test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Extend the Risian Corvette events to include the entire Summer Events

omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
I can't play weekends, I include friday in that, so there is absolutely no way I can get 25 events in 35 days the math says it all. Why the rush if the summer event goes into August?

As it is I like the Risian Corvette, but I see no reason to bother particapating when the maths proves I don't have enough time to do it in? This rushing events for absolutely no reason makes no sense at all.

So please extend the deadline.

Anyone else who agrees should post to this thread.
Post edited by omegaphallic on

Comments

• timbebeartimbebear Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm with ya. i can make the days for it and will likely have enough time to get the ship, but i'm all for extending it for a few more weeks just to help out anyone else that has a life/kids/job. :)
  • ruminate00ruminate00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They allow people who don't have enough time to purchase pearls with lobi crystals.
  • devian666devian666 Member Posts: 473
    edited June 2013
    ruminate00 wrote: »
    They allow people who don't have enough time to purchase pearls with lobi crystals.

This is what happened to me over the winter wonderland event. As it's summer holiday here I was away for two weeks so I cut out a few days of running the race using lobi. It made it possible for me to get the breen ship.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Say your get 21 days out of 25, thats 160 pearls neeed, to get that you have buy those pearl packs for lobi, at an average of 4 pearls per pack and each pack costing 5 lobi and lobi being an average of 5 per lockbox, it will cost you over 44 bucks to buy enough pearls to get the ship. That's more money then any single c-store ship.

So much for a free ship, if they don't extend the time then this event is nothing but a fraud, a scam.

And this thread is a petition to extend the time, so if your you don't support the cause please don't post and derail the thread. Thank you.
  • ruminate00ruminate00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Say your get 21 days out of 25, thats 160 pearls neeed, to get that you have buy those pearl packs for lobi, at an average of 4 pearls per pack and each pack costing 5 lobi and lobi being an average of 5 per lockbox, it will cost you over 44 bucks to buy enough pearls to get the ship. That's more money then any single c-store ship.

So much for a free ship, if they don't extend the time then this event is nothing but a fraud, a scam.

And this thread is a petition to extend the time, so if your you don't support the cause please don't post and derail the thread. Thank you.

You don't need to spend a dime to obtain anything in this game, including lobi crystals. Not sure what your complaint is.
    edited June 2013

This is complete rubbish. You could spent $44 or you could spend ec or dil. If you really want the ship, which is nice to have but not a requirement, then you do what it takes to get it. No one is forcing you.

What you are probably not aware of is that the trade of goods during these events is usually quite profitable in terms of ec. Getting ec and buying master keys is a lot easier during these events, provided you play them.

Of course you can ignore what I'm saying and go ranting about how it's a scam. You don't need the ship. You could fly a romulan fleet ship or buy a bugship which will do the same job better.

Wait until you see people flying these ships in the first few days of the events.

This thread is to discuss extension. I do not support the proposed extension for the reasons you have stated. If you brought up a valid reason that would be more worthy of discussion I would consider it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sorry but the way forums work people can post agreeing or disagreeing with your point since it is a discussion forum not a petition.

I have to disagree. We don't need everyone having this ship, if that was intended it would just be given to you automatically, it is supposed to be somewhat uncommon just like other event ships. It is still easy enough to get it, during the winter event it only took me less then 5 min each day to get the breen ship. This event will also probably only take 5-10 min once you get the hang of it. If you can't be bothered to even log in for 10 min a day then thats your fault. Even on weekends you supposedly can't play I'm sure most people could squeeze 10 min in.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
    edited June 2013
    That and the daily race is really just to draw you there to have fun doing stuff in the event zone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I live in the Eastern part of the United States, and we have been having extremely above average temperatures and humidity levels. By extremely above average I'm talking about 10-20 degrees above and humidity levels between 80-100%.

Even with the best designed custom build gaming system these conditions are too excessive to even have a computer turned on, especially considering the heat produced by games and over heavy loads. This can create very unsafe conditions including electrical fires due to extensive overheating of the system.

