test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Premades. Extinct?

aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PvP Gameplay
In the last few weeks, our fleet has been searching high and low for other fleets to fight.

Nearly every night, about 7PM GMT onwards we tend to have plenty of people for a really decent premade online but nobody to fight.

Is the premade dead?

We shout out in OPvP and usually only Inner Circle have the people. I can kinda understand it's a bit early for some fleets, but the PvP community is pretty mixed timezone-wise, I don't remember it being this hard.

While it's fun to have 5-10 people on TS all signing up to the queues individually just to make things interesting and negate the complaints from pugs, it's not really the same as cutting teeth against other people.

Are there any fleets out there that we can call on for regular fights?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
@Aquitaine985
Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
Post edited by aquitaine985 on

Comments

• Options
    skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That's usually not the best time for Nova Core on the weekdays as we're usually on quite a bit later. But you do realize we have a match scheduled against you guys tomorrow (Saturday) at that exact time, right? See you there!
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    While I'm obviously not part of the Premade Culture there, heh - I'm always a Premade whether KDF/Fed (I'm the only one in both my fleets) - but uh, yeah - while not part of that organized level of play...I still want to share a little commentary and ask a question.

I'm not in STO/OPvP 24/7 ( /cough ) like I used to be - but I have noticed that names that used to be on around certain times are not there as much as they used to be. So I have to wonder if it is a general thing with some folks just getting burned out on STO, it being Summer and doing other things, having found another game - etc, etc, etc...

The question portion...

7 PM GMT is going to be 3 PM EDT and 12 PM PDT. Was it a case that you were mainly finding matches against folks from the UK, continental Euros, and folks to the East?

Are folks that are getting on around 7 PM EDT running into similar issues? 7 PM PDT?

Is it more of a mass exodus or more of a regional exodus?...I guess would be the question there.

I've seen folks mentioning it here and there that it is harder...

edit: And as I previewed this, I saw Devolved's post - is it happening both during the week and on the weekend?
  • Options
    orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Nah, I've seen loads just from an hours pugging. Most seem they just want to casually stomp pugs with friends and aren't really looking for a challenge.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • Options
    masterkeychnk5masterkeychnk5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ah dont complain, you had your premade match for the night, haha :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am not Snakie, MT is!
  • Options
    mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    We roll as a premade around 02:00 AM GMT almost everyday
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    bobtheyakbobtheyak Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    orondis wrote: »
    Nah, I've seen loads just from an hours pugging. Most seem they just want to casually stomp pugs with friends and aren't really looking for a challenge.

This. There are plenty of premades but they're not looking for a challenge.
  • Options
    molaighmolaigh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    We have also seen much less premade teams in the queue. Perhaps most noticeable is the absence of the usual flock of Pandas, Nova and Turkish RP. What happened to your east coast US folks?

...I will admit that some have wondered if the lack of some of these teams are tied to the rumors about macros and whatnot. I hope not, good premades = more fun
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Premades with all wells and recluse and 3+ sci kills the fun of it, people can just queue and fight more variety of classes and ships instead, and won't feel pressured to play sci instead of tac either.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    molaigh wrote: »
    We have also seen much less premade teams in the queue. Perhaps most noticeable is the absence of the usual flock of Pandas, Nova and Turkish RP. What happened to your east coast US folks?

...I will admit that some have wondered if the lack of some of these teams are tied to the rumors about macros and whatnot. I hope not, good premades = more fun

Panda East coast always been a bit low populated afaik, and some guys took vacation there and such I heard.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    marc8219 wrote: »
    Premades with all wells and recluse and 3+ sci kills the fun of it, people can just queue and fight more variety of classes and ships instead, and won't feel pressured to play sci instead of tac either.

I'm not sure I understand your meaning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • Options
    heizlueftaheizluefta Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    From my expierience most Premades that were playing together for long just break into pieces these days. Not just these days. But from time to time there are impacts (patches, new Doffs, new TRIBBLE, new grind) that kill the motivation for many pvpers piece by piece. Once a level is achieved where the "next" Team that used to play together cant stand it anymore, many people qiut playing sto pvp instantly !

We (our fleet) are struggeling for some motivation these days and i dont know if its going to get better one day. I dont believe anymore. Personally i understand everyone that quits pvp and sto !

So that might be one reason why premades are going to be seen less and less and less !

They just havent enough people/mates/friends anymore or just lack of motivation for this crappy and cheesy PVP....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    heizluefta wrote: »
    From my expierience most Premades that were playing together for long just break into pieces these days. Not just these days. But from time to time there are impacts (patches, new Doffs, new TRIBBLE, new grind) that kill the motivation for many pvpers piece by piece. Once a level is achieved where the "next" Team that used to play together cant stand it anymore, many people qiut playing sto pvp instantly !

We (our fleet) are struggeling for some motivation these days and i dont know if its going to get better one day. I dont believe anymore. Personally i understand everyone that quits pvp and sto !

So that might be one reason why premades are going to be seen less and less and less !

They just havent enough people/mates/friends anymore or just lack of motivation for this crappy and cheesy PVP....

There's a lack of competition for Cryptic in regard to the particular niche of space PvP they offer...but they have to realize that doesn't mean that folks will stay forever.
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm not sure I understand your meaning.

Like Orondis said I have seen the pvp fleets all pugging a lot to. More fun to pug and run into another pug then to fight team of all temporal ships running 4 or 5 TIF, maybe that's whats killing premades, they tired of running into other premades doing stuff like that, its not fun. A week or 2 ago my fleet was in a match with another fleet like that and I spent almost half the time in TIF or hit with the SS doff. I pugged C&H the next match and actually spent most of the match pew pewing instead of stuck doing nothing, way more fun.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    naldorannaldoran Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Panda East coast always been a bit low populated afaik, and some guys took vacation there and such I heard.
    That, and lots of us are tired of the endless stream of imbalances, new gimmicks from Cryptic, endless reputation system grind, etc. and are playing other games. I for one am having lots of fun doing actual pvp in EVE. Lots of people to shoot.
    12th Fleet | Sad Pandas | Starfleet M.A.C.O.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Like Orondis said I have seen the pvp fleets all pugging a lot to. More fun to pug and run into another pug then to fight team of all temporal ships running 4 or 5 TIF, maybe that's whats killing premades, they tired of running into other premades doing stuff like that, its not fun. A week or 2 ago my fleet was in a match with another fleet like that and I spent almost half the time in TIF or hit with the SS doff. I pugged C&H the next match and actually spent most of the match pew pewing instead of stuck doing nothing, way more fun.

Have you considered agreeing on some rules before fighting other fleets?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
  • Options
    captainednacaptainedna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Have you considered agreeing on some rules before fighting other fleets?

thats the thing ,when you get a premade vs premade both teams can agree on what to use and what is not nice.Pugmades usually use the most efficient stuffs and thats TIF ,nukara mines and other broken sheets...so yea if you want a really shetty pvp experience you have to pug against a pugmade lol :D
  • Options
    ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    naldoran wrote: »
    That, and lots of us are tired of the endless stream of imbalances, new gimmicks from Cryptic, endless reputation system grind, etc. and are playing other games. I for one am having lots of fun doing actual pvp in EVE. Lots of people to shoot.

Yeah, even I have to admit that I'm at the breaking point with this game and the understanding that the devs are not really going to focus on balance issues.

Even if they wanted to, at this point, the amount of stuff that is getting added with each new season is just tremendous.

The few times we interact with them on forums, it's pretty clear they still don't fully understand most of the issues and are unwilling to really try PvP themselves to get a feeling for it (or might be willing but since it's not their personal area, really can't/won't (?) do much).

I log on and look at all the characters I have that are now obsolete.

You can play an inferior Fed/KDF Tac, or you can re-roll as a Rom and start all over again.

I don't like the idea that all of my virtual equity is under threat of being made obsolete every 3 to 6 months, and will only get worse as we can probably expect a brand new Rep system per half year - and most likely another faction with even better toys within the next 12 to 18.

18 months, that's an interesting number. Isn't that around when Star Citizen is scheduled to launch?
  • Options
    skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There's a lack of competition for Cryptic in regard to the particular niche of space PvP they offer...but they have to realize that doesn't mean that folks will stay forever.

They offer a unique PvE niche as well, I can't name one other casual/semi casual space game where you do things on the ground and in space. Heck, I can't really think of one where you do either. Add the IP and its not hard ot see why Cryptic can afford to stay the course they're on.
  • Options
    devorasxdevorasx Member Posts: 693
    edited July 2013
    Preamde pvp...... frankly as the game has come to now i rather not pvp at all. But what has been a growning trend is different fleets teaming up, and go pugging. Maybe cause ppl couldnt care about premades any longer and the game has lost its touch.
    Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    *coming from swimming, grabs towel*
    let's just hope this is caused by the summer ;)
  • Options
    seansamurai1seansamurai1 Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've noticed that the guys I used to tag along with don't seem to be on as much, never see them in the queues either.
    Chatted with a fleet leader to one of the big fleets and he said that his guys just don't bother anymore, the reasons weren't pleasant but its a sentiment I and quite a few others share.
  • Options
    oakland4lifeoakland4life Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How i miss the dayz of old, do any1 still remembers when the Fed and KDF was actually using their own indigenous ship designs to fight each other in PvP.

Nowadayz, we just have foreign Alien ship designs and Romulans to fight for us in our ''Federation-Klingon War'' they might as well rename it as ''The Dominion Civil War'' now.

Romulan Republic defeats Tal'Shiar then they kill each other, whom do the Romulan Republic actually put their allegiance to? Feds? Klingons? or to themselves...
  • Options
    praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, even I have to admit that I'm at the breaking point with this game and the understanding that the devs are not really going to focus on balance issues.

Mmhmmm.

That's where I am. I fire up the launcher, get to the character select screen, think about whether I want to play Fed Sci or Rom Tac... then think of all the TRIBBLE that will follow and then just exit out instead of actually choosing a character to play.
  • Options
    seansamurai1seansamurai1 Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    thats the thing ,when you get a premade vs premade both teams can agree on what to use and what is not nice.Pugmades usually use the most efficient stuffs and thats TIF ,nukara mines and other broken sheets...so yea if you want a really shetty pvp experience you have to pug against a pugmade lol :D

Funny that, many of the premades I've pug'd against have been worse. Using anything that's considered OP or even broken.
  • Options
    praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    edalgo wrote: »
    Could you imagine going into F vs F and only seeing actual Federation ships in there???

If you did it would be a noob fest which is sad.

The last few matches I've played have been full Romulan pugs (in FvF), which is equally as sad.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Not all premades get scard of by a team full of TIF spammers, just a small correction :)
  • Options
    playhard88playhard88 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    We (Division Hispana) are always looking premades for practice, pugstomp in queques gets boring after a while.
    John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
    Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
    K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
    Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    playhard88 wrote: »
    We (Division Hispana) are always looking premades for practice, pugstomp in queques gets boring after a while.

Great we think the same, pm us sometime to get a match going. We could use the practice.
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Idk, maybe it's just the summer :P, but our premade is open to challenge if you want. Just contact me @NandoPC