What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher Issue/ Slow Patching [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It patch, and then...it is in limbo mode...
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • Options
    austg76austg76 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well tried again and no luck now stuck on Loading launcher
    What a World...Server Crash...Respawn....borg Invades ...Respawn...
  • Options
    anyamaraxiamaraanyamaraxiamara Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cryptic, you have SEEN that doing patches of multiples games simultaneously previously has caused problems, why do you continue to do so o.O :confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Simi - Anyamara - Xiamara
  • Options
    rageycage559rageycage559 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Either fails to launch or fails to patch. Awesome.
  • Options
    tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It won't download the last 8mb of the patch. Sucks.
  • Options
    gymzquirkgymzquirk Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Patch server appears to be behaving now.

[ Perform gesture to ward off ill-fortune here. ]
  • Options
    randell1randell1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    DEVs please just put the server status to down until problem is fixed so that all these people trying to login patch don't affect what your trying to fix.
  • Options
    elqannaelqanna Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah I cant get the launcher to launch at this point and when it did does it wont patch, this is ridiculous. No more cash for you PW, I tire of the less than customer service and hokiest patches that never work right.

T minus 6 hours and counting...lol
  • Options
    nynjasquirrelnynjasquirrel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Drk I had the same problems, took multiple attempts and trying to connect to finally patch the launcher. Now I'm sitting for 10 mins watching the patcher download less than 10mb so far - on a 80mb connection. It's never been this slow, ever. /sigh
  • Options
    pedrobobpedrobob Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Happy Hours came back !!

I'm so happy and i was waiting for this maintenace mission !! Thanks !!
    NO to ARC
  • Options
    stulloydstulloyd Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yer I had the same problem. trying to connect. 1...2...3...4.... After around 4 attempts at closing & restarting I am now in the launcher which is now stuck on the patch & I accidently closed the launcher. Nooooooooooo. It's gone back to attempting to connect to launcher. NOOOOOOOOO.
  • Options
    starbuck75starbuck75 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    OMG it just started patching!!!!!! 120 kbyte so far.. run baby run I want to play during the weekend :cool:
  • Options
    darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pedrobob wrote: »
    My favorite episodes :
    - Server not responding
    - Login failed for an unknown reason
    - Star Trek Online is currently offline. We are working to resolve the issue.
    - Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient. Tried connecting 5 times.

Did you find all the hidden lobi crystals? :D
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No stipend this month, Can't get on now on my day off AGAIN, (who knows why), AND I just spent money on zen.........

Why do I bother? When am I gonna learn ? :(

Cryptic if you are trying to wean me off my STO addiction, it's starting to work.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    mirrorterranmirrorterran Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I patched early and had no issues with that...launcher failed for a while but now I am in.

Once the patch is done hopefully the launcher will work for those that are having issues.
  • Options
    tribunal777tribunal777 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just wanted to let all of you know that I am in the game now. It's awesome... If you could do what I did... You would be in too, and we would all be awesome. But... You can't. ^^
  • Options
    auric2000auric2000 Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same here but with the extra oddities of a Internet Explorer page trying and failing to load 2 out of 5 launcher starts, also one start the launcher was messed up graphically like itself failed to load
  • Options
    kheldor9kheldor9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same here. It says it is "trying to connect to server" and it took about 5 minutes to download 5 mb of data, then I got a ton of script errors when it finally came up. I closed it, reopened it, still got the "trying to connect to server" little box then the launcher loaded...and nothing. It looks like it is trying to patch but nothing is happening.
  • Options
    jeremiahhayesjeremiahhayes Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Finally got connected again but it hangs at the patcher...
    There is about as much water on Earth now as there was three billion years ago. But while the amount of water has remained static, the amount of tequila and Triple Sec available for the making of Margaritas has expanded enormously. So you see, we have made progress after all. ~Anonymous
  • Options
    sandmahnsandmahn Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Currently patching at about 500 bytes (yes bytes not KB's) per second
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just wanted to let all of you know that I am in the game now. It's awesome... If you could do what I did... You would be in too, and we would all be awesome. But... You can't. ^^

hunt the troll...uhh... "dhc's lost connection to server"... watch yaself die, there goes the boom :D...
  • Options
    darkhorse281darkhorse281 Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They probably put the NW patch on STO and the STO patch on NW, truly I could see them doing something like that lol :rolleyes:
  • Options
    psychickittypsychickitty Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Drk I had the same problems, took multiple attempts and trying to connect to finally patch the launcher. Now I'm sitting for 10 mins watching the patcher download less than 10mb so far - on a 80mb connection. It's never been this slow, ever. /sigh

like I said...neverwinter also has a patch and a server maintenance...thus the timing is not very good.....while everyone from star trek are trying to get the patch.....so are all the people for neverwinter...and unfortunately never winter isn't very optimized thus it hogs way more bandwidth for a lot less needed usage.

Power without Perception is Spiritually useless and therefore of no true value.

=^_^=

• Options
    vtshadow314vtshadow314 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Patcher FINALLY downloading the patch, for the SECOND time. Lets see if it go's all the way this time. Sont think it will. Its just sitting at 21% and nt moving.
  • Options
    captainreeedcaptainreeed Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just thought I'd add my voice to the growing number of people who are having problems with the Launcher.

The first time I tried, the Launcher eventually got stuck at 81% of updating. I tried flushing the DNS, no difference. I then downloaded a fresh copy of the Launcher file, also no difference. As per instructions at this support page:- http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=4341
  • Options
    stulloydstulloyd Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ok got Launcher back after another 2 attempts. Am now patching. Yey.
  • Options
    kuroichykuroichy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    you have a problem? me not ;)
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    patcher working again, but its crawling again too
  • Options
    borg101010borg101010 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Star Trek and Neverwinter are patching very very slow!
  • Options
    oldkilldareoldkilldare Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    have better things to do with my time than watch three dots flash in a cycle cryptic

howbout you actually tell us what the problem is so we can decide what to do with our time rather than doing the standard lets tell them bugger all routine
This discussion has been closed.