Install Arc
Options

Romulan Wish List/Bugs the need fixing

13»

Comments

• Options
    liquidinkliquidink Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They definitely need to fix Reman skin. The female skin tones need to be made more pallid in order to match the males. They also need to make Reman skin below the neck pale and wrinkled to match their heads.

Furthermore, they need to tone down the alliance system. I think it's a good idea, but it should be an alliance, not becoming a vassal. It really irritates me that I cannot team up with my friend's Romulan, simply because she chose KDF rather than Starfleet.
  • Options
    sfluckyzerosfluckyzero Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    desante3 wrote: »
    Cannot buy Doffs for Dilithium from Ferra/ Valear with a romulan (I still can with my fed)

I am having the same issue. Makes doing DOff stuff very frustrating sometimes.
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    -Romulans can't enter the appropriate level instance in Kerrat, my level 50 Romulan gets around 10 different enter kerrat buttons when arriving at the system in Sector space, and all of them take you to a random instance usually filled with low level players.

-Fed Aligned Romulans are missing the skirt shown in the ally selection screen

-The female TOS uniform skirt clips with many uniforms, the belts also clips with everything, and the top has a different color pallete from the sash making it impossible to match and set at the right color as it was seen on TOS.

-I can make my Liberated borg Reman boff look like a Reman from Nemesis, but regular Remans skin color selection can't make it look right, its not pale enough.

-Some of the Romulan episodes only offer Mk X rewards instead of Mk XI when repeating them at level 50.

- The Caustic Plasma Turret from the mission "Last Stand" appears as Mk IV regardless of what level you complete the mission at.

-more of a wish then a bug, but please let us use the T'Liss skin on the T'Varo, or if that can't happen at least let us use the Bird of Prey painted on the bottom of the hull on the T'Varo.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    szponixxszponixx Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm a FED Romulan but when I use 'Duty Officer Recruitment' console in New Romulus Command Center to exchange or reasign doffs, I can choose only from civilian doffs or those with KDF titles (like Bekk, Lieutenant, Sergeant, Warrior).

Because (as I said) my Rom is FED I don't have doffs with those titles. I can use only civilians.
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for making this post! I was considering making something similar based on making the RR feel more like its own faction, but this is way better!

Tac Security Team is wearing farmer style clothes instead of the standard RR Uniform

The Alhena daily doesn't drop the computer chips you need to collect to do the special mission

Bridge is populated with random officers, sometimes random allied officers, while I have a more than full complement of my own BOFFs that I would rather see.

Being able to link BOFFs with certain locations based on their department head settings in the doff system would be rad. Examples: First Officer on the bridge in the chair to the right of the captain, chief medical officer at the desk in Sickbay, head of Ops at the console at the rear of the bridge, etc.

Fleet Mogai doesn't implode in a singularity when it is defeated

New Romulus NPCs should be revamped to be more in line with the new Romulan Republic look. Many guards are in ragged uniforms like refugees, and while some refugees civilians should be expected, it would also be nice to see more RR troops around.

Bar Tender on the crew deck doesn't sell items like on other faction ships.
  • Options
    onyxheart1onyxheart1 Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    -- there are no special assignment contacts in the Romulan shipboard spaces, no engineer, ops, tactical, security, medical or science. not even the bartender or chef.

-- winter event clothing works sporadically on Romulans, i am a KDF allied Romulan and while the winter jackets work, the KDF scarf did not (even worse the box opened so i am supposed to have the scarf but it's not available in the tailor)

-- lots of sections in the non romulan storyline where you are recognized as a fed/KDF member rather than a romulan, or being a romulan isn't mentioned except in passing.

