test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rescheduled Systems Maintenance + Server Stability Patch (June 7, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    - Skill respec is still broken (you get an error message when trying).

- My Boffs are *still* not showing up on my bridge: just default NPC's.

- Department head assigning doesn't 'stick.'

Are you guys ever going to fix these?
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    not again :(
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm glad the mail bug was fixed, I was able to delete my mail, though I don't do much trading on the Exchange to get a full mailbox. Also nice not getting kicked from the PvEs anymore.

Hopefully this patch will resolve more issues and not break either of those two.

I am having an issue in the Rhi sector. I decided to patrol it after defending the shuttles and it isn't counting the ships I kill. Gonna see if it's still doing it in a minute.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    pedrobobpedrobob Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i'm so happy my best missions are still alive !!

i hope this will never end ! Hihaaa !!
    NO to ARC
  • Options
    storattstoratt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi Captains,

We have rescheduled our brief systems maintenance that was originally planned for today to tomorrow.

We will be bringing down all Cryptic games and some services tomorrow, Friday, June 7th -- we will also use this downtime to add a new patch to STO for server stability updates. We are planning to conduct this maintenance at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) and expect it to last for only 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

The patch note for this maintenance is "Server stability updates".

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

We want:
    • Bug Fixes. . .
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bug fixes are coming.

They fixed the Valdore wing texture bug last time too (which did not make it to patch notes ) .

Hope this one will go well too, and server stability upgrades are needed after a major launch.

I for one am happy the game now works with the pve ques properly.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    rhyspeacesrhyspeaces Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I still can't get in kerrat with my fed rom its getting on my manboobs
  • Options
    richarddoverricharddover Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    storatt wrote: »
    We want:
    • Bug Fixes. . .

Yes. For goodness sake... Fix the bugs first. Never mind that some people are having connection issues, lag, completely unable to play. Bugs are way more important than something as silly as, oh I don't know.... getting in, and being able to stay in the game.
  • Options
    skaar89skaar89 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    3 hours ago game was offline and it still is. there is no indication is the server offline or online, nothing. whats with that?
  • Options
    bauer6bauer6 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    although we appreciate the fact that the servers have to go down for maintenance but why does it ALWAYS have to be when tour the galaxy is on?

Cryptic can you please re-schedule the tour the galaxy event for 1 hour after the servers are back up and running, due to the fact that their are many many players who would appreciate this so they can actually gain energy credits.

appreciate your help on this
  • Options
    orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bauer6 wrote: »
    although we appreciate the fact that the servers have to go down for maintenance but why does it ALWAYS have to be when tour the galaxy is on?

Cryptic can you please re-schedule the tour the galaxy event for 1 hour after the servers are back up and running, due to the fact that their are many many players who would appreciate this so they can actually gain energy credits.

appreciate your help on this

and ur point?? some missed a fleet mark bonus event when 1 maint was on they didnt change that. so u n every1 who misses it are going to have 2 options.... deal with it or deal with it.... i dont want the next fleet bonus event to be delayed cos of a few missing a event
  • Options
    thetraveler82thetraveler82 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    skaar89 wrote: »
    3 hours ago game was offline and it still is. there is no indication is the server offline or online, nothing. whats with that?

(...) "Cryptic" matters, I'm afraid. :( :P
    I love Science! STO science. B)
  • Options
    hoovergkmmchoovergkmmc Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi all - just got here. Have I missed the "Why is it always during European prime time" whinefest yet?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Hi all - just got here. Have I missed the "Why is it always during European prime time" whinefest yet?

u would whine if it disturbed ur play time all the time. if u say u wouldnt ur lieing n
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    orici1701 wrote: »
    u would whine if it disturbed ur play time all the time. if u say u wouldnt ur lieing n

With my work schedule, it does impact my play time. Yet I don't whine about it.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    With my work schedule, it does impact my play time. Yet I don't whine about it.

its a free world if people want to complain let them, if u dont want to see it then dont read them or add flames to them.... people pay good money to play this game in the EU not see it down
  • Options
    nennavarinennavari Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

It's a delicious irony that every time I check the maintenance notices I see the people whining about Europeans whining before I actually see the Europeans whining.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,422 Arc User
    edited June 2013

No, but you have just kicked off the "Americans whining about Europeans" fest.

