test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

WTH is going on in Ker'rat

zarathos1978zarathos1978 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvP Gameplay
I know, that Cryptic screwed (again) and Romulan VAs cannot(?) get into their own zone. But why they do even try to fight against lower ranks? I mean - ok, their manhood is green and short so they need to compensate. But then I saw (and done it myself) people mass warping out of low level zones because some Romulans 50s needed to repair their short ego. How the heck is this going to "help" PvP when people are scared off from only open space PvP place in the whole game?

And then we will hear whinnings that no one queues, that no one want to fight in Ker'rat.
Post edited by zarathos1978 on

Comments

• Options
    andoriansrusandoriansrus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    give it time and suck it up buttercup... everything is still a bit new in regards to the romulans... so as is the norm of mankind being a dumb panicky herd animal afraid of what it does not understand and hating what it fears (hence your Anti Romulan venom) just give it a bit of time to stabilize..... Ker'rat was never that popular to begin with... now some fed aligned rommies are in there mixing things up with battlecloak... hope they learn how to use it or a competent kdf team will still own them....

Ker'rat will go back and forth don't like how things are wait 30 minutes and it will change...

to complain and point fingers and essentially say its all the Romulans fault sounds a bit close minded to me... so for all of this I say suck it up buttercup put on your big boy panties and get out there and mix it up
    Major Xi'Zzin
    I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
    Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
    I have never trusted humans, and I never will
  • Options
    maicake716maicake716 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    give it time and suck it up buttercup... everything is still a bit new in regards to the romulans... so as is the norm of mankind being a dumb panicky herd animal afraid of what it does not understand and hating what it fears (hence your Anti Romulan venom) just give it a bit of time to stabilize..... Ker'rat was never that popular to begin with... now some fed aligned rommies are in there mixing things up with battlecloak... hope they learn how to use it or a competent kdf team will still own them....

Ker'rat will go back and forth don't like how things are wait 30 minutes and it will change...

to complain and point fingers and essentially say its all the Romulans fault sounds a bit close minded to me... so for all of this I say suck it up buttercup put on your big boy panties and get out there and mix it up

I think he means that higher level romulans are being allowed into lower level instances completely ruining any chance the lower level guys have at doing anything.
    mancom wrote: »
    Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
    Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
    Do you even Science Bro?
  • Options
    knockyknocky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Reading comprehension, get yourself some.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    andoriansrusandoriansrus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ok so I can see the problem with Level 50's rolling into the lower level instances but still its not like ONLY the Romulans are guilty of this seems to me I remember something like this happening a lot prior to season two... I could be wrong but still anyone who needs to inflate their egos with stomping the newbs has done this....it does need addressed and I retract my previous statement.....
    Major Xi'Zzin
    I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
    Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
    I have never trusted humans, and I never will
  • Options
    lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited June 2013
    the 4th interaction button from the top is the level 50 instances.
    But beware, you will most likely not end on your actual factions side :)
  • Options
    admiralah1admiralah1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Speaking as a Romulan player, I ended up in a lower level zone completely by accident and didn't realize it until I fired off a destablized plasma torp and took out half the players and enemies on the screen.

So, if it was me who killed you, my apologies. I suspect this is the same for a lot of players, although I'm sure there are those who are doing it on purpose too.
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited June 2013
    I think being faced with 15+ buttons to enter Kerrat is daunting enough. There's no way to tell which one to use, but the previous poster was right; choosing one further the list does help.

One problem I noticed as a fed-aligned romulan, I keep getting put on the Klingon teams.

I certainly made for odd responses from my teammates ;)

Kerrat certainly has the 'old is new' feel to it. Having the jump on klingons is a nice bit of visceral payback for all of the times I was on the receiving end.
  • Options
    zarathos1978zarathos1978 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    admiralah1 wrote: »
    Speaking as a Romulan player, I ended up in a lower level zone completely by accident and didn't realize it until I fired off a destablized plasma torp and took out half the players and enemies on the screen.

So, if it was me who killed you, my apologies. I suspect this is the same for a lot of players, although I'm sure there are those who are doing it on purpose too.

I think it was not you, but even if... I'll get one toon to VA and go on hunting spree. Green blood must flow :D

I do not mind Romulans who float around or duke it out between each others or kill someone unintentional, especially on cpt. cause Galaxy, Defiant and Intrepid are probably quite often seen in VA so easy to mistake a cpt for VA.

It's those that stay away from other VAs but actively hunt low rank players that are pissing me. Well, sooner or later there will be payback time.
  • Options
    azmodeasazmodeas Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The other night was messing around in kerat on a lowbie fed . an place was filled with evenly matched lowbies . Then some **** romulan va came in with a fleet mogai to pillage an an slaughter the lowbies. Same Romulan proceeded to mock an taunt the lowbies about having to learn to pvp . Really was taking the whole fun out of things. So got tired , loged out my lowbie an grabed my fed sci va with a kited out wells . came in saw same tool still there an tool left after getting blown up to the wells in under 30 seconds .

Seemed like the romulans at 50 couldn't handle pvp vs other 50's .

bottom line, if I hadn't other level 50 character options . An if I had been one of the recent influx of lowbies who do not have a level 50 toon yet. That whole experiance woulda soured me on pvp . But it's pvp , you take your chances with random idiots who can't handle a fair fight :).
  • Options
    dabaddabadabaddaba Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A lvl 50 romulan who intentionally attacks low lvl feds and klingons is simply pathetic. That said I have noticed that a low lvl romulan can't actually enter kerrat. Was it intended to work this way?
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ok so I can see the problem with Level 50's rolling into the lower level instances but still its not like ONLY the Romulans are guilty of this seems to me I remember something like this happening a lot prior to season two... I could be wrong but still anyone who needs to inflate their egos with stomping the newbs has done this....it does need addressed and I retract my previous statement.....

It existed up to the point they removed the infinigrind of Ker'rat. Was before S6, no? Or during S6? Can't remember. Back when you could switch zones rather easily, the Ker'rat 3-pack wasn't a daily, etc, etc, etc...folks would grind Ker'rat for Dil. For a lot of folks, it was just a chatzone - they'd sit there dead, chatting, while somebody completed the mission over and over for them...

...but yes, because folks could move to lower zones - there would be the fragging of lowbies that took place - along with the complaints in /zone.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    azmodeas wrote: »
    Seemed like the romulans at 50 couldn't handle pvp vs other 50's.

On a Romulan, when you go to Ker'rat - there is not a single button. There's a long list of buttons. Many folks do not realize, as pointed out earlier, that they should select #4. Also as mentioned, selecting #4 will generally put you on the wrong side - so you enter Ker'rat via #4, switch character - selecting the same character, and tada...meh.

So folks hitting up the first button or just randomly picking a button...if it's not #4, then they're going to be going up against somebody lower than them.

Another issue pointed out during beta that wasn't addressed...
  • Options
    naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I inadvertantly dropped into a zone which turned out to be tier 1...even my turret fire could zap a probe in one shot. I blew up one guy before I realized there was a -49 over him. Oops...sorry.

(And I destroyed ALL THE CUBES )
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING