What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Someone has to say it... Klingons are cold

neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
The Empire is freezing and we need jackets

like this guy http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd192/rcvarr/KlingonNPC3.jpg

or this http://www.originalprop.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/klingon.jpg

and this would make a great Dress uniform http://www.startrek.com/uploads/assets/db_articles/6885b86da6a0fc0f50f75dd6c349f10539f46d9c.jpg

Both Star Fleet and the Romulans have jackets now, unless I pop out a winter jacket for my Klingon he is pretty cold. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
GwaoHAD.png
Post edited by neoakiraii on

Comments

• Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I agree and these are some nice examples you linked, especially the Dahar Master pimp coat :P that already is in the game, but worn by NPCs only.

There actually is one jacket that your character wears during the mission on Rura Penthe (one of the new ones), but we don't have that one availible for our chars as well. It would be nice to have it availible, even in the C-Store, it looked kinda' cool and if it's enough to keep me warm on Rura Penthe, it'll work anywhere. ;):D
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    timezargtimezarg Member Posts: 1,268
    edited July 2013
    Long coats would be great, I'd definitely have those as a pre-set costume option.
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    The Empire is freezing and we need jackets

like this guy http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd192/rcvarr/KlingonNPC3.jpg

or this http://www.originalprop.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/klingon.jpg

and this would make a great Dress uniform http://www.startrek.com/uploads/assets/db_articles/6885b86da6a0fc0f50f75dd6c349f10539f46d9c.jpg

Both Star Fleet and the Romulans have jackets now, unless I pop out a winter jacket for my Klingon he is pretty cold. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    I long for the day KDF gets to wear proper jackets like the ones you've displayed. Many others have posted similar.

This has been a repeated request for years.

:(

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    chainfallchainfall Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Motion Seconded.
    STO would have been better as a Stargate MMO than it is as Star Trek. Go figure.

~Karona@Sobekeus
    Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier Exterminatus
  • Options
    stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Great post, OP. Klingon jackets would be an excellent addition to the game and would provide some "balance" to the Klingon faction.

Also, some female boots like the ones shown on the Klingon warrior in this image would be excellent, as well as any other Klingon costume pieces and outfits.
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
  • Options
    mailman650mailman650 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Been wanting that KDF NPC clothing since S2.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,401 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    But...

Don't you know the ancient Klingon proverb that tells us "revenge is a dish that is best served cold"?

Well, they just tend to take it a little too literally in this century.:D
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    matixzonmatixzon Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think that coat that NPCs use should be unlocked at max level, The same as Fed's Vice Admiral Coat, Just for KDF.
    @mawexzon

I like cats :cool:.

UGC Campaign: The Coldblooded Scrolls
  • Options
    lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited July 2013
    The insulting thing is that dress dummy in the starbase displays a Bortasq uniform with a long coat, and one with a skirt for females ...

WHERE IS THAT FOR US?
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    More KDF uniforms please!
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I support more attire options for everyone!!!

But yes, the KDF needs to be caught up.

And fix that limited palette nonsense. There are Orions to think of, after all.
  • Options
    mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I want the Rura penthe outfit, it would be perfect for my Gorn Scientist.
  • Options
    rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes, more KDF uniforms please! I'd love to have a DS9 uniform pack and players have been wanting the jacket since launch.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    and for the female of The Empire http://media.lunch.com/d/d7/336489.jpg?2 any reason for me to show off the Duras sister's assets.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited July 2013
    I want the Rura penthe outfit, it would be perfect for my Gorn Scientist.

The fur coat that W. Morgan Sheppard wore in The Undiscovered Country?

I like that.

I know a lot of folks hate JJTrek, but I like the coats displayed on the Klingons.
  • Options
    mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The fur coat that W. Morgan Sheppard wore in The Undiscovered Country?

I like that.

I know a lot of folks hate JJTrek, but I like the coats displayed on the Klingons.

The one the toons where during the rura penthe mission.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQzo2mCyVG6BY1EP4CjW-5MMK9DvbVv0OLbxzSAJLipeeEs6fzs
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    and for the female of The Empire http://media.lunch.com/d/d7/336489.jpg?2 any reason for me to show off the Duras sister's assets.

