test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Extend the Risian Corvette events to include the entire Summer Events

Comments

• ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ruminate00 wrote: »
    You don't need to spend a dime to obtain anything in this game, including lobi crystals. Not sure what your complaint is.
    devian666 wrote: »
    This is complete rubbish. You could spent $44 or you could spend ec or dil. If you really want the ship, which is nice to have but not a requirement, then you do what it takes to get it. No one is forcing you.

What you are probably not aware of is that the trade of goods during these events is usually quite profitable in terms of ec. Getting ec and buying master keys is a lot easier during these events, provided you play them.

Of course you can ignore what I'm saying and go ranting about how it's a scam. You don't need the ship. You could fly a romulan fleet ship or buy a bugship which will do the same job better.

Wait until you see people flying these ships in the first few days of the events.

This thread is to discuss extension. I do not support the proposed extension for the reasons you have stated. If you brought up a valid reason that would be more worthy of discussion I would consider it.

Sure you can earn anything in the game for free, but I think the OP did state that they have a limited time to play, a limited time to play means they might have a lot less in game currency than players that get to play every day. And devian666, do you really have to be so hostile? You just make your self look like a moron.
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    to the OP:

this event is not any shorter than the winter event, the past winter event that gave the Breen ship was the same way the daily ran for 35 days, you needed to do it for 25 it takes five minutes to do the daily if you have one character going after the ship this should not be a hard thing to do getup 15 minutes early or go to bed 15 minutes later and do the daily, there should be no one griping that this event is too short.
  • kasmynkasmyn Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    WithDrawn.....
  • insanesenatorinsanesenator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    +1 trillion

I know thier type libertarians who believe in the pull yourself up by the boot straps mythology as away to validate and excuse thier more selfish behaviors and thier sense of suppiority and Elitism.

I asked them politely not to detrail my thread but they did it anyway.

So I'll say it again, if you do not support the premise of this thread please don't post in it and no this post does not need a reply. Thank you.

So, people that oppose extending the deadline are not only all politically libertarian; but then you call them elitist (libertarian elitist is an oxymoron), but then tell them they can't post in *your* thread? Who's got a sense of superiority now?

((Also, doesn't every browser have spell check built in?))
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I received a total of 44 Pearls from 10 Lobe Pearl Boxes!?

Better to just do the race.
  • omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I received a total of 44 Pearls from 10 Lobe Pearl Boxes!?

Better to just do the race.
    vocmcp wrote: »
    The thing is that what PWE primarily sells you in STO is not content or items but your own time. That's a big part of their business model and how they keep this game running. So if you can't make the time you'll have to buy the "time". In this case you'll have to buy lockboxes to get the lobi in order to buy the pearls.

See also this thread of mine for a more detailed description: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=761301

Very insightful, its kind of like how network tv doesn't sell content, they sell views to advertizers. Your not the consumer your the product.

At this point having tried Risa I've decided as cool as the Risian Corvette is, and its one of the coolest ships in game, I can't stand the idea of doing that 25 more times.

I may go one more time to get an egg, so I can have a pet bird, but that's it.

I still support extending the contest for other people who want it.

I did buy that dance causing thingy mostly to torment J'pok and the high council.
  • jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited June 2013
    to the OP:

this event is not any shorter than the winter event, the past winter event that gave the Breen ship was the same way the daily ran for 35 days, you needed to do it for 25 it takes five minutes to do the daily if you have one character going after the ship this should not be a hard thing to do getup 15 minutes early or go to bed 15 minutes later and do the daily, there should be no one griping that this event is too short.

Holiday this month, one of the biggest for camping in the US right behind memorial day and veterans day. Very poplular for taking vacations to places like disneyworld, or someplace cooler.

So you are saying I need to go to bed later or get up earlier to be able to complete the game but where i am at there is no electricity, no internet connection and only 1 cell phone service works and it is a pay per minutes one with no internet? How is going to bed later and getting up earlier going to help me complete the event?

So it is OK to punish those who made plans for the biggest US mid summer holiday a year ago that does not include playing STO? Does that sound reasonable? To me it sounds like someone at PWE or upper managment at Cryptic is once again making a bad decision. Run a one time event then make everything that is part of that event run for the whole time is the only real way to do it that is fair for everyone.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • cwsteincwstein Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So I'm level 10 right now and this is my first Star Trek online event. I just created an account on July 10th and I missed a lot of days to do the event so now I won't be able to get the ship JUST BECAUSE I created an account a little too late. That seems a bit unfair am I right? Being this is my first event and I love the whole tropical theme I wanted it to be specail. Well not anymore. In order to get the ship I need atleast one week extra to get enough pearls. And I think a lot of other people do too. So please make this first event specail for me and give me just enough time to get that ship. This would be the first specail ship I have gotten and by the looks of the ship it would be fitting to be my first. If not for me to get my ship at least extend it just to have a bit more fun on Risa? Thank you.

