test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (July 2, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• yukon101yukon101 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Welcome! :)

TY! I think I've downloaded the game 5 times since first release and never got interested in learning it. I've been playing now for almost a week now and really enjoying the game. I find it way better then WOW and World of Tanks. I like it enough, I even went gold. Hope it keeps up :)
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ussberlin wrote: »
    i hope it runs then without problems ...:cool:

Why wouldn't it? It's not like they're actually fixing something substantial. Just adding an extra exchange tab here and there, to further their new summer money-making machine. God forbid they actually spend 4 hours on, you know, addressing some real bugs.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • trekie564trekie564 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yukon101 wrote: »
    TY! I think I've downloaded the game 5 times since first release and never got interested in learning it. I've been playing now for almost a week now and really enjoying the game. I find it way better then WOW and World of Tanks. I like it enough, I even went gold. Hope it keeps up :)

Welcome. prepare to get POed at the game and chuck your computer out of a 44 story building.
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • chtullu0815chtullu0815 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Maybe adding the Scimitar will break something :-) I'm optimistic.....
    edited July 2013
    Only 48
    MINUTES
    SECONDS
    to sto.
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
    edited July 2013
    oh, wow. this is my 257th post sience joining in Aug. of 2012.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • xero328xero328 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Anyone new to game or been around awhile looking for a good fleet, feel free to look up Alpha Squadron (fed) We always looking for peeps and for a newcomer, we are PERFECT for you because of the experience our longtime members have to share.
  • tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mwilder wrote: »
    right im almost finished my tier 5 (just 2 more days) and now you telling me i cant get my rom experimental beam array cause i cant finish tier 5.

Not at all, you can still get your tier 5 stuff.

What will happen is you will reach tier 5 on Romulan reputation on a Romulan character and you will run the reputation mission to claim tier 5 Romulan reputation rewards. The mission will complete and you will be able to requisition tier 5 gear at will. What you will not be able to do is run the Secrets of the Ancients mission that unlocks after reaching tier 5 Romulan reputation and that mission just rewards you with some extra dilithium and Romulan marks. That mission is currently bugged for Romulan characters (only Romulan characters afaik). Everything else works fine.
    pvp = small package
  • darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Passive people suck...

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

When something is wrong in the world, be it gaming or real life, stand up for what is right!

Too many people have the attitude of "I just let it roll off of me" or "turn the other cheek". Biggest load of TRIBBLE ever!

Stand up!! There more you do it the less you fall down! :D
    edited July 2013
    *Yawn* anyone look at that youtube vid link I posted? Curious if anyone else cracked up
  • dovahmaster1dovahmaster1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I live in Missouri, so I am already 1 hour past 11:00 over here. this is so frustrasting!
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Uggh..an hour? dammit, I'm going to have to wrestle my risa schedule again, just after I finally got it to an acceptable time alongside my birds so I could do them all then do my daily doff/fm grab

I just hope the favor increase is of a decent quantity (come to think of it, those birds need bigger returns too...100 marks for a bird that takes five days to cook versus 400 mark eppohs?)
  • weirdoman1weirdoman1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    trekie564 wrote: »
    Only 48
    MINUTES
    SECONDS
    to sto.

Maybe my math is really off, but if the patch started at 10 EST, then why do we have to wait that long? It's 1:14 EST now...
    Spock: If I were human, I believe my response would be... "Go to hell"... if I were human.

Data: Captain, I believe I speak for everyone here, sir, when I say, "To hell with our orders." :cool:
    edited July 2013
    darpink wrote: »
    "I just let it roll off of me" or "turn the other cheek".

Nasty...lol I know a hooker that used to say those expressions...
  • vividhvividh Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    weirdoman1 wrote: »
    Maybe my math is really off, but if the patch started at 10 EST, then why do we have to wait that long? It's 1:14 EST now...

its been extended...
    In game: @vividh
  • brojaycbrojayc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Can you please stop with the countdown spam?

Thank you for this forum friendly consideration
    edited July 2013
    it's 1:15 in BEAutiful Ohio.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • yukon101yukon101 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    xero328 wrote: »
    Anyone new to game or been around awhile looking for a good fleet, feel free to look up Alpha Squadron (fed) We always looking for peeps and for a newcomer, we are PERFECT for you because of the experience our longtime members have to share.

Awesome, I get allot of invites will look you guys up. Working on 3 different factions right now. My favorite one is Rom. and just sided with the feds last night :)
  • malikiusmalikius Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    STO doesn't do it's updates around 2-5am instead of peak times during the day. Very irritating. :mad:

And then they aren't even on time when they say they will be for finishing their maintenance.
  • darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    LOL....maybe you should visit sick bay? Kidding! :P
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So...will they be able to finish, in 4 hours total, what shouldn't have taken 3 to begin with, or...? :rolleyes:
    edited July 2013
    So little in the patch notes for a 4 hour maintance, that is unless there is a ton of those stealth nerfs we've all come to expect and despise.
    pvp = small package
  • weirdoman1weirdoman1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    vividh wrote: »
    its been extended...

Oooooooooooooohhh, my bad. I didn't catch that :P
    Spock: If I were human, I believe my response would be... "Go to hell"... if I were human.

Data: Captain, I believe I speak for everyone here, sir, when I say, "To hell with our orders." :cool:
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Bet shes on Risa at the moment, right? :p
    edited July 2013
    does anyone else want me to stop one countdown per page? if it is the wish of the forum users, i will stop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Can we get a seperate thread for people complaining please? I was really starting to enjoy how mild this thread was and now people are spitting their dummies out again!

I think a separate thread for these folk would be great, they could moan at each other for moaning, complain how they pay to moan and still their moans are unheard because of other moans, call each other whatever they want. There are people like me who really enjoy this game, yes there are problems, it happens, there's not a game out there without some kind of problem, but just once I'd like to skip the usual whineathon like we almost did...
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • chtullu0815chtullu0815 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So little in the patch notes for a 4 hour maintance, that is unless there is a ton of those stealth nerfs we've all come to expect and despise.

They are adding the Scimitar as it looks. I'm sure they can break a lot of things with that :)
    edited July 2013
    And YOU Yukon, were the reason I posted...lol Didn't want to single ya out, but aside from forums there aren't a lot of places to ask questions in realtime about the game IMO That's why I'm with Alpha Squadron, since first week of Beta.

I'm happy to help in any way I can. Costa ingame
    edited July 2013
    irwin109 wrote: »
    Can we get a seperate thread for people complaining please? I was really starting to enjoy how mild this thread was and now people are spitting their dummies out again!

I think a separate thread for these folk would be great, they could moan at each other for moaning, complain how they pay to moan and still their moans are unheard because of other moans, call each other whatever they want. There are people like me who really enjoy this game, yes there are problems, it happens, there's not a game out there without some kind of problem, but just once I'd like to skip the usual whineathon like we almost did...

I know, Right! the first pages were so nice...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
    edited July 2013
    Complaining about people complaining, that is ironic.
    pvp = small package
This discussion has been closed.