test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Flying High" only has 1 course, unable to do 3 *Team is working on a fix*

treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Since today's patch [6/26/13 12AM PST], I am experiencing a bug with the "Flying High" event on one of my toons.

After acquiring the mission from the event coordinator and enabling my floater, only one mission appears in the bullet list: "Fly over the harbor". No other mission "start points" appear on the map, or on the minimap. I have tried un-equipping and re-equipping the floater to the toon, dropping the mission, waiting for the mission to time out, logging out and back in, changing toons, exiting Risa space and returning to the event, closing STO and restarting it ... in many different combinations, all to no avail.

What is odd is this is only happening on one of my 4 toons, and only since today's patch.
It is keeping this toon form getting the pearls needed for the Risian ship.

If anyone has a workaround, I would appreciate it.
[I submitted a ticket on this, but I never hear back from those submissions.]
Post edited by treking2 on

Comments

• phrgphrg Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Similar. I get two courses showing out of the three: 'Circle the Peak' and 'Buzz the Resort".

Also subbed ticket 1839454.

:confused:
  • constantine4constantine4 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah i got the same problem on my fed toon, posted a ticket about it but have no high hopes on it getting fixed. Only 2 out of 4 showing up.

tried anything, from beaming to ship and back, to reactivating floater and such, nothing works.

This toon also can't buy anything from lobi store since i started playing with it, wich means im pretty screwed if this keeps going for a couple of days. :(
    And i have no high hopes on them fixing it seeing my lobi store issue on this toon i have for over a year now.
    Belgium

Light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear bright untill they speak.
    edited June 2013
    Yes, tried most things:

Multiple start and drops.

Changed to multiple instances.

Ported the toon over to Tribble and the problem exists there.

It is rather... annoying.
  • landoncaseylandoncasey Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same thing here. since the patch my romulan toon can only get one path and nothing else. Tried many things to reset it and nothing.... My Fed has no problems..... I did the first day's mission but cant for the last two days.. Also submitted a ticket and probably wont hear back from that....
  • constantine4constantine4 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hopefully the next patch screws over enough people to fix this or we got ours fixed :D
    Belgium

Light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear bright untill they speak.
  • treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Still no response back from anyone at Cryptic or Perfect World. *sigh*

Even dropping a message here in the forum saying "we are looking into the problem"
    would be greatly appreciated. Meanwhile, the days tick by and my toon can not
    collect pearls. *sigh* This is no way to treat a lifetime subscriber!
  • kanglorkanglor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah just got this bug on one of my characters who had been able to do it fine til today. Be nice if they could fix this before too late. :(
  • farktoid5000farktoid5000 Member Posts: 72 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2013
    I have not seen this myself. Can someone post a screenshot including the mission tracker if/when it happens?
    Follow your friendly neighborhood EQAH on Twitter! @CrypticEQAH
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just did it on all of my characters with no problem. Check the map. A couple of the courses are way out there.
  • dognip5dognip5 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I only receive 1 course to fly which is the Great Spiral Tower, no others are listed on the quest info and only this spot appears on the map. I was able to complete the quest just fine until Sunday came around now I am stuck no longer able to receive pearls. I will post screenshots when I return from work. I've tried dropping the quest, logging on and off, changing instances. Unequiping my jet pack then putting it back on after I accept the quest. Doing the 1 course and letting the quest time out. And not flying the 1 course and allowing the time to run out... ive also flew around risa multiple times looking for other courses. But nothing helps... I am still stuck with just the great spiral tower for my mission.
    edited July 2013
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=771201&page=2 here's a link to another thread talking about the same bug. There are photos of the bug posted on page 2
    edited July 2013
    Here are 2 screen shots i took

The first one shows that i only have one course to pilot listed in my In Progress Mission Info, it should be 3

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t548/dognip5/RisaBug_zps22bdf7c5.jpg

This Second photo shows on my map I only have 1 course to fly through as well, it should show 3

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t548/dognip5/RisaBug2_zpsfdc14496.jpg

I really hope this gets fixed soon, I've been really excited about getting this Risa Corvette. But I believe earning 1000 pearls is out of my reach now, this strange glitch is keeping me from earning 40 pearls a day :(
    edited July 2013
    I believe the event is open until 2nd August. That gives me 30 / 31 days to run the mission the 25 times needed to collect enough pearls. That is if it's fixed today; it's not mentioned in the release notes: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=774611

But why worry? I'm sure that Cryptic / The Devs will be reasonable and will credit us with sufficient pearls to claim the ship if they don't fix this in time... :rolleyes:

40 minutes to :mad: and counting...
    edited July 2013
    Well on the bright side, if I can't earn the 1000 pearls for the Risa Corvette. At least I can buy the Scimitar 3 Pack later today!!! That ship is gonna rock my socks :D
    edited July 2013
    And it's still broken...