-- need Romulan exclusive STF gear and Combat EV suit

-- need pulsewave and sniper equivalents of the special plasma weapons available at New Romulus command and the Flotilla
    KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~ :P
    signature-omega.png
  • Options
    trwarbucktrwarbuck Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1. Interior for the Tar Shiar Adapted ships. I want to go places on my ship besides just the bridge and the ready room.
    2. Battle Cloak for the two tar Shiar Adapted ships. Come on Danatra has a battle cloak on her Scimitar.
    3. Borg implants for more races besides Federation races.
    4. More Romulan bridge designs.
    5. Romulan ships of Mogai and larger should have one hanger bay slot for Scorpian Fighters. Especially the Largest of the hulls (D'deridax, Ha'apak, Tar Shiar Battlecruiser, etc.)
    6. The 1000 day Veteran Ship.
  • Options
    kwiat007kwiat007 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Kill off D'Tan, kill off Obisek, destroy the republic, after that anything will be just progress.
    [SIGPIC]Join Date: August 2009[/SIGPIC]
    I live in an alternate universe, where j.j. abrams and cryptic never existed,
    where R.S.E. is what it always should be.
  • Options
    naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I want these PvP daily missions as a Rom/KDF:
    ?Ship Killer - Starfleet?
    ?The Most Dangerous Game - Space?
    ?The Most Dangerous Game - Ground?
    ?A Good Day To Die - Ground?
    ?A Good Day To Die - Space?
    ?Good Luck Charm?
    ?Turret Killer?
    ?Captain Killer - Starfleet?
    ?Captain Killer - Klingons?
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • Options
    borgeousborgeous Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In my humble opinion, a Lockbox or Lobi Store ship should have a interior. This is certainly the case with two of the most awesome looking ships, namely the Tal Shiar Adapted Destroyer and Battlecruiser, respectively. My Fed VA Tac has both ships. After outfitting both vessels with top gear and staffing Boffs, I could not wait to see the interior. After seeing what a Singularity Core looked like, I was anxious to see what an Adapted or Assimilated Warp Core would look like. I was totally bummed out when I realized that the interior was limited to only the bridge and ready room. The Ready Room was totally cool even if it was from Hakeev's ship. How bizarre it seemed that even low level Romulan ships have full interiors with Crew and Engineering Decks among other things. I was expecting ( or hoping) to experience an Assimilated Interior similar to one on Hakeev's flagship. I totally enjoyed that mission just because of the awesome Assimilated look of the interior. It is what one might expect of a ship that makes heavy use of Borg Technology. I would be so happy to see elements of Hakeev's interior used to fashion various decks on the Tal Shiar Adapted ships. Please mash up an Assimilated or Adapted ship interior.
  • Options
    arkridgearkridge Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It would be nice if some of the unique costume options for the story romulan boffs could be used on your character/other boffs--specifically I'm talking about the medical bag Satra has and the arm/leg tech options.
  • Options
    alfamegaalfamega Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    reduce the separation cooldown on haakona. its outrageous.
  • Options
    qkenjiqkenji Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Instead of Vice Admiral I suggest that it would be Vice Colonel or something like that for the Romulan Ranks . Hirogen and Suliban playable characters would be nice. Iconians and Fek'lhr should be seen more in the game too.
  • Options
    vanclifvanclif Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In my opinion the romulan Admiral ranks (Subadmiral I & II) are realy uncreative...
    Why didn't they use the Fleetcaptain and Enarrain? The counterparts of Rear Admiral LH & UH? Why this Subadmiral Bull****? -.-
  • Options
    hotelkatzhotelkatz Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I currently am having problems with replicating the Doffs that you get from advancing in the medical, military, and engineering tiers.

I am also having problems with the mission 'Sleepers'. I cannot replay it.
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I hate how a lot of the cross-faction missions assume Romulan players are either Fed or KDF. That needs fixing, right now.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    crappynamerulescrappynamerules Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The romulan doff reassignments (the exchange five of one quality for the next higher quality ones) are bugged. I dunno if the KDF romulans have it different, I can onyl speak for the fed romulans. Currently, the assignments only accept civilians and DOFFs with klingon ranks. So romulan civilian doffs can be traded up, but neither the allied or romulan versions of the assignment allow you to actually trade up non civilian romulan doffs. You're presently stuck with the white romulan doffs unless you dismiss them or put them into officer exchange program assignments.
  • Options
    superineptsuperinept Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Very simply, let us rename ALL of our BOFFS.
  • Options
    symetreus69symetreus69 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    alfamega wrote: »
    reduce the separation cooldown on haakona. its outrageous.