Just in the past week there have been several instances where I've had to shut my pc down, and mine is a top of the line custom built, store bought pcs are even more susceptible because they don't have the extra fans and higher quality heatsinks, etc.

For this reason and others mentioned I really think the collection for the ship should be extended to encompass the entire event. I'll gladly grind out the 25 days to get the ship especially if this event is as entertaining as the winter one, but we can't do that or even get on to purchase the collectibles if it's too unsafe to even turn our computers on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dunnlangdunnlang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm very busy finishing up a major consumer product for launch. Working 12+ hour days for the next month will make it very difficult to get the corvette. I'd like to have the chance, but can live with it if it's not possible.
    [SIGPIC]Want to know more about Cryptic's hidden lottery odds and outcomes? Read my posts below.[/SIGPIC]
    Lock Boxes: The true value - (thread link)
    Jem'Hadar Bug Odds - (thread link)
    Galor Creation Rate - (thread link)
    Find me in TSW - TSW Chronicle Profile
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    voicesdark wrote: »
    I live in the Eastern part of the United States, and we have been having extremely above average temperatures and humidity levels. By extremely above average I'm talking about 10-20 degrees above and humidity levels between 80-100%.

Even with the best designed custom build gaming system these conditions are too excessive to even have a computer turned on, especially considering the heat produced by games and over heavy loads. This can create very unsafe conditions including electrical fires due to extensive overheating of the system.

Just in the past week there have been several instances where I've had to shut my pc down, and mine is a top of the line custom built, store bought pcs are even more susceptible because they don't have the extra fans and higher quality heatsinks, etc.

For this reason and others mentioned I really think the collection for the ship should be extended to encompass the entire event. I'll gladly grind out the 25 days to get the ship especially if this event is as entertaining as the winter one, but we can't do that or even get on to purchase the collectibles if it's too unsafe to even turn our computers on.

Really? o0

That sounds like every summer here in the Gulf Coast region. I have never had issues with my machine due to outside weather. Only way this is an issue is if you have no air conditioning and have to have the windows open. If that is the case then you have my condolences and sympathies.

That said, I do not understand why the pearl collection can't be as long as the summer event.
  • darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would like the time we have to get the ship to be extended.

I also am intrigued by the people who are against the time being extended. If the time was extended there would be no benefit or detriment to them obtaining the ship. Why, then, would they be against it? Because they want as few people to have them as possible. How awesomely selfish and self-absorbed. Great community spirit you're showing. Way to go!!!
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    While I'm not going to beg for more time, I'm puzzled as to why we can't have an extra 13 days. I don't remember if the last winter event was like this either.
  • nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm doing 16-hour days at work twice a week. That's going to have me cutting it close on the corvette, if I manage it at all.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I also am intrigued by the people who are against the time being extended. If the time was extended there would be no benefit or detriment to them obtaining the ship. Why, then, would they be against it? Because they want as few people to have them as possible. How awesomely selfish and self-absorbed. Great community spirit you're showing. Way to go!!!

This ship won't be very effective for most average people in pve, besides bird of prey pilots people will die a lot in it, making STFs much harder. I really don't want to do STFs with full teams of this.

In the hands of experienced PVPer this ship will be riddiculously OP in pvp, almost like a bugship but even easier to get and faster. Imagine the chaos it will be in pvp with everyone using this. I hope this ship stays as rare as possible.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited June 2013

+1 trillion

I know thier type libertarians who believe in the pull yourself up by the boot straps mythology as away to validate and excuse thier more selfish behaviors and thier sense of suppiority and Elitism.

I asked them politely not to detrail my thread but they did it anyway.

So I'll say it again, if you do not support the premise of this thread please don't post in it and no this post does not need a reply. Thank you.
  • darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    marc8219 wrote: »
    This ship won't be very effective for most average people in pve, besides bird of prey pilots people will die a lot in it, making STFs much harder. I really don't want to do STFs with full teams of this.

In the hands of experienced PVPer this ship will be riddiculously OP in pvp, almost like a bugship but even easier to get and faster. Imagine the chaos it will be in pvp with everyone using this. I hope this ship stays as rare as possible.