Roll on Thursday patch...

:(
  • xelene13xelene13 Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've got the same bug happening on one of my alts, haven't checked the others yet.

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag10/xelene13/screenshot_2013-07-02-12-15-01_zps6c32404a.jpg

I tried dropping the mission and picking it up again repeatedly
    Tried changing instances
    Thought maybe it was a way point/map glitch so I flew around the island, no other available courses.

Can we get an eta on a fix? Sending some replacement pearls would be welcome also.

Thanks for the help.
    edited July 2013
    I have not seen this myself. Can someone post a screenshot including the mission tracker if/when it happens?

Sure thing, and thanks for the reply.

http://tinypic.com/r/2w1v7fb/5 - mission tracker with 0 courses complete, 1 course available

http://tinypic.com/r/kb4y7o/5 - mission tracker with 1 course complete, 0 courses available

[At this point, it is impossible to complete 2 additional courses, since they do not exist]
    Also, please note that the mini map shows NO arrows to courses available at this point.
    The large map [not shown] has no circles on it for valid course start points.
    [It has just the one when the event started]

Thank you for looking into this, but I am rapidly running out of time.
    This toon has only been able to complete the course 1 time, before the patch on the second day of the event.
    My other toons have completed the course 6 times now, so I am 5 days behind already.
    I was hoping today's patch might have fixed things, but alas, it was not so. *sigh*

I also started a second ticket on this, #1,850,677 since the first one never showed up under "My Tickets".
    [Note that so far, this second ticket is not showing up under "My Tickets" either. *sigh*]
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited July 2013

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u389/kapla1755/2013-06-30_00010.jpg

still happening after todays patch just on this toon so far apparently it doen't effect many just very irritating atm only a few days left to resolve it unless they extend the event :(

other thread http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=11197471#post11197471

and I did fly over the entire island to see if it wasn't showing on the map, no luck
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited July 2013
    hadn't thought about it before but the klingons practicing mok'bar are also not showing up on the toon with the event issue. don't know if that helps
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    phrg wrote: »
    Roll on Thursday patch...

No patch Thursday, there's a holiday.
    edited July 2013
    xelene13 wrote: »
    No patch Thursday, there's a holiday.

Then they better make it a patch Wednesday, before the devs get too much holiday beer! ;)
  • xapoxapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Since today patch i only have 2courses also very nice -.-
  • daisamedaisame Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This has also happened to me. One of my 8 toons only sees the 1 course and cannot complete the daily.

I have tried most of the things people have already stated and nothing seems to get past this issue.

At this point, I don't think this toon will be able to complete the event enough to get enough pearls. Hopefully they can find a way to credit us with the tokens because it looks like they are just now aware of the problem and have no fix coming.
    edited July 2013
    This message is to farktoid5000, or any other member of the Cryptic Studios Team.

- Can we please get some update on the status of this bug?
    - Is it being actively looked into?
    - Has a fix been found?
    - Will the fix be in the next patch?
    - Will there be some method given for people who wrote tickets to get pearls for the days they were unable to run the event?
    - Will the event be extended?

At this point, all we have are questions. *sigh*
  • debegraydebegray Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Some feedback would be nice, and some indication of whether they are going to extend the event because of this bug. Shortly it will become impossible to get enough pearls by the end of the event to get the Corvette.
    edited July 2013
    Looks like the fix is on Tribble and will probably hit Holodeck sometime after the holiday ... http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=778671. :D
    edited July 2013
    Logged on to Tribble and now see 5 courses.

Just need to wait for it to port over to Holodeck... :)
  • bakhtin8bakhtin8 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is happening to me as well for the second day in a row.
    edited July 2013
    xelene13 wrote: »
    Looks like the fix is on Tribble and will probably hit Holodeck sometime after the holiday ... http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=778671. :D

Thank you SO MUCH for that information! :D It has really uplifted my spirits over the holiday.
    Also, thank you to Cryptic for changing the title to reflect that a fix is in the works. :)

Now if only someone from Cryptic would address how those "few" of us who were affected by this and submitted tickets will be able to complete the event. Given the holiday, a patch on holodeck will probably not arrive for several days. Each passing day makes it that much harder, or even impossible, to complete the event on time.

[Having us resort to paying Zen for Keys for Lobi for Pearls is not an option, since this was through no fault of ours.]
  • ricardoreevesricardoreeves Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Here is your Screenshot. I only have one course: Fly over the Harbor. So I am not able to complete the mission Flying High and I am not able to collect my 40 Pearls. I also allready have 280 Pearls. Please fix this quick or I will not be able to claim my Risa Ship! Thanks.

Imagelink: http://www.imagebanana.com/view/1xcfq6lm/screenshot_20130705201705.jpg

http://www.imagebanana.com/view/1xcfq6lm/screenshot_20130705201705.jpg
    GERMAN - speaking