Yes, that would be great for the female Klingons.

Matter of fact, even the Female Orions will approve :cool:
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    doubleohninedoubleohnine Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Klingons cold? What about all those internal organ redundancies? Surely all that extra fluff in your bodies keeps you warm. :P

Seriously though. Cryptic is always looking for how to make a buck. How long will it take them to get it through their heads they can make more money, or at least as much as ripoff lockboxes, with an honest sale of clothes and character customizing items. Two or three good clothing options could outsell a ship. They should literally let us walk down the Embarcadero with a mall full of customizing clothes for this game.

A few simple breds of DOGS and Cats (though I cant stand cats) as pets would make a KILLING. But where are they? :rolleyes: For the record Cryptic, I'll buy a German Shepherd. And I dont even like pets in this game ;)
    STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
    Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Crusader
  • Options
    javaman1969javaman1969 Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If you would like to donate a used coat or jacket to a cold Klingon. Please contact us at KoatsForKlingons.org. It's very cold in space. :D

Couldn't resist.
    His methods have become unsound.
  • Options
    fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    KDF wardrobe is far to fantasy, medieval imo. It has no connection with anything 24th century . I also noticed that it is all based on costumes from the tv shows and films. They developped technology to ga faster than light, but didn't get themself a proper fashion industrie?

The Romulan Republic has the best wardrobe at this moment and I do not mean the TOS and TNG series. Those have that kid-tv-show stuff idea. Cryptic has a very nice designers touch when it comes to fashion. I also like the games own designed federation clothes.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    fovrel wrote: »
    KDF wardrobe is far to fantasy, medieval imo. It has no connection with anything 24th century . I also noticed that it is all based on costumes from the tv shows and films. They developped technology to ga faster than light, but didn't get themself a proper fashion industrie?

The Romulan Republic has the best wardrobe at this moment and I do not mean the TOS and TNG series. Those have that kid-tv-show stuff idea. Cryptic has a very nice designers touch when it comes to fashion. I also like the games own designed federation clothes.

KDF players since Day 1 of STO's release have long clamored for Star Trek canon-like KDF uniforms. Stuff from the movies, TV shows, etc. are EXACTLY what the playerbase has been asking for back then and still do now. Browse around enough in the Klingon Gameplay Subforum and you'll know this theme to be true.

Just like Feds have access to alot of canon Star Trek uniforms, just like how the Romulans have increasing access to canon Star Trek uniforms, the KDF playerbase has wanted the same: Canon Star Trek uniforms. Uniforms closer to what Klingon characters used from the TV shows and movies.

The Klingons have never been one for "fashion." If you want "fashion" you go join the Federation or Romulans. The only Klingon character to really look "fashionable" was Chancellor Gorkon from "The Undiscovered Country," and he was only on his way for peace talks with the Federation for that movie's timeframe. Of course he would look more formal as a Klingon warrior and leader, and as befits the Chancellor of the Klingon Empire. Everybody other Klingon character in Star Trek has been in the battle uniform, or one of the many varieties of battle uniforms. And their uniforms are used to show various honors and awards.

That's Klingon uniforms in a nutshell, and the KDF playerbase has wanted more of that. This also includes canon examples of what little we have seen for the Orions. More options for the major races serving the Empire would be great, just like the Gorn and Nausicaan NPCs have, so too should the Gorn and Nausicaan player characters.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Why would aliens with an alien mindset consider the same things to be "proper fashion" humans do?
  • Options
    fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    OK, I'll bite.

If fashion is something Klingons do not care about. I presume you go for the most practical thing. When flying a starship, more or less work of a process operator, you don't need armour. The enemy cannot see you, so you won't make an impression and body armour has no use against fire arms.

Now I do not mind we have canon uniforms in the game for all factions. As a matter of fact it is a great thing for those who like them, but I cannot be enthusiastic about them. It is of course a matter of taste here but I think, looking at the non canon uniforms in this game, the Federation and Romulan Republic, Cryptic did a far better job than CBS.

The canon uniforms, especially the alien ones, are pompous and theatrical in most cases. Understandable, because the TV show makers had to come up with something, so the viewer immediately realized, he had to do with an alien. An alien that was no more than a human with a lot of make-up and a fancy outfit. Oh yeah, that is not from earth, definitely not, where is it from? From outer space of course, this is scifi after all.

