test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legacy of Romulus Dev Blog #33

Comments

• daemonhelddaemonheld Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    are the rommies not getting accsess to specials boffs? like the fed android? :( such a shame

As a Romulan, you claim your faction's android.. I hate this, as I don't WANT fed/kdf officers on my ships... but, c'est la vie, no? <sigh>
  • overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mav75 wrote: »
    The Daeinos looks nice, too bad it's outclassed by every tactical warbird in the Romulan arsenal (Ha'feh, Mogai, Dhelan).

The Gig also looks nice. I need to run the Vault again to outfit mine with proper disruptors however. ;)

Just use regular weapons, those shuttle beams are useless. You don't really need a 360 degree weapon in a ship that turns that fast.

What's with the crummy shield modifier? .83?! The T'varo has better shields!
  • rakhohl#4803 rakhohl Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As a hardcore Rihannsu fan, I'm very pleased with these Vet rewards. While I certainly wouldn't mind a better shield mod and another console, I'm not too worried about it. I think the special features will balance it out, for me. I currently fly a T'Varo refit (non-fleet). So, it is less shield mod, higher turn but much more hull but otherwise pretty similar. I'm not much on PvP or STFs, but I can understand why some may not be thrilled. I'm more concerned with look-and-feel and that ship is wicked.

The dress uniform is excellent, as is the Vet skin, Captain's Gig, and admiral's uniform. Really well done, all around.

I'm a pretty happy green-blooded-hobgoblin right now.
    lljAN7v.png
  • theantisainttheantisaint Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    .83 Shield modifier? Well, people are definitely going to have a blast with that ship...it will make a lot of players experts at respawning. Ship looks great, but that shield modifier says, "keep me in the garage and only take me around the block once a week." You can do better than that.
  • branericbraneric Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's also worth noting that the .83 shield mod is likely to balance the Regenerative Mode having both a bonus to Aux (making shield heals better), extra shield systems skill, and a shield-draining beam.
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Cryptic did a nice job on reskinning the Winter Jacket, Sierra 1 Uniform, and Sierra 1 Skirt.

Everything looks classy.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is great and all, but if they could not get half the Veteran rewards to work on tribble, properly.
    I do not hold out much hope for live....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Artistically I love the look of everything on that blog page. I'm with Starfish, the Daeinos reminds me of Battle of the Planets' Phoenix. It's fantastic looking! The Gig is cool, as is the new skin (that I look forward to using).

Being a fashionista, I'm scheduling my tailor visit for the new threads. They look snappy! :D

It's a sad fact though, that I'll probably never fly the Daeinos. It's simply not competitive with only 9 console slots. Please upgrade the Vet Ships (for all three factions) to have 10 slots. There is some precedent for this, when in the past you tacked on an extra console slot to ships in the past. Also, I don't get why the Daeinos has a 0.83 Shield Modifier.
    daemonheld wrote: »
    As a Romulan, you claim your faction's android.. I hate this, as I don't WANT fed/kdf officers on my ships... but, c'est la vie, no? <sigh>
    Agreed +1.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • twistedvaccinetwistedvaccine Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Im in agreement, or even if thats not possible.. at least let us stick it in Romulan uniform..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The cosmetic stuff is nice, but the ship/shuttle appear sort of meh. They look pretty, though.

The ship... well, you've hopefully already read the previous postings concerning its inferiority to other Romulan vessels. By all appearances, they chose to simply Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V the base stats of the Peghqu'... forgetting that the Singularity Core is the balance to the Romulan Battlecloak, rather than decreased shielding for the Klingon Battlecloak. And dontdrunkimshoot has a good point about the need for all of the vet ships to have Fleet variants available.

The shuttle also suffers from the Singularity Core, though the extremely limited boff seating on small craft actually helps make the Singularity Powers more valuable by comparison. I did notice, however, that there was no mention of it having Emergency Power to Shields as an innate ability, something Federation and Klingon vet shuttles do have. Hopefully, though, this is just an oversight in the description rather than the shuttle itself.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is that 2 device slots for the Daeinos a typo?
  • rickdias5500rickdias5500 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Wow a Romulan copy of the same thing the other two factions have , how original. Here is an idea how about we come up with something more ahh how do say..... more Romulan. seeing that they have always favored torpedoes over anything else. How about something along that line.
    wile were on the subject of things that are Romulan how about you stop with all the non-cannon plasma weapon TRIBBLE. they suck as a type of energy weapon . OK they are in the game fine. let the AI controlled Borg bots and a few Vulcan science ships use them. and that is about it . whoopee the silly thing may once and a wile cause a stupid plasma POC on the target once every other blue moon. big deal. As energy weapons they suck.
    edited July 2013
    daboholic wrote: »
    Is that 2 device slots for the Daeinos a typo?

I noticed that and was hoping it was a simple mistake...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Federation and Klingon Captain's Yachts both have an innate EPtS ability. The Singularity Jump isn't really a substitute.
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited July 2013
    braneric wrote: »
    It's also worth noting that the .83 shield mod is likely to balance the Regenerative Mode having both a bonus to Aux (making shield heals better), extra shield systems skill, and a shield-draining beam.

The low shield mods original intention was to balance the KDF version having a battlecloak

Current stats

Chimera
    hull 34,500
    shld mod 0.9
    crew 750
    9 consoles
    TRIBBLE
    xx
    xxxx
    no cloak

Peghqu'
    hull 34,500
    shld mod 0.833
    crew 750
    9 consoles
    TRIBBLE
    xx
    xxxx
    battlecloak

Daeinos
    hull 34,500
    shld mod 0.83
    crew 750
    9 consoles
    TRIBBLE
    xx
    xxxx
    romulan battlecloak
    singularity abilities

I'll venture a guess that alot of vets would be happy with this as a compromise.....

Proposed stats

Chimera
    hull 34,500
    shld mod 1.05
    crew 750
    10 consoles
    TRIBBLE
    TRIBBLE
    xxxx
    no cloak

Peghqu'
    hull 34,500
    shld mod 0.95
    crew 750
    10 consoles
    TRIBBLE
    TRIBBLE
    xxxx
    battlecloak

Daeinos
    hull 34,500
    shld mod 0.95
    crew 750
    10 consoles
    TRIBBLE
    TRIBBLE
    xxxx
    romulan battlecloak
    singularity abilities

you get an extra science console to synergize with the ships 2-Universal stations and boosted shield mods across the board with out making any too powerful, fleet ships are still better but it is a nice almost fleet ship.

;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aramyllaramyll Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Please, oh please do not make the tactical mode look like that, I always imagined that the wings would swoop further up even more while in tactical mode not that the nacelles would hunker down, that makes the ship look like a freaking mogai, or a bop. the ship looks totally weird with the nacelles under the wings. Also why haven't these ships (vet ships) been upgraded to fleet versions and been given updated stats. Right now it is so easy to get a fleet ship that has considerable better stats than all of these state of the art prototype destroyers, they should be given something more unique other than the single DTS console. With LOR you added small console sets to the romulan ships, I think u should add this to all other c store ships as well as the vet ships. or if u want give the shuttles a console that you can only use on the vet ship and it gives a set bonus.

ive been reading a lot about people saying that they shouldn't make a fleet version of the ship, and to those people I say shh, just because there is a fleet version doesn't mean everyone is going to have it, just add a pre-req that u need to a 1000 or even 1200 vet to get a fleet version. So many things can be added here.

why does the romulan version only have 2 device slots vs 3 on the chimera and the kdf version ?
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    For those of us who have done our 1000 day Vet rewards and have since switched to F2P will we be able to claim these since we have unlocked veteran rewards like we can claim existing rewards on new toons?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • venetar90venetar90 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Details about the upcoming Romulan Veteran Rewards are shared in this entry of the Legacy of Romulus News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.

What happened to the picture of the reman shoulder pads and cape we saw in the first massively article ? What was that all about? No vet costume piece for remans? Why'd they use that picture in the first article then?

http://i.massively.joystiq.com/2013/07/08/captains-log-interview-with-star-trek-onlines-al-rivera-part/

Look at the last picture on that article and tell me that shouldn't already be part of the reman nemesis uniform. It isn't!
    [/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    wolfpacknz wrote: »
    For those of us who have done our 1000 day Vet rewards and have since switched to F2P will we be able to claim these since we have unlocked veteran rewards like we can claim existing rewards on new toons?

If youre over 1000 days you wont have a problem with any of the new rewards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Love the vet ship skin. Will be using that for sure. Not sure on the uniforms, I think I'll have to play around with them in the tailor first.