Whilst it will be a good ship I hardly think it will be as good as a bug ship. One more turn and a console (that will have a cool-down) will be balanced by less shields and a paper thin hull. Cruisers with DEM, BFAW and the Tholian beam console will rip these up.
  • nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hypl wrote: »
    While I'm not going to beg for more time, I'm puzzled as to why we can't have an extra 13 days. I don't remember if the last winter event was like this either.
    Sorry but the way forums work people can post agreeing or disagreeing with your point since it is a discussion forum not a petition.

I have to disagree. We don't need everyone having this ship, if that was intended it would just be given to you automatically, it is supposed to be somewhat uncommon just like other event ships. It is still easy enough to get it, during the winter event it only took me less then 5 min each day to get the breen ship. This event will also probably only take 5-10 min once you get the hang of it. If you can't be bothered to even log in for 10 min a day then thats your fault. Even on weekends you supposedly can't play I'm sure most people could squeeze 10 min in.

My weekend:

Thursday night, 10 PM - arrive at work.
    Friday morning, 6 AM - leave work.
    Friday morning, 6:30 AM - Get home
    Friday afternoon, 2 PM - Arrive at work.
    Saturday morning, 6 AM - Leave work
    Saturday afternoon, 2 PM - Arrive at work
    Sunday morning, 6 AM - Leave work

Factor in sleep, and when exactly am I supposed to find ten minutes to do the race?
  • wolf3130wolf3130 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2013

from the words of a no lifer those of us who do have lives out side of sto grind space do have better things to do as for the ship i'll do just fine with out it honestly i would rather them bring back the crytal shard event it would serve me much better then an ugly ship i have no use for
  • mindmagemindmage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree. The ship part of the event should be there for the entire event not a limited time during the event.
    Playing since launch in 2010.
    edited June 2013
    wolf3130 wrote: »
    from the words of a no lifer those of us who do have lives out side of sto grind space do have better things to do as for the ship i'll do just fine with out it honestly i would rather them bring back the crytal shard event it would serve me much better then an ugly ship i have no use for

If you don't want to grind you have a choice of just paying to short cut the content or not to play MMOs.

Work and safety > than playing games

A lot of this thread is coming down to life choices. If you are working long hours either you can afford to pay to reduce the time spent getting the ship, or you could get 4 FSMs and 20k fc to buy a better ship for your romulan. Four FSMs would cost you $20 at worst.

Not only that but given that it would take 5-10 minutes per day for 25 days you clearly have the time for this if you are spending time reading this forum and arguing about this. Playing a game for 5-10 minutes a day makes someone a no lifer, that is some pretty flawed logic. However, I do agree that bringing back the crystal shard event for a while wouldn't hurt.

Seriously this entire thread is about a thread most players will fly for 1-10 hours before moving onto another ship.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alarikunalarikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, this was requested during the winter event to no avail. I'm sorry, but you've got 35 days. And you have to do the mission 25 times. So you can miss a total of 10 times... best of luck!
    Original Join Date: January 2010
    Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
    Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
  • vorga113vorga113 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    alarikun wrote: »
    Yeah, this was requested during the winter event to no avail. I'm sorry, but you've got 35 days. And you have to do the mission 25 times. So you can miss a total of 10 times... best of luck!

Well if it's like the winter event you should, in theory at least, be able to get the ship in 20 days.
    As long as you don't mind having a really odd sleep pattern and have the capability to log on from anywhere for a quick 10 minute race
  • lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    People against it have very simple reasons really, reasons I can kind of agree with:

''When everyone is special, no one is special.''

I still have a Chel Grett on two of my characters, and only once every now and then do I see someone else with a Chel Grett, this makes me feel special.

It's selfish, certainly, but then, that is how we humans are.

Look around you, the world is filled with greed and selfish desires, it's nothing special.

The fact that we even need currencies, especially in a game that is set in a future that is supposed to have grown beyond the greedy need for currencies, is a testament to this.

