test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Would you play a LEGO Star Trek game?

kotacokotaco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Ten Forward
I'm sure some of you here have played at least one of the other LEGO games, I for one think they are a pretty fun way to kickback and relax. Less stress, lost of humor and always very detailed in regards to recreating scenes and elements from the movies they are based on.

So my question for you would be, would you play the game if it was made? I am hoping to get it at least considered by the LEGO group and show a strong interest from the community and support for the Star Trek franchise, and any help this community could offer would be amazing.

I know the trekkies are high in number and enthusiastic about the original franchises. I don't at all think it would be too hard with a little grassroots campaigning and spreading the world by all of his here amongst ourselves, to our friends and on other Star Trek fansites to reach the 10,000 person support we need to get the project considered.

If you are interested please let me know here and spread the word? I'd be happy to hear/ discuss your opinions and ideas for characters, level designs, missions etc.

If you'd like to support the cause it's easy, you can login with your FB account and just have to hit the "Support" button: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/44672

Best case scenario we get it done, worst case we show strong interest in the theme for LEGO and maybe a little chance to see the theme down the road. :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Online Gaming Clan: Clan mXm
Post edited by kotaco on

Comments

• Options
    jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Prefer the real thing tbh.

Would DEFINITELY play it though, and do want it made!
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No, the Trek universe isn't anywhere near as colorful and exciting as the SW universe. The Federation is filled with diplomats, not warriors and they've neutered the Klingons on Romulans into non-existence.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    kotacokotaco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jumpingjs wrote: »
    Prefer the real thing tbh.

Would DEFINITELY play it though, and do want it made!

Well of course :) But LEGO would be super fun no?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Online Gaming Clan: Clan mXm
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    kotaco wrote: »
    Well of course :) But LEGO would be super fun no?

If one had a lego playset with Lego Data and Picard, that would be more fun!

I cannot see it being a traditional lego game. It would mostly be a space game.

Star Trek Legacy (Bridge Commander sounds as good if not better) did Star Trek best, whatever anyone says.
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

• Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2013
    Forget a game, I just want actual Lego Star Trek kits!
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    tacofangs wrote: »

HEAR HERE!

I am in complete agreement with his Lordship.

I am still regarded as Childish by many people because I act out Star Trek whenever I am board, and get totally engrossed in it.

If you think so, then s*0*d off.

• Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, if they did it based on WOK, or First Contact.

I also want a Lego Back to the Future .
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited July 2013

I've wanted this for YEARS.

Problem is, it would heavily conflict with their Lego Star Wars brand.

But if they just made even a few sets, like the Enterprises, Voyager, Defiant, B'Rel, D'Deridex, and perhaps DS9 as a big set, that would be EPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC!
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    brickmasterjack8brickmasterjack8 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Yeah, if they did it based on WOK, or First Contact.

I also want a Lego Back to the Future .

P.S. http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=6975
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Yes please!

I'm not as big into LEGO as I used to be, but I would love to collect a bunch of Starships to display in my room. As long as they're reasonably detailed, anyway.

I used to have an Enterprise-D made of Mega Blocks (a LEGO ripoff brand) but I gave it away a few years ago. That was before I became a Trekkie. >_<
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited July 2013

yes same here definatley need lego star trek kits, STO lego kits as well :cool:
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Lego Star Trek could work...Would be fun to fly classic ships, or build your own! A game that visits every era, Enterprise, TOS, TNG/DS9/VOY, maybe even an STO tie-in? :P
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Do you have G-Mail?

If so go on the main Star Trek G+ Community , and share your idea there! They will appreciate it!

Anyway.

Get me my ENT-D lego ship already!

• Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    hypl wrote: »
    Lego Star Trek could work...Would be fun to fly classic ships, or build your own! A game that visits every era, Enterprise, TOS, TNG/DS9/VOY, maybe even an STO tie-in? :P

I once had the idea. Unfortunately, as would be the case with Stargate or SW: The Clone Wars, producing one mission per episode would take immense quantities of time (considering the size of the games I've seen so far, it'd be 1 game per season per series), so it's probably not going to happen.

That said, it's not entirely impossible that it'd include only the movies, which would be somewhat more manageable.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited July 2013

And yes, LEGO Star Trek, not Hasbro's Kre-O copies. I may not always be a dedicated brand loyalist, but LEGO is one of the few for which I am...
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited July 2013

As a kid have you been trying to build a Enterprise?
    I did, and every time it broke apart, lol. Maybe thats why i still hate fragile Pylons and huge sized Nacelles. :D

Of course, nowadays i would know how to build one and i surely would buy some kits althrough they will end up on the shelf.
    (what a shame we loose the ability to actually play with something like LEGO as adults.)
    I think having a Spok and Picard or Data Minifigure would be awesome.

But Lego Kits themed after a Movie are really expensive TBH.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    God knows, i would love a little lego shuttle craft built to scale around the minifigs, and with Star Trek there are a million different ships and playsets that could be made. The problem here though would definitely be pricing as i'm sure and Full ship would be upwards of $200. I would love to have a little lego version of my main character though...

