test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ker'rat is awesome now!

sophlogimosophlogimo Member Posts: 6,507 Arc User
edited August 2013 in PvP Gameplay
With the fixed spawn points in Ker'rat, it is even more fun to hang out there! Sure, you need to be alert, but that is part of the fun, isn't it?

Yay to this fix!
Remember, STO is nothing but a cosmetics game, where only the rule of cool matters. The game mechanics are intentionally out of balance, don't try to "optimize" anything, as it would just frustrate you.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So, like...legit, honest-to-Q, totally and wholly fixed?
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mimey2 wrote: »
    So, like...legit, honest-to-Q, totally and wholly fixed?

yes, but at least one spawn point is right next to a node which can spawn you right next to a cube...and the borg don't mind spawn camping. Otherwise it's awesome!!! With all the spawns spread out, no more camping and less lag on spawn :) Thanks for the fix. Its been a long time coming :)
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    shyeah I respawned next to that cube, not cool
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Heh, if you kite things near possible spawn points...folks can even spawn inside them on the restart. Yep, it's fun. ;)
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well even if it isn't perfect, still, that will eliminate so many issues in the future. Though for spawning near a cube...eh, that just keeps it exciting. At worst, you die again and can continue the fight.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    playhard88playhard88 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i miss the crazy fights after the reset :(
    John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
    Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
    K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
    Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It is better than what it was before, but it can spawn you rather close to the Borg.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    playhard88 wrote: »

LOL, yeah. I kind of considered that a "feature" rather than a bug.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • Options
    ivantomdisplayivantomdisplay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    Ker'rat is boring now!

I fixed it for ya.
    [10:49] [Combat (Self)] Your Proton Barrage deals 96581 (43411) Proton(Critical) to Seto.
    Poor soul didnt have time to log out.
  • Options
    highlethighlet Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    playhard88 wrote: »

Warping into dpIII web mines was not much fun.
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    While the epic battles and the Red Fed glitch will be missed, the fact that spawn camping has been eliminated is epic!!!
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    zarathos1978zarathos1978 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I fixed it for ya.

No kidding. Everyone here was going ape**** crazy about Cryptic NOT fixing spawn issue and now you do not like it?

Anyway - seems we got first PvP-only fix since STO started. Good thing. I'm only sad that I wont be able to play RedFed anymore. But well...
  • Options
    jheinigjheinig Member Posts: 364 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2013
    If it's working as intended, it should also clean up mines and torpedoes on map resets. So, no more leaving mines all over spawn points for the forced map restart after completing a run.
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jheinig wrote: »
    If it's working as intended, it should also clean up mines and torpedoes on map resets. So, no more leaving mines all over spawn points for the forced map restart after completing a run.

thanks a bunch for working on it. now use it as a template to make more zones like this!
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I wish we could have a "classic" Kerrat instance where everyone starts at the KDF spawn and its still able to be mined. Thats a big part of the fun there.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, it was nice when the numbers were halfway even. When you were the only Klingon spawning in an Armada of Feds, it wasn't. And that happened often.

Sometimes it was the exact opposite.

But yeah, I didn't appreciate my T'Varo being placed into a very hazardous position because the instance restarted - and having that happen to a Vo'Quv built around MES is even worse.

And because I know somebody will inevitably ask "Why would you build a Vo'Quv around MES?"...

I built it for fun. Using a Vo'Quv as a Scimitar of sorts due to the battle cloak of the BoPs can't really deal a lot of damage, but it's a really good way of making hostile players really, REALLY angry because they can't hurt you. :D

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My only complaint, besides the spawning next to a borg cube (which I don't mind as much), is if my fighters are deployed at respawn and I was too far away from the spawn point, I lose control of my fighters and cant launch anymore till the old ones find their way back or they die.
  • Options
    s7ikes7ike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I would like to say, if you die to the Borg (as a pvp'r) you deserve it :D
    Unless of course you get insta vaped by HY plasma.
  • Options
    timezargtimezarg Member Posts: 1,268
    edited July 2013
    marc8219 wrote: »
    I wish we could have a "classic" Kerrat instance where everyone starts at the KDF spawn and its still able to be mined. Thats a big part of the fun there.

Eh, I got tired of the Feddies spawncamping us 50% of the time. Wasn't too bad if the odds were even, but most of the time the Feds would have the numerical advantage.

Now there's no spawncamping, and I'm fine with that. I greatly prefer smaller-scale skirmishes rather than big, lag-inducing battles.
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  • Options
    timezargtimezarg Member Posts: 1,268
    edited July 2013
    jheinig wrote: »

Thank you for continuing the work on the zone. It really is appreciated, a lot of folks spoke favorably of the change in the zone-chat. The biggest problem Ker'rat was having was the inescapable spawnganking at every reset, especially when unclassy players kept laying mines on the spawnpoint.

I think the only real issues left are switching to different zones and the glitchy Borg.
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  • Options
    shookyangshookyang Member Posts: 1,122
    edited July 2013
    s7ike wrote: »
    I would like to say, if you die to the Borg (as a pvp'r) you deserve it :D
    Unless of course you get insta vaped by HY plasma.
    Or flying too close to an exploding Tactical Cube while chasing after someone.

Happened to me more times than I'd like to admit.
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    timezarg wrote: »
    Eh, I got tired of the Feddies spawncamping us 50% of the time. Wasn't too bad if the odds were even, but most of the time the Feds would have the numerical advantage.

Now there's no spawncamping, and I'm fine with that. I greatly prefer smaller-scale skirmishes rather than big, lag-inducing battles.

But my tricobalt mines and consoles are gathering dust now:(

It leads to some pretty epic battles to where people try to find the mischevious cloaked brel mining the spawn and try to stop it before reset lol
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That would be so awesome... Klingon war themed they should be, I tell you guys - given the number of players per faction in the game, maybe instead of the Borg, there should be a Klingon starbase?

Perhaps... I would like to see a new zone setup like Nvak... where both factions come but get teamed together randomly on 2 sides.

It would be great for the zone pvp wise if when ever someone zoned it it would put them on which ever side had the least players.

No more zones full of 19 feds and one klink for hours... but a zone where half the zone is red team and half is blue team ALL the time... would be a lot more fun.

Right now Kerrat is full of great PvP for 1-2 hours a day... the rest of the time its one side being outnumbered 5 to 1 for hours on end. (which can be fun at times... but gets old)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I want to ask... can we have a Red-Fed button? A button that tells you you'll be put on the opposite faction until you leave the zone or switch back? Pretty please? It's an open PvP zone after all, I want to fight on the side I want to fight on.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    I want to ask... can we have a Red-Fed button? A button that tells you you'll be put on the opposite faction until you leave the zone or switch back? Pretty please? It's an open PvP zone after all, I want to fight on the side I want to fight on.

I know they considered the wrong side switch bugs before to be bugs... but ya

It would be awsome to have a

Enter War Zone button
    and a
    Enter War Zone Opposite Faction
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    echodarksidedechodarksided Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The only problem with the zone now is the player limit. STO should only have 1 zone for all open PvP maps.

Feds vs Klingons. Unlimited number of players.