test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why Does FED Get Special Diplomatic Uniforms And KDF Doesn't For Marauding?

blagormblagorm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I found this Did You Know in the Wiki:

By advancing through the ranks of the Federation Diplomatic Corps you unlock not only titles and a new uniform, but new powers and Transwarp options?

Only question is, why not KDF?

And like I said multiple times, New KDF costumes soon for Gorn, Orion, ETC?
R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by blagorm on

Comments

• flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The reason is probably related to why the KDF has the least of everything else (minus ships; that goes to the Romulans).
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • blagormblagorm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    flash525 wrote: »
    The reason is probably related to why the KDF has the least of everything else (minus ships; that goes to the Romulans).

Yep.... but THAT'S gonna change I know it.... NOT TO MENTION Romulans already have more costumes than KDF already.... as well as *pulls out long list* etc etc...

EDIT____

Change as in ROMS will be above KDF....
    R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Items and content for the KDF? Now don't be silly!

KDF needs more bugs and nerfs so that even less people will play as them, thus there won't be any need to develop any new "unprofitable" stuff for them.

Heck, Romulans are more developed after just two months than KDF is after over three years...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My Klingons, are warriors.
    Their armor serves them well.
    Leave the fashion statements to the perfumed dandies of the federation.;)
  • phoeniciusphoenicius Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    remember, that KDF marauder boff also can't be edited, while FED diplomacy ones can lol.
    cptjhunter wrote: »

worf is a warrior, and would like to have a word with you.
    edited August 2013
    [QUOTE=phoenicius;11733131

worf is a warrior, and would like to have a word with you.[/QUOTE]

The son of Mogh is indeed a warrior. That is why he has left the Federation of weaklings, and cowards, and returned to serve the Empire. He is a Man of action, not a chatty concubine. He knows my words are true.
  • matixzonmatixzon Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This may surprise you, But there is a reason KDF has almost no outfit options, The reason why we won't have Marauder uniform, Or Lieutenant General Coat (Even though Feds have VA Coats, And there is already a KDF general coat we don't have access to but NPCs wear), Or New C-store Uniforms (Even though the Roms already have more C-store uniforms that we do) is because Cryptic Just Doesn't Care About KDF.
    @mawexzon

I like cats :cool:.

UGC Campaign: The Coldblooded Scrolls
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Because the MIGHTY KLINGONS don't need FANCY DRESSES like you Federation Weaklings to show our marauding skills! So go on, wear your fancy and soft towel-wraps, EARF TRASH!!!! Our batleths will cut through them just as easily!
  • isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Because the MIGHTY KLINGONS don't need FANCY DRESSES like you Federation Weaklings to show our marauding skills! So go on, wear your fancy and soft towel-wraps, EARF TRASH!!!! Our batleths will cut through them just as easily!

Exactly! Can you picture a band of Klingons on screen complaining about such things? For warriors, some KDF players do whine a lot. KDF will never have the same level of content as FED because FED had far more screen time than KDF and the uniforms and ships changed little over the years.

It would be nicer to see more canon content ingame than cryptic-invented content designed for the sole purpose of evening out numbers between KDF and FED (despite there being way more FED players). Why fight for a very un-Klingon duplicate of a Fed diplomatic uniform (why on earth would Klingons need a special Marauding uniform??) rather than, say, the Makleth, more stories or voice acting? Seems an odd thing to focus on.
  • standupguy86standupguy86 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You know...If you KDF players ever wanted to get the bugs fixed, more uniforms, more ships, more customization. By now you think youd have figured out the trick to success....Playerbase.

Why do FEDs get everything? Because theres a massive playerbase and that means theres a massive amount of funds to tap.

Why do ROMs seem to be getting quite a bit of stuff as well? The Romulan Faction is new and different..Not only did the Devs invest time and energy into the ROM faction....But the Romulan faction has a ever growing playerbase of new players and old alike.

So how in the world does the KDF catch up? Simple..Start recruiting your friends to the KDF side. If enough of you draw players to the KDF or bring in new players more dedicated to the KDF then the Devs will be forced to give the KDF attention out of fear they could lose revenue.
  • drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't want a fancy white uniform with piping for my Klingons, and I don't think anyone asking for a Marauding costume option is asking for this...
    I want the greatcoat to unlock for Marauding, and maybe a Mekleth belt, some medals might be nice...

It's not about the fancy duds... Gowron recognised warriors into the Order of the Bat'leth (Dial 'M' for Martok, I think), so recognition of a job well done is established in Klingon lore.
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    phoenicius wrote: »
    remember, that KDF marauder boff also can't be edited, while FED diplomacy ones can lol.

If you can even GET your Marauder BOFF. My KDF hit rank 4 Marauding three days ago.

