Install Arc
Options

Is the New Enemy the Voth?

2»

Comments

• Options
    freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member Posts: 269
    edited July 2013
    Oh that is really great... Reptilians from outer space. The conspiracy nuts were right!
  • Options
    commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I hope not. I want a peaceful solution with the Voth, it's more Trek, especially since they are from Earth.

Also being from Earth, I have no idea what they have to do with KDF, Romulans, or even the rest of the Federation. The Voth should be allies against the Iconians, not enemies.

If the Voth get turned into just another Villain of the week after their great episode, I'm gonna flip a table.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If so, they shouldn't be - I thought Voy left them on semi-good terms? Besides, their ships are ginoromous....

cryptic always finds a way to add to the many enemies we all ready have and voy did leave them on a semi-good terms
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    timezarg wrote: »
    Nah, the terms weren't good. The Voth leadership rejected the premise offered by the existence of the human race and the evidence offered, and put forth an ultimatum in order to force the dissenting paleontologist into recanting his ideas.

So I would classify the relationship as 'icy'. The Voth aren't comfortable with something that contradicts their Doctrine, and may very well decide to simply eliminate any evidence of said contradiction.

It's an interesting idea, really, and it would be interesting to try fighting the Voth in this game. They seemed even more technologically advanced than the Borg in many respects.

They're easily the most advanced race we've met, they probably blow the Iconians out of the water. 20 million years of history and progress.. though that progress has been somewhat hampered by doctrine. which said Transwarp was impossible.
  • Options
    zztopperszztoppers Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't see the Voth being related to the Vorn. Only because if they were would we not have had a copy of Vorn DNA and traced it back to earth just like the Voth DNA does?

They may join the Voth as far as being a reptilian race. But not actually being related by blood and ancestry.

And the Voth did seem to have morals especially considering their advancement over the federation beaming an entire starship inside their Cityship. They still chose to let Voyager go inspite of the trhat to Doctrine. I dont see the Voth as being evil. Cynical and set in ther wways but not destructive or wasteful. And even hindered by Doctrine for advancement 65million years still would put them way ahead of any other species in the galaxy. Including Borg or the Iconians. One could conceive the Iconians in retreat upon meeting the Voth in the distant past. And the Voth being the very reason for this retreat. Iconians only returning upon having superior technology and numbers to attack the Voth and threaten their existence. In 65 million years the Voth would have had many enemies at some point! To have survived 65millions years shows adaptivity and resilience along with superiority!
  • Options
    omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Gorn might not be related to the Voth, but they might be the results of Voth experiments on xenoreptile species.
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i hope its the krenim or voth both had ships i like to see in lock box Voth City ship or the Krenim weapon ship
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    daan2006 wrote: »
    i hope its the krenim or voth both had ships i like to see in lock box Voth City ship or the Krenim weapon ship

Pretty sure the city ship would dwarf spacedock. That ain't happening.
  • Options
    dixoniumdixonium Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Pretty much. And since the City ship sort of definied the Voth, there would be little point in having them in the game without their city ship.

Nothing's impossible. Let's use a little imagination here. Our shuttles roam the inside of the Vault, which is mind-bogglingly massive. Replace that tiny shuttle with a full-sized starship and you've got the interior of the Voth City Ship.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dixonium wrote: »
    Nothing's impossible. Let's use a little imagination here. Our shuttles roam the inside of the Vault, which is mind-bogglingly massive. Replace that tiny shuttle with a full-sized starship and you've got the interior of the Voth City Ship.
    Similar things have already been done in foundry missions. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Vauudwar would work much better - Voyager didn't leave them on particularly good terms, they have subspace tunnel technology, and they had a superiority complex to boot.

The Vaadwaur just doesn't have the technology to go up against the Alpha Quadrant. They need to rebuild their society and obtain modern technology before they can actually become a threat. Having subspace tunnel technology doesn't help if you can't even defeat a modern ship.
  • Options
    chi1701dchi1701d Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited July 2013

THe Krenim weapon ship as you named it doesnt exist, it was deleted from the timeline in the episode.
  • Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Considering that in-game, we already have certain exploration missions that hint at a Voth-like presence probing into our space, and Stahl himself has hinted at wanting to get the Voth into the game proper, and they'd make a perfect antagonistic faction (with also more benevolent members in it, too!), it's highly likely that the Voth are indeed the creators of the megastructure from the concept art we've seen from earlier in the week.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • Options
    sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    chi1701d wrote: »
    THe Krenim weapon ship as you named it doesnt exist, it was deleted from the timeline in the episode.

correction it was NOT deleted.... the temporal incursion threw the timeline back to a point where the warship was still a piece of concept, blueprint.... it wasn't destroyed... only temporarily delayed in construction.
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • Options
    matixzonmatixzon Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, I'm pretty sure that Cryptic has not problem with adding any new NPC faction as an enemy and saying Iconians are behind them, I mean, Right now, Iconians look more like a free Diabolus Ex Machina (TVTropes link) for Cryptic to introduce new enemies, So I really wouldn't be surprised by anything.
    @mawexzon

I like cats :cool:.

UGC Campaign: The Coldblooded Scrolls
  • Options
    kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    timezarg wrote: »
    The Voth aren't comfortable with something that contradicts their Doctrine, and may very well decide to simply eliminate any evidence of said contradiction.

Or in otherwords, this turns into Halo...
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    All of what occurred in Dragon's Teeth happened during Voyager's stint in the Delta Quadrant. STO is set in 2409; Dragon's Teeth took place during 2376. The Vauudwar have had thirty-three years to get their act together.
    The Vauudwar, yeah, I remember. They were a few hundreds, sitting on a long dead empire, with 1thousand years old tech. Not to mention the hundreds of species that want them dead. Only 53 shuttles successfully left their lost world.

Do you really think they can be a threat to anyone ? Especially to the alpha quadrant ? I don't think they could threaten anyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darkhorse281darkhorse281 Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    cryptic always finds a way to add to the many enemies we all ready have and voy did leave them on a semi-good terms

From the Voth Matriarch in the Distant Origin Episode:
    "It would be in your best interest if I never saw you again"

The only reason voy was let let go was because the Voth Scientist retracted his claims on the distant origin theory. Had he not the voyager crew was on its way to a Voth Penal colony with the scientist.

Terms were not so great.....
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Even if the Vaaudwar somehow recovered from all the loses, That huge structure in the concept art still looks like something out of their reach, We know, However, That the Voth wouldn't have any trouble building things like that.
    @mawexzon

• Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    chi1701d wrote: »

However, if you pay attention at the end, when the guy is interrupted by his now live wife, he was working on tablets with the same informational displays as what was on the Krenim weapon. So it would be fairly easy to posit some idea where the develop is effectively "re-invented" in this timeline.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Mmm... I've noticed the concept art in the state of the game features a cold, snowy planet, I guess that is possibly one point against Invasion of Gornar, Although it probably is part of the Adventure Zone, And if Gornar is featured, It probably would be in the Gorn-Voth Featured Series.
    @mawexzon

• Options
    stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Does anyone have a screenshot of the Voth City asset?
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."