test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Launcher is broken.

I tried to launch the game and it began to download an update for the launcher, after it finished it seems to have broken the launcher. It auto-minimizes it, and won't allow it to be restored to full size.
Time is a funny thing; There is always too much of it. Except when you need it the most, then there is never enough.
Post edited by ragestroke008 on

Comments

• vesmirnypilotvesmirnypilot Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I also have a problem with that
  • panucappanucap Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I also have a problem with that

I am unable to log in. Connection to login server times out. The program would not allow me to either minimize the window or switch programs (via the windows key). I had to ctrl-alt-del to switch to another program. After rebooting, I was able to restart the game and switch back and forth between programs, but the login server is still unresponsive.:(

A few minutes later "The server is unavailable at this time".
  • ragestroke008ragestroke008 Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have been able to bypass the launcher by using GameClient.exe in the Live folder of the game's directory. But the server is still down, so...
    Time is a funny thing; There is always too much of it. Except when you need it the most, then there is never enough.
  • c0sm1cch33s3c0sm1cch33s3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    launcher is not broken it just cant contact the servers properly due to everything being down.
  • dinos2012dinos2012 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    panucap wrote: »
    I am unable to log in. Connection to login server times out. The program would not allow me to either minimize the window or switch programs (via the windows key). I had to ctrl-alt-del to switch to another program. After rebooting, I was able to restart the game and switch back and forth between programs, but the login server is still unresponsive.:(

A few minutes later "The server is unavailable at this time".

I finnaly got the launcher working..( after 1,00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000..times i tried ) the service status shows RED ! ! RED LIGHT SPECIAL Server is offline i guess the know they have a problem scotty !! and fixing it (LoL i think they have a 12 year ols working there to patch things up) ..
  • c0sm1cch33s3c0sm1cch33s3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have been able to bypass the launcher by using GameClient.exe in the Live folder of the game's directory. But the server is still down, so...

heh heh if it wasnt for my LTS i wouldn't have come back to this game. cant believe
    i had to create a stupid perfectworld account even though it uses my cryptic account.
  • tonygutierreztonygutierrez Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So I went to take care of a few things I come back home and guess what... I cant log in and to add insault to injury I never got my free zen for last month plus I loged into the tribble server well guess what ALL MY COPY CHARS ARE GONE, I sure hope my char dident get deleted from the holodeck that will be the last straw for me... I really do enjoy this game but it just seems there is so many problems and so many new bugs its insane and I just wonder with all the money i put into this game it is very disapointing to me
  • panucappanucap Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Koi keh-less pook load. Qoy qeylIs puqloD
    Koi Pook beh poo Qoy puqbe'pu'
    Yoch bow math bow je shuv wee yoHbogh malthbogh je' SuvwI'
    Say moach chyu may ew Sey'moHchu' may' 'Iw
    Mah shoov, mah nong, ej ma choch chew maSuv manong 'ej maHoHchu'
    Nee beh yin mahj ach wov, coo! nI'be'yInmaj 'ach wovqu'!

Bath ma cheth bejj, ej yo keej dahk batlh maHghbej'jyoqIjDaq
    Vaav, poo ma de, muv pa rech, ma shoov tach vavpu'ma' DImuvpa'reH maSuvtaH
    Koo ma mev, ko ma shoov tach, ma ov Qu' DamevQo' maSuvtaH, ma'ov

And that sums it up - according the booze I've downed while the server is down.
  • dinos2012dinos2012 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    panucap wrote: »
    Koi keh-less pook load. Qoy qeylIs puqloD
    Koi Pook beh poo Qoy puqbe'pu'
    Yoch bow math bow je shuv wee yoHbogh malthbogh je' SuvwI'
    Say moach chyu may ew Sey'moHchu' may' 'Iw
    Mah shoov, mah nong, ej ma choch chew maSuv manong 'ej maHoHchu'
    Nee beh yin mahj ach wov, coo! nI'be'yInmaj 'ach wovqu'!

Bath ma cheth bejj, ej yo keej dahk batlh maHghbej'jyoqIjDaq
    Vaav, poo ma de, muv pa rech, ma shoov tach vavpu'ma' DImuvpa'reH maSuvtaH
    Koo ma mev, ko ma shoov tach, ma ov Qu' DamevQo' maSuvtaH, ma'ov

And that sums it up - according the booze I've downed while the server is down.

it says something about cheap women and big parties and lots of hard drnks ..i think :P
    edited June 2013
    launcher is not broken it just cant contact the servers properly due to everything being down.

hi all is not functional launcher and server?
    edited June 2013
    Found a workaround that should help with the invisible launcher;

Right click the icon for Star Trek Online and select "Properties" on the shortcut tab select the drop down box for Run and change it to Maximised.

Should be able to log in through the launcher properly now.
    edited June 2013
    ragestroke008 nice work thanks for help. You good ;)
  • lawntonlawnton Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So I am truly pissed off now, after spending all evening yesterday and all morning today (im in UK), I finally get the launcher to load and not do that crappy "trying to update launcher" and then keeping the launcher minimized... what does it do?

Yup IT PATCHES THE WHOLE FRIGGING GAME ALL SIX GIGS!

I don't have fibre optic broadband..... THIS WILL TAKE HOURS.

Thanks devs

Thanks a frigging a lot
  • michaelp1989michaelp1989 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same problem here...cannot maximize launcher from tray. Yesterday launcher patched itself, game ran fine but today I have this problem.
    I can launch game via gameclient.exe but connection timed out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    6gb, really? Romulus went live a couple of weeks back, that was a 6gb patch.
  • stevegjrstevegjr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same problem here...cannot maximize launcher from tray. Yesterday launcher patched itself, game ran fine but today I have this problem.
    I can launch game via gameclient.exe but connection timed out.

I'm having a similar problem.
  • saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I still have this issue, after.. 18 hours, I uninstalled my game to try again but apparently launcher its permanently broken for me, I cannot do anything about it, I already lost yesterday's dilithium refinements.

I will try to delete any traces of the game and try again, if nothing happens I'm gonna quit and cry.
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
  • saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Found a workaround that should help with the invisible launcher;

Right click the icon for Star Trek Online and select "Properties" on the shortcut tab select the drop down box for Run and change it to Maximised.

Should be able to log in through the launcher properly now.

THANK YOU! It works now somewhat, too bad I already uninstalled my game :( now I have to patch the whole stuff again.
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
    edited June 2013
    Sorry I couldn't help sooner. Being annoyed stifles my creativity.