What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Outage 6.3.13 [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    sdfredfoxsdfredfox Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    STO is an amazing game, and an MMO is an unbelievably complex piece of software and hardware and people, so the fact any MMO runs at all is kind of incredible. Props to our devoted Cryptic staff who WILL get it back up, and in a mere few hours at worst. Gamer rage is understandable but it could really be a whole lot worse.

That said, times like these are certainly frustrating. :rolleyes: I also really wish a lot of the "little" bugs would get fixed. From the mail system, to being unable to complete the achievement in Deferi where you rescue the engineers in the plant. My OCD makes those things stand out more than down-time. lol :P
  • Options
    sandmahnsandmahn Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    After 8 Mb don't they run into the "out of physical memory" message?
  • Options
    harrycork237harrycork237 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    LOAD "STO.EXE",8,1

shift/run then the tape play!! And 'NEW' is the command to clear the data, or you can flip the power switch.
  • Options
    thyrnecristhyrnecris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Actually, Load "STO.EXE",8,1 would be loading it from the first available Floppy Drive, Machine Code mode.
    For Tape, it would be LOAD "STO.EXE",1,1
  • Options
    lake1771lake1771 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Since it appears none of you ever leave STO or the STO forums, I just thought I'd point out that the other major Sci-Fi MMO known as EVE Online, suffered almost 24 hours of downtime that was only fixed yesterday.

The reason for that? A massive DDoS attack that took down all their systems. There is apparently a very good chance that whoever was responsible for that attack may well be on a DDoS spree and is taking down one game after another. Do not be surprised if Blizzard also suffers similar issues over the next few days, along with NCSOFT and any other MMO company.

Sometimes it pays to pay attention to the world outside your STO account, you never know what you might find out.

A DDoS attack wouldn't have had such an immediate effect without causing some serious lag and connectivity issues before actually bringing the servers down.
    so, no.
  • Options
    gr4v1t4rgr4v1t4r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    With all this server instability, I don't actually see much improvement in STO server performance even though the last patch notes said "General Stability Improvements". I, now am worrying about two things, one the server performance and down time and the ARC platform launcher.

Why don't we all just relax, delete Neverwinter and have a glass of romulan ale eh? :rolleyes:

It's not because of Neverwinter:rolleyes:
    Lost and Delirious... and Disenchanted too
    Apparently some forum posters have diplomatic immunity nowadays, where can I get mine?
    askray wrote: »
    Expressing my opinion isn't trolling but nice try. Besides, if I was you wouldn't know it ;P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    normaly when people perform like this in the real life they get fired for pisspoor performance.this server has been dickedup every day for over a week now time to take jobs. maybe it will improve the problem

Cut your generals' heads and hand marshal batons to the rest... you sure win wars that way...
    Server not responding (1701 s)
  • Options
    gunner1567gunner1567 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This started happening when they launched Never winter Could it have something to do with the server problems
  • Options
    hoovergkmmchoovergkmmc Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    thyrnecris wrote: »
    Actually, Load "STO.EXE",8,1 would be loading it from the first available Floppy Drive, Machine Code mode.

Ahhh - you are correct. Been a few years LOL :)
  • Options
    x0ligyx0ligy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How unusual the game is down :rolleyes:
  • Options
    harrycork237harrycork237 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ahhh - you are correct. Been a few years LOL :)

loving the commodore 64 references lol :)
  • Options
    soverigndeltasoverigndelta Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gr4v1t4r wrote: »
    It's not because of Neverwinter:rolleyes:

Sarcasm at its finest :D
  • Options
    morpheusssssmorpheusssss Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gunner1567 wrote: »
    This started happening when they launched Never winter Could it have something to do with the server problems

It is the server problems causing this, twice I've seen this happen and about 5 minutes later a banner will come up on the launcher saying the game is offline.
  • Options
    aramil4aramil4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    x0ligy wrote: »
    How unusual the game is down :rolleyes:

There is a game as well as this forum??? :D
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    thyrnecris wrote: »

Oh good god that takes me back!!:D I'm wondering if they have the contemporary equivelent to an old zx81 with 16k expansion pack problem..."RAM pack wobble" :P
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    njsjedinjsjedi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    so a Female Doctor next?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Fleet builds the fleet

join date Feb 10
    twitter us at sccfleet.
  • Options
    midknight3376midknight3376 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I wish someone from Cryptic would just brake down and go over to their parent company (PWI) and ask someone there to come back with them to fix these dam problems since is seems no one at Cryptic is going to ever get this sh*t fixed without some professional help from a company that has released multiple MMOs and to my knowledge never had this much of a problem with their servers. Oh wait that makes way to much sense to actually work not to mention there's all the "why the h*ll didn't you idiots do this sooner" Back lash from the players that would take place immediately following a competent decision like that for Cryptic to ever actually consider it to be a viable solution.
  • Options
    mccormick81mccormick81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hey how much longer is this going to go on?>????? any news yet!
  • Options
    legobrick102legobrick102 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    STO can equal: Star Trek Online/Star Trek Offline :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    njsjedi wrote: »
    so a Female Doctor next?