ANYONE ELSE WHO SUPPORTS THIS CAUSE PLEASE POST HERE!
  • wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mindmage2 wrote: »
    I agree. The ship part of the event should be there for the entire event not a limited time during the event.

But wait.. I have heard many times over that the ability to acquire the corvette is limited in time, but then, just when does this ability end?? i havent heard of a specific date..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • xelene13xelene13 Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wufangchu wrote: »
    But wait.. I have heard many times over that the ability to acquire the corvette is limited in time, but then, just when does this ability end?? i havent heard of a specific date..

August 2nd

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=925601
    Although the Risian Lohlunat Summer Festival will continue to be available well into August, Lohlunat Pearls will only be offered as a reward from ?Flying High!? for a total of 35 days, starting June 27th and running until August 2nd. During this time, players will need to participate 25 times in order to earn their FREE Starship.
  • amahoodamahood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I can't play weekends, I include friday in that, so there is absolutely no way I can get 25 events in 35 days the math says it all. Why the rush if the summer event goes into August?

As it is I like the Risian Corvette, but I see no reason to bother particapating when the maths proves I don't have enough time to do it in? This rushing events for absolutely no reason makes no sense at all.

So please extend the deadline.

Anyone else who agrees should post to this thread.

That's why I say to make the corvette Trade-able ! So that those of us looking to make some EC, can trade it on the exchange to those whom didn't have time.

but it seems that the people disagreed with me on this link:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=789281

I don't know why.....

But I do know that there's alot of people whom didn't post there, that likes my idea of making it trade-able.

And it sounds like alot of people here would agree as well.

• tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I'm supporting this thread, and seeing as some people have been cheated by a bug with the "Flying High" mission, some have real life commitments and others would have had other reasons.

It's only fair everyone has their fair opportunity to get the ship and while people might winge that 'we should be able to find 5 minutes in a day' or that they hope not many people get the ship. To those people I say you clearly don't know either the real meaning of busy or are just plain selfish.

The mission should run as long as the event does, it's only sensible and also gives people more incentive to go to Risa. The winter event race ended when the event did, so should this one.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited July 2013
    these threads popped up during the winter event too.

they didnt change anything..
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • plox21plox21 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is it that hard to ask your close friend to take care of it once a day for 5mins?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    plox21 wrote: »
    Is it that hard to ask your close friend to take care of it once a day for 5mins?

Last month, I was out of contact with the game entirely for two days out of each week. This month, thankfully, it's only one day. And I did luck into that change happening at a time that lets me finish the event.
  • lykumlykum Member Posts: 382
    edited July 2013
    will I lose the pearls if the event ends or does that Passover to the next risa summer event? and I saw a gal wearing a swimsuit and I can't find them? sry don't want to start a new thread about this...
    Lyndon Brewer: 20% chance to capture enemy ship for 60 seconds on successful use of boarding party.

cause sometimes its party time!
  • mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lykum wrote: »
    will I lose the pearls if the event ends or does that Passover to the next risa summer event? and I saw a gal wearing a swimsuit and I can't find them? sry don't want to start a new thread about this...

that was either an Orion or an NPC. Orions have special outfit choices that are basically a bathing suit and a loin cloth that only they can choose from. thanks to the way that Orion outfits works with the Risa stuff you can make an actual bathing suit. You should be able keep the pearls for next year, that is what they have done for most other events.
  • zztopperszztoppers Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I had to rewrite my whole post as it was based on incorrect information. OK! the long and the short of it now is my advice on shortening the event time so you can grind through it as fast as possible if you have littole or no time to play.

Here goes. Xbox 360 controller. This is the most efficient way to do these missions. During the winter event I would not have finished a single race without having this controller. It was just to tedious by Keyboard and mouse only. Same thing to a lesser extent for this event. You are only required to do three courses out of the four that show up on the map that are available to complete your requiements for completing the mission. Also make sure you use the beam back to resort when finished it can save you a couple of minutes. Also I do have a nac for stating the obvious. On that the only reason I do state somethings this was is only because it happened to me. Had I noticed the beam back to resort sooner. I might have saved a lot of play time and frustration flying back to the restort when I could have just beamed back.
  • bubbleburstsbubblebursts Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Wow the sense of entitlement is strong in this thread. They have given us 35 days to do the event, you only need to do it on 25 of them, that's 10 days of leeway. Not to mention that the special event and the ship are completely free. And yes lifestyle choice has everything to do with it. You choose to spend the time on holiday/ friends/ family/ whatever, that's perfectly fine, but don't expect the world to put on hold just because you have other obligations than committing 10 minutes of your time on a game. We all have a life outside the game and we all prioritize our time differently.
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jetwtf wrote: »
    So spend money to get the ship or better because all next week i will be 30 miles from the nearest outlet much less internet? It really should be extended because next week is a major holiday week when many people take vacations aways from home and computers and that has absolutely nothing to do with lifestyle choices or not managing 10 minutes to do the event.