Can't get the ****ing BOFF.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    blagorm wrote: »

Why would they do something for the KDF?

Also, the diplomacy system rewarded the uniform. Back then Marauding didn't exist. When Duty Officers came out and marauding was created, Diplomacy was mashed into it.

It's kind of like comparing crabapples to navel oranges.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    PS to ALL those who go against because of "Klingon Honor".... remember there are some others than just Klingon... hence it be good for more C-Store Costumes AS WELL as a somewhat "neutral" marauding costume.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    matixzon wrote: »
    This may surprise you, But there is a reason KDF has almost no outfit options, The reason why we won't have Marauder uniform, Or Lieutenant General Coat (Even though Feds have VA Coats, And there is already a KDF general coat we don't have access to but NPCs wear), Or New C-store Uniforms (Even though the Roms already have more C-store uniforms that we do) is because Cryptic Just Doesn't Care About KDF.

Yes, Indeed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    phoenicius wrote: »

I know, that is ALSO annoying and sad.... talk about nerfing....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    blagorm wrote: »
    I found this Did You Know in the Wiki:

By advancing through the ranks of the Federation Diplomatic Corps you unlock not only titles and a new uniform, but new powers and Transwarp options?

And like I said multiple times, New KDF costumes soon for Gorn, Orion, ETC?

The KDF does unlock additional Transwarp options, though less useful ones. In place of Diplomatic Immunity, the KDF gains the ability to assign Raiding Party (both of which are of minimal value given the current state of Tour). The single enemy Bridge Officer you receive from Marauding Rank 4 is also the only method I know of to obtain a boff with the Leadership trait on the KDF side.

As far as the uniform... that part could use fixing. Until then, keep an eye on your Espionage assignments for Investigate Defection. This will give you select duty officers from the Federation. You might take perverse pleasure in assigning Vulcans to attack Federation targets while building up you Marauding ranks... I do :D
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
    edited August 2013
    The KDF does unlock additional Transwarp options, though less useful ones. In place of Diplomatic Immunity, the KDF gains the ability to assign Raiding Party (both of which are of minimal value given the current state of Tour). The single enemy Bridge Officer you receive from Marauding Rank 4 is also the only method I know of to obtain a boff with the Leadership trait on the KDF side.

As far as the uniform... that part could use fixing. Until then, keep an eye on your Espionage assignments for Investigate Defection. This will give you select duty officers from the Federation. You might take perverse pleasure in assigning Vulcans to attack Federation targets while building up you Marauding ranks... I do :D

Will do breadcrums... will do...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    *A lithe Orion Lt. General saunters in* Excuse me, honorable Klingon allies. We Orions are perfumed concubines, remember? We'd like more costumes.

kthxbai

*She strolls back out the way she came, leaving a lingering scent of pheromones ... *
  • tpolebreakertpolebreaker Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    foundrelic wrote: »
    If you can even GET your Marauder BOFF. My KDF hit rank 4 Marauding three days ago.

Can't get the ****ing BOFF.

Hmm I have 2 chars with rank 4 marauding... never got a boff that I noticed... is there somewhere you have to go to get it?
    Hmm I have 2 chars with rank 4 marauding... never got a boff that I noticed... is there somewhere you have to go to get it?
    Qo'nos

First City

Barracks

BOFF Officer Far Left, On Ramp
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • l30p4rdl30p4rd Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    FED diplomat, usually a dude/dudet coming to a conference/meeting to negotiate some treaty or deal should be dressed appropriately.

Klingon marauding through the galaxy TRIBBLE and pillaging, WHY ? why do you need a special uniform for that ? I don't get it, do you feel so left out of the dressing up that you need a new outfit to **** and pillage in.

Honestly Klinks are so demanding and they contribute nothing !!!!

Today is a good day to die, because these sequins match my eyes
    edited August 2013
    l30p4rd wrote: »
    FED diplomat, usually a dude/dudet coming to a conference/meeting to negotiate some treaty or deal should be dressed appropriately.

Klingon marauding through the galaxy TRIBBLE and pillaging, WHY ? why do you need a special uniform for that ? I don't get it, do you feel so left out of the dressing up that you need a new outfit to **** and pillage in.

Honestly Klinks are so demanding and they contribute nothing !!!!

Today is a good day to die, because these sequins match my eyes

Well, we do have to change our armor frequently. Starfleet officers are notorious for heavy bleeding. Especially the squishy Hue- Mons. Have you ever seen a KDF laundry bill? It's pretty expensive with blood, and blood wine stains.:D
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Why do ROMs seem to be getting quite a bit of stuff as well? The Romulan Faction is new and different..Not only did the Devs invest time and energy into the ROM faction....But the Romulan faction has a ever growing playerbase of new players and old alike.

