test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rescheduled Systems Maintenance + Server Stability Patch (June 7, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    orici1701 wrote: »
    if you dont like this argument then dont read it lol, no one is forcing you to come on the forums and read them and there is some truth behind it, just look at the history of the maintenance and downtime.. it always effects EU players 9 times out of 10 it does

Well if you don't like my point of view you don't have to read that either, I'm simply trying to point out the flaws in the argument:

A) It's not EU prime time like most seem to think, that's actually about two or three hours from now, depending on which part of the EU you are in.
    B) Having a down time at this time affects the least amount of players for this game.
    C) Having the maintenance window change each time would affect more players than it does now.
    D) Not all maintenence happens at this time, granted a lot of it does but see point B.
    E) No one is forcing people to play STO.
    F) It's in the terms and conditions that there may be scheduled maintenence that may affect your gameplay, you agreed to those terms and conditions when when first joining the game, so essentially you're moaning about something you've already agreed to.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    yazzukayazzuka Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    :rolleyes:

tribbles not breeding or getting eaten by cannibal tribble .

1 out of 4 expired exchange items are deleted before reaching my mail .

Ship Name change not showing up on hull .

certain colour options at tailor not working .

for each borg-bolian red alert encounter there are at least 3 empty ones .

multiple sound problems during missions ( sound of weapons not working etc )

i dunno if this one is a bug but i completed the crystaline event twice last night and received

no shards .

these are the ones i have encountered the last 24 hours (some i am sure are old ones )

I am currently a ftp but i hope u can convince me to become gold again .

thanks
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I literally can only play this game for the two hours that this game is down for maintenance. Thank you, Cryptic. Thank you for ruining my life.
    If your life is ruined because you can't play a game, I feel very sorry for you.

I, personally, plan on going and buying a new phone, maybe get some stuff done around the house.

Dangit, I've already wasted some of my valuable downtime replying to you. Thank you, countrylobster. Thank you for ruining my life.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    hoovergkmmchoovergkmmc Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bergins wrote: »
    Hey, admitting you're a troll is the first step to recovery. Nice job. ;)

Eh - not so much trolling, really. I enjoy some serious discussion - and I am always willing to try to help out my fellow players. But to hear the same whining on this thread every. time there is maintenance, no matter how many times the reasons are explained gets old.

People whine. I comment on it. *shrug* everyone needs a hobby....
  • Options
    captainsteve3captainsteve3 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nennavari wrote: »
    ... Stop typing, breath, maybe pour yourself a glass of whiskey and light a cigar. At some point, while doing that, you'll realise how silly it is to get so frustrated over a little game downtime. C'est la vie, and all that.
    I don't drink or smoke and I love star trek online and I hate unnecessary maintenance which I believe does nothing but TRIBBLE up the server a little bit:confused:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    If your life is ruined because you can't play a game, I feel very sorry for you.

I, personally, plan on going and buying a new phone, maybe get some stuff done around the house.

Dangit, I've already wasted some of my valuable downtime replying to you. Thank you, countrylobster. Thank you for ruining my life.

This deserves my golf clap for brilliance.
    *golf claps*
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    irwin109 wrote: »
    Well if you don't like my point of view you don't have to read that either, I'm simply trying to point out the flaws in the argument:

A) It's not EU prime time like most seem to think, that's actually about two or three hours from now, depending on which part of the EU you are in.
    B) Having a down time at this time affects the least amount of players for this game.
    C) Having the maintenance window change each time would affect more players than it does now.
    D) Not all maintenence happens at this time, granted a lot of it does but see point B.
    E) No one is forcing people to play STO.
    F) It's in the terms and conditions that there may be scheduled maintenence that may affect your gameplay, you agreed to those terms and conditions when when first joining the game, so essentially you're moaning about something you've already agreed to.

and people who loose play time cos u agree its agood idea why? i smell alot of ****.

A. the ameican players tell us its a US server
    B. the down time is in the EU all the time
    C. then the ameicans should suffer.
    D. I dont care what u think, i cant tell where criptic end and u begin

and F, they should do it at a better time like Midday for the americans that gives criptic more time to sort out problems! and if u think that downtime when they just got in is a bad idea then u have problems lolz
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I loaded my dishwasher when it went down, and have a couple other things to do.

That sounded more like sarcasm to me, and I'm pretty good at spotting it. I doubt their life was ruined by a couple hours downtime.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    starsvoidstarsvoid Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just checking in to see the usual complaints and whines.

Keep up the good work, Branflakes and the rest of the guys over at Cryptic - don't be fooled, lots of your players appreciate your dedication.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I don't drink or smoke and I love star trek online and I hate unnecessary maintenance which I believe does nothing but TRIBBLE up the server a little bit:confused:

The cigar and whiskey advice is good advice :)

ANd ya know, I'm seeing improvements. Granted, not as quickly as I would like. Let's be honest, we would all like them to wave a magic wand over the servers and have everything work perfectly, but that's not gonna happen.

So many people want to try to pretend that nothing is happening - but we have come a long way from the way things were the first day after the LOR release - maybe all those maintenances that "do nothing but TRIBBLE up the server" are actually making things better?
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ok, seriously, last post then I'm off to get stuff done:

"General Server Stability" means they are bolting the servers to the floor, right? Wouldn't you be upset if Branflakes were to go stumbling into the server room, knock a rack over, and bring the game down for a DAY? SO, they aren't TRIBBLE it up, they are bolting it down.