To give an example. I love Star Trek and when the first movie came out I could not wait to see. I liked the movie. I think it was a very good story, but when I remeber the uniforms the crew of the Enterprise wore ... thank God we had that Delta women that was nice to look at.
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    OK, I'll bite.

If fashion is something Klingons do not care about. I presume you go for the most practical thing. When flying a starship, more or less work of a process operator, you don't need armour. The enemy cannot see you, so you won't make an impression and body armour has no use against fire arms.

Now I do not mind we have canon uniforms in the game for all factions. As a matter of fact it is a great thing for those who like them, but I cannot be enthusiastic about them. It is of course a matter of taste here but I think, looking at the non canon uniforms in this game, the Federation and Romulan Republic, Cryptic did a far better job than CBS.

The canon uniforms, especially the alien ones, are pompous and theatrical in most cases. Understandable, because the TV show makers had to come up with something, so the viewer immediately realized, he had to do with an alien. An alien that was no more than a human with a lot of make-up and a fancy outfit. Oh yeah, that is not from earth, definitely not, where is it from? From outer space of course, this is scifi after all.

To give an example. I love Star Trek and when the first movie came out I could not wait to see. I liked the movie. I think it was a very good story, but when I remeber the uniforms the crew of the Enterprise wore ... thank God we had that Delta women that was nice to look at.

I think you forgot some important details about Klingon mindest:
    they brawl, they fight and even in a fight that is not a duel to the death, they use...
    http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9930/4psr.jpg

so armor is going to provide a certain amount of protection against slashes.

Also, in a ground fight you're going to stand a better chance to survive light hits and glancing-blow-shots (sp?) as well as for example shrapnel from an exploding rock (when your enemy accidentally hits it with an energy-weapon on a high setting)
    And far more importantly: they provide a certain amount of defense against those pesky consoles that usually kill your average Stafleet Redshirt.
    Another important detail is that most M-class planets are colder than the Klingon homeworld and Klingons can't stand cold really well (Voy:"Desplaced", DS9:"Change of Heart") so the thick leather also provides some protection there.
  • Options
    xpectadeth68xpectadeth68 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I agree with this.If the devs can add in those stupid sunglasses and flower child outfits from risa,they can add the high council coat vests for the warriors of the empire.
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Still waiting for the 'TRIBBLE window' and the 'shredder' look on the KHG costume to get fixed .

After that we can talk new costumes .
  • Options
    commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Translation: It doesn't fit my preconceived notions of what future fashion should be, even though they're aliens, so they must just be backwards hobos with no fashion sense.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Those coats and the helmets as well would be a really cool adition to the KDF set of outfits, but I'm not sure if they could make them due to liscencing issues. I hope they could. :)
    A few simple breds of DOGS and Cats (though I cant stand cats) as pets would make a KILLING. But where are they? :rolleyes: For the record Cryptic, I'll buy a German Shepherd. And I dont even like pets in this game ;)

I'm buying a cat and a beagle pet yesterday, please! Why those are not availible is beyond me.

Few points:

- For the Klignons or anyone else in the universe it's not the 24-th century.
    - Not all species of the universe consider the fashion industry a priority in their evolution.
    - Evaluating alien uniforms by human standards in incredibly shortsighted.
    - Expecting alien species to have human taste in fashion is even more shortsighted.

Now, I agree that the Romulan Republic standard uniforms (Rep.1 & Rep.2) are really amazing and cool looking, but for Romulans. They'd never look the same on a Klingon and I'd never put somthing like that on my KDF chars. They'd also feel and look weird on Starfleet officer. The part of them being cool and looking good is the fact that they are created to fit the Republic, it's birth and evolution and the principles and beliefs the Republic is established.

The KDF is seriously lacking in the costume department. I say let the devs. make the uniforms we have already seen in the shows first, before they start creating new stuff from scratch. So far they haven't even made availible the ones that already are in game, but for KDF NPCs only.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I SO want that jacket from the Rura Pentha mission. It's the best looking outfit in the game for my Klingon female toon.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG