub torpedo.
  • Options
    zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    matixzon wrote: »

Almost everyone called it when they started talking about a new enemy from the Delta Quadrant. :P
  • Options
    sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I want a Raptor BOff.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Not at all surprised.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    timezargtimezarg Member Posts: 1,268
    edited August 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Agreed.

Don't know about you, but I for one am pretty sick of the whole 'Iconian's manipulating everyone in the background' thing.

Agreed. It never felt right. Partly because it kinda goes against the non-canon depictions (from novels) of the Iconians.
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »

Well, there has been talk of a large multi-map space, kind of like a space version of Nukara, New Romulus or Nimbus 3...... seems a voth city ship may be able to fill that role pretty well.
  • Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Here's hoping they put 2+2 together, and EVA+Jetpacks inside the Voth cityship :o JETPACKS IN SPACE
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    aaronh42 wrote: »
    That assumes the VOTH are enemies and not our Delta quadrant allies, we'll just have to wait and see.

They can easily be both. The one episode they appeared in proved that. You have the fundamentalists that believe the Doctrine is completely true and they will do anything to keep it true. Even commit genocide and destroy a planet to remove proof that they are wrong. Then there are the Radicals that don't believe the Doctrine is completely true and will try to prove that they came from Earth. The Voth could be our way to the Delta Quadrant. Not many other races are willing to do that.
  • Options
    stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was in a thread discussing the Voth a week or two ago, here it is if you want to check out what we came up with.
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."