test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

College Wi-Fi connection issues

Hi, Im having some difficulties logging in. I just moved into college, and everything was working fine the day before I moved. Now when I try to log in to the launcher, I press the login button and it does nothing. If I enter the wrong password, though, it will tell me it is invalid. When I try to log in to the game directly, it gets stuck on connecting to the account server. Ive tried every angle I could think of, even registering my device on to the college wi-fi network manually. I could use some help.

Thank you,
@ShadStar

EDIT: I can log on to other games just fine, just not STO
Post edited by shadstar2 on

Comments

• lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sounds like it could be selectively blocked. Since each game generally uses a different port, schools tend to block them as they come up. For example, my college had only wow, STO, TOR and a few others blocked and the rest would be added within a few days of a user logging in from any comp connected to the school network. If it was working fine before, it wouldn't surprise me if thats what is going on with you now. It implies someone else played STO on the school network at some point. Note that not all sysadmins make it known that such a thing is being done, they simply block the port.

So its either that, or you have some kind of odd error with the launcher. Seeing as you said it was working the day before, i'm inclined to go with it being the first option
  • deville72206deville72206 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am hard wired. The same issues are occurring for me.