-On topic-

You already have 35 days to get what only takes 25 days to get, 10 full days of leeway.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited June 2013

ROFL!!!! Whenever I have doubts about my self esteem all I have to do is see a comment like that to realize I am definitely not so bad after all ;)

Have fun with that, kid. I'll be relaxing and enjoying the game while your world crashes in scam/fraud/conspiracy theory. Are you by chance related to that bloke who sued McDonald's for serving coffee hot instead of cold? ~chuckles~
  • jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited June 2013
    devian666 wrote: »
    If you don't want to grind you have a choice of just paying to short cut the content or not to play MMOs.

Work and safety > than playing games

A lot of this thread is coming down to life choices. If you are working long hours either you can afford to pay to reduce the time spent getting the ship, or you could get 4 FSMs and 20k fc to buy a better ship for your romulan. Four FSMs would cost you $20 at worst.

Not only that but given that it would take 5-10 minutes per day for 25 days you clearly have the time for this if you are spending time reading this forum and arguing about this. Playing a game for 5-10 minutes a day makes someone a no lifer, that is some pretty flawed logic. However, I do agree that bringing back the crystal shard event for a while wouldn't hurt.

Seriously this entire thread is about a thread most players will fly for 1-10 hours before moving onto another ship.

So spend money to get the ship or better because all next week i will be 30 miles from the nearest outlet much less internet? It really should be extended because next week is a major holiday week when many people take vacations aways from home and computers and that has absolutely nothing to do with lifestyle choices or not managing 10 minutes to do the event.

The ship is already going to be rare because many people are not interested in the ship to begin with and even if it was run for the whole summer event and everyone did the grind and got one what does that matter to you? Why should you care if everyone has an equal chance at getting a ship even if they cannot be in the game everyday. Why do you care so much that you want it limited? I would say simply say I believe it's so you can have the ship with fewer others having it so you can show off. "Oooh Look at my ship that you can't get! Neener neener neener!".
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2013
    scififan78 wrote: »
    Really? o0

That sounds like every summer here in the Gulf Coast region. I have never had issues with my machine due to outside weather. Only way this is an issue is if you have no air conditioning and have to have the windows open. If that is the case then you have my condolences and sympathies.

That said, I do not understand why the pearl collection can't be as long as the summer event.

Yeah in the northeast it's more common to have houses without AC than with. Most people get by with a window air conditioner, sometimes multiple units with one in the bedroom and one in the living room, etc. I live in upstate NY, and its been insane this past week or two, mostly with the obscene amounts of rain and humidity, but there were some really hot days to go with it if you don't have central air or a window a/c.

I just bought a house with central air and I am loving it..... but back when I rented... the A/C in the livingroom and my computer used to duke it out all the time. With the cold air coming from one side and the heat coming from the other, I am surprised I didn't generate a localized weather disturbance within the living room.

And just to give you an idea.... back when I lived with my parents in college and didn't have a window A/C in on a hot 86 degree day, I had an Athlon XP machine that thankfully for the ASUS motherboard, auto shutoff to protect the CPU. I turned it back on and the hardware monitor in the BIOS said the chip was at 198F !!!! Needless to say, I didn't play on the computer until nightfall.
  • fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Exactly!

I believe I should be able to get it for my three chars, as it's about 30 minutes a day, tops, for the three. However, it requires at least a playthrough per day and we all know there are issues we can not predict. Also, just because I believe I can do it, that doesn'r mean everyone has the same opportunity.
    The previous event (the CE) at least allowed a margin for the event completion. This one could easily be the same way. So here's one more vote/request on the extension.
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    winterevent was extended for another week or more so people got more time to get the ship, this will be no different...you'll see
    Go pro or go home
  • vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The thing is that what PWE primarily sells you in STO is not content or items but your own time. That's a big part of their business model and how they keep this game running. So if you can't make the time you'll have to buy the "time". In this case you'll have to buy lockboxes to get the lobi in order to buy the pearls.

See also this thread of mine for a more detailed description: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=761301