test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rescheduled Systems Maintenance + Server Stability Patch (June 7, 2013) [Complete!]

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
Hi Captains,

We have rescheduled our brief systems maintenance that was originally planned for today to tomorrow.

We will be bringing down all Cryptic games and some services tomorrow, Friday, June 7th -- we will also use this downtime to add a new patch to STO for server stability updates. We are planning to conduct this maintenance at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) and expect it to last for only 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

The patch note for this maintenance is "Server stability updates".

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    martakurillmartakurill Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey BranFlakes,

Do you know if this patch will help resolve the rubber-banding issues that have been reported on the forums?

Because if it does, I will be one happy Captain. :D
  • Options
    poeddudepoeddude Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "Server Stability Updates" is Cryptic talk for "Feeding the officer hamster" and has about as much effect on the game.

If it really did anything the number of these patches we have had in the last 2 weeks would make STO the most stable server in existence where as it is no more stable than it was the day LoR launched.

A little less buggy though since the latest bug squashing patch. Only a little.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey BranFlakes,

Do you know if this patch will help resolve the rubber-banding issues that have been reported on the forums?

Because if it does, I will be one happy Captain. :D

Is that where your ship starts snapping back and forth if you use evasive maneuvers? Cause that is one annoying bug.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Servers have gotten way more stable so all these maintenance windows are doing something right.
  • Options
    nealuknealuk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "Server Stability" - Mmm, yes we believe you.
    full
  • Options
    arms14vearms14ve Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I do its far better than what I've seen on other MMO's I think there just dealing with far more load then predicted from the tests and i havent had to many server instabilities just alot of lag on log in, but that could just be do to being down to one GPU instead of haveing two in the past.
  • Options
    firefox1afirefox1a Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bran, I am still having issues deleting mail. There are some returned message from the exchange that came back and there is nothing in the message, and I just can't delete them. Any help?
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    More bug fixes would be nice, but hey, slow and steady wins the race right? :P
  • Options
    mondoidmondoid Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Anyway you could be more specific than "general server stability improvements" ?
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You cannot stabalize hardware issues through making me download the same ShaderCache.bin file seven times in two weeks, no matter how much you may wish it was so.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Translation = We're just going turn it on and off to clear our memory leaks.....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    poeddude wrote: »
    "Server Stability Updates" is Cryptic talk for "Feeding the officer hamster" and has about as much effect on the game.

If it really did anything the number of these patches we have had in the last 2 weeks would make STO the most stable server in existence where as it is no more stable than it was the day LoR launched.

A little less buggy though since the latest bug squashing patch. Only a little.

As long as it's not crypticspeak for 'Wipe everything we think you don't really need' I guess I'll have to live with it.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited June 2013
    firefox1a wrote: »
    Bran, I am still having issues deleting mail. There are some returned message from the exchange that came back and there is nothing in the message, and I just can't delete them. Any help?

We're working on a resolution for this.
    You cannot stabalize hardware issues through making me download the same ShaderCache.bin file seven times in two weeks, no matter how much you may wish it was so.

Just posted this: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=10662031#post10662031 :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    captainpurplecaptainpurple Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I hope this patch will resolve the issue I'm having with the mail UI causing STO to crash every time I open it. I have no problems playing the game at all, but once I open the mail UI (from minimap or a mail console) the game will crash every time. Only been happening since the latest patch that was supposed to resolve mail issues. I submitted a bug ticket in game and posted on the forums. Seems I'm not the only one with this issue.

Thanks for continuing to work on the problems. Give the hampsters a pat on the head for me. :)
    free jkname
    bergins wrote:
    "General Server Stability" means they are bolting the servers to the floor, right? Wouldn't you be upset if Branflakes were to go stumbling into the server room, knock a rack over, and bring the game down for a DAY? SO, they aren't scrwing it up, they are bolting it down.
  • Options
    blacksouleternalblacksouleternal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I truly hope this stability issue patch may somehow fix the game ending bug I have been experiencing :/ . . .
  • Options
    nalonalo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Proud of yall so far no azzhats have chimed in like yesterday when they posted down time
    ;)

Damn and there it goes :)
  • Options
    diabolicaltroopdiabolicaltroop Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bug fixes, stability issues? I have a bruised ribs logo showing on my Romulan toon and it will not recognize the injury so I can heal the injury. This has happened since your last patch fixing stability issues. Rotsa Ruck Charlie! :rolleyes:
    KDF Ancient House of Seplch
    Dahar Master "Epitai" Kelrok son of Pok Seplch House Leader Tactical
    General Babd Grace O'Malley House Seplch Science Officer
    Fleet Admiral Quintus Savat House Seplch Tactical Officer
  • Options
    blacksouleternalblacksouleternal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bug fixes, stability issues? I have a bruised ribs logo showing on my Romulan toon and it will not recognize the injury so I can heal the injury. This has happened since your last patch fixing stability issues. Rotsa Ruck Charlie! :rolleyes:

At least you can play legacy stuff, I am unable to make any use of the legacy pack I purchased, the game is in a constant crash loop and still waiting for a response to the tickets/email/forum posts I've made with no luck for a week now. One automated response from one email and that is it.
  • Options
    trekie564trekie564 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Give the hampsters a pat on the head for me. :)

THEY... ARE.... TRIBBLES!!!!!!!!
    we here at Khan Inc. hate hampsters. we LOVVVVVE Tribbles!
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    trekie564trekie564 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All my mail on one account was deleted.... it had a perfectly good warp core in it. :eek: i log back in after patch, BOOM. it gone.:( I would like an explination...:confused:
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,386 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't always play games, but when I do I choose Star Trek Server Off Line. :rolleyes:
    potholes_zpsc7a881d1.jpg
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    b4k4nib4k4ni Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "Server stability updates" .... sounds for me more like:

"We install all new Windows Updates!"
    "We reinstalled Windows Server 2003! Like every week!"
  • Options
    captiancoppscaptiancopps Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey Bran, please tell them that the Jem'hadar pets are missing from both the dilithium store and fleet star bases. Been missing since LoR release.
  • Options
    zombiedeadheadedzombiedeadheaded Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You don't know what your doing, do you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOSU59DP760
  • Options
    noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How about : BUYING OR LEASE NEW SERVERS !!! You wouldn't know how much money you would have saved already with it, instead of shutting down the servers each day for stability patches.
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • Options
    captaingalaxy1captaingalaxy1 Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey Bran Is the trait system working properly because I repseced my main character "Captain Galaxy" recently and it dosen't show any active traits in the trait window, just empty available slots and ingame dosen't feel or show an noticable benefits.
    "Omega Class will prevail she cannot be defeated!"
  • Options
    dirksterdudedirksterdude Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    firefox1a wrote: »

I had this same problem and after the last stability/patch update I could delete most of my in-game email. Happened on both of my characters for Federation and Klingon. I think the latest before this morning's scheduled patch was 235MB. It took me 10 minutes to delete all the in-game email I could. I had well over 200 messages per character. There are still a few I can't delete.
  • Options
    pharaoh28pharaoh28 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was unable to play this game after 5pm (timezone GMT +2)
    but the last server stability update fixed it , and now i can play all day

Please dont ruin it !!!
  • Options
    antaran5antaran5 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Any word on if/when KDF will be able to claim firework emote item from the barracks? many of us are finding the console unusable yet it works fine for FED and ROM.

Keep up the good work.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Edmund Burke
This discussion has been closed.