The ship is already going to be rare because many people are not interested in the ship to begin with and even if it was run for the whole summer event and everyone did the grind and got one what does that matter to you? Why should you care if everyone has an equal chance at getting a ship even if they cannot be in the game everyday. Why do you care so much that you want it limited? I would say simply say I believe it's so you can have the ship with fewer others having it so you can show off. "Oooh Look at my ship that you can't get! Neener neener neener!".

Taking a vacation isn't a lifestyle choice? Sorry... it's a lifestyle choice. There are alternatives to grinding through flying high for the ship..... use them.
    edited July 2013
    Wow the sense of entitlement is strong in this thread. They have given us 35 days to do the event, you only need to do it on 25 of them, that's 10 days of leeway. Not to mention that the special event and the ship are completely free. And yes lifestyle choice has everything to do with it. You choose to spend the time on holiday/ friends/ family/ whatever, that's perfectly fine, but don't expect the world to put on hold just because you have other obligations than committing 10 minutes of your time on a game. We all have a life outside the game and we all prioritize our time differently.

I do agree with this poster if I were Cryptic having commited everyone to certain peramitters that will not be changed during an event. However this being STO and the word will not has not always applied to this game. Because given a great pitch to change anything in the game or enough of us raising a stink on the forums to fix or change something that is out of wack. I am reffering to Cryptic actively seekng and listening to communty feed back to their credit and the main reason this game is so great now! The statement that they will not change the peramitters to me simply is not true. The words Must not to me are the most appropriatte in this case. That being said I don't wish to open up the forums to all kinds of rants. The changes I refere to are very rare and should not be expected very much if ever!!

The big question is how to you get the event changed or exteneded to accomidate those on limited schedules who really want a better chance at completing the requirements and getting a free ship. To that end we could and should make suggestions on how to do this. And in the end it is up to Cryptic once and if they decide to change the perameters on how much and to what effect this would be done.

And to that end I suggest if this is not against the forum rules. For those who feel strongly enough and really want to change the event to benefit more players. Take a poll!

A simple poll and post it on the forums. A simple question. Do you want the event changed in ways TBD by Cryptic to accomidate more players availability and access to the game to meet requirerments to win the ship? A simple yes or no answer.

Also you need to make is easy for those voting in the pole to cast a vote. List your goals for the thread and expectations for each poster. Something like: Please list the reason for your vote. And please keep it less than four sentences. If you simplfy everything people are more likely to vote and participate. And you are more likely to sand a clearer message than lets say last years Occupy movement where we all know there was not a clear message they were sending about what they wanted changed. They were to scattered and divided in the objectives.

Thats all!

Also even if the poll is something like 90% want this change. And lets say we get 500 votes. And there is not change or even a response from Cryptic. We still send a message for future expectations wants and desires for the game. It is still a great idea to give and send in the most constructive way feedback on what you want for the game!!
  • stilletojoestilletojoe Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I also don't get why the corvette portion of the event is so limited. It does put a great deal of pressure on a player to do the event as much as possible, and barring life events possibly fall short near the end. I fail to see a reason on why earning a corvette should be limited to such a short period anyway, and I do support an extension of the time frame. As to all the other methods of acquisition of the corvette, new players may lack the means or in game experience to do many of those things.
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm currently working through a Special Event at work.

12 1/2 hours of people, people, people.

I pretty much have greeted the entire state already today and now they are starting to leave so I will have to wish them good night as well.

They will not be ignored.

I wonder why I do so well on zombie PC games :P

Anyway, I'll be making time to do the 10 minutes tops flying mission on Risa again tonight and everynight until I get the Corvette.

"Vacation?" What is this strange language you speak?
  • marksamuelsonmarksamuelson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As far as I'm concerned, they owe it to us to extend this event given the fact that the bug they just fixed caused many of us to lose two weeks worth of pearls - if they don't extend it, they should give everyone that complained about the bug 500 pearls to compensate them for the time lost...just saying.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I saw Risa once, long ago when I played my Fed toon for a day. That was many months before this summer event they're still patching 3+ weeks AFTER launch.

No, they won't extend it, or give you anything free because a bug stopped you from participating. The project you've started for the ship will likely still be active a year from now ensuring your participation NEXT SUMMER.
    :)
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I stand against this petition.

