test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Let Certain Non-Romulans/Remans Make Romulan Republic Characters

2»

Comments

• aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In case you had not noticed it from my signature, my choice has already been made, for myself, I am quite happy with my Liberated Borg Romulan, so in the end, whether or not these options ARE pushed through is of little consequence to me.

However, as I said, in MMO's, people want choice, Cryptic knows this and will without even a second of doubt give people that choice.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the Trekkies, however vocal they may be.

I've had signatures disabled in options for a long time.

Your obvious arrogance is astounding. Not only towards how you believe Cryptic will bend over backwards to accommodate your irrelevant and illogical "choices", but you also believe your opinion includes the majority. Not to mention your contempt for "trekkies", however misplaced that label is in this case.
  • lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aexrael wrote: »
    I've had signatures disabled in options for a long time.

Your obvious arrogance is astounding. Not only towards how you believe Cryptic will bend over backwards to accommodate your irrelevant and illogical "choices", but you also believe your opinion includes the majority. Not to mention your contempt for "trekkies", however misplaced that label is in this case.

Contempt I wouldn't say.

Simply grown very weary of the constant stream of complaints from those I category as ''Trekkies'', no matter what Cryptic does, it's never right to them.

As for what I said, it is a basic rule of MMO's, nothing to do with arrogance, in MMO's people want choice, choice of race, choice of class, customization of every trait of their character, name choice, faction choice, etc. etc. etc.

I honestly don't see what the hissy fits are about in any case, if someone wants to play a Vulcan in the Republic, who the hell are you to decide he can't?

IF Cryptic were to add for example Vulcan as an option, it would be for those who want it, IF enough people want it off course.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Contempt I wouldn't say.

Simply grown very weary of the constant stream of complaints from those I category as ''Trekkies'', no matter what Cryptic does, it's never right to them.

As for what I said, it is a basic rule of MMO's, nothing to do with arrogance, in MMO's people want choice, choice of race, choice of class, customization of every trait of their character, name choice, faction choice, etc. etc. etc.

I honestly don't see what the hissy fits are about in any case, if someone wants to play a Vulcan in the Republic, who the hell are you to decide he can't?

IF Cryptic were to add for example Vulcan as an option, it would be for those who want it, IF enough people want it off course.

well I loved to play a orion slave girl on fed or RR think it will ever happen?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No, its not needed, Romulans at the moment get the best of both worlds, they have the use of everything of their adopted faction except the T5 ships and uniforms, they have access to every location of their adopted faction (feds and kdf don't). They can even go on the exchange to buy and use their adopted factions Bridge officers, feds and kdf can't use Romulan Boffs from the exchange.

To me, the Romulans already have a pretty good deal. The only thing they are short of are their own Star bases which I cant see why some super project cant be added to convert star bases in the future.
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
  • objulenobjulen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This proposal doesn't make a great deal of sense to me. Romulan characters already ally with the KDF or Star Fleet as it is. is you character going to leave faction and then re-ally with said faction?

If high-rep options for joining the RR with existing KDF/SF species is desired, it would make more sense so have a mission chain to unlock RR vessels and bridge officers for those characters than have then join a group that's already allied with them.
  • msk5msk5 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Inevitably it will be something like Suliban and Yridians to the Republic, which I am fine with. In the story at least the Republic is a fairly rag tag coalition of exiles and dreamers. Suliban fit perfectly, Yridians show up a lot in story content, I could even see Acamarians in there due to their proximity to New Romulus. A formal alliance with Acamar would provide a much needed buffer on the Alpha Quadrant side of Tau Dewa.

I hope the KDF gets new races soon as well, I think Dosi and Wadi are excellent choices, give em some wicked space traits, too.

Feds can cool their heels a while, they have so much already.
  • catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't think the Romulans need to be diluted any more than they already have. Almost nothing remains of the old Romulans except their ships and forehead ridges. Letting Fed and KDF species join them just serves to dilute them even further.

At any rate there is so much overlap between the KDF/FED and the Romulan Republic in content that it would essentially be pointless anyways all that would really happen is the loss of access to some ships, and gaining access to some others. I doubt anyone would really be interested in having to dismiss their fleet retrofits at any rate.