Every so often i've posted on the possibility of Cryptic getting together with a company and doing custom action figures, but custom Lego figures would actually just as awesome and probably a whole lot less expensive (for a single figure at least).
  • Options
    mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yreodred wrote: »

Actually, on a per-piece basis, they aren't, not by a whole lot, anyway. The problem is mostly that licensed properties tend to have a higher number of large sets. The biggest sets so far are Star Wars ones, like the Death Star or Executor. They make the sets that large for licensed products because they know that the fans of the license will buy them, and are more inclined to do so if the item. It's easier to sell the Tower of Orthanc or the Millennium Falcon than it is to sell the "Lion CHI Temple" (from LEGO's newest in-house property) simply because of fanbase alone, despite the higher price point.
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Actually, on a per-piece basis, they aren't, not by a whole lot, anyway. The problem is mostly that licensed properties tend to have a higher number of large sets. The biggest sets so far are Star Wars ones, like the Death Star or Executor. They make the sets that large for licensed products because they know that the fans of the license will buy them, and are more inclined to do so if the item. It's easier to sell the Tower of Orthanc or the Millennium Falcon than it is to sell the "Lion CHI Temple" (from LEGO's newest in-house property) simply because of fanbase alone, despite the higher price point.
    In germany (where i live) they are.

I don't know any details, but there was some court decision involved regulating prices. Anyway, i think some licensed LEGO sets are actually very high priced, even if they consist just of one Minifigure and some other parts. But don't nail me down on it, i am not a expert in this matter.

If i had enough room and the necessary money i would spend some time with my old LEGO treasure for sure, but don't tell anyone. They already think i am crazy, lol.
    :D:D:D

EDIT:
    Man, that Executor looks awesome even as Lego set.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Why not both?
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    bumblebushbumblebush Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, IDK! If a LEGO Star Trek was released idk if i would play it.

I would much rather prefer the real thing over a cartoonish type Star Trek, cuz Star Trek Online is just more realistic and just as real as the series and movies. (Not the J.J Abrams imaginary Trek Universe):rolleyes:

"This is Admiral BumBleBush!..Captain of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "This is Fleet Commander BumBle!..
    Vice Admiral of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..
    I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
  • Options
    amahoodamahood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nope I wouldn't play it. I won't play any of those lego games. I liked building things with lego as a kid, but that was it.

Now all these things of batman lego and star wars lego, I mean..... if I want to play star wars, I'd rather see characters that look like human's, instead of ...block-heads.....

same with batman or Star trek....

it's just not logical to do otherwise....
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2013
    The sad thing is, this will never happen.

1) There is a perception (false though it may be) that Star Trek stuff doesn't sell as well as Star Wars stuff.

2) And more importantly, from what I've heard, Lucas has essentially said that if Lego ever picked up Star Trek, he would pull the SW license from them. Now, SW isn't his anymore, but I have a feeling Disney feels the same way.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yreodred wrote: »
    As a kid have you been trying to build a Enterprise?
    I did, and every time it broke apart, lol. Maybe thats why i still hate fragile Pylons and huge sized Nacelles. :D

Of course, nowadays i would know how to build one and i surely would buy some kits althrough they will end up on the shelf.
    (what a shame we loose the ability to actually play with something like LEGO as adults.)
    I think having a Spok and Picard or Data Minifigure would be awesome.

It depends at what scale you're trying to build at. At micro, hand sized scale, it would work really well. At medium scale, hand holding scale, it wouldn't work well at all. At large scale (2 feet+ models), you can build a superstructure out of technic bricks and bars to give things strength where they need it.
  • Options
    imadoctornotaimadoctornota Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited July 2013

1) There is a perception (false though it may be) that Star Trek stuff doesn't sell as well as Star Wars stuff.

2) And more importantly, from what I've heard, Lucas has essentially said that if Lego ever picked up Star Trek, he would pull the SW license from them. Now, SW isn't his anymore, but I have a feeling Disney feels the same way.

They have licensing to make both Marvel and DC legos, which is pretty miraculous, so I'd say lego can do just about anything.
    Thanks for the expansion that had "as much content as the last"
    9 Episodes = 30+ episodes...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

The obvious solution is to get Disney to buy CBS and Paramount. :D

BTW, they won't create LEGO games unless they can tie them in to LEGO sets, so no Star Trek LEGO's means no Star Trek LEGO game.

I've previously mentioned why ST LEGO's are problematical:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=8532051&postcount=16

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=8548601&postcount=25

Would love to see 'em. Not convinced we ever will.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    eppeeeppee Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    they have star trek sets, just not made by lego, they're by Kre-o
  • Options
    scruffyvulcanscruffyvulcan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The thing that irks me about the LEGO games is that they're always very good. Every time I play one, I think, "Why can't someone create a non-LEGO game of this franchise that's this much fun to play!?"
  • Options
    amahoodamahood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

I don't know, Disney seems to be all about toys LOL

I mean from what I remember , Lucas had said he'd never do another star wars movie, and also that he'd never have the original stars in any new films. Disney seems to be doing just that.

So I wouldn't be surprised at all if they do it.