Now that you bring it up though.. vary the maintenance times so it is not always Europe who suffers.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    captainsteve3captainsteve3 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cryptic WHY DO YOU BRING STAR TREK ONLINE DOWN FOR TWO HOURS EVERY OTHER DAY!! I am starting to suspect that they are just claiming to fix it and only bringing the server down to keep players from getting on for 2 hours and to make matters worse some players are in the middle of a pve mission or any other mission like I was playing crystalline catastrophe and when I saw that the server was coming down in one minute my first thought was "wow! really cryptic you had to do this IN THE MIDDLE OF A MISSION I HAVENT PLAYED IN A REALY LONG TIME!!!":mad: also despite what my forum avatar says with my rank I am actually a vice admiral in the romulan republic
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    questerius wrote: »

Now that you bring it up though.. vary the maintenance times so it is not always Europe who suffers.

or move it to America times like midday.. as im sure one will post it is a American server so logically they should be the ones who suffer.... lol they will prob b**ch about this for the next 2 hours but thats showing how small minded they are and push there problems on others cos they dont want to deal with the downtime lolz

and yes 1 will say its done when less players are on, if that was true this thread would be empty and not fill pages so fast lmfao
  • Options
    irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    orici1701 wrote: »
    its a free world if people want to complain let them, if u dont want to see it then dont read them or add flames to them.... people pay good money to play this game in the EU not see it down

Seriously, this argument yet again? UK player here, affected by 9/10 downtimes, also not bothered that he's affected by 9/10 downtimes as he actually has a vague understanding of why these downtimes happen when they do. If these are the only two hours you can play this game then again I'd suggest you find another game. If it just happens to be some of your game time then quit whining at least you get to play the game the rest of the time!
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    thetraveler82thetraveler82 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cryptic WHY DO YOU BRING STAR TREK ONLINE DOWN FOR TWO HOURS EVERY OTHER DAY!! I am starting to suspect that they are just claiming to fix it and only bringing the server down to keep players from getting on for 2 hours (...)

They could also do this for the simple fact of PRETENDING that they work long and hard... :D
    I love Science! STO science. B)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    skaar89 wrote: »

I've been playing for the last two hours or so, since around 6am, my time, which is two hours ahead of PDT.

I only logged off about half an hour ago because it was fifteen minutes till shard shut down.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    irwin109 wrote: »
    Seriously, this argument yet again? UK player here, affected by 9/10 downtimes, also not bothered that he's affected by 9/10 downtimes as he actually has a vague understanding of why these downtimes happen when they do. If these are the only two hours you can play this game then again I'd suggest you find another game. If it just happens to be some of your game time then quit whining at least you get to play the game the rest of the time!

if you dont like this argument then dont read it lol, no one is forcing you to come on the forums and read them and there is some truth behind it, just look at the history of the maintenance and downtime.. it always effects EU players 9 times out of 10 it does
  • Options
    nennavarinennavari Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cryptic WHY DO YOU BRING STAR TREK ONLINE DOWN FOR TWO HOURS EVERY OTHER DAY!! I am starting to suspect that they are just claiming to fix it and only bringing the server down to keep players from getting on for 2 hours and to make matters worse some players are in the middle of a pve mission or any other mission like I was playing crystalline catastrophe and when I saw that the server was coming down in one minute my first thought was "wow! really cryptic you had to do this IN THE MIDDLE OF A MISSION I HAVENT PLAYED IN A REALY LONG TIME!!!":mad:
    ... Stop typing, breath, maybe pour yourself a glass of whiskey and light a cigar. At some point, while doing that, you'll realise how silly it is to get so frustrated over a little game downtime. C'est la vie, and all that.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    questerius wrote: »

Hey - gotta entertain myself somehow while the server is down again :D
  • Options
    countrylobstercountrylobster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I literally can only play this game for the two hours that this game is down for maintenance. Thank you, Cryptic. Thank you for ruining my life.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey - gotta entertain myself somehow while the server is down again :D
    Hey, admitting you're a troll is the first step to recovery. Nice job. ;)
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    cryptic WHY DO YOU BRING STAR TREK ONLINE DOWN FOR TWO HOURS EVERY OTHER DAY!! I am starting to suspect that they are just claiming to fix it and only bringing the server down to keep players from getting on for 2 hours and to make matters worse some players are in the middle of a pve mission or any other mission like I was playing crystalline catastrophe and when I saw that the server was coming down in one minute my first thought was "wow! really cryptic you had to do this IN THE MIDDLE OF A MISSION I HAVENT PLAYED IN A REALY LONG TIME!!!":mad: also despite what my forum avatar says with my rank I am actually a vice admiral in the romulan republic

The notices started coming up a half hour before the servers went down.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    ototo999ototo999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, to be fair im mostly happy with the last bug-fix patch. Still lots of things to do, but in overall the most annoying things were solved.

:) GO ON, CRYP!! HALF THE WAY THERE!!! :)

PS: And, please, try too upgrade your systems and/or shedule the shutdowns for less time, im sure nobody have troubles or anything for a base-sheduled daily shutdown of 30minutes untill u can solve ur new system troubles, but downtimes of 2 hours-daily are a lot.
This discussion has been closed.