I'm going to have to echo some of the posts on the Daeinos though. It's just not up to par. I'll stay with my Fleet Dhelan. It looks nice though.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Couldn't agree more since as a romulan I'm meant to be in my own faction not some one else's.
  • ocp001ocp001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Looks great all around, but I agree with everyone else, the ships are not competative anymore. Consoles need to be bumped to 10 slots, and a fleet version. The fed chimera guppy still needs some hulldroxycut for it's gut...
  • tlamstriketlamstrike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Looking forward to these ships and uniforms! I'm thinking of an AtB plasma Beam-a-scort just to make people rage when I kill them. :cool:

Oh and seriously; I'm not trying to be a jerk, but if you can't build an effective ship that has 9 console slots I doubt you can build an effective one with 10. The addition of another console can only make an effective ship better, its absence won't break an already effective ship. A ship that already doesn't work will not become effective by one additional console. ;)
    My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug. :D
  • flatmattflatmatt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    malkarris wrote: »
    So, from other things, it looks like the Rom Vet shuttle has two skins, one the scout ship and the other the "science" ship. Is that correct?
    I hope not. The Science Ship is supposed to be much bigger, and I was *really* hoping we'd get another science ship (that one) some day.

Dn'Dok, son of Ladok - Klingon/Romulan Engineer ~~ Mosa M'ren-faa - Ferasan Tactical
    Krushan Twinn - Orion Science
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    IMO the Cryptic's best ship design (i don't like so much that fat ha'feh , ha'apax etc. )
    Stats are good , except shield mod. Ship which is large as a Mogai should have comparable shields (shields 1.0), hull can be 36k (a little bit more than fleet dhelan)
    People who wants 10th console slot must realize that Tachyon Inversion Beam + Plasma Lotus are 2 in 1
    This Daeinos is very nice that the statistics were worse than a fleet ship, which is cheaper to obtain. With this boat you (PWE) could get back some more lifetimers.

BTW my idea on next romulan ship - cruiser :)
    http://th00.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2011/189/5/8/kerchan_class_data_sheet_by_euderion-d3lf290.jpg
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kapla1755 wrote: »
    The low shield mods original intention was to balance the KDF version having a battlecloak

Current stats

Chimera
    hull 34,500
    shld mod 0.9
    crew 750
    9 consoles
    TRIBBLE
    xx
    xxxx
    no cloak

Peghqu'
    hull 34,500
    shld mod 0.833
    crew 750
    9 consoles
    TRIBBLE
    xx
    xxxx
    battlecloak

Daeinos
    hull 34,500
    shld mod 0.83
    crew 750
    9 consoles
    TRIBBLE
    xx
    xxxx
    romulan battlecloak
    singularity abilities

I'll venture a guess that alot of vets would be happy with this as a compromise.....

Proposed stats

Chimera
    hull 34,500
    shld mod 1.05
    crew 750
    10 consoles
    TRIBBLE
    TRIBBLE
    xxxx
    no cloak

Peghqu'
    hull 34,500
    shld mod 0.95
    crew 750
    10 consoles
    TRIBBLE
    TRIBBLE
    xxxx
    battlecloak

Daeinos
    hull 34,500
    shld mod 0.95
    crew 750
    10 consoles
    TRIBBLE
    TRIBBLE
    xxxx
    romulan battlecloak
    singularity abilities

you get an extra science console to synergize with the ships 2-Universal stations and boosted shield mods across the board with out making any too powerful, fleet ships are still better but it is a nice almost fleet ship.

;)

I would like to see this. And it makes each one a bit better with each one getting a slight lift.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    are the rommies not getting accsess to specials boffs? like the fed android? :( such a shame

Romulan can get access to the Vertan BOFF rewards once they have chosen their Allegiance. My Android Romulan Engineer has been serving about my Haakona for months. ( I just wish she's choose a proper Republic uniform).
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Love everything.

Thursday can't come soon enough

The ship is increadable, it has the looks of an old smuggler vessel with heart of a Moogai.

Perfect for a Romulan Pale Rider.

So...

and another thing please make a better veterans area that is actually useful and is USED.

Id suggest a bar like Cantina you know a place to park our shuttles, look at dancers, a rocking band that correlates to your music player since im a country fan. Have an actual open bar where you can take shots and earn shot glasses for your ship shelf, plus you can have the option of bringing a drinking buddy with ya, like Tovan for instance or your other first officers. Make it a run down old bar that everyone loves. Plus have a few poker games or minigames. I already got name:

Nog's (if you have seen Shattered Mirror DS9, Mirror Nog owns the bar on DS9)

Please make it look like bar too and not some Sky Club in some Airport. Put this gem somewhere where all the smugglers hangout and rejects of the universe congregate and the galactic blue collar worker and not some Starfleet Officer's Club.

Any who that's enough ranting but seriously the one we have now SUCKS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • kylelockekylelocke Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Another attractive heavy destroyer that looks better than the Chimera.
    "I will make the Orion Syndicate face the light of justice or burn them with it." - Captainl Kyle Nathaniel Locke, U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-98105-C
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited July 2013

You have to choose which faction to ally with, then you can claim the android Boff just like Fed and KDF players do. :)
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif