Comments

• Options
    painkillerjaynepainkillerjayne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "Stop it, I mean it!"

"Anybody want a peanut?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Command Officers of the USS Wyvern (from left to right):
    Aurellia Eshkah (Tactical); Indigo Shae (Engineering); Nysiay Chysiayki (VA, Ship Captain)
    Jeclia Sek (Science); Vally Mantivour (Security)
  • Options
    lagunadlagunad Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    brigadooom wrote: »
    A little compensation would be nice for all of this, it's getting to be jolly ridiculous :o

They'll have a +50% downtime event. Get three hours of downtime for the price of two!!
  • Options
    doresainbanedoresainbane Member Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    They should up the percentage to 50% and retroactively reward anyone who purchased Zen today as compensation for the lack of response and apparently absence of concern over the game being down.

Keeping Customers Happy: An art MMO Developers do not believe in.
  • Options
    twofast4twofast4 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    by most expensive game i mean to say that i have been playing mmos for 13 years and ive played every mmo under the sun every server ive been on ive been uber cept for areia games shaiya witch is the only game more expensive than sto and what i mean by expensive is that one can spend no real money and within 6 monthes be half way decent so start a new toon put 6 monthes in and go to krat and try to pvp lol you will be the one every one wants to kill couse ya so easy pew pew you dead but yes the game is free but every thing in sto is expensive one way that they could lessen the burrden is every month get a free captin skill retrain token i mean sure if ya have 20 toons on a account and ya refine like hell ya can make some good money and dill and z but dam as a paying client if i pay ya are obligated to keep the servers up or what am i paying for
  • Options
    sereneiasereneia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Time for a sing-a-long....

Star Trekkin' across the universe,
    On the Starship Enterprise under Captain Kirk.
    Boldly going forward 'cause we can't find reverse.

Lt. Uhura, report.

There's Klingons on the starboard bow, starboard bow, starboard bow;
    there's Klingons on the starboard bow, starboard bow, Jim.

Analysis, Mr. Spock.

It's life, Jim, but not as we know it, not as we know it, not as we know it; it's life, Jim, but not as we know it, not as we know it, Captain.

Boldly going forward, still can't find reverse.

Medical update, Dr. McCoy.

It's worse than that, he's dead, Jim, dead, Jim, dead, Jim;
    it's worse than that, he's dead, Jim, dead, Jim, dead.

It's life, Jim, but not as we know it, not as we know it, not as we know it; it's life, Jim, but not as we know it, not as we know it, Captain.

Starship Captain, James T. Kirk:

Ah! We come in peace, shoot to kill, shoot to kill, shoot to kill;
    we come in peace, shoot to kill, shoot to kill, men.

Well, it's life, Jim, but not as we know it, not as we know it, not as we know it; it's life, Jim, but not as we know it, not as we know it, Captain.

there's Klingons on the starboard bow, scrape 'em off, Jim.

Boldly going forward, and things are getting worse!

Engine room, Mr. Scott:

Ye cannae change the laws of physics, laws of physics, laws of physics;
    ye cannae change the laws of physics, laws of physics, Jim.

Ah! We come in peace, shoot to kill, shoot to kill, shoot to kill;
    we come in peace, shoot to kill; Scotty, beam me up!

Well, it's life, Jim, but not as we know it, not as we know it, not as we know it; it's life, Jim, but not as we know it, not as we know it, Captain.

there's Klingons on the starboard bow, starboard bow Jim!

You can not change the strength Jim of the engines.

It's worse than that, it's physics, Jim.

Bridge to engine room, warp factor 9.

Och, if I give it any more she'll blow, Cap'n!
    Red Alert Red Alert
    Boldly going forward 'cause we can't find reverse.

Boldly going forward, still can't find reverse.
    ~Sereneia of Vets Fleet
  • Options
    curs0rcurs0r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can anyone at Cryptic or PWE explain exactly what it means when you take the server/shard down for two hours for "Server stability updates" or "Made improvements for general server stability"?

Seriously, what is the Cryptic/PWE definition of stability?

Have your developers fubared everything to a point that every time you fix one thing it breaks another?

Here's s suggetion,.. How about you fix everything that is broken before you intoduce anymore new features.

if they did that at this point they could work on it for 5 years without adding a scrap of new content. There has been a tendency to leave problems with the seeming intent of superseding the problem with system/content revamps. At least I hope that's the way it's been going. Otherwise the process of evolution has not made much sense here.
    I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
  • Options
    bumblebushbumblebush Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    horkathane wrote: »
    yea, time to turn back on netflix they got all the star trek series except the originals, i got em on disk hehe

Umm, I dont no what Netflix you have:confused:. But on my Netflix i got all Star Trek series and all episodes including the original ones from the 60's:eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "This is Fleet Commander BumBle!..
    Vice Admiral of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..
    I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
  • Options
    captreljakcaptreljak Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cant login because it says a file is locked when i tried to open sto everything was fine today before the update. i just got home from work an bam no sto im like wth!!!! this game is really tickin me off even tho im not a member i spend my hard earned cash to buy zen to purchase ships and other gear for this game when is this goin to be fixed sto?
  • Options
    qtrueqtrue Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am still a bit of noob, but it seems odd they can't put up a message saying that its down and if they have any sort of ETA. I mean they put up a message in the launcher when there is a planned patch. Why not something when its down?
  • Options
    kpg1usakpg1usa Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sador wrote: »
    All this whining. Would you guys like some cheese?

So go read a book, write your senator reminding them that the 4th Amendment isn't just a good idea, kiss your girl/boy friend, grab a bite to eat, visit the head, go to a movie, or any of a million other things that you can do besides whinge about STO being down. Is it frustrating? Hell yes, I'm only a few hundred marks from my OMEGA torp launcher. Is there anything you can do from in front of you computer to help? Not really.

I visited the head, we shared some toilet humor, it was HILARIOUS! :cool:
  • Options
    isee1isee1 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To whine about whine about whine is fine
    To whine about whine about downtime is not
    Come now whining whiners over whining whiners over whiners
    Is "Want some cheese?" the best that you've got?

Just a thought, but maybe if the anti-whiner whiner whiners did a little whiner whining instead of telling everyone to be thankful that they get to play for free (those fleet modules and Zen Store ships didn't really cost anything you know), maybe Cryptic/PWE would not pat themselves on the back during these things and hug the thoughts of one or two people who would be thankful for any chance to rally the team to the cause of "They are trying!"

Someone said "What can you do to help from behind a computer?" Well, quite possibly just a shade less than the people behind the computers in the server center are doing. Maybe they should read a book, eh? "Servers for Dummies" sounds apt.

So quit your whining about whining about whining. Go do something else. Want some cheese with that?
    To whine about whiner's whining about whine is fine
    To whine about whiner's whining about downtime is not
    Come now whining whiners over whining whiners over whiners whining
    Is "Want some cheese?" the best that you've got?

Just a thought, but maybe if the anti-whiner whiner whiners did a little whiner whining about whining instead of telling everyone to be thankful that they get to whine about playing for free (those fleet modules and Zen Store ships didn't really cost anything you know), maybe Cryptic/PWE would not pat themselves on the back during these things and hug the thoughts of one or two people who would be thankful for any chance to rally the team to the cause of "They are trying!"

Someone said "What can you do to help from behind a computer?" Well, quite possibly just a shade less than the people behind the computers in the server center are doing. Maybe they should read a book, eh? "Servers for Dummies" sounds apt.

So quit your whining about whining about whining whiners whining. Go do something else. Want some cheese with that?

(that's right. want to whine about it?)
  • Options
    bi0f0dd3rbi0f0dd3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    so when is bran gonna wake up and inform us just what happened?

he's in Europe without an adapter?
  • Options
    kenshi6767kenshi6767 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Jessica Jaymes

Google ...for a p@rn star, she is decent looking.

Just biding my time. lmao
  • Options
    genrldestructiongenrldestruction Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well while were waiting for the servers to get back online, how about another Gorn joke?

Q: What do you call a Gorn that can pick up a Tiercel Shuttle?
    A: You call that Gorn.. Sir!

Or anything that he demands to be called.
  • Options
    jaxonbriggjaxonbrigg Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    (Tune from Willie Nelson's "On the Road Again")

The servers crashed again,
    Can't logon because its crashed again,
    All i wanted was to blast stuff with my friends,
    And now i can't because the servers crashed again.

EVERYBODY... do do do do do. hum hum hum

I really need to play before I come up with something even more stupider. :D
  • Options
    wolfieebryanwolfieebryan Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    clogginns wrote: »
    Maybe the janitor tripped on a chord?
    OR the government is just TRIBBLE with all the gamers, specifically the ones who are over 18 and still live in their Mom's basement.

But, the fact still stands, I can't play.

I don't have a basement :P
  • Options
    grandadmthrawngrandadmthrawn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    clogginns wrote: »
    Maybe the janitor tripped on a chord?
    OR the government is just TRIBBLE with all the gamers, specifically the ones who are over 18 and still live in their Mom's basement.

But, the fact still stands, I can't play.

yes, the fact still stands WE cant play.

Followed quickly up by: what the heck did you do today that messed it up?
    &
    Did anyone actually test this or was it one of those hail Mary passes
  • Options
    mccormick81mccormick81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lol does it really surprise you that this game costs so much to keep going it seems everytime we have an outage is right after an update. and then they have to call the team back in on OT to fix it..... is this planned it sure seems to be the devs i am starting to think like the OT and so do the maintance teams.... so a normal call out is expensive already image what a call out to a guy just getting into bed costs...... and there goes the profit overhead of the game cause they wont look at stress test or fix it durring normal hours when most of us are at work they wait till we are all online trying to play and TRIBBLE us off so they can enjoy the coffee and fresh air that we all are paying for!!
  • Options
    aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wolfpacknz wrote: »
    Yes but that would involve customer service and accepting responsibility, 2 things Pakled World refuse point blank to have any part of...

Pakled World. I love that.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    foundrelic wrote: »
    Server stability updates.
    You keep saying these words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.
    I LOL'd

:D

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Add one more to the list- all pached up and login timeout. Multiple attempts- same result.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    ernee414ernee414 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    thore187 wrote: »
    Sooo......they don't even bother making an official thread when the server unexpectedly goes down anymore huh?

More importantly, they don't bother putting anything out well over an hour after the server goes down. While I understand that most people are probably at home, I am willing to bet money that somewhere there is at least one person, probably a few, who's sole purpose in life is to be up all night monitoring the servers. So as far as at least acknowledging that there is a problem and letting us know they are working on it, there is no excuse.

Unfortunately this is the way pretty much all games are functioning now. No one is concerned about publishing quality software anymore, just publishing it in general so they make a bunch of money on sales. Since they know everyone is going to buy it, they can take their time fixing the problems because money is in the bank (ie the stupid tools who buy games that have the words call of duty, medal of honor or battlefield in them and actually think they are realistic, or any EA game). It is probably even worse with MMOs because most players have money invested into it over time and aren't going to just throw it away unless it gets mega ultra stupid.
  • Options
    dethkin9dethkin9 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Guess I will go rewatch some TNG episodes while I wait
  • Options
    thebluerabbitthebluerabbit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jaxonbrigg wrote: »
    (Tune from Willie Nelson's "On the Road Again")

The servers crashed again,
    Can't logon because its crashed again,
    All i wanted was to blast stuff with my friends,
    And now i can't because the servers crashed again.

EVERYBODY... do do do do do. hum hum hum

I really need to play before I come up with something even more stupider. :D

I think "more stupider" wins that contest hands down.
  • Options
    tamujiintamujiin Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree, 100% with all that s being said, i was considering lifetime, but not anymore. Hey cryptc, just because you got a NEW GAME out, doesnt mean you need to sacrifice your established customers, or force us to play some fantasy TRIBBLE... i am not free to play, i spend money on this game, i am GLAD i dont subscribe, seeing that the times the servers are down, is prime playing time.

I ALSO support cryptic knowing the guys working on this game code inherited it. but jeesh, you guys treat it like a high school project. Fix the issues, become pro's at this stuff... quit making it appear lke a high school project you guys are making to make money for the after prom party.....
  • Options
    xarles2013xarles2013 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Anyone having any luck yet? I still can't even get it to retrieve my list of characters... just keeps crashing... :(
  • Options
    jrmotorsports88jrmotorsports88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lol a whole team ya right prolly just one guy!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    kenshi6767kenshi6767 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "more stupider" . The phase before "advanced stupid".
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same here- login timeout. Off to another game...again.
    :(
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    hicks451hicks451 Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    (I don't know why, but in game when my Excelsior-class ship gets near a Constitution-class ship, the transwarp stops working) it happens every now and then to copy the film Star Trek III
This discussion has been closed.