not sure that would work for me, but I'm open minded about it :P
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    twofast4twofast4 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    just bought 3 pwe cards this week and was gonna get the hole rom package for 150 dollors couse i was bringing 200 players to the server so they could play the game with all the new content and they ant shy bout spending huge sums on there games but all the down time and this one just happened no warning as i was showing and skypeing trying to bring 67 people in to sto the server crashed now they all dont want any thing to do with cryptic i realley hope yall get it fixed so i can show how good the game is and bring the 17 guilds from 9 shaiya servers to sto
  • Options
    noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Since it appears none of you ever leave STO or the STO forums, I just thought I'd point out that the other major Sci-Fi MMO known as EVE Online, suffered almost 24 hours of downtime that was only fixed yesterday.

The reason for that? A massive DDoS attack that took down all their systems. There is apparently a very good chance that whoever was responsible for that attack may well be on a DDoS spree and is taking down one game after another. Do not be surprised if Blizzard also suffers similar issues over the next few days, along with NCSOFT and any other MMO company.

Sometimes it pays to pay attention to the world outside your STO account, you never know what you might find out.

That, my dear, is pure unfortunated for that company that got this DDoS attack. Sadly, Cryptic failure, isn't, but is pure a result of incompentence to react on the issues that were already luring since Season 7. If you forget to refresh the oil in your car in time, at one point, your engine will fail.
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • Options
    paladinfury1978paladinfury1978 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nyxadrill wrote: »
    Oh good god that takes me back!!:D I'm wondering if they have the contemporary equivelent to an old zx81 with 16k expansion pack problem..."RAM pack wobble" :P

When I first made that Commadore 64 comment... I really didn't think anybody else would even remember what it was... LoL. Glad to see some old school computer geeks here like me...
    Maybe you can answer this: My load command was Load " * " ,8,1
    What the heck did the * mean? Its been so long I have forgotten.
  • Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For crying out loud Cryptic!!

AGAIN??

This is getting utterly laughable at this point. Your servers are clearly not up to scratch.

Here's a tip: Buy some of those super computers the US armed forces has, and use them as servers. I'm dead serious.

This has to stop. There has got to be a reason to why the servers are crashing or need a reboot almost every flipping day.

Yes, I read the Ask Cryptic, but, it left me with more questions than answers...

Get new servers, stat!!!
  • Options
    amoroxicamoroxic Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It was worst then dead............. His brain is... GONE
    Let it go Jim, it's dead!
  • Options
    hoovergkmmchoovergkmmc Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    twofast4 wrote: »
    just bought 3 pwe cards this week and was gonna get the hole rom package for 150 dollors couse i was bringing 200 players to the server so they could play the game with all the new content and they ant shy bout spending huge sums on there games but all the down time and this one just happened no warning as i was showing and skypeing trying to bring 67 people in to sto the server crashed now they all dont want any thing to do with cryptic i realley hope yall get it fixed so i can show how good the game is and bring the 17 guilds from 9 shaiya servers to sto

F.

*whole
    *dollars
    *because
    *their
    *don't
    *really
    *y'all

Also, you might want to try some punctuation.

Please see me after class.
  • Options
    mikediggermikedigger Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    interesting that the whole time the website says all servers are online.
    http://www.mmoserverstatus.com/star_trek_online
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    When I first made that Commadore 64 comment... I really didn't think anybody else would even remember what it was... LoL. Glad to see some old school computer geeks here like me...
    Maybe you can answer this: My load command was Load " * " ,8,1
    What the heck did the * mean? Its been so long I have forgotten.

The forums moving at a snails pace so someone may answer this before me but if I remember correctly load "*",8,1 meant load the first file on the disk.....oh man do I feel old now!! LOL.... I need wine .. :P
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I see we are back to your regularly scheduled programming.....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    haubrockhaubrock Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Whats kinda depressing...
    I worked 16 hours today, then got home and was happy to see, that I would have 4 hours at home without anybody getting on my nervs...
    But what happened? 11 Minutes after getting into the game.... "ITS DEAD JIM!"
This discussion has been closed.