Install Arc
Options

Defence Contract - Computer Core Fragments Not Dropping

13»

Comments

• Options
    philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ran it again today on a couple characters with no luck.

Still hoping that a dev will chime in and let us know if Computer Core Fragment drops are dead or just missing in action for the moment.

L8R
    Are we there yet?
  • Options
    romeogolfromeogolf Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I did it three times in the last days, no computer fragments drop :(
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Going on the third month of this issue with no word. Can we get an answer about this?
  • Options
    indyv72indyv72 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well, since the newest patch today (Aug 15th) this mission is still not dropping the Computer Core Fragments. Too bad PWE would just put up a list of present Accolades and also showing ones that have been Retired and are broken. I know of at least another Accolade that is bugged.
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Is there any plan to reintroduce this, or are this item and it's corresponding mission being removed from the game?

If you're just removing them from the game, just let us know so we can finally give up hope.
  • Options
    drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just a question (as I have also had ZERO drops on any of my toons since LoR but gained the accolade on a Klingon who had yet to even attempt the mission once!), has everyone filed a bug report after, say, 10 runs without a CCF dropping?
    It's all fine and good us discussing it, but a couple dozen/score/hundred bug reports would soon make a difference and at least prompt an answer, no?
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I can confirm that core fragments are still not dropping. It's been months now.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's weird being stuck at seven fragments since May. I've run that mission dozens of time in my year and two months of playing. It's a nice little boost to dilithium every once in a while.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    captaind3 wrote: »
    It's weird being stuck at seven fragments since May. I've run that mission dozens of time in my year and two months of playing. It's a nice little boost to dilithium every once in a while.

Yes it is a shame.

I was able to run Salvage Dispute a least once a week. As it has been about 14 weeks, that's a loss of 20,160 per character. I did this with 3 characters, so my total loss is around 60,480 Dilithium.

My Romulan character recently picked up an impulse engine that may have been less affected/effected by the magnetosphere that surrounded the True Way base.

As it stands now I guess we'll never find out. :(
    Are we there yet?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Expanding on my previous post, here is a crazy number I'll throw out.....

That is the amount of dilithium this change has cost me. :confused:

Before you pull out your Romulan Flamethrowers, let me explain.

I used to run daily the Eta Eridani 'Trifecta' (Defense Contract; Traelus System - Satellite Repair; Sh'mar Distress Signal). And about once a week could run Salvage Dispute with my accumulated Computer Core Fragments.

I did this with 3 toons. But since this change I find little reason to go to Eta Eridani sector anymore. I now transwarp to my Starbase and out again, where as before I'd travel to the sector; do the trifecta; and finally stop in at fleet base before carrying on.

Yes I know, I can still do the trifecta, but it just isn't the same anymore without that little bonus once a week. :(
    Are we there yet?
  • Options
    seekeroftechseekeroftech Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    After running this mission a LOT of times since Legacy of Romulus launched, there have been NO computer core fragments dropping on any of my characters regardless of faction.

submitted ticket ID #1,997,402
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I've been running this mission now at least once a day every day on varying levels of difficulty with no luck in obtaining a single core fragment. Despite obtaining several rare loot items. Why is there this niggling little thought that the core fragments were part of yet another stealth nerf by the bods at cryptic? It might also explain why not a single dev has picked up this thread yet. I can think of only one other method to find any relevant information and that us to submit a gm help support ticket and see if they can shed any light on the issue
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    papertoastypapertoasty Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    add my name to the list for no core fragments

none since LoR; i even dumped the couple i had in my bank to free up that spot
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    In our continuing tale of disappointment, nothing new to report here. Ran it yesterday with the same predicable results.

Stay strong and hope for the best.

L8R
    Are we there yet?
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yep - I'm still not getting the core fragment. I've submitted multiple bug reports (latest was 2,058,501) but, as per usual for PWE, absolutely no response.