See, you've identified the problem. The Devs invested the time and energy into the ROM faction. There was no Romulan player base when they were doing this. They released a much more fully developed faction than the KDF, with no player base. What is there to entice new players to roll a Klingon? Heck, a Romulan that chooses to side with the KDF gets the best of the KDF, while having none of its limitations.
    edited August 2013
    crusty8mac wrote: »
    See, you've identified the problem. The Devs invested the time and energy into the ROM faction. There was no Romulan player base when they were doing this. They released a much more fully developed faction than the KDF, with no player base. What is there to entice new players to roll a Klingon? Heck, a Romulan that chooses to side with the KDF gets the best of the KDF, while having none of its limitations.

Not to mention, the Stovokor missions I am running one of my Alt KDFs through, are completely FUBAR.If I were a new player, trying the KDF for the first time, I would find the fact that many of the early storyline missions are just about broken, bug ridden, adding a element of frustration, and possibly delete the character. I also agree that officer long coats are WAY overdue.I won't argue that the KDF is the unloved stepchild of the game. But that won't sway me from playing them.
  • lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited August 2013

The issue isn't one of "fancy" dress but of customizable variations in dress. Uniformity is NOT the hallmark of a warrior... that is the hallmark of a soldier. There's a tremendous difference. Can you imagine Samurai all dressing alike? Or the warriors who rode under the banner of Prince Saladin? I'm sure you wouldn't expect to see a Comanche war party or a battalion of Cossack horseman or a marauding band of Celts all dressed alike. Uniformity is for soldiers... the warrior needs to express his or her individuality and to assert themselves as an individual even when part of a unit. Perhaps ESPECIALLY when part of any unit.

As for Klingons in the series their behavior was all over the map. In ST:TOS they were generally portrayed as soldiers who like to imagine themselves warriors (but weren't, really). Rather like the Roman soldier who often thought of himself as a warrior when, in fact, he was a soldier... and remarkably different in training, nature and inclination from the Celtic warriors he often fought and regarded as hopeless Barbarians. Later the Klingons often seemed to be portrayed more as some adolescent American teenagers idea of a warrior... which is often light years from the reality of any true known warrior culture. For instance a true Samurai was not only skilled in horsemanship, the bow, lance, sword and dagger... but also an accomplished hunter, butcher, chef, Origami master, musician and even skilled in flower arranging and landscaping. They were often explorers accomplished in the arts and sciences. To be a Warrior is to own and embrace life and all it has to offer and that begins and ends with owning oneself above all else.
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I want my longcoat damn it! Hell, the Feds even get a special uniform option at Vice Admiral, that coat looks nice.

Hell, I'd even be happy with a "long vest" with medals.
  • bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2013
    The son of Mogh is indeed a warrior. That is why he has left the Federation of weaklings, and cowards, and returned to serve the Empire. He is a Man of action, not a chatty concubine. He knows my words are true.

The last I have seen Worf was serving on the NCC1701-E. I don't know what are you talking about. Anyway, a marauding rank 4 uniform would be pleasing.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was disappointed when my klingon reached rank 4 marauding and there wasn't any special uniform unlock. :(

Also, whey is it that rank 4 diplomacy gives you transwarp to DS9, but KDF get transwarp to beta ursae? (In a recent patch they changed the name in the transwarp menu. It now says 'Cardassian Space' instead of Beta Ursae.)

DS9 is a multi faction social zone so it never made sense that I have to travel halfway across the sector after transwarping there on my klingon.
    Oh and get this: KDF do NOT have a "Unique Costume Unlock" for tier 3 embassy, after unlocking the tailor. Feds get some sort of special embassy robe outfit. My KDF fleet has a completely maxed out fully tier 3 embassy with all special unlocks done and even all special 200k dil vanity projects to date. The only uniform option at the tailor store there is the fleet Botasqu' uniform that is a fleet starbase tier 3 unlock. NO special embassy robes or anything.

Also, at tier 2 embassy we were suppose to have the exchange unlocked automatically inside our embassy. It is NOT unlocked. I filed a bug report on these a couple months ago. :mad:

Edit: The fleet embassy was added when season 7 launched on November 13, 2012. Will we get these fixed sometime next year?
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bernatk wrote: »
    The last I have seen Worf was serving on the NCC1701-E. I don't know what are you talking about. Anyway, a marauding rank 4 uniform would be pleasing.

I remember something on the old loading screens. Sometimes there was text giving some info on the game or history on various things for the timeline the game takes place it. In one message it said something about Warf disagreeing with something the Federation did or was going to do and he left them.

Currently Warf is right in the middle of First City on Qo'nos near the door to the barracks where you train your boffs. (It's outside the Great Hall). So don't know what to tell you. I agree that the last time we saw him on screen he did return to the Enterprise E for duty, but in the game's timeline they made him leave the Federation for some stupid reason.