test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Support Page Redirect Issue [Resolved!]

If you were experiencing a redirect issue when you attempted to access http://support.perfectworld.com, the issue should now be resolved. Please post here if you had the issue previously and can now get to the page, or if you're still experiencing an issue and what browser you are using (please try clearing your cache first if it doesn't work the first time).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• talgeezetalgeeze Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No change for me.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited June 2013
    talgeeze wrote: »
    No change for me.

From my post above: "...if you're still experiencing an issue [let me know] what browser you are using (please try clearing your cache first if it doesn't work the first time)."

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • dmfreddie_1426533189dmfreddie_1426533189 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Woohoo it works again! :D

Edit: Just out of curiosity what was causing the infinite redirect? :P
    Join date: April 2010 ; Lifetime Sub since April 2010. Actual 1000 day vet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud Member of: Fubar Inc.
  • theparanoidtheparanoid Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    works for me at this time
  • ghost2448ghost2448 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Google chrome - Version 27.0.1453.116 m
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's been broken for so long I forgot how it was intended to work.

...So does this mean support will actually be answering the calls for help now ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you were experiencing a redirect issue when you attempted to access http://support.perfectworld.com, the issue should now be resolved. Please post here if you had the issue previously and can now get to the page, or if you're still experiencing an issue and what browser you are using (please try clearing your cache first if it doesn't work the first time).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

had the issue, is now working fine, awesomeness, good going guys
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • talgeezetalgeeze Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    From my post above: "...if you're still experiencing an issue [let me know] what browser you are using (please try clearing your cache first if it doesn't work the first time)."

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I already tried clearing cache before posting.

Tried on Firefox 21, Chrome 27 and Opera 12.

Edit : tried on another computer with the same versions of each brower, I never used it to visit any of PWE websites, problem persists.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Google Chrome 27.0.1453.116, all caches cleared, the link above works fine...just like before.

And at any attempt to click "Contact Us" or "Ticket History" gets me:
    This webpage has a redirect loop

The webpage at http://www.perfectworld.com/login/?src=rn&returnTo=0&error=7&lang=en has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.

Here are some suggestions:
    Reload this webpage later.
    Learn more about this problem.

Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS): There were too many redirects.

...Just. Like. Before.
  • idan359idan359 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS): There were too many redirects.

This was Google Chrome. I tried Firefox and Explorer too with no results. Firefox stated it wasn't going to bother as the site was "redirecting your request in a way that will never complete"

I could really do with this getting sorted or some email response to my tickets. The response blurb states that mail will be sent to the email address tied to this account. Has never appeared either.

All I wanted was to buy some Advanced Mesh Weavers for my Recluse carrier, is that so hard?
  • darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Problem still exists. German support cant help.

Browsers:

Safari 5.1.7 (Windows)
    Firefox 22.0
    Internet Explorer 10.0.9200.16635

Safari Mac OS X and on iOS has the same issues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • daelensaintdaelensaint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am having this problem with IE, Firefox, and Google browsers. I have cleared all caches. I have tried two separate computers. My husband used his account and has no problem reaching the customer support page. I log in, it is automatically directed to the Redirect loop. I have submitted an in game ticket for the problems I am having in game, I have been calling their telephone support number which has a looping message telling me all agents are busy, please go to the support website. I even tried the support Email to see if anyone would respond. This has been now 45 days since the original ticket and the problems started.

I am a Life time member for STO, I bought the Neverwinter Hero of the North package before they even had the Beta weekends. Just as the STO life time member I have been promised technical support for any problems I am having with website or games. At this point I'm considering a road trip out to the offices in California to find support and ask them in person what is going on with my account.

I am even still getting this message at the top of the forums here:

Hello Captain!

At this time, you may only post replies to threads that have already been created. After a certain amount of time has passed since your registration date, you will be able to create new threads in forums that allow it.

Thanks,

The Star Trek Online Community Team

Even after being a lifetime member of STO for nearly a year. About 45 days ago I lost all player interaction abilities in all perfect World games that I play, and was unable to reach the contact support page to find out why this happened.
  • shaltorshaltor Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Got the e-mail today (finally) stating my Re-Direct error was resolved. Logged in and....still not working.

Cleared cache, history, cookies, etc.

Not working across 3 different browsers, IE, Firefox, Chrome.
  • prynnceprynnce Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This issue has not been resolved, I cannot access the support section at all in any browser!!! I have ongoing tickets that need to be responded too.
    edited August 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

It has not been RESOLVEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!! Does PWE get the message, IT HAS NOT BEEN RESOLVED!!!! Yes, I am frustrated as I can get no support for another issue, because I can not access my created tickets.
  • sailorarashisailorarashi Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Works for me.
    edited August 2013
    prynnce wrote: »
    It has not been RESOLVEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!! Does PWE get the message, IT HAS NOT BEEN RESOLVED!!!! Yes, I am frustrated as I can get no support for another issue, because I can not access my created tickets.

I know exactly how you feel! Also, I think I'll scream if I get another suggestion that clearing my cache and cookies will fix the problem.
    edited August 2013
    Works for me.

Please explain where you live, and how it works for you ie how long you have had an sto account, what you are doing to log in using email or regular login? Because it does not work from here in Canada......
    edited August 2013
    shaltor wrote: »
    I know exactly how you feel! Also, I think I'll scream if I get another suggestion that clearing my cache and cookies will fix the problem.

No kidding I wonder if its a location issue?
    edited August 2013
    Just tried logging in from work....

The webpage at https://support.perfectworld.com/ci/pta/login/redirect/home/p_li/cF91c2VyaWQ9YXJhYnVzMTMmcF9wYXNzd2Q9JnBfZW1haWw9YXJhYnVzQGVwbHVzLm5ldCZwX2ZpcnN0X25hbWU9JnBfbGFzdF9uYW1lPSZwX3RpdGxlPXNoYWx0b3ImcF9saV9wYXNzd2Q9dGVzdF9zZWNyZXRfa2V5 has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.
  • darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Still wating for support too. Mail/ticket is now few weeks open with no response.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    When is this going to be resolved, sighhhhs!!! Not working for me right now still! I wish someone at pwe would let us know they are still working on it, and why it is taking so long.............................................silence is pwe/cryptic's worst enemy on an issue. Especially when the only way we can talk to support is through the forums......
  • moonradiomoonradio Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I had this issue with PWE for 10 years, it the longest time I have ever had to wait for an error to be fixed, it extra annoying when I work in game support myself but for another company and the fact that it actually took 8 years just for them to acknowledge that the problem actually existed and stopped just closing my ticket with no support at all, but by my surprise I find that as of this morning it working, it the first time I have ever been able to access the support page.

I had this problem for so long that PWE gave me a direct link to bypass the normal support system, only problem was it took around 2 - 3 months to get a reply that way, I just hope now this system will be quicker.

The last reply support gave me on this was that the issue was effecting staff's accounts as well and was an issue that was having to be dealt with by another team outside of the normal support team so they had no idea what was going on or how long it would take them to resolve, and that was from the 3rd line support team. So maybe it will take a little longer for some accounts.
    edited August 2013
    SO I tried Chrome today!!

The webpage at https://support.perfectworld.com/ci/pta/login/redirect/home/p_li/cF91c2VyaWQ9cHJ5bmNlMjAxMiZwX3Bhc3N3ZD0mcF9lbWFpbD1wa2FybG9zXzc2QHNoYXcuY2EmcF9maXJzdF9uYW1lPSZwX2xhc3RfbmFtZT0mcF90aXRsZT1wcnlubmNlJnBfbGlfcGFzc3dkPXRlc3Rfc2VjcmV0X2tleQ!! has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.

It appears this issue only affects some users!!! Could it be a tier 1 ISP issue?

What was the link to bypass into support that you got?

I would be glad to work closely with that team to get to the root of the issue!
    edited August 2013
    So the issue is a database issue between cryptic and pwe for old accounts prior to the merger of the companies ie atari days. Please see this link on their website: http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=54911&postcount=18 . So I sent the following email to customerservice@perfectworld.com directly.

Email Begins:
    Subject: REDIRECT LOOP * PLEASE FIX MY ACCOUNT in the database as per DarthPanda16 Tech Support

PWE Login:
    Crypitc ID:
    Your Name:

Source: http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=54911&postcount=18

"Update, thanks to the diligent skills of tech support, they helped get the engineers to see what was going on.

Customer Support can now fix your account for MOST of you who get the redirect error. There are some bugs with how Rightnow communicates with our account system.

Please contact support, and see if they can fix your account so that you can access your tickets and support page while logged in!"

Issue: Tried 4 different browser on 3 different computers on 2 different internet connection sources and unable to access support website.
    Email Ends

PWE REPLY BEGINS a few days later.
    Hello,

Your account can now access the support site.
    PWE Reply ends!

Voila I can no access the support. PWEBranflakes if you can sticky this solution it would cause a lot less frustration for people.
    edited August 2013
    prynnce wrote: »
    So the issue is a database issue between cryptic and pwe for old accounts prior to the merger of the companies ie atari days. Please see this link on their website: http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=54911&postcount=18 . So I sent the following email to customerservice@perfectworld.com directly.

Email Begins:
    Subject: REDIRECT LOOP * PLEASE FIX MY ACCOUNT in the database as per DarthPanda16 Tech Support

PWE Login:
    Crypitc ID:
    Your Name:

Source: http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=54911&postcount=18

"Update, thanks to the diligent skills of tech support, they helped get the engineers to see what was going on.

Customer Support can now fix your account for MOST of you who get the redirect error. There are some bugs with how Rightnow communicates with our account system.

Please contact support, and see if they can fix your account so that you can access your tickets and support page while logged in!"

Issue: Tried 4 different browser on 3 different computers on 2 different internet connection sources and unable to access support website.
    Email Ends

PWE REPLY BEGINS a few days later.
    Hello,

Your account can now access the support site.
    PWE Reply ends!

Voila I can no access the support. PWEBranflakes if you can sticky this solution it would cause a lot less frustration for people.

I'm certain several posters (including myself) appreciate the diligent efforts you've put forth. Unfortunately, your posts will probably get moderated due to posting private correspondence.
  • tongi02tongi02 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The funny thing is that the game was working perfectly two days ago and now my launcher wants to update every time I turn it on and then crashes mid load, But my tribble account and old CO account work normally just the STO account keeps crashing in mid load....:(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Always move forward, even if it's one step at a time..