The terms of the event (aka "promotion") were spelled out prior to the start. It does not befall the company initiating the promotion to change/modify/extend/whatever their promotion because of people who cannot (or will not) meet the terms of the promotion through actions of their own choice.

Having a job that restricts / denies essentially all free time on the weekends is a "personal choice". Sorry, that does not give grounds to request a modification to terms to meet a personal desire because of other personal choices that conflict with the terms of the promotion.

However, I have heard grumblings on this forum that indicate certain players have been effectively prevented from completing the terms of the promotion through events that are not a "personal choice", specifically their account(s) were bugged and said bug prevented them from accessing the opportunity to perform the promotional activity. Due to this, unless the affected accounts are identified (and appropriately compensated) by Cryptic for the Cryptic-induced bugs, then a general extension of the promotional period by the amount of time that these accounts were bugged - so that the affected players have 35 complete chances to acquire their ship within the event window - is obviously called for, and if the OP (and others in his situation, where personal choices prohibited them from meeting the 25 runs in 35 days) can benefit from this situation then all the more power to them... ;)
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
    edited July 2013
    dareau wrote: »
    I stand against this petition.

The terms of the event (aka "promotion") were spelled out prior to the start. It does not befall the company initiating the promotion to change/modify/extend/whatever their promotion because of people who cannot (or will not) meet the terms of the promotion through actions of their own choice.

Having a job that restricts / denies essentially all free time on the weekends is a "personal choice". Sorry, that does not give grounds to request a modification to terms to meet a personal desire because of other personal choices that conflict with the terms of the promotion.

However, I have heard grumblings on this forum that indicate certain players have been effectively prevented from completing the terms of the promotion through events that are not a "personal choice", specifically their account(s) were bugged and said bug prevented them from accessing the opportunity to perform the promotional activity. Due to this, unless the affected accounts are identified (and appropriately compensated) by Cryptic for the Cryptic-induced bugs, then a general extension of the promotional period by the amount of time that these accounts were bugged - so that the affected players have 35 complete chances to acquire their ship within the event window - is obviously called for, and if the OP (and others in his situation, where personal choices prohibited them from meeting the 25 runs in 35 days) can benefit from this situation then all the more power to them... ;)

I would agree with you if this were some kind of Terms of service. But it is not. And as in STO's past they have heard feedback on the game and made changes accordingly. This is not something we are using a coupon for. It is a casual gaming experience and should remain as such. As we are customers who have a right to feedback and we are giving that feedback accordingly!
  • arcticukitsunearcticukitsune Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    cwstein wrote: »
    So I'm level 10 right now and this is my first Star Trek online event. I just created an account on July 10th and I missed a lot of days to do the event so now I won't be able to get the ship JUST BECAUSE I created an account a little too late. That seems a bit unfair am I right? Being this is my first event and I love the whole tropical theme I wanted it to be specail. Well not anymore. In order to get the ship I need atleast one week extra to get enough pearls. And I think a lot of other people do too. So please make this first event specail for me and give me just enough time to get that ship. This would be the first specail ship I have gotten and by the looks of the ship it would be fitting to be my first. If not for me to get my ship at least extend it just to have a bit more fun on Risa? Thank you.

ANYONE ELSE WHO SUPPORTS THIS CAUSE PLEASE POST HERE!

This ^

I'm new as well and highly disappointed that it is a forced timed event. Other MMO's were kinder in that they gave you many open chances to gift you while this one is harsher, forcing you to get a ship if you want it. I like that you can get all the mini-gifts but that ship was just harsh. I know you don't have to get one but if you do you have to slave for it. Some credits here, some mini-game there, and a happy meeting with someone and tadda!~ Should be easy...NOPE! Ferengies said nope.

I also enjoyed the ships look at first glance but then when I got to see what it could do I yawned. If they're going to pull this then they should add more shuttle types, more non-combat pets, more "civilian" ships and etc. Maybe the next event will have a nicer ship with more ship options.

And I would have to agree that this kind of event should run all summer. People are busy and time is a precious factor. People have other things to worry about.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The OP is correct the event needs to be extended ive been doing the event each day since it began and even then its going to be close i cannot afford to miss one day if my math holds true.

I think if cryptic wants to sell us something then sell us something but dont disguise it as a freebie so they can sell more keys.

Anyways i was shocked the ambassador event wasnt a grind fest rep that may or may not be able to be completed in the time allotted.

I hope i dont miss a day right now my KDF is at 760 pearls my fed is at 806 my fed had a few lobi from the lobi scavanger hunt and bought a couple keys from the exchange.

still gonna be close on both
  • knockyknocky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I work 4 12-hour days.

I get up get ready for work, do the 5 minutes of flying on two toons while drinking coffee and go to work.

If you have time to defecate in the morning, then you have time to do they flying mission.

Too blunt?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]