Install Arc
Options

Someone has to say it... Klingons are cold

2»

Comments

• Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Oh and Fingerless gloves, for the love of all things QolyThe ROMULANS get them for allying with the KDF....How does the KDF still not have them. :confused:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Y'all still don't get it. The KDF is considered a 3rd rate member base by the Devs.

My Reman toon has way more clothes options than any regular KDF toon.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Oh and Fingerless gloves, for the love of all things QolyThe ROMULANS get them for allying with the KDF....How does the KDF still not have them. :confused:

We gave all the gloves we had to the Romulans that allied with us. :P :D
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    shpoks wrote: »
    We gave all the gloves we had to the Romulans that allied with us. :P :D

My fingers need BREATHING ROOM!!!:D
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    timezargtimezarg Member Posts: 1,268
    edited July 2013
    If you would like to donate a used coat or jacket to a cold Klingon. Please contact us at KoatsForKlingons.org. It's very cold in space. :D

Couldn't resist.

In space, all warriors are cold warriors.
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  • Options
    timezargtimezarg Member Posts: 1,268
    edited July 2013
    shpoks wrote: »

Few points:

- For the Klignons or anyone else in the universe it's not the 24-th century.
    - Not all species of the universe consider the fashion industry a priority in their evolution.
    - Evaluating alien uniforms by human standards in incredibly shortsighted.
    - Expecting alien species to have human taste in fashion is even more shortsighted.

Agreed. I find this human-centric mindset extremely prevalent amongst fans of the Federation. I suppose they can't really help it, considering that all the shows were structured to represent 'human values' and 'human viewpoints'. Very rarely do you get a truly alien perspective on things. . .closest we get is with characters like Garak and Quark in DS9, and a few others. Most aliens are just 'funny looking people who have absorbed human values'.

Klingon warriors do not particularly care for fripperies, but our uniforms do present a few practical purposes. There's also the side benefit of our 'uncomfortable' uniforms and ships keeping our warriors alert and ready for battle.
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Translation: It doesn't fit my preconceived notions of what future fashion should be, even though they're aliens, so they must just be backwards hobos with no fashion sense.

No, futuristic fashion must involve SPANDEX. Yeah!!!!
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    timezarg wrote: »
    Agreed. I find this human-centric mindset extremely prevalent amongst fans of the Federation. I suppose they can't really help it, considering that all the shows were structured to represent 'human values' and 'human viewpoints'. Very rarely do you get a truly alien perspective on things. . .closest we get is with characters like Garak and Quark in DS9, and a few others. Most aliens are just 'funny looking people who have absorbed human values'.

Klingon warriors do not particularly care for fripperies, but our uniforms do present a few practical purposes. There's also the side benefit of our 'uncomfortable' uniforms and ships keeping our warriors alert and ready for battle.

Uncomfortable by human(oid) standards.

from "Sons of Mogh":
    WORF: This is a message from Starfleet Command requesting an update on our defence systems.
    ODO: I'd say your brother's doing well, Commander. He's been on the job six hours and he's only killed four Boslics so far. Kira's right. You do need a sense of humour. He's quite good, actually. A little stern, but he never steps over the line. I'm finding him to be a pleasant surprise.
    WORF: I am gratified to hear that.
    ODO: I'm sure you are. Well, thanks for the report, Commander. I'll give it my immediate attention.
    KURN: Brother.
    WORF: Kurn.
    KURN: I hate this uniform.
    WORF: I understand. The transition will probably be difficult for some time.
    KURN: That's not what I mean. I have accepted the transition. I am a Bajoran security officer. The uniform is simply uncomfortable.
    WORF: I see.
    KURN: But I will get used to it. You need not concern yourself with me, brother. I won't disgrace you.

Remember how HAPPY Kurn looked when he got a chance to put on a KDF uniform again?
    He looked like a kid that got a bike for christmas.;)