It's the same as the MVAM Prometheus CD. Granted you get 3 modes with the MVAM but I doubt many people use all 3.
    I hate how a lot of the cross-faction missions assume Romulan players are either Fed or KDF. That needs fixing, right now.

Yup it is. Try playing "The Return" (Undine Front) that mission make 0 sense as a RRF toon.
    The romulan doff reassignments (the exchange five of one quality for the next higher quality ones) are bugged. I dunno if the KDF romulans have it different, I can onyl speak for the fed romulans. Currently, the assignments only accept civilians and DOFFs with klingon ranks. So romulan civilian doffs can be traded up, but neither the allied or romulan versions of the assignment allow you to actually trade up non civilian romulan doffs. You're presently stuck with the white romulan doffs unless you dismiss them or put them into officer exchange program assignments.

Yup it's a pain :(
    Lifer since headstart!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    orionsrock wrote: »
    I know its a far cry but some of the c-store ships cant be obtained by romulans, I kinda woulda liked to have a gal-x because hey I bought it so why not?

Romulans will never get Tier 5 Fed or KDF ships.
    I am having the same issue. Makes doing DOff stuff very frustrating sometimes.

Very true. Such a nuisance D:
    msk5 wrote: »
    Roms can't buy Emergency Hologram DOFFs, which kinda blows.

I can :/ (Fed Rom here)
    Lifer since headstart!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    reximuz wrote: »
    Thanks for making this post! I was considering making something similar based on making the RR feel more like its own faction, but this is way better!

Tac Security Team is wearing farmer style clothes instead of the standard RR Uniform

The Alhena daily doesn't drop the computer chips you need to collect to do the special mission

Bridge is populated with random officers, sometimes random allied officers, while I have a more than full complement of my own BOFFs that I would rather see.

Being able to link BOFFs with certain locations based on their department head settings in the doff system would be rad. Examples: First Officer on the bridge in the chair to the right of the captain, chief medical officer at the desk in Sickbay, head of Ops at the console at the rear of the bridge, etc.

Fleet Mogai doesn't implode in a singularity when it is defeated

New Romulus NPCs should be revamped to be more in line with the new Romulan Republic look. Many guards are in ragged uniforms like refugees, and while some refugees civilians should be expected, it would also be nice to see more RR troops around.

Bar Tender on the crew deck doesn't sell items like on other faction ships.

Your welcome :D. Yeah I noticed the Tac Team one the other day in an STF (I play Sci) and laughed my head off!
    Lifer since headstart!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Well with the latest patch more things are being fixed, yay! One thing that bugs me is we still can't buy Reman BOFFs from command, at least we got DOFF recruitment missions!
    Lifer since headstart!
  • Options
    marksamuelsonmarksamuelson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Romulan plasma weapons in store at New Romulus Command center that look like Romulan weapons.

Faster turning rate for D'Deridex or lateral weapon arrays that can accept forward weapons. Currently there is no good reason to use the big D

Fleet grade singularity & warp cores in fleet store

fix the transporter effects: if you are a Romulan captain everyone should have Romulan transporter effects - your Klingon or Federaton officers shouldn't have different transporter effects than the rest of the landing party. Better yet, key it to the ship - if you fly a Romulan ship you have Romulan transporters, Klingon ships get Klingon transporters and Federation ships get Federation transporters.

make the weapons smaller - now they are way out of proportion
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Fleet grade singularity & warp cores in fleet store

They have been added with the Dilithium Mine.
    Lifer since headstart!