Don't drink? Don't smoke? How's about a little Gorn?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Eh - not so much trolling, really. I enjoy some serious discussion - and I am always willing to try to help out my fellow players. But to hear the same whining on this thread every. time there is maintenance, no matter how many times the reasons are explained gets old.

People whine. I comment on it. *shrug* everyone needs a hobby....

Totally agree it's a case of SSDD every time I come to check the maint' post (as it's easier than launching the launcher all the time, as soon as the post is closed the server is up so...) and it's always the same complaints from the same people who have had the same reasons explained to them, alas they do not understand Galileo Galilei and Kepler's theories and think that the Earth revolves around them.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

• Options
    edited June 2013
    I've seen improvements as well. Just because they're small doesn't mean they're insignificant.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Someone should move a coffee and snack stand in here since this is where people come to when the game is offline. Just move it to the new thread when more maintenance gets planned
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    The cigar and whiskey advice is good advice :)

ANd ya know, I'm seeing improvements. Granted, not as quickly as I would like. Let's be honest, we would all like them to wave a magic wand over the servers and have everything work perfectly, but that's not gonna happen.

So many people want to try to pretend that nothing is happening - but we have come a long way from the way things were the first day after the LOR release - maybe all those maintenances that "do nothing but TRIBBLE up the server" are actually making things better?

after the first few updates to LOR the servers were working dang near perfect and then the stability updates were doing less and less :( until now they do absolutely nothing :mad:
  • Options
    defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This post is a statistical anomaly. It is totally irrelevant.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
    Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Totally agree it's a case of SSDD every time I come to check the maint' post (as it's easier than launching the launcher all the time, as soon as the post is closed the server is up so...) and it's always the same complaints from the same people who have had the same reasons explained to them, alas they do not understand Galileo Galilei and Kepler's theories and think that the Earth revolves around them.

imagine people not complaing ... oh wait ...what would that mean tho hmm

and yes Europe is the center of the universe have u not bin told ;)
  • Options
    rjh202rjh202 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To be fair, id rather have these scheduled daily maintenance which i can work around than the unexpected daily crashes we had over the few weeks before LoR came out, I've seen a relatively significant change in the servers, even if they aren't perfect, these patches are doing something.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    They could also do this for the simple fact of PRETENDING that they work long and hard... :D

yeah that is what they do lol XD XD
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    yazzuka wrote: »

and nore is America! lol
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    You know what annoys me more than server maintenance?

People who have trouble spelling three letter words, generally using textspeak in the forums.

And no, I don't use textspeak even when texting.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    general1devongeneral1devon Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    how about fixing the stuttering graphics problem? where the graphics will go from crystal clear to blurry to clear and so fourth. I've had this since LoR.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    echatty wrote: »
    You know what annoys me more than server maintenance?

People who have trouble spelling three letter words, generally using textspeak in the forums.

And no, I don't use textspeak even when texting.

u shld try it, it will save u time lolz
  • Options
    edited June 2013

why do you say that :confused: Europe is not the center of the universe and no I have not been told :cool:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    and people who loose play time cos u agree its agood idea why? i smell alot of ****.

A. the ameican players tell us its a US server
    B. the down time is in the EU all the time
    C. then the ameicans should suffer.
    D. I dont care what u think, i cant tell where criptic end and u begin

and F, they should do it at a better time like Midday for the americans that gives criptic more time to sort out problems! and if u think that downtime when they just got in is a bad idea then u have problems lolz

Like I said I'm in the UK, I'm affected by the downtime just as much as you, but remember it's just a game, it's almost like you think you're disconnected from real life!

A) It is a US Server.
    B) It's down when the least amount of players are on, if there was suddenly 100,000,000 more players playing at this time they'd move the maint' to a different time, again to a time when the least amount of players were one.
    C) They do, I've been up late/early and had the shard come down for maint' again, I didn't mind because if they didn't the game would eventually become unplayable one way or another.
    D) If you don't care what I think why are you replying to it?! It's clearly enraging you, which personally I find hilarious, I don't understand how you can get so wokred up because you can't get on a game for two hours. And I support Cryptic, if I thought they were doing a lousy job I wouldn't play their game, simple as that.
    E) You missed out E.
    F) Midday for Americans (depending where in America) would affect most time zones and cause problems for more people. And they haven't 'just got in' they're in at 3am their time sometimes, heck most of them probably work 12 hour shifts because people like you can't understand that they're hard at work trying to solve issues so you can (even though you probably won't) enjoy the game.

I honestly think you suffer from schadenfreude, I feel sorry for you.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

• Options
    edited June 2013

Exactly my point. I would by far rather participate in constructive discussion - unfortunately the vocal minority are not interested in that.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    why do you say that :confused: Europe is not the center of the universe and no I have not been told :cool:

im afraid explaining would take to long in this case :D
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    echatty wrote: »
    I've seen improvements as well. Just because they're small doesn't mean they're insignificant.

u shld try it, it will save u time lolz

It doesn't save that much time. It only takes a nanosecond to type out you.

Call me a spelling/grammar TRIBBLE, it's just how I am.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    after the first few updates to LOR the servers were working dang near perfect and then the stability updates were doing less and less :( until now they do absolutely nothing :mad:

No, it is still far from perfect.

And don't forget that even if it were perfect, that doesn't mean that the server stability maintenance is pointless - they could be making proactive improvements (ones that we may not see a difference on now, but could reduce problems in the future).
  • Options
    edited June 2013

People no complaining... I guess that'd make the down time a little more boring lol

It is? Wow, I feel proud to be at the center!!!
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

This discussion has been closed.