test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't load into game

I haven't been able to log into star trek. Every time I go to get in game, I go to the Cryptic Loading Screen, then the Legacy of Romulus loading screen then it goes non responsive... I really need to find a way to get back in, so far I've tried, re-installing the game. Can anyone help? I've even tried changing the priority and giving it a higher priority, but it's still going non responsive I've submitted this to PW but no luck.

very frustrated :mad:

at usually bring up task manager and it for some reason let me in, but now that hasn't worked
either, I have uninstalled and re-installed the game, still won't work

Using Windows 8. Please help
Post edited by axelsghost on

Comments

• brutal747brutal747 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same problem here
  • l3luntman1138l3luntman1138 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I also had the same problem.

Uninstalled, and now i cant get more than 8 percent done RE-installing the game, THAT is if i can even connect to the auto launcher. This really ticks me off, worked PERFECTLY fine last night. After today's patch, i am screwed.
  • taketiantaketian Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My loader got bugged from yesterday to today and i reinstaled it and its not doin nothing on launcher screen . no engage for me :(
  • taketiantaketian Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Some dude in another post solved this one , have a nice day.
    close this one plz

stnate wrote: »
    After struggling with my launcher not updating after what seemed like every update (and trying everything from port forwarding to getting a new ip), it dawned on me to try tethering my phone to my computer and update the launcher through there, and it worked. So I will try my hardest to keep this updated with the newest launcher every time mine fails to update through my home internet. Therefore I will know when there is a problem of the launcher not auto-updating, and I will also have a way to get a launcher that will work.

Latest Star Trek Online.exe as of: This link should be auto-updated

http://files.startrekonline.com/launcher/Star%20Trek%20Online.exe

Enjoy!

• electroluxxxxelectroluxxxx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    new launcher version leads to a new problem. i cant connect to the gameserver with one of three characters. its old problem and i get dropped to log-in screen everytime i try.
  • marlenn1marlenn1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    this is happing to me also but the lancher is minimzed and wont restore is it a bug plez im jonesing to play help me plez
  • nera2nera2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the lancher is minimized and i can not log in

PLEASE HELP !!!
  • axelsghostaxelsghost Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    axelsghost wrote: »
    I haven't been able to log into star trek. Every time I go to get in game, I go to the Cryptic Loading Screen, then the Legacy of Romulus loading screen then it goes non responsive... I really need to find a way to get back in, so far I've tried, re-installing the game. Can anyone help? I've even tried changing the priority and giving it a higher priority, but it's still going non responsive I've submitted this to PW but no luck.

very frustrated :mad:

at usually bring up task manager and it for some reason let me in, but now that hasn't worked
    either, I have uninstalled and re-installed the game, still won't work

Using Windows 8. Please help

Let me rephrase, I can Log in, it will patch, then I hit Engage, then the Cryptic loading bar page appears, then it goes to the Legacy of Romulus page and says Loading at the bottom like this

and stays there and then goes non-responsive
  • ishapza1ishapza1 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As of now I have been stuck with a launcher screen that says version ST.31..... for the last 2 hours. I was forming a team on Defera when suddenly I started receiving server not responding messages that turned into one long count.

I got kicked out and tried to log back in, only to get stuck on character loading screen with nothing loading. So, I exited the game altogether and tried logging in from start with no success.

The launcher just stays the same.

Does anyone have a clue?

Edit: Now I get a white screen saying loading and nothing happens, even running as admin.
  • gaullderkenargaullderkenar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same problem here :(
  • epoch9epoch9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    axelsghost wrote: »
    Let me rephrase, I can Log in, it will patch, then I hit Engage, then the Cryptic loading bar page appears, then it goes to the Legacy of Romulus page and says Loading at the bottom like this

and stays there and then goes non-responsive

I've been getting this same thing, I've rebooted my computer and router, I've Un/ReInstalled the game and it still hangs at the LoR splash screen.

I've been having this issue for the last 5 hours or so.
    edited June 2013
    I've been having this issue for months, at one point I was able to use Ctrl Alt Delete and I was able to get into game that way, but it doesn't work like that anymore. now it just stay's non-responsive.... it sux
  • conrad59conrad59 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    i would like to add my piece to this but it's not the same problem,

i have reinstall my operating system a few days ago, and now everytime i connect i have been asking with the one time activation code from account guard(from both site and game), but i dont receive the code by mail, i receive all other mail from cryptic but not this one, i opened several ticket to support ( by the way they don't seem to read the ticket and act just by sending pre-wrote message from the choice of category) and they had all the same response, check you mailbox spam and junk ( ... no kidding as if it's not the first thing i do ..) or the better, wait at least 30 minutes to receive the mail ( hahaha the account guard time out after 5 min so if even one day i receive the mail , the code will be expired since 25 min and will generate a new one as soon as i relog)
    so now i have 3 games Startrek Online (who i play since the release), champions online and neverwinter, that i can't play, woohoo .:mad:

So if a webmaster or a forum moderator or a support technician ever read me or anyone on the forum have an idea can he do something to help me cause it's becoming really frustrating with this lack of help
  • richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nera2 wrote: »
    the lancher is minimized and i can not log in

PLEASE HELP !!!

HELP i have the same issue it was fine before i quit this morning, and now when i came back to download the patch it was minimized. Got it to download tho and this happen before on same computer different account and now on another account what do I do ?????
  • epoch9epoch9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    epoch9 wrote: »
    I've been getting this same thing, I've rebooted my computer and router, I've Un/ReInstalled the game and it still hangs at the LoR splash screen.

I've been having this issue for the last 5 hours or so.

Since my last posting I had been having some success getting the game to load in Safe Mode (which is still not a good thing) but as of today's Shard Maintenance (June 27th) I can't even log in using Safe Mode.

This is really frustrating.
  • kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For the "launcher is minimized bug" please visit:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=10865461&postcount=11

:)

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
    edited July 2013
    it's beyond frustrating, I've uninstalled, re-installed, checked drivers,

at one point I could unlock it when I got to the legacy of romulas screen by using Ctrl + Alt + Delete

then bring hit task manager, it would work, or just ctrl + alt, but not anymore

and everytime they do maintenance I can't ever get back in then I have to unistall then re-install

if I didn't have hundreds (prolly more) invested in this game i would say to hell with it

but I have good friends and lots invested. any chance someone can say oh yea I had this issue and here's how to fix it...
  • borgresearcherborgresearcher Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    so, only solution is reinstall ? that will take hours omg, and since i am one of those guys that actually work, i will fail the corvette race and the nukara daily -.-
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I can't even get past the Cryptic loading screen.
  • mccoy1701mccoy1701 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    when i try to log in my character list screws up the i get a message that